Pre-2000's Anime Thread

What have you been watching Sup Forums?
I just got to the first Miyazaki episode of Lupin Part 2.
I honestly think it was better than Cagliostro.
Animation was amazing all the way through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D7vyGbUcK2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's one of the best TV episodes of all time.

I watched Akira a pretty long time ago and decided to read the manga. It's crazy how different it is, or at least how different it seems to be to me. There are some parts that I remember from the movie when I get to them in the manga but it's basically like a whole new thing for me.

I'm really loving Space Adventure Cobra so far

I've been making some good progress on some old anime lately after I made it my new years resolution to watch at least 4 episodes of anime every day.

I was finally able to watch the last two episodes of Giant Robo. It didn't really improve, at least not noticeably. 4/10, it's really boring.

I finally finished Brain Powerd today, after struggling with it for a long time. It was a chore to watch, and some episodes were so boring it was painful. 3/10, but may deserve a 4.

Also seen Infinite Ryvius, and I really liked it a lot. I often don't like when characters are bad to each other, but Ryvius really made it work. Also a great mood in the series, I loved seeing the parts of regular life. And Neya is awesome! :3 8/10

Also been making some great progress on Cowboy Bebop, been years since I started it. It remains pretty boring, but I've been getting more into it, and the mushroom episode was pretty good. I expect to finish it in the next few days, possibly as soon as tomorrow. It's pretty comfortable to watch on the bed. Currently on track for a 5/10, possibly a 6.

Also seen three episodes of Attack No. 1 and one of Kodocha, but nothing noteable.

What a depressing post.

Surely I am not the only one here enjoying Ganba?

Watching Lupin III myself. Halfway through part 1 and I finally started getting into it, only for "Ghibli" to take over and I'm not liking it as much anymore.
Which makes me wonder how the the other parts compare to the first. Did they settle with Takahata's and Miyazaki's style or is it more mature?
Also, did Seijun Suzuki work on part two or three? Cannot believe he worked on a 150 episodes anime and his movie came out during part three. How involved was he anyway? Anywhere to read up on that?

>is it more mature?
It's more mature than Ganba, faggot.

Glad someone else picked it up. We would have probably gotten further along with it if I was better at time management. How far along are they now?

↑ ← ↑

Up to episode 95 in my Ranma rewatch then I'm not sure what I will watch. There are some episodes in here I had actually never seen or don't remember at all. Kinda burned out on rewatching shows now that I've done 3 100-160 episode series in 3 months. I might just take a break on backlog and start watching airing stuff again.

Episode six as of yesterday.
Also watched Treasure Island a while back. Love that ending.

Reminder.

I just watched armitage III, wicked city, cyber city, demon city, neo tokyo, record of lodoss war, and gundam 08th ms team recently

This is why Japan's birth rate is so low.

because women are spider monsters with mouth puccis?

Halfway through Outlaw Star and Karekano
I didn't like Outlaw Star at first, but around the space race I started enjoying it.
Karekano is on the fast track to becoming an all-time favorite.

>Outlaw Star

Aisha Clan-Clan was my first anime waifu...Fuck, man.

>first waifu
dumb slut

fake and gay

youtube.com/watch?v=D7vyGbUcK2k

36:33

this looks awesome what is it?

>blind

Just finished downloading MAICO 2010 yesterday or the day before, so that's now on the watch-list. Currently watching Kare Kano, Kodocha, and just watched the first episode of Ghost Sweeper Mikami.
Also recently finished the Ranma OVAs. Final one was a great ending to the series. Horror-y, romantic, a little comedy in there... It's great.

Been trying to download the original Patlabor OVAs and Animation Runner Kuromi for about ninety fucking years, but no one's seeding.

20 episodes in Turn a Gundam, pretty good so far. Also, watching 1 ep of You Are Under Arrest and Patlabor when i I arrive at my house after work is comfy as fuck.

>Patlabor OVAs
there are a fuck ton of seeds
>Animation Runner Kuromi
both movies on irc

>watching 1 ep of You Are Under Arrest and Patlabor when i I arrive at my house after work is comfy as fuck

I have to be the last person on earth to do so, but I'm finally getting around to finishing evangelion. 10/10 breddy gud.

You'd be surprised how many newfags shit up this board now that won't watch it.