What are dreams?

>What are dreams?
>Dreams?
>Yes, dreams.
>I don't understand.
>I don't understand what reality is.
>You can't bridge the gap between your own truth and the reality of others.
>I don't know where to find happiness.
>So you only find happiness in your dreams.
>Then this is not reality, this world where no one exists.
>No, it's only a dream.
>Then I don't exist here either.
>This convenient fabrication is your attempt to change reality.
>Is that wrong?
>You were using fantasy to escape reality.
>Why can't I dream that I'm alone?
>This is not a dream.
>That's a substitute for reality.
>So, where is my dream?
>It is a continuation of reality.
>But where is my reality?
>It is at the end of your dream.
This is where Shinji rejects the Instrumentality, right? But what was Anno trying to tell the viewer here?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/index.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

American night time isn’t the time for serious questions.

What a hack series.

I USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE

This, right here, is exactly why i hate evangelion and anno. To understand it better you need to be aware of 90s zeitgeist in japan. How people living at that time felt towards society that was slowly falling apart. People were withdrawing themselves from the society and finding comfort in the escapist fantasies like otaku media. They denied reality. They were afraid of reality where the uncertainty of leading a good life had increased drastically from before. So at the same time even anno was experiencing depression and created this sekaikei work to reach those people who had withdrawn themselves. Sekaikei works is all about breaking down the societies and imagined communities to see how people would face the world without them. So this scene here is saying that drowning yourself in escapist media and withdrawing from the society is just as lonely and absurd as being in a conglomerate soup of people where there's no meaning for identity and self.

therefore you hate him?

if you'd like an actual descriptin of reality you can read physics and neurology papers

or you can stfu and enjoy the movie

What’s bad about that, though?

>Sekaikei
Man, I haven't heard that in a while

There's nothing actually wrong with the series itself. It's no doubt a masterpiece. But as a NEET who has withdrawn himself from the society. It felt like anno was looking down at me and making fun of me for being afraid of world outside and forming human connections. It's ending message can be optimistic but i literally don't care about whatever he's preaching to me. I'll probably be like this till i die and i don't need someone look down upon my way of living life

I always see people misunderstanding sekaikei by reading tvtropes or some other sites like that. It's better people don't use the term that they don't understand properly. So yeah i am glad it's not used as often in Western spaces

was this the most kino part of the whole film

society is decaying.

no one is singling you out but steps need to be taken to correct it

there are literally people getting suicide bombed in europe rn and getting beheaded

your problems are miniscule compared to that

>people elsewhere are starving! You don’t have real problems.
Yeah, whatever.

How is anyone supposed to get it without pausing a few times to think about it?

I don't care about people starving, but africa and arabia are turning our countries into death filled hellholes

the fact you're fat and ugly is nothing

you think anno is a jerk for telling you that life isnt perfect?

imagine a sand nigger cutting your head off you piece of shit

I rarely ever leave my house, that will likely never happen.

You dont know what you are missing. I suggest you to move to a different country.

What is he missing out?

Then overthrow your government and lead a new crusade to kick out the sand niggers out of europe. Europe is fucked that’s what you get for choosing that bulldog looking women.

Still depression is depression, I suggest user to get a paycholgist, get a GF or something. Change of countrie, get a hobby like warhammers in which you may interact with more people.

Come on man we all know if you don't get murdered the rampant disease and parasites would do you in. You're just dieing a couple years early is all.

Get a gym
Membership and stop being a looser. If you accept that shit and dislike what Anno is trying to tell you then Go and die alone. Or make it glorious and do it by fucking them sand niggera and immigrants on europe or some leftists.

Love at first sight, thrill of adventure, seeing the world and the essence of existance. Go and meet God.

>what am I missing out?
>literally just proceeds do write down nothing instead of giving decent examples

He's talking about the duality that makes up reality.
Good cant exist with out bad
Light and dark
Love and hate etc etc.
When you dream you are in bliss, but It's not real, therefore it is not real happiness, but it is a simulation of happiness that you experienced in real life or at least and echo. So with out reality you can't dream, with out pain you can't feel happiness, with out the unbalanced ypu can never feel balanced.
It's all just two sides of the same coin. When shinji took away reality, he replaced it with a dream. But a dream cant compliment a dream just echo off of what remains.
So in the end life with out pain is no life at all. It is something stagnant.

Whats with the obvious reddit spacing. Feels like bait to me.

You will never truly be happy in your life.

I go to the gym every second day, yet I still don’t have ANY kind of social skills nor do I know how to make friends. I’m too shy to hit a bar and talk to people.

And that's not a bad thing

Get high or drunk

Not even him but you're being pretentious. For some people an active life is worthless.

Did you hurt your head?

There is no such thing as true happiness, since true happiness is with out sadness and you can't have happiness with out being sad.
So take in the fact its thanks to your depression that you can find happiness in the smallest of things compared to those who get what they want and desire more.

To be fair you have to be a really depressed neet to enjoy Evangelion

>You're a looser if you're not living the way of life I think is good
everytime

I can truly smile for minutes at small events.

>But what was Anno trying to tell the viewer here?
Get in the fucking robot Shinji.

At that point there was no need to get in the robot anymore.

all in due time. none of this could ever have happened if incel anons got properly beat as children. beating isnt 100% out of malice. it forces you to become an adult, then your children don't get raped by niggers. nor do mine

any man that doesnt have the strength to live is a threat. offers to become strong are a mercy, even if painful

anyone remotely intelligent has been depressed nd can enjoy it

No, pretentious is being told that happiness exists and going "WELL NO IM MISERABLE SO IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT SOMEONE ELSE ISNT AS MISERABLE AS ME!"

The guy was told something as simple as "travel sometime" and he responds "Being miserable isn't a bad thing". Maybe if you're not willing to give a modicum of effort you deserve to be miserable.

Pretty sure those people just want to be left alone.

What the actual fuck is this grammar?
What the fuck is happening in this thread?

Can all you fucking subhumans fuck back off to or something?

>society is decaying

>talks about europe and beheadings

You're a fucking idiot who reads too much alt-right news.

Capitalism is failing, it is unsustainable, we are facing ecological disasters, and climate change will accelerate the refugee and food crisis. Th

no such thing these days

as a kid all I everasked for had been to be left alone and not get beat up so I could read, go to college, then get a job

the planet is cruel and niggers and their collaborators are going to take everything from us. our countries, our safety, our jobs, our free speech, our money and livelihoods

there is no such thing. you fight or die. they can choose to fight, or they can be forced to fight as the niggers try to kill us. they still fight or die.

capitalism is a problem. too bad for your retarded argument, nestle corp isnt beheading priests in the church by my house, and neither are they driving trucks into city markets, our making free speech illegal, or raping 10k underage girls in single cities

muslims are

Since you're using the English dub, I suggest finding the audio commentary track from those dudes.

In it, I think Asuka's VA says that the scene has many different interpretations, and it's the personal one that matters.

So like, many otaku will clearly interpret that as meanng it's about them, because otaku are uncomfortable with how they live their lives based around consumption and commodities. But other people will believe it's about how people become disconnected from one another and don't respect people's autonomy. Others will say it's about how you should live in the now and on what you want rather than chasing a dream of a better future. It's all about who you are as a person.

I'm a communist so I think it's about how consumerism can never define who you are. Capitalism believes it can sell you the idea that it can commodify the entire human experience. And Anno is telling us that this is only alienating us from ourserlves and from other people.

kek

capitalism is merely the ability for people to set prices on the goods they sell you idiot

why does capitalism have the word capital in it if it's about setting prices?

rtfm you retard

capital is the voluntary price set for any given thing you can buy

if you buy farmland at a voluntary price, that is capital

if you hire a man, you have obtained labor capital at a voluntary price

be less retarded

I know things are stressful when you're 18, but you can always go back to your Sup Forums safe space.

This is the most retarded things I've seen all day.

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/index.htm

>actually browsed Marxist

Please permaban anyone who mentions economics or politics from the board