Why don't people like the Cell arc?

Why don't people like the Cell arc?

Lower stakes than its previous arc

Do you like the Cell arc?

Do you want me to like the Cell arc?

I'm guessing it's because of the plotholes, but I have no idea why people are holding that against dragon ball of all show.

I don't care either way, I just wanted to know if that's why you made the thread or not.

Cell more like inCell lmao

I'm too scared to say.

Baseline test for good taste

All of Namek > 23rd Tournament > King Piccolo > Android/Cell until perfection > 22nd Tournament > Saiyans > Baba > Buu > Red Ribbon Army > Cell Games > 21st Tournament > Beginning

That's weird as hell but alright.

It's just namek babbies hating it

It's just the Cell Games people hate.

This. Everything up to Perfect cell was great, and it gave moments for the secondary characters to shine.

Absolute ABSOLUTE shit taste

interlinked

Too serious. Even the Freeza arc had some lighthearted moments with the Ginyu Force. It was the last arc that had the humans in the spotlight, and even then they were sidelined early on, save for Tenshinhan getting a moment with Cell.

Cell literally only getting stronger thanks to everyone's retardation.

They had to handicap Goku and make Vegeta dumber to make Cell threatening.

>only loses because he inherited their retardation through their cells
poetry

>people bitching about Vegeta letting Cell become perfect

When will people realize that Vegeta didn't give two shits about fighting to protect the Earth? He was literally only doing this because he wanted to test himself and fight a strong foe. Him allowing Cell to become perfect makes sense with his character, as well as half the things people accuse the characters of being idiots for.

Temporal lines it's so fucking unrealistic that is stupid.

Growing up means realizing that Raditz was the best part of DBZ and the fighting and animation just goes downhill after he dies.
That's the best fight in the whole series.

Because Dr. Gero was a great, unsettling villain concept and they threw replaced him. Twice.

Cell gave me nightmares as a child.

Lots of bad character stuff, starting with the horrible character assassination on Yamcha by making him a cheater.

What we do know about him is that he is a romantic. It's his defining character trait in the first arc, one that creates the comedy: he is a ruthless and powerful bandit, but he is vain and desires love more than anything else. Bulma is depicted as domineering, flighty, lustful, and yet prone to irrational bouts of jealousy. Those are elements that are all present in the manga. We only see two fights between them depicted, neither of which Yamcha is present for. Whenever we see them together, they appear to get along just fine. But when they do fight, Bulma's is the only side of the story we get. And yet in both of those instances, the characters around her treat her as if she's overreacting. That's the whole joke!

Krillin had already been rewritten as the hopeless romantic, and Trunks needed a justification to exist, and Yamcha having been out of the limelight for all of the Freeza Arc made him an expendable target to dump on. But the Cell Arc is no stranger to characters doing really stupid things. Ironically, given the subject matter, Vegeta comes close to rivaling Yamcha in this arc as character assassination victim.

Because nothing is duller than sitting around a desert watching the same villain for a whole season

The Cell Arc is my favorite arc.

The whole thing is Goku ascended to something new, but he's dying. What?
Then someone from the future comes. What?
Granted a little weird, but there were androids, and then there was finding a molting creature walking around.

When he ate 17, that was scary and amazing. And he transformed.
Then he ate 18 and it was depressing, and he changed.

Then Gohan slaughtered him, but then Gohan got too cocky for some reason and it killed his father.

Cell is the best.

Lots of reasons...
-Mr. Satan
-lobotomizes Vegeta for the plot
-it goes on forever once we get Perfect Cell, very little variety for most of it (contrast that to all of Frieza's henchmen and the time we see him in his final form)
>most of the cast do nothing for the majority of it, so little happens they literally bring back Cell versions of the Saibamen

Honestly the 2nd half felt like such a huge misstep, Cell in his first form was actually spooky and the atmosphere was much better with all of the main characters being relevant. It went from engaging to this drawn out masturbatory nothing.

Cell is just a more generic Freeza. Every character acts like an idiot to raise the stakes. It has some of the coolest moments of DBZ, but is overall just really dumb.

Damn, I didn't know the Cell arc was so hated. I guess I should just stop holding it in a high regard.

If Goku was going to die anyway to get rid of the exploding Cell, why didn't he instant transmission him into the sun instead? Or inside of a black hole?

Can only teleport to someone with familiar ki.

>When will people realize that Vegeta didn't give two shits about fighting to protect the Earth? He was literally only doing this because he wanted to test himself and fight a strong foe. Him allowing Cell to become perfect makes sense with his character, as well as half the things people accuse the characters of being idiots for.
Did I imagine this or did Goku actually give Cell a Senzu bean to heal before he fought Gohan for the fate of the world?

There's no fight in that. If Goku merely wanted to win, he would have done what Bulma wanted and killed Gero before he unleashed the androids.

but he constantly uses it to teleport to spots without anyone there

This is the same guy who endangered everyone by letting Vegeta go after their first fight just so he could fight him again. Goku was never a saint.

Didn't he let Vegeta go because he's against killing?

>Didn't he let Vegeta go because he's against killing?

The fuck? Hell no. He killed numerous people when he was just a kid.

within cells interlinked

Pretty sure all the blows to the head have just damaged his already limited brain. That's why he gets dumber and dumber as the series goes on.

Gaijins
>Arc being too dragged
>Everything going on after he got his Perfect form

Nips
>T-too disturbing
>Not husbando material

>>Everything going on after he got his Perfect form

Man, I thought people loved the Cell Games? God damn, I guess it really did only appeal to kids.

The Cell games had some nice moments like IT kamehameha, Gohan acquiring SS2 and Vegeta going apeshit after his son dies. The stuff with Mr. Satan and the writing taking a dive really hurt it though.

idk the cell arc is my favorite arc of dbza so far

The arc was good until Krillin destroyed the remote, that didnt make sense at all

Akira could've drawn Vegeta knocking out Krillin and destroying the remote instead of HURR DURR MUH FALLEN IN LOVE

Biggest hurr durr there is that others such as Trunks, who couldn't give less crap for 18 were bothering to save 18 instead of killing her and saving themselves world of pain.
Also why didn't SHE blow HERSELF UP? Wasn't she going to that IN FIRST PLACE when Cell absorbed her bro? What happened with THAT!?

Everything about this arc was lot of hurr durr desu.

Of course not, he says out right, in plain words, to let him go so he can fight him again some day.

Anyone ship Cell and Goku?

Too much homo lust innuendo, Cell is a closet fag.

Cell started getting more boring with each new form. First form Cell was best, unable to properly track the Androids but still getting away from each encounter by using the techniques he stole from everyone. Semi-perfect was a weird form, and it was obvious that Toriyama wanted to move on from it rather quickly, as it doesn't really last long, but maybe he realized just how bizarre it looked, especially coming after Imperfect. Perfect is actually a bit boring since he feels very similar to Frieza, even down to wanting to blow up the Planet when he starts losing. There were also weird continuities such as "I can still be revived if the cells in my head are intact," when he got his top half blown off earlier in the Cell Games. We had seen Cell regenerate before, and it was easy to see why (Piccolo cells), but to have the explanation be botched a few chapters earlier only makes it ridiculous in retrospect. At least with Buu, it was made a rule right away that if a bit of him remains, he can comes back, which was why he was so hard to properly counter.

>dubfag

sasuga

18 AND 16 were teaming up with Piccolo and Ten when cell arrived, and Semi perfect cell told 18 that he was so fast that he could stop 18 from self destructing

I liked how mysterious it was
>Yay goku is back!
>And so is frieza holy shit!
>what the fuck who the hell is this swordsman
>"Two androids will come and you are all gonna die and you goku you will die in bed like a bitch"
>2 or 3 years of training after also yamcha being butthurt because bulma fucked vegeta
>Androids here we come
>2 androids appear, they are powerfull but nothing the z warriors cant handle
>fuck those are not the androids!
>2 OP androids come and push everyone shit in(three but 16 doesnt count)
>Trunks wants to go back in time to make sure he actually gives more usefull info to the z warriors and he discovers there is another time traveler
>it is a fucking insect that eats people and wants to eat and eventually eats the androids
>also this insect was being developed since early dragon ball

It was great

>Perfect is actually a bit boring since he feels very similar to Frieza
>Perfect is similar to Frieza
>Perfect is Frieza
>Perfect

He can only teleport by sensing Ki. When was this
?

Woah there user, don't get ahead of yourself.

-Started off by shitting on the best villain of the series
-Paired Vegeta with Bulma without rhyme or reason, while shitting even more on Yamcha in the process
-Plot progress is mostly due to people making really dumb decisions
-Cell Games literally stops all the build-up and momentum that the plot gained dead in its tracks
-The tournament is not even a tournament, just Cell vs Gohan, so basically a lot of pages used to set-up the whole scenario were for nothing (except introducing Mr. Satan I guess, could've been done at a better time though)
-Cell comes back thanks to plot-hole
-SS2 was the most unimaginative transformation before SSG

I liked it

It pretty much is filler. DB was supposed to end after Frieza and it shows.

I hate everything from Semi-perfect Cell onwards.

>Paired Vegeta with Bulma without rhyme or reason
There was a reason for that.

Everything after Freiza is not canon anyway.

Don't change your opinion based on a bunch of whiny shit-posting contrarians.

tommorow
>Why don't people like the Freiza arc?

It would be better if it wasn't for how samey Namek looked.

>Perfect is actually a bit boring since he feels very similar to Frieza

I don't get this complaint. He doesn't even have similar goals to Freeza, nor does he have Freeza's politely sadistic personality. If anything, Cell is more like a typical Saiyan.

>-Cell Games literally stops all the build-up and momentum that the plot gained dead in its tracks

How?

this and this.
All of story is huge filler after it. Sometimes it can be truly enjoyable one but it is only drag for money grab. Up to this date, story keeps going on by over-hyping "new guys" by shitting on old ones that "new guys" are ironically copy of or are "borrowing" aspects that made them good villains in first place.

As for entire Android filler case:
>Oh look it is Frieza for filler this time eh?
>Least now they're money grabbing by bringing actual guy instead of trying to sell movie starring second-rated Frieza who is "cooler" version
>Oh nvm, he dead, killed by this Lavender haired swordsman from fuuuture with no effort whatsoever. With his daddy too. That was so epik!!
>Lavender Stu is kid of Bulma and... Vegeta? Damn Yamcha got cucked big time.
>Plot is gonna be androids since Terminator just landed in Japan huh? Well that can't be that bad since movie is good and...
>...oh nvm, this is gonna be so retarded. Manlet got hots for sexbot and went retarded because of it. Vegeta is doing his JOB like always. Our protagonist is absent because plot revolves around him having heart attack.
>Here comes very creepy fucker by name of Cell that absorbs people and can copy moves of our "heroes". Actually I like this one. It is better then movie trying to sell me second-rated Frieza as new "original" character. Cell is actually...
>...oh nvm again, as he goes more "perfect" he gets more Frieza until he gets his perfect form that is exactly like if Frieza and Maximillion Pegasus had a baby.
>There is even this thing "Cell Games" which also looks like something that came from Yu-Gi-Oh!
>If you think that is crappy wait till you find WHO you get with this. Certain afro that is offensive even to Yamcha.
>Also everyone gets even more fucking retarded as episode goes by the way.

For note: I actually liked Cell and I found Cell Saga to be more enjoyable "filler" on list to others that followed and still follow. Like entire Super.

I mean, it's a post-apocalyptic world with only 100 inhabitants left. Not much to work with.

Holy fucking shit the whole post stinks of burrito.

Better question Why are people who like cell arc?

Gohan vs Perfect Cell is overrated as fuck. I liked when Goku fought Perfect Cell because the fight was superior to Gohan's.

>"Cell Games"
>looks like something that came from Yu-Gi-Oh!

So can we all agree that the Cell Games is the worst section of the DB/Z manga?

just posting in this thread to say that Piccolo is the best and strongest character and Namekians are the most powerful race

Why is the Cell Games the worst section of DBZ?

In order to save planet one must participate in the game with goal of beating (big bad) to save world.
It does look like plot from Yu-Gi-Oh! desu.

I envy you if that is what was worst for you to watch.

Because it's worse than any other section?

>watch

Manga master race, pleb.

The Cell arc is honestly my favorite arc, but I think that's just because it has my 2 favorite characters. Future Trunks and SS2 Gohan are awesome, and I like Cell's design.

Might as well say you swallow whole dog turds off the street.

It's my favorite arc.

But you count it with the androids arc. Like from when future trunks gets to earth to when he leaves.

That was something the dub changed. Probably because they realized what a raging psychopath the alleged hero is.

You know what's really sad as that even kid Goku would put people's safety first and foremost

No, goku just wanted to fight him again.

>Cell
>machine created to do evil with no say in the matter
>killed and forgotten
>Kid Buu
>literally nothing left of him except pure evil
>guys let's revive him and he can be nice
>in addition to everyone being okay with Mr. Buu around despite all the shit he did
Does it bother anyone else that Cell didn't get any sort of redemption? The androids were just as bad, even 16 who existed specifically to kill Goku, and yet they were completely redeemed. Even Frieza is pulling this shit now.
I kind of feel like if Goku had been alive when they beat Cell, Cell would've gotten to become a friend.

I think what bugged me the most about Cell was just how, Terran, he was. We just battled a twisted overlord whose tyrannical grip reached over entire galaxies and what you follow up with is some robots and EARTH scientist made? An earth scientist working for an army that Goku slaughtered as an kid no less. Im sorry that doesn't gel.

We could have explored even further reaches, explored Freeza's race with characters like King Cold and Cooler vying for control of the formerly conquered territories. have Goku and the gang really forced to think bigger than a tournament as the entire universe is in chaos.

And instead we get a gay cicada and a tournament. It's not just a massive step back scale wise it's just a massive let down on all accounts.

I'm a huge Cell fan, but I do agree that it was really disappointing how fast King Cold and Frieza got swept back under the rug.

>Does it bother anyone else that Cell didn't get any sort of redemption?
Might as well go with Raditz or Nappa with question "Why Vegeta got chance but not them?".

Krillin got retarded for 18. Since she got waifu for manlet flag, obviously got redeem her family as well with that manlet redemption ticket.
In a manner of speaking,like 18 Buu got his redemption ticket because of Mr.Satan bromance more or less.
Frieza hasn't been redeemed & hopefully will never. He is last iconic villain left & I prefer of him to stay that way.
Cell could have gotten his shining moment ticket if Frieza wasn't more iconic then him. More iconic > more money = Frieza picked over Cell. And considering how show is treating said Frieza or anyone other then Goku & Vegeta... it might be better that Cell is left dead.

More pointless then Yamcha, Tien and Krillin combined.

Yeah but they could have been something big, rather than just a lame way to set up Trunks being strong.

would it have been better if they got absorbed by cell to set up him being strong?

Could have and I feel as if they originally should have but
>>Plot is gonna be androids since Terminator just landed in Japan huh?
what this guy said is most likely what was the case. Entire android/cell arc dropped shortly the movie aired in Japan and entire fucking so called arc does look like borrowed plot from Terminator.

Even in the original Ocean dub, Goku says he spared Vegeta because he "admires his super-strength"

They're referring to how it pointless was having these two in first place.
How it feels like originally Toriyama had something in mind in with these two but his dick was too hard from Terminator so he decided to scrap his original plan and go with androids instead.

I liked Cell Saga, it gave us a lot of iconic moments from beginning to end, completes the character arc of Gohan (just as Saiyan/Namek completes Goku's), and it is the only time Gohan is allowed to be a badass ever again in his life aside for five minutes late Buu Saga before he jobs tremendously.

People say DBZ was meant to end with Freiza, I disagree - it was meant to end with Cell Saga. Goku accepted his mortality, Vegeta embraced fighting for something besides himself, Gohan let go of his fears, Picollo finally resolved his wierd relationship with Kami, Tien and Krillin did something useful once or twice, and Yamcha reminded us he still existed for some reason. Everything is tied up so neatly by the end they had to yank out a tremendous ass pull in order to justify continuing later with the Buu saga, and even then it's pretty clear Toriyama had no idea what he was doing and was making up shit as he went along with so many raised and then immediately dropped narrative threads (Vegetas evil again but now he isn't, the Supreme Kai's, Babidi in general, etc) the whole thing feels like the fucking Garlic Jr. Returns arc in how much filler shit it is.

DBZ ended with Cell Saga, fight me.

His imperfect form was genuinely pretty creepy and had some cool horror like moments. I've always had a soft spot for that form, I think I actually prefer it over the perfect.

Cell Saga was necessary because NORIOH WAKAMOTO

It would have been better if Cell was never a thing at all and they just went full Ice aliens

I personally don't like it because Vegeta was a total badass but he didn't end up banging 18.