Kokkoku

You have to admit it at least has the best OP of the season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xLwGqQr7lrs
youtube.com/watch?v=xjm1lHFdpyI
youtube.com/watch?v=NmiD4rT1SiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this goiong to be another disaster like Wizard Barristers? We have not had a good trainwreck in a while.

This anime is actually good though.

Kokkoku's OP and ED are amazingly stylish and colorful and seem to be intended for a totally different show.

Seems to be a very good show from this first episode.

This is the studio's first TV series, I'd say it's easily better than the vast majority of other current anime.

Picked the fuck up

COMING IN
COMING OUT

I wish Umetsu was directing it though

Where all the series description changed, because this is not what I expected at all.
When I downloaded I expected:
"Juri Yukawa lives with her NEET father and brother, her retired grandfather, her sister (a single mother) and her young nephew.", but I got "Juri Yukawa lives with her NEET father and brother, her retired grandfather who can fucking stop time, her sister (a single mother) and her young nephew.".

Now all the descriptions online are pretty accurate.

>This is the studio's first TV series, I'd say it's easily better than the vast majority of other current anime.
New studios coming out with unexpected series', and other exiting anime coming out.
2018 is a good year for my animu.

Isn't the studio made up of remnants of Manglobe? 90% sure I remember reading that somewhere. It would make a lot more sense.

More like cock

the only thing they have in common is the chara designer

It's shit.

Yeah, it's basically Manglobe, so it's only a new studio on paper.

>black underwear
Muh dick

First ep was pretty interesting
The only fags that are saying it's garbage are the ones who will be exactly like 30+ year old NEET in the show that still lives with their parents plays video games all day
They are afraid of the truth

Absolutely. Show looks like dogshit though.
youtu.be/xLwGqQr7lrs

Wait for the proper Pop Team Epic OP before saying this.

This is the best thing about the show so far, although the concept seems interesting so I'll keep watching.

I think they overdid it with superpowers straight away, what with time stopping, teleportation, summoning creepy monsters and all. It wouldn't seem out of place if this was a shounen series, but this is trying to look a bit more realistic/seinen and then it just goes samflam in your face.

Supernatural stuff is not limited to shounen.

It was alright for a rip off of Shugo Chara Pucchi Puchi.

It's good

I don't have anything about supernatural stuff obviously, it's what I came for aside from Umetsu's designs and ED, what I mean is that it just throws at you too much stuff at once. Like, the grandpa teleportation stuff was just totally random. I'm sure there's a good explanation for that down the road, but it felt rushed.

>summoning creepy monsters
I know it looks like, but that is not a superpower. Juri does have a power but it's not summoning monsters.

the first episode was rocky but interesting. seemed like a lot of moments that were supposed to be important were "just kind of there". Them finding the brother all beaten and not even reacting to it. the phone call about the kidnapping was also weird. like no build up to anything. the guys who could move despite time stop just kinda. . . walked in? seems like a pretty neat reveal. as in a "you aren't the only ones" type thing. There isn't any build up or tension. things just happen.

as for my predictions. The thirty minute time limit was obviously a plan to get the grandpa to the location by the baddies. I'm not sure what they want. the stone maybe? but they can already stop time themselves if they're there so Idunno. the girl has some kind of ability to summon a dark souls boss when she gets pissed? I'm betting it has something to do with the people who gramps mentioned wanting to live in the "Stasis" maybe they became some fucked up elder gods like the thing who possessed the girl at the start.

You're half-right with both your predictions. They want the stone, because they only have a secondary one that activates when the first one does, they can't activate it independently. The people who go to live in the stasis do become the heralds, but they aren't summoned by MC, they appear whenever you try to harm a frozen person.

I started reading the manga, and was enjoying the fuck out of it, I've reached volume 4 and its nowhere to be found on the Internet. Fuck this shit, man.

Best OP of the season goes to MAN
MAN
MAN
MAN
MAN
MANHUMAN

Does the 'monster' react to violent intents?

Not really. Debiruman has great ost but opening isn't as good.

Yes, but only towards the frozen people.

Sorta. If someone has the intention to kill people who are frozen, those monster (called Haralds) appears and kill them.

Makes sense.

plot is retarded, but still the one of the best in the season full of moe cancer

Except Fhána's going to win again

>no cute mascot

I guess ojii-san is kind of cute though

It's actually one of the good anime this season.
Even the OP and ED are both good.

The OP is fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=xjm1lHFdpyI

It reminds me Gantz's OP for some reason.

Better quality version, from studio's channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=NmiD4rT1SiU

Danke.

I feel you bro.

nope shit OP shit ed shit anime

Ebin. :)

Pretty sure the monsters aren't being summoned by anyone in particular. Considering how they appear, I'd say they are more the "guardians" of the real world while it's stopped and their aim is to make anybody who tries to kill/injure someone whose time is stopped pay dearly for their action.

I wonder what it would take for threads to become alive.

The previous thread was fine, and the discussion ran its course. More people = more shitposting

Good to know. Didn't bother checking the archive.

>manga spoilers appearing already
I sure hope this doesn't become like HnK threads again.

Pretty good OP.Here is a composite of the Herald from the OP i made.

Nice. I want Herald and Juri figures.

Considering that the volumes 4 to 8 are nowhere to be found, I don't think there will be many spoilers in the future threads. The things that have been said here, like or , will be revealed in episode 2 or 3 at best.

Saved. Thanks, user.

The mystery surrounding all that stuff makes up a big part of the story

>Considering that the volumes 4 to 8 are nowhere to be found,
They are on MangaZip. Wish somebody would translate them.

Only the first three volumes were officially translated, then?

Yeah

It feels there's something off about the way the kidnapping portion was executed. Like it wasn't suspenseful enough. And all these characters and supernatural elements came out all at once. I was hoping for a more surreal and subdued tone, but it feels like a rather straightforward story. Curious to see where it'll go though. Like this shot a lot.

I feel like that kidnapping bit worked better in manga format. The anime did basically the same thing, but for whatever reason I didn't feel the same "Well, shit" from this moment.

I keep thinking that this should have been an hentai. Even the plot is fitting, given Umetsu's previous works.

In a few months I might have time to TL it. Hopefully, I can find some redrawers and cleaners since I suck at photoshop.

Thank you, user. God bless you.

>I can find some redrawers and cleaners since I suck at photoshop.
I can do that. I just need the TLs.

You can thank me when I finish it.

Cool! Do you participate in the scanlator threads? I was going to ask there for help with the PS shit.

Looking forward to it.

Something about Umetsu's design just makes me hard.

Yeah I can agree with that.