Detective Conan

>it's been 22 years since this show's first episode holy christ

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/dt2LD4z3PxCG.xhtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The collection on Netflix starts on OP 38. I was very confused

Netflix is weird. Their Conan starts at, like, ep 748 and has only 50 eps in which they haven't touched it in about 2 years.

I wonder if someone actually watched all of it.
I remember watching it when it came first out, like 18 years ago,
and dropping it after 60 or so episodes because there was no fucking progress whatsoever.
It's amazing how studios can get away with shit like that.

If you skip all the filler, it's 500 episodes or something close to that.

It prints money. Conan is huge in Nipland.

Was rather disappointed to find that out myself. It's such a weird point to jump in at.

Good to know, but that's still way too long.
Anything above 200 eps is absolutely ludicrous.
Remember, even the Ranma anime and Urusei Yatsura had fewer episodes than that.
Also, researching shit and looking through an episode guide shouldn't be required for viewing.

Yeah, I mean, if it makes money I can't blame the studios.
But I'm amazed casuals are so utterly retarded they will actually support such business practices.

Damn, you sure told me.

I've watched it all. And given rewatches with friends I've basically rewatched it entirely two or three times.

I don't think I'm much of an outlier.

Also,
>complaining within the first 5 seasons
Thanks for the laugh.

I should clarify two things before a book is thrown at me:

My rewatch count is the total amount of episodes I've rewatched. Most of them are within the first 504 episodes. Adding all those up, I could have slipped in another rewatch or two.

Also, I'm not saying complaining in the first 5 seasons isn't allowed just it is the worst possible spot to form any sort of opinion about a now almost 900 episode series. It's unfortunate, but the plot actually starts at episode 129. At least within those first 5 seasons they drill in character intros and the formula, and there are some great cases but ultimate it could fool anybody who is looking at Conan from a surface level.

There's problems outside of the first 5 seasons worth complaining about, probably.

Nobody cares
But nice clear quads (ayy)

Nice dubs

Same to

What the fuck is this Inazuma Eleven?

Don't you feel frustrated with how much time you wasted on this series ?
That's basically 69 days of watching Conan 10 hours a day.
I'm not one to judge, I played JRPGs and CNC for weeks on end, but you could've seen like 70 one-cour shows in the time it took you to go throw Conan once.

>decide to watch all Conan from the beginning
>got tired around the episode 200 and forgot
>years and years pass
>decide to watch all Conan from the beginning again
>got tired around the episode 200 and forgot
>more and more years pass
>decide to watch all Conan from the beginning again
>get tired around the episode 200 and forgot
In 2 more years I will try it again, I already forgot where did I stop watching so I will just watch it from episode 1 again, nothing will stop me this time!

My first initial climb was when it was at 700 episodes. I might be inflating my rewatch numbers a bit.

Your equation to smaller shows means nothing to me, nor should it to anybody. Quantity vs subjective quality is per person. If I wanted to watch 70 one-cour shows I would have done that, no?

I don't feel like I've wasted time, and the bits of rewatches were over the course of several years in small chunks of only episodes I felt like watching along with others. If I cared about time wasted, I wouldn't be watching anime at all.

Guide to Detective Conan.

>read the manga
>watch whatever your favourite episodes
>movies and ova

I was interested in Conan. Until I found out how little time passed in universe. That shits a huge turn off.

I've always wanted to go through something like Conan or Pokemon and count all the confirmed day lapses and get a bare minimum timeframe for them but I lack the autism to stay focused that long.

Why didn't ripping that pipe off of the building while tied to it tear his leg off?

Movie 3>Movie 4>Movie 6>the rest.

Conan movies has been progressively worsen over the years

Guide to doing what this user said: a.uguu.se/dt2LD4z3PxCG.xhtml

Avoid the trap of reading first and having a less than virgin experience with the anime adapation.

As I said, I'm not hating. It's just that I had a similar argument on a DBS thread once.
I guess it's a difference in perspective. There's a few things IMO a show must have, to even qualify as a story. (e.g. a beginning, middle and end)
I don't get the feeling that Detective Conan is ever gonna end, so it's just shit in my book.
And even if it had a satisfying conclusion, if I have to go over 900 episodes to get there, I'll pass on that.
My equation to smaller shows is relevant insofar as I believe you would have gotten more enjoyment out of them for the same exact amount of time wasted.
Unless unfocussed and dragged-out shit is what gives you the most enjoyment.
I just can't accept the notion that a focussed and meaningful story would require 900 episodes to conclude.

That seems like such a shallow conclusion to come to.
So I guess you feel the same way about One Piece?

remember when there wasnt any smartphones?

and you have to use telephone coin outside ?

look at those fat tv

Yes. I liked it in the beginning, but it felt like Oda ran out of ideas around the time where Chopper was introduced.

>That celluloid look
That still frame looks so insanely good.
I knew it had to be from an older movie. No way the TV series would've looked that good.

At least Gosho was able to reveal the Boss of the BO on his deathbed.