Violet Evergarden

1 Day left

This is a show that will change Sup Forums forever. It will captivate the shitposter and make them reflect on their pathetic lives. Touch the deepest strings of their tiny souls and resolve their boiled up hatred and frustrations.

This show will be a Violet, writing a letter expressing the thoughs they cant express of all the haters and trolls. The first step to resolving their grievances.

They are blinded, possessed, they hands tremble so that they cant type the words they really want to say, instead spewing insults, baits and gibberish.

But Violet, the Auto Memories Doll, will be there to do it in their stead, writing a letter of their soul, giving them a way out.

The first words of the letter will be
"Mom, i am sorry."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=goIpqOxdhhI
youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU
youtube.com/watch?v=-rrrOCor-Eg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CyX6Kf31QDU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0
blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/10/21/violet-evergarden-episodes-1-2-prescreen-impressions/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgeznlm6jU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That spacing is really nice

Oh Dear, How So Sweet

>assuming it's a qwerty typewriter

Knowing Kyoani and their lack of experience in speculah anime, I wouldn't doubt that's the case, very lazy though.

There is not much to speculate about VEG, it just adds the authentic details to the world.

The only real mystery is Violet`s origin, but anime will not tell you it, since novels still did not - just giving a few hints and possibilities. So about the only speculation worthy arc is the cultist Utopia isle.

Is this from the LN? If this is the subject matter I'm toning down my expectations. This shits been done to death with robot characters.

There are three main speculative areas in VEG storytelling
1 - The whole deal with the Goddesses. Rose, Violet, Garnet Spear, Lux etc. and Violet and Lux being possible avatars (albeit Violet is of Garnet Spear despite her naming).
2 - Ancient civilization archeological research, but its barely relevant.

you realize you're hurting the show by trying to hype it up so much, right?

Nah, it is from PV and excerpt from wikipedia litterally. Though if traced hinting to origin of one of the main character`s name - Gilbert.

Also, Violet is not a robot. Whatever she is is unknown. The most hinted so far being avatar of Goddess of War, blessed with talent of murder and warfare but not having humane experiences and feelings.

kyoanifags don't care as long as they get attention

Well she's not really a robot, just an autists with PTSD as far as I know but yeah those muh AI has feelings too themes have been done to death

If you are hurt by genuine praise of the show, then let it be. Nothing will be lost, the only loosing side will be you. I just love the novel and eagerly await the adaptation, its not my task to make you or anyone else like it - throwing pearls in the dirt. Those with a taste will recognize its shine.

People have been memeing about her being a saber face but she's actually literally Altera. Please no.

>Anime PVs look inferior to the novel CM counterparts
>OP is trash
>Went for the generic kyoani sameface design instead of the novel's
>Plot is nothing special based on the synopsis posted.

How worried are you about this show not meeting any expectations and fading into irrelevance by the third week? Regardless of how it does it will be saved by Netflix but I'd feel bad for Kyoani if their magnum opus actually gets beaten by a literal flash meme.

>This is a show that will change Sup Forums forever.
Pop Team Epic already aired.

>Defeated by Kemono Friend in 2017
>Defeated by Pop Team Epic in 2018
Poor kyoanifag.

As much people meme about her being saber, the fun thing is she IS a Servant. Not in a fate meaning though, but her existence is pretty much defined by servitude to her Lord. She has no other self defining purpose nor even threats herself as a human. Thus the premise being pretty much that her Lord "died", she lost her arms in process and she wake up in hospital unable to understand how to live the further life. So the people try to integrate her, giving her job and opportunity to learn - while she herself just chases Gilbert`s eyes, finding no reason for her existence and only learning about how different she is from humans and severity of her sins.

In the end, when Gilbert turns out alive and she mets him again - she once again abandons everything she gained for servitude, and they part once again since Gilbert wants her to become humane person that can genuinuly return her love, while she despite everything still is a tool, a weapon just wanting to be useful to him.

PTE hype is already dead and Takagi-san despite being worst quality wise production of the season is already outperforming it in meme aspect.

violet evergarden
more like
violent memer garden

PTE had over 10 threads reach bump limit just a couple of hours after the game aired and a bunch more for a while, That's almost Kill la Kill levels of shitposting, if it goes on like this for the next episode I don't think any other anime this year will outmeme it. Takagi san is barely on it's third thread since the subs were released.

>after the game aired
Thanks for revealing where you are from. Not that anyone doubted it.

Playing 4D chess here, just like PTE.

>>OP is trash
Oricon Top 10 soon
youtube.com/watch?v=goIpqOxdhhI

nobody will watch it

>delayed
RIP

This is not a Fate/Extra thread. The first 3 episodes of VEG were done months ago and already shown in cinemas.

I'm starting to think it's just somebody pretending to be autistic to sabotage the show

I dont think "sceptics" are pretending. They genuinely are retarded.

We're taking you with us Kyoshits

You`ll get KyoAni`d

>not filtering anything VEG/Kyoani related once it airs

There is an easier way. Just return to Sup Forums

Just one day left. 3 years of waiting for this moment.

Best Mecha show of the season.

Why do you insist on making VEG fans looks so obnoxious?

What obnoxious are KyoAni haters insisting on shitting up every VEG thread.

You guys promised me this would be better than Madoka.

Just about anything is better than Madoka. This is better then fried bread.

Whatever makes you feel better but a promise is a promise. This show better not suck after all the hype.

If your typical madokafan expectations are: yuri, shit writing, QUALITY and grimderp "tweests" you`ll be disappointed. Violet is English Patient of Anime, not the MTV movie.

You're the problem as well, you're not any different to them. In fact you're the one starting a thread by baiting and shitposting. Do you actually expect replies to be any different? People like you have already ruined threads just as much as haters.

People are going to talk shit if you make awful OPs like this though, it's almost as though you want to bait people into replying... Hmmmm, really makes you think.

Maybe you should actually watch the show user. You look kinda dumb.

Am I the only one who thinks the character designs are very uninspiring and bland?

That's almost every fucking anime though.
This main character is just Fate's saber but with a mechanical arm.

Sure about that? It seems like PTE is still doing well in pre-order sales and discussion over there.

How much time remaining before it gets released on Netflix japan?

It is ironic to see some people actually in all serious belive that PTE will be popular success and sell well. It is as if its the first time 5ch trolls.

Netflix release should be simultaneous worldwide at 11th January. Not sure the exact time of the day.

It will air on japanese TV channels day earlier though, on 10th.

Violet's eyes are too big for a story that it's supposed to be serious and less more. Wish they had gone with something like this instead.

>***,*86位/***,*77位 (***,332 pt) [*,**9予約] 2018/01/31 ポプテピピック vol.1(Blu-ray)
>Only Idolish 7 is higher than it
But it will? Considering how high it is and how rare collapses from that high of a rank are, it's likely that at the very least it will be one of the season's top sellers.
>inb4 Stalker

VEG artstyle is big part of its appeal, and the fact that they could transfer much of it to anime without sacraficing too much of detail is great achivement. Akiko Takase designs are great.

You know perfectly well, it means absolutely fucking nothing. Aside from meme shows never selling and 2ch(now 5ch) being notorious for preorder trolling - the position of the show at begining of season when nothing else is listed and meager point count means absolutely nothing.

It`ll do well even if manages to sell 3k BDs, which is highly doubtful.

Is it? I don't see what's the big deal about those designs, look pretty generic to me.

>having expectations in the first place
Don't fall for the meme

Whats special about them is KyoAni able to transmit them into anime without diminishing quality by a lot. Which pretty much no other studio adapting detailed shoujoish or simple well drawn manga/LN illustartion designs is capable of. They all simplify them infinitely reducing to basic easy shapes, only using proper art at stills or key scenes.

Not him but the only confirmed case of preorder trolling was with Kokoro Connect, every other claim about 2ch preorder trolling were just angry autists on stalker threads like or yourself. You're right on it not mattering right now since not every show this season is up for preorders yet, stalker starts mattering 3 weeks in.

The effort is incomparable.

I'm going to laugh if it ends up being so boring nobody's talking about it anymore by episode 5

Just like Hibike and Hyouka, right?

I'm going to marathon it, so I couldn't care less if the board explodes while I'm waiting for it to finish airing.

That's a lot of loss of quality

KyoAni even made irrelevant side characters with zero screentime top season beuties.

The level of English in this thread is astounding.
Most shitposters are ESL who can't write to save their lives. Learn English and lurk more.
Also, stop being so fucking obnoxious. Nobody's falling for your falseflagging.

Thats a storyboard concept for scene where she wakes up in hospital

Can we please stop the falseflagging praise and wait for the episode to air before praising/criticizing it?

I really am looking forward to see those mechanical hands in motion. Will they get some highlight in the first episode?

Probably. KyoAni rearranged story so that Violet`s past and circumstances are brought forward to first episodes (as opposed being later in novel or placed randomly as flashbacks).

So her getting used to mechanical hands should be in first episode, unless they dedicate it entirely to events happening before she lost hands - which is doubtful, probably mix the two.

Also note, that her hands are not just mechaniccal wrists - it goes all the way to shoulders.

The "false flaggers" you speak about are people pretending to be "sceptics" while in reality they simply nor care, nor know anything about the show and reasons why its hyped nor the novel story. Why should those who genuinely like it, submit to the fags that are unrelated to the topic?

Everyone focusing entirely on Violet, being clueless that the best part of VEG are stories focused on others

Novel Volume 3 released in Spring, so future VEG movie pretty much confirmed.

– The background music is composed by Evan Call. How were your conversations with him?

I heard a fun critique from sound director Yota Tsuruoka-san, who approached me and said “Evan’s music is mischievous, you know.” (laughs) Working side by side has been enjoyable. He joined the project by the time of the second novel commercial. I was introduced to him via the music producer, and then he composed an image theme to test our unison with. This title communicates more with imagery rather than it does with concrete phrases, but the music that he freely composed perfectly matched the feel of this series.

– What portions embody that the most?

It’s exceedingly difficult to say. He incorporated sounds like the clicking of a typewriter or the sound a brush makes when it touches paper into the music majestically, as if to say he’d never needed to compose a trial piece to begin with. And not only it fit, it was so pleasant to listen to. I sensed the artistic energy and personal sense he has. That’s something I noticed again during the episode 1 recording. We would be dealing with something orthodox, and then there would come a piece with ethic music mixed in, like a Celtic theme for example. While we were recording, there was this weirdly nice feeling of uneasiness, as if things were just a slightly off-kilter. I think that suited the world of Violet perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU

One thing EVERYONE who watched first episodes praises is music. The soundtrack is confirmed to be great. Which is not surprising given the composer being Evan Call. Lantis expects to make big buck with its ost.

youtube.com/watch?v=-rrrOCor-Eg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CyX6Kf31QDU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0

As much i dislike Sakugaboru, the is the most detailed review of prescreening aside the japanese ones

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/10/21/violet-evergarden-episodes-1-2-prescreen-impressions/

>Also note, that her hands are not just mechaniccal wrists - it goes all the way to shoulders.
Even better.

What's wrong with sakugabooru blog? Misinformation?

Evan Call is apparently working with Elements Garden, and he's also responsible for the music of the upcoming Hakumei to Mikochi.
Compared to that hack Kevin Perkins, he actually does some good stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgeznlm6jU

So this is gonna air in 2 hours in japan right? When will the raws be out?

Looks like this is the show I watch and enjoy by myself and completely ignore the Sup Forums threads for.

He is not my favorite KyoAni composer by far, that would be Shinkichi Mistsumune or Akito Matsuda, but he seems fine enought. He stands out above others KyoAni hired so far in aspect of making combat/thrill/groovy music.

>I thought that American fans would have a much more lively range of emotions when compared to the Japanese fans, all like “Oh my God!”. But in the end, they were very quietly focusing on the screen. Instead, what took me by surprise were some scenes when they would clap and laugh
And they say americans clapping is a meme

You'd be right to do so. Threads are going to be hell on earth.

>Netflix simulcast confirmed
Haters BTFO

>classicsonicfan7

Ishidate is fun.

– TRUE, who went on-stage with you, performed the opening song “Sincerely” for the very first time. Did you enjoy listening to it?

At the time I was on the wing of the stage watching her sing, but it was definitely wonderful. I thought it was more spectacular than when I listened to the song on a music player. It was really encouraging, in the sense that it made me feel TRUE’s strong emotions towards this story, and those pushed me to work even harder. My heart tensed up, and afterwards I out of nowhere told her that I would do my very best.

Though while I was listening, I also kept thinking “man, I should draw the storyboards for the opening soon…” (laughs)

as far the screening of first 3 episodes in December 10 the OP and ED still were not shown. Did he finish them by now?

Confirmed chronological order
>The novels are structured in a very episodic format, where each story independently depicts Violet writing on behalf of a client. But little by little, her past and her new path are revealed to the reader. Anime and novels are different mediums. As such, it would be troublesome to use the same presentation techniques in the animated adaptation that were used in its original written form. And so we reconstructed the story into a TV series. I had many discussions with the series composer/scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida-san about restructuring it into a chronological tale focused around Violet, in order to create an entertaining serial tale. The anime depicts Violet, beginning on her child-like innocent stage, and then following her as she gradually understands something important while meeting others. I think the viewers will feel like they’re watching over their own daughters as they experience Violet’s growth.

Episode 1 - Chapter 6
Episode 2 - Chapter 7
Episode 3 - Chapter 8
Episode 4 - Chapter 9
Episode 5 - Chapter 1 (Part 1 || Part 2)
Episode 6 - Chapter 2
Episode 7 - Chapter 3
Episode 8 - Chapter 4
Episode 9 - Chapter 10
Episode 10 - Chapter 5
Episode 11 - Chapter 11
Episode 12 - Chapter 12
Episode 13 - Chapter 13

– Now you must be working on episode 2 and beyond. How is that going?

It’s…complicated. (bitter smile) Episode 1 features Violet at an initial state, so it was relatively easy to depict during this stage 0 of sorts. After this though, she changes little by little while she meets people. There’s no tangible element that marks her gradual change, so how do you convey those slight details to the audience…. Furthermore, multiple episodes are being made simultaneously, so going forward is truly challenging; I’ll be checking over episode 6 and then a problem with episode 3 arises. Those of us working on it would like a stats screen of Violet’s current growth stages, like gentleness level 5 and empathy level 4. (laughs) The production as a whole still gives the feeling of not being quite ready.

Confirmes for madoka killer

>be KyoAni
>only ever adapt shitty LNs and VNs or trashy manga
>they sell like crazy
>keep adapting same shittty stuff
>sales are slumping
>hmmm, maybe we can make up a shitty award, and start giving the award to stuff we're going to adapt
>then, we can even get Netflix to fund it
>mongoloid fans eat it up because it has high framerates and instagram filters

Violet Evergarden is shit, like every other shitty LN, and you're all falling for a fucking ruse.

KyoAni's visuals are well polished turds, in the vein of Shinkai/Pixar films, where an abundance of movement and detail is meant to substitute for the lack of aesthetic sensibility and compositional depth.

The rabid KyoAni fags will defend this show regardless of quality, and praise it as a complete masterpiece. Pic related. They're the kind of people that go and give a show a 10/10 and write 8 paragraph MAL reviews after seeing the PV, and their opinion literally COULD NOT CHANGE.
It's the same reason Kimi no Normalfag is so high there.
These people are impressed by gobs of money and arbitrary production budgets, not visuals.

You're even more dedicated in your shitposting than the most passionate fans. Props to you.

Someone this dedicated has to secretly love Kyoani deep inside his heart, he's just in his tsun phase. Just give him time.

I will laugh tomorrow when this show turns out to be violently mediocre.

It is so mediocre it reached the perfect golden standard of mediocrity, resulting in birth of mainstream classic timeless masterpiece worshiped world wide.

Regardless of hate, everyone who actually had chance to watch it confirms that at absolute very least it will be the best crafted TV show as no other - be it animation or direction. Even if you`ll hate it, you`ll still watch it.