Haven't seen this yet. Is it worth a watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tg05HvHDPyk
compare.bakashots.me/compare.php?setId=2692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

try it and find out fucking faggot

Watch the 2013 OVA, if you like it you'll like the movie and the TV series

Basically this Try it out, and prepare to yay.

the movie is definitely worth a watch
watch the series if you liked the movie

AOTY 2017.

The show is shit. Movie is alright

I liked the OVA and thought the show was shit.

Yeah, but only if you look this doujin afterwards.

here's the thing. OVAs are definitely a lot better overall, and indeed in a lot of ways TV falls short. many anons will consider this to mean that you should skip TV. but honestly there's a pretty strong chance that if you like the OVAs, you'll fall in love with LWA and won't be able to just ignore TV and will watch TV LWA anyway. even though I agree OVAs were mostly better, I still like that TV expands upon the magic world in its own way, even if it bungles up a bunch of things in the process. basically first watch OVAs then decide if you want more LWA in your life or not.

Watch the OVAs, then watch the TV series expecting a few disappointing episodes and a subpar cour 2 plot.

its pretty good

So good they might as well canonize it.

are you fucking joking?
>OVA is a dungeon crawl featuring the trio working together to fight against monsters
>hints at lore surrounding witch hunts, contrast of dark fantasy and cute magical girl shit
>so popular it funds the anime

>anime drops all these themes almost immediately
>Lotte and Sucy basically vanish from relevancy
>drop dark fantasy for modern technology and fucking soccer game feelings
>the biggest monsters in the show are autistic cakes
>they literally have a fucking bait and switch episode mirroring the OVA where the dragons are robots, the conflict is that an investor is fucking repossessing their shit, and the resolution is Diana knowing how to read the contract while her educators have been bankrupting the school for no fucking reason

I'm sure people like the OVA and the show, but if you really like the OVA looking for more of the same prepare to be disappointed if not slightly insulted by a fat jew dragon.

It actually ruined the OVA for me.

Not really but I would still not recommend the series while the OVA is great. I would show it to anybody.

Title?

XXX by Bokujoukun.

Diana is the only one worth watching the rest are shit.

shario what are you even doing

>Nani the fuck
>...wot
You are such a treat.

Stronk Chariot is stronk. Love the definition you give her.

>not b=witch

Спасибо

youtu.be/Tg05HvHDPyk

Depends if you still like Harry Potter or not.

>tfw Akko posting is dead for the foreseeable future

The OVA was godlike

Anything else is mediocre

why?

>tfw missed out on the Akko posting

It has great characterization and ideas to explore, but stumbles in direction a lot. If you're looking for entertainment as a consumer, you probably won't like it. If you appreciate the writing and soul creators put into their works you have a good chance of falling in love with it.

That is a terrible suggestion, the show and OVA couldn't be any more different products.

There was a pretty good thread of it about a week ago.

This user makes about 85% valid points that shouldn't be dismissed, or taken lightly, but the TV show is still good, fun to watch, and it's still two seasons of "cute girls doing fun magical things". Also, all peeves aside, You can watch the movie and the OVA, or the TV series in any order that you like. Like, watch Season 1 first, then watch the OVA and the movie separately. It doesn't matter because they're separate unrelated stories, and if you liked any of them, you will like the others. Also, the "fat jew dragon" episode is actually pretty funny when you finally find out what "Smaug" has been up to these days

I loved every moment of this show. Mine as well

Watch 2013 Ova, skip Enchanted parade, and then watch episodes 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20.

Anons like this are retarded, but each part of the work has a different tone.

Here's the breakdown:
>OVA1: Madcap action fantasy, feels like a subdued Dead Leaves.
>OVA2: Light fantasy, character focused, establishes magical/mundane world lore.
>TV Cour 1: SoL in a magic school, characterizations are different. Episodic until the end of the cour.
>TV Cour 2: Allegory for animation industry, drama. Entirely character focused, story shifts to Akko Social Links, Angsty Cakes, and magical/mundane politics plots. Last episode resolves OVA style.

Why are you asking Sup Forums of all places?

I believe it's good enough. Granted, it's nothing mind-blowing, but I was entertained by it.

>skipping a better explanation for the shiny rod and characters intros
you done goofed

It's fantastic. Genuinely one if the most fun show ever made.

I'll never understand this pseudo elitist meme some of you shitposters are trying to force, the movie is great from almost any point of view but the ova is a completely forgettable prototype, it's just well animated.

>the movie is great from almost any point of view
"Making Akko a likable character" being the exception.

>"Making Akko a likable character" being the exception.

Akko is never likeable. It's one of the problems with all of the Witch Academedia media.

Movie's stuck uncomfortable between having too much flab to match the conciseness of the OVA, but still has too one-dimensional characters to match the writing level of the TV.

I liked her fine in the original OVA and the TV series.
It's just Enchanted Parade that characterizes her as a total cunt.

The show is comfy.
But the second season drops some of the comfy appeal to focus more on the overarching plot.

> Love the ova and TV, hate the movie
What's wrong with me?

Nothing, it's actually a fairly common opinion.

Here's a rare subject.

Akko with toned abs.

I know that she doesn't want to be exactly like Chariot, but I'm sure Akko wouldn't say no to body enhancing magic training.

Anime needed more Lotte, simple as that.

sauce

I watched the TV series first and loved it, so I liked the movie and thought the 1st OVA was not as good.
Basically the first OVA and the TV series are quite different from each other, though just personally, I'd recommend the TV series first.

Reverse image search isn't that hard

First half is episodic and fun with mostly strong episodes. Second half has an over-arching plot with a couple of good episodes but mostly shit. The OVA and movie are way better so watch them first.

Iv'e done that already but I just can't find anything
Don't know if I'm doing it incorrectly or I'm just too dumb

I don't agree with this at all.
I loved the OVA and looked forward to the anime, but was severely disappointed and dropped it rather quickly.

>mfw when I want to make a proper anniversary thread
>people just keep bumping this one
Please?

This is the only good post in this thread.

Understood

Only need to watch 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 23, 25.

Thanks!

How small is someones pacience need to be to get legitimately interested on a 25 anime and still not watch it fully

25 episode anime are 15 episodes too long.

It would make sense if it had thousends of episodes, heck even 30 is too much if the anime doesn't deliver, but is +10 eps too much for you?
really?

/thread

>the first OVA came out almost half a decade ago

>tfw retarded and thought EP was the first OVA and then later found out about the actual first OVA and watched out of order

Akko alone makes it worth.

you idiot, this anime was made by the creator of Evangelion, Hideo Miyasaki himself, how do you not know this??

Not really it's just about an autistic Jap who can't use magic

>Akko going down on her
Oh I do so love being catered to.

So, are you rewatching episode one today?

I might rewatch the 2013 OVA when I get home

might check out asenshi's blu ray subs, unless the blu ray releases didnt actually have any scenes redone in higher quality
does anyone know if this is the case? i know some animes redo shit on blu ray release but havent seen/heard for LWA

Doesn't seem like there's big changes.
compare.bakashots.me/compare.php?setId=2692

Constanze would never wear something so lewd.

Sadly Asenshi only has the first four volumes, hopefully they get all nine eventually

HANNAH IS BEST GIRL
FUCK LOTTE
HANNAH IS THE MOST PERFECT GIRL

Diana is awful and one of the main reasons the show is shit.

Diana is literally best girl and you should feel bad for having shit taste

How so? Explain yourself.

> the 1st OVA was not as good.
Are you kidding

She's a blatant Mary sue that eats up a shitload of time that could've been spent on better things, especially in the first half. Like, there are entire scenes where she just reads for an episode and that's it. It has nothing to do with the rest of the episode and could've been saved for later when they actually DO try to develop her character.

The same could be said for Croix as well, she was also awful and a total waste of time by the end of it all. Honestly, now that I think about it I probably hate her more, because at least Diana was obnoxious on her own. Croix just absolutely destroyed Chariot's character in the process.

>this is the intellectual level of your typical moefag

yeah there's a few weak episodes and it's debatable whether or not the second cour plot was warranted, but the second season still had some of the strongest episodes.

Just watch it bro, you'll likely yay all over the roof

You'll find a lot of the divide is whether or not the second season is shit or not. People seem to think one way or the other for some reason

>calling someone a moefag
>while discussing a show that practically runs on moeshit

No it isn't. It's a shonen story with female cast. You fucking wish it was moe so you could just watch cute girls doing cute things, because you have fuck all taste for writing and character development which TV LWA was all about.

>It's a shonen story with female cast.

Holy shit, you really are an idiot.

You're literally just complaining that any time a character that you don't like is on screen they're "wasting your time" because you'd rather be seeing another character instead. Just stare at a piece of fan art for 20 minutes if that's what you want from the show.

I wouldn't say shit, but it wasn't nearly as good.
Kinda mildly disappointing.

>character comes from an ancient family of witches founded by one of the nine old witches
>is consequently intelligent and knowledgeable in a lot of magic stuff
>still not the one chosen by the shining rod and got snaked by her own aunt
>"blatant Mary Sue"

akoooooooooooooooooo

Hey, that's like, my opinion man, though admittedly my taste can may or may not be shit.

Not to mention that in literally the first episode with her she almost fucks up big time by trying to kill all the Pappiliodya and Akko has to save the day.

I wonder who this might be.

You completely and utterly missed the point of Diana's character of you really think she's "le overpowered ichigo mary sue".
If you paid attention you would've noticed that the secret Cavendish library + the fact that she has knowledge unknown even to
the teachers implies that she's the first Cavendish to go to Luna Nova in a long time and the rest of her family was probably homeschooled with secret magic knowledge, which explains why she seems to be perfect when compared to other students but is still just average to her family. There was an episode made it explicit that Diana had no reason to go to Luna Nova other than her own wish to be like Chariot, and if you rewatch episode 2 you'll see that
>most of her "haxxor ultimate knowledge" just seems to be overpowered because she learned it from her family, being practically a secret to outsiders since other Cavendishes didn't go to Luna Nova to share their secrets
>having that "lost knowledge" she appears to be a prodigy and people expect her to help them with everything, which she gladly agrees to do
>even then, she still messed up and mistook those magical fairy butterfly things for something dangerous
>she was clearly embarrassed when the teachers thought she was the one that saved the tree instead of Akko
So in the end you just have a nice girl that tries her best to live up to astronomical expectations while also following her dream.
Now please, don't ever shit talk my waifu again or I'm going to stab you.