Devilman Crybaby

Not having read the source material, I'm amazed at how good this was and legitimately believe it's top runner for AOTS, maybe AOTY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA
youtube.com/watch?v=vLdn5jYQBNE
mangakakalot.com/chapter/neo_devilman/chapter_5
amazon.com/Devilman-Classic-Collection-Vol-1/dp/162692757X/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I enjoyed it, but the lighting was too dark in many scenes. I don't think it was all about setting the mood. I believe they were too cheap to hire good background painters, so 75% of the time the background is just pure black.

>Not having read the source material
Newfag
>I'm amazed at how good this was and legitimately believe it's top runner for AOTS, maybe AOTY.
Normalfag

Wew not to mention OP is a faggot thats already 3 strikes you are out

That's your problem

Fuck off and then read it to notice why it's bad

>uses normalfag meme image
>calls others normalfags

>hating on the AOTY
this is where you belong

>gets triggered by pte
you are the normalfag

>Newfag
96% of Sup Forums had not read Devilman before Crybaby came out, stop deluding yourself.

The first few eps were trash but I was fucking crying at the end!

having not read the source material i was amazed at how bad this was and legitimately believe it's one of the worst anime of the year if not ever made

yikes! sounds like you need to watch more anime.

>96% of Sup Forums had not read Devilman before
speak for yourself faggot don't group others with your ignorant ass.

>implying
Except I had read Devilman before this adaption came out, years ago even. I'm just telling you the truth of this board, and how manga illiterate it is.

>it's top runner for AOTS, maybe AOTY
Being "top runner" means nothing when only like half the shows for this season are out yet, let alone year.

He's right, though. Sup Forums is an anime board, I wouldn't be surprised if most posters had read

>PTE
>AOTY
okay kid

not even the one you wrote to but you sre wrong even before crybaby was announced some people use to make devilman threads.
especially when dm vs 009 was up in 2013
did you join last year?

so you just speaking out of your ass then?
just because its an anime dedicated board doesnt mean manga doesnt get discussed here how fucking new are you?

having read the source material i cant believe what a abhorrently bad adaptation this was

You guys are really overestimating it's relevancy before Crybaby.

now that's what I call edgy, edgier than Devilman

This guy knows budgets.

what happens in the devilman show that exists in the crybaby? seemed odd to put it in our face then leave it without saying anything

shut up retard there's a 70s anime go watch that

>people are overestimating an old time classic that defined the seinen genre
just because its a bit goofy to read nowadays doesn't mean it aint good and i dont have any major problem with crybaby but its impossible to call it aoty let alone aots.
its a good way to get people into the franchise and thats it. it just lacks too much depth.
crybaby ryo was awful.

Pretty sure he meant on Sup Forums

I've always thought that the original manga and every adaption I've read/watched is very underwhelming. The visuals story is always a clusterfuck that has some really interesting ideas but all of them have been adopted and expanded upon by other anime/manga that sometimes even have competent writing. The only thing I really liked about Crybaby is that the animation, art style and direction were actually well done and consistent for once.

>The visuals story
?

Why is it that reading the manga didn't fuck me up as bad as watching this?
Also I'm just tossing this out there, since heaven, hell and souls seem to exist I now believe that the New Earth at the end of the show is the same as there old one before dick tits fucked it up.
Now they all can live happy...yeah happy.

I saw it. It's under the term "wasted potential" like Sword Art Online and Fairy Tail.

It seems like the author thought up a good premise for the 80's but forgot to actually go into detail and just gave up. And that's shit given how the manga series has only 5 volumes total.

Look at some gateway manga and do a comparison:

Naruto didn't go to shit till the timeskip

Bleach didn't suffer from a bad arc till the Fake Karakura Town War

One Piece didn't get a bad arc till the whole Skypedia thing happened

So why does a manga like Devilman which only has 5 volumes go to absolute shit right around the halfway point? There is no excuse given how short the series is.

>even before crybaby was announced some people use to make devilman threads
>some people used to make threads for it, so that means that most of Sup Forums has read it
You are delusional.

Seinen is not a genre, Devilman isn't even seinen to begin with, and he wasn't talking about relevance in the sense you mean.

Pretty sure it's implied that God specifically keeps looping the events in an endless cycle. Satan's punishment for rebelling is to keep losing Akira forever.

It's because the motivations of both main characters flip at that point. That and the ultimate motivation for Ryo's actions doesn't make any sense.

I feel like Devilman Crybaby could've benefited so much from a couple more episodes, the endind felt so rushed and the action ended so quick, it was kinda of a letdown.

The best part about this anime was the remix of Devilman no Uta. Absolute jam. The rapping was pretty cool too

youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA

>the endind felt so rushed and the action ended so quick, it was kinda of a letdown.
At least we got a final battle of some sorts. In the manga there was a timeskip of Devilman dead without actually showing what happened in the Devilmen vs. Satan fight.

Thats even worse than the rushed final battle in Bleach. At least we SAW the final battle.

Reminds me of why Yusuke fought that one Demon King in the Underworld tournament, it cuts away to everyone at some bar, Yusuke shows up and says he lost.

Because that fight is fucking irrelevant for the story user

Devilman is theme-focused, not an action manga out to thrill you with gratuitous stuff. That's Violence Jack

Until we see Devilman crybaby Lady, I don't think it's impossible that the crybaby world resolved in the hopeful ending mentioned.

Been here since 09
/m/ discusses manga more often than Sup Forums despite manga being the inferior medium for giant robot battles compared to animation
Sup Forums was the less manga knowledgeable board when I got here and the gap has only widened

>Visuals
>Clusterfuck
Kinda the point nigga. Devilman was for Japanese hippie audience you know. 1972. Its like Doctor Strange in that respect.

>80s
>Compares early 70s manga to modern Isekai and modern post HnK/jojo/dbz battle shonen which is vastly different from Devilmans era of shonen
I can literally hear your voice coming from your rectum bro

I would have liked amon waking up

Wow, all those shitty examples you mentioned got bad waaaay before when you think they did. Seems like you have plebian tastes, you daft shitlicking faggot

My main issue was with a few animation moments and some key plot beats. I mean lets be honest, how the fuck can someone run like Akira in the second episode and think " That's completely normal"

nobody thought it was normal though? 2nd ep school scenes were pretty chaotic

Nobody seemed to question it, like all they thought was he got real fast. Hell it took them till what episode 8 or 9 for them to realize he was a demon and even then Ryo had to fucking spell it out to them as if they where retarded.

if you did you would understand why this was a mediocre adaptation when it could have actually been aoty.

Who in their right mind would even think about stuff like "he turned into a demon" in this day and age? People would default to simple-sounding explanations like doping, like Miki did. Or just not think too much about it, they aren't scientists. Not to mention this is an anime so they can exaggerate something like the way they run without the characters diegetically thinking it's SUPER inhuman.

Even after reading the manga episode 9 left me a broken man.

So, we getting Devilman Lady: Rapebaby and Violence Jack: Dogbaby after this?

2bh i thought how they incorporated elements of Devilman Lady was pretty cool. It did feel kind of rushed near the end, and could have benefited from 2-3 more episodes.

You're right, it's AOTC

>It took all of humanity and demons to be wiped out for Satan to finally realize what empathy and love are
I'm supossed to feel bad for him at the end?

shit's gonna happen all over again, so no

You should feel bad because they ended up making an ending that doesn't live up to the original scene

I'm not saying that people should have thought demon initially but at the very least been like, that's not normal or how the hell is this fucker able to run around the block in less than two seconds.

This is what sux about this adaptation. At least Satan realised the errors of his ways in the manga, here he's just slightly less autistic. What the fuck.

>tfw the only one patrician enough to realize Devilman is the best anime series since 2014

Not really because his plan to bring demons back and wipe out humanity doesn't work seeing as though demons can't exist unless there are humans present.

I interpreted it as him realizing the error, but it isn't explicitly verbalized to the audience. Not the soliloquy approach that the manga took.

Was that episode outsourced to Studio DEEN?

It's not even the same error in both versions though.

And that's why you think it's good at all. If you read original you'll realize how absolute shit Crybaby is. Gb2reddit you ironic weeaboo.

newfag

youtube.com/watch?v=vLdn5jYQBNE

If there's one chad version amongst all devilmen, it's the one from the 70s anime

>overprotective boyfriend who beats the shit out of anybody who tries to get close to Miki

He looks retarded

If the fight is irrelevant why build-up to it? It can't help to feel underwhelming when he dies in one hit from Satan's hyper beam

he'll probably beat your virgin ass too

Did they build up to it? I don't see it. It just goes from Miki death -> I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE -> and then they fought -> ending scene

why is that op so much better than crybaby's

>In the manga there was a timeskip of Devilman dead without actually showing what happened in the Devilmen vs. Satan fight.
What the fuck is this then, faggot?

Because the 70s was an era for chads, and their anime openings reflected that.

Something other than the original manga?

>In the end I became Devilman Soybaby

That's from the Devilman manga.

Yea, they didn't focus as much on the conflict with God.

My favorite part of the new series is the naked girls

They even made a god-like remix of the OP and still didn't use it except for some random 10 seconds here and there.

Bunch of fucking retards

That part where you can see Miki's pubes was hotter than any other fanservice in years

He only realised that killing Akira was bad he was his only family and now he's totally alone, not that killing every other human was bad in any way. He fucking hated Miki.

I certainly havent but I started after watching Crybaby

Crybaby OP is visual and music-wise shit.

I actually thought the part where Akira did his best Shinji impersonation was the best part. Points for both range and quantity.

a

I wish my nuts were so powerful as to reach the ceiling to be honest

From a cooked-up reedition, presumably. The original manga has none of that crap If you can't recognize that this art is from WAY later in Nagai's career than 1973 then you're hopeless

Not from the original.Akira swears to fight Ryo, a page later he's standing with his army, then we see him dead next to Satan. No fight.

I can't believe how bad the source material was and how much of a fucking hack Go Nagai is.

Also Neo Devilman Vol.1 chapter 5 again detailing the fight between Devilman and Satan. At this point it just becomes cliche shounen shit.

mangakakalot.com/chapter/neo_devilman/chapter_5

kill yourself pedrocuck

Yeah it's from the deluxe edition, the version everyone is gonna get in English

Shin Devilman incorporated.

>the version everyone is gonna get in English
That's so relevant

>the version everyone is gonna get in English
Devilman is getting an english release?

>the world got fucked upside down because Satan was jealous
Fuck this tranny. It needs to off itself.

>this is what Crybaby does to people's interpretation of Devilman
a mistake i say

About damn time
amazon.com/Devilman-Classic-Collection-Vol-1/dp/162692757X/

Nice

I read the source material and realised that sourcefags were wrong the whole time
You shits are filthy philistines