Old > New

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qayq4esPWEg&t=212s
youtube.com/watch?v=su-PKUW_jf0
youtube.com/watch?v=ymWc_AxitpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and then, he died
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm quite enjoying Crybaby and it's also making me want to check out the original. Guess we'll see!

MY FATHER DIED

It's unfinished, so no.

The OVAs were amazing. The second had nude Miki and Ghibli animators.

The OVAs didn't adapt all the way through though.

What does doing drugs feel like?

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT

If we had three more OVAs this would've been a GOAT series. Why are we in the worst timeline?

SUCK ON THIS

I don't know about the others but weed just makes you laugh.
Unless you do a shit ton ( which i once did ) , in that case you feel like your gonna die.

bags of sand

youtube.com/watch?v=Qayq4esPWEg&t=212s

dumbfuck

weed- being 5 again
shrooms- things get wiggly fun psychadelic
LSD/Salvia - like going to fucking silent hill

I really hope they adapt Devilman lady next. I love this art style

I'd be all for it

How many normalfags are watching Crybaby because it's on Netflix?

its gonna cause a moral panic again.

none. normal fags just stare at the netflix menu, they dont actually watch anything

>40 years later, this is the remake.
I liked Crybaby but this is fucking embarrassing.
Yuasa lovers can choke on a dick.

I doubt anything in Devilman is as morally reprehensible as Netflix's normal programming.

Not true, they all put on a marathon of a popular show as background noise and go to bed/play on their phones so they don't actually know what happens but will say "I liked it" anyway.

yeah but its a cartoon and cartoons are for kids. think like a normie. some kid is gonna watch it and some soccer mom is gonna wlk in on Miko fingering herself making donky noises

I dropped crybaby the moment Ryo called Amon by name to possess Akira.
The animation looked like naruto's goofy looney toonish shots, the donuts steel characters and remade ones felt weak and lifeless compared to the original cast and Fudo looked like a capuchin monkey.
It's as if devilman was animated and directed by the dudes who make rick and morty.
It's kinda lame how they try to be overly dynamic and forceful to emulate Nagai's "I'm raping a boar in front of an infant while I write this" style and still fail to be as dark. Yuasa can't into contrast, he wasn't able to let Akira and Miki's near bucolic relationship simmer enough for it to be a shock that there are actual demons out there.

This is gonna be a dumb question for me ask, but why do they keep on changing seiyuus for Akira on nearly every Devilman installment?

If normies didn't throw a shitfit over that talking vagina cartoon, they're not gonna throw a shitfit at Devilman. At WORST I can see them pushing for more visible/gated age ratings.

you wanted a 60 year old man to voice him or something?

Yes.

Can't tell if copy and paste

MY FATHER DIED

Its sad that people on Sup Forums think the castlevania anime is good and even this embarrassment that will never come close to being as perfect as the original.

Castlevania isn't even an anime, it's made in fucking Texas and written by a Brit.

Everyone considers it one though

I don't understand what the point of making Ryo into a super hacker professor was.

What do you have againts Texas?

But that never happened

The same reason they decided to make alucard into a homosexual vampire from twilight that hisses.

Was Ryo the Satan all along in the original as well? For some reason I assumed he was possessed by Satan at the same time Akira was possessed by Amon.

>Super hacker professor
He was just a really renowned anthropologist.

Just passing by. I must say, yes user.
I'm glad there are still reasonable people around. The 80s knew how to do anime, and also seiyuu were superior.

At one point there was a real kid Ryo but he got SATAN'D real early, Akira only ever knew Satan/Ryo.

Yes, he just had lost his memory.

>Was Ryo the Satan all along in the original as well?
Yeah.

Let's post more memes!

>At one point there was a real kid Ryo but he got SATAN'D real early, Akira only ever knew Satan/Ryo.
I forgot, didn't Ryo inspire this guy right here?

Yeah.

>professor
Having your own youtube channel you call 'Professor Ryo's lab' doesn't make you into a professor.

Good concept but terrible image.

I assumed with lines like this that it was more than a self-proclaimed kind of thing.

Crybaby is a shitfest. Who on earth would believe a conspiratorial anthropologist 17yr old on youtube?

I saved it only for the novelty of it being the only picture of the two together I could find.

>Who on earth would believe a conspiratorial anthropologist 17yr old on youtube?
Well he had hard evidence and multiple witnesses

He was a genius. Prodigies exist.

Goddamn what a fucked up series. Weird going back seeing the the cute 70s artstyle juxtaposed along with extreme violence.

Alucard has been a homosexual vampire since 1997

People believe Alex Jones and Trump.

I may die saying the original manga handled it better.
It had Xenon of all things appearing in everyone's head claiming demon possessions and the apocalypse, making everyone ~aware~ of the truth. Later would Ryo reveal "the evidence", making that the final straw.

Yeah. But scientific renown exists in the real world. It doesn't matter how much of a genius you are... let's say he started after he left his childhood with Akira, that's like 6 years... with that short of an age there isn't much actual investigation and scientific achievements you can get. It's just so damn surreal.

Those aren't neither youtubers nor teenagers.

Tobacco makes you feel sluggish.

I find the new series too rushed. It would have been better if it was your standard 12/13 episode show.

Apart from flaws in pacing (especially episode 1, and the non-existant bridge between episode 6 and 7), I really don’t see why this is getting so much hate. From what I see on Sup Forums and /m/ it basically boils down to “it didn’t appeal to my specific tastes on how the overall story should have been told”. That’s normalfag-tier reasoning. I personally liked the trade of exposition and other details for emotional weight. The build up was fun as fuck and the climax in episode 9 and 10 hit like a truck. Absolute blast.

For myself and what I've also read, yes, most of hate comes from people beliving this would be the most faithful complete anime adaptation of the manga. I have mixed feelings, because I really liked it the moment I saw it, but then I also remembered how many parts of the original I loved and got rehashed or non-existent in this version... the "could've been"s are too much.

I never read the manga properly but I knew everything that happened in the end.

A lot of the fun from watching Crybaby for me was expecting to see if it was going to follow the manga or not.

Hmm, also, other people hating on crybaby are those tired of it appearing so much lately after the release. It isn't something everyone can like just like that.

Yeah that is true but they are hardly valid reasons. People are free to hate what they want and I shouldn’t be surprised but it comes off as really picky, petty and childish for lack of better words.

it feels like something else and the harder you try to control the something the more else you get
drugs is good

The superior soundtrack too.

youtube.com/watch?v=su-PKUW_jf0

youtube.com/watch?v=ymWc_AxitpY

You're writing off a badly paced first episode in a 10 episode series as being less of a bummer than it is. In a series like this where the first few moments of normality are the only ones you get before the protagonist changes forever, rushing things can (and did) lead to a complete loss of everything the original work stood for. Your reasons for liking it seem as normalfag as the reasons you criticized people on Sup Forums and /m/ for disliking it, which you also misread since not telling the story according to the original work is in no way similar to not appealing to one's personal taste.
Not liking something is picky and childish? By that logic everyone should consume and enjoy everything ever made lest they want to be likened to toddlers. Crybaby could have been a good adaptation but Yuasa tried to tell his own story with other people's work. It's writing is fanfiction.net tier for not being able to grasp Nagai's pacing, the animation does not justify some weird choices in gestual design, the sabbath in episode 1 being a good argument since they barely gave time enough for Akira to feel out of place there before shit started to go down. Scratch that, they barely gave time enough to even introduce Akira before becoming devilman, which is one of the most important underlying plot elements of the whole manga. Yuasa was as manchildish as Goro Miyazaki's direction of Gedo Senki, given they've both focused on style over substance of an adaptation.

Old soundtrack and new soundtrack are both top tier for different reasons.

Was that episode outsourced to DEEN?

I couldn't finish episode 1 so I don't know if it ever gets relevant but, what was the deal with professor Fikira? It seems like one of those changes made entirely to stroke the director's ego, did it add something to the plot?

They tried to make Ryo seem less human and more ominous by removing his father all together.

>By that logic everyone should consume and enjoy everything ever made lest they want to be likened to toddlers
But that's exactly how marketing and groupthink work.

I liked the manga the most, but I think the OVAs and Crybaby are both fun takes on the Devilman story.

I’m afraid you’re not allowed to like Crybaby as a self-respecting fan of Devilman.

Because he was an autistic super genius who was secretly an actual angel, this fits well enough

this but unironically
it's just not Devilman

Shortest answer is: no.

Je suis Devilman.

this is what every single normal person i know does
>stick a show on
>immediately looking at social media on phone
what fucking ever. like i even have the strength to give a shit anymore

I liked crybaby more, it felt more like a completed thing and all.

No. That OVA was shit. Don't praise shit because it's old. At the very least praise the manga.

Seiyuu were better.

are people retarded. it was directed by masaaki yuasa. do people still not know what to expect?

I can't even look at a picture of her without immediately hearing the cries.

I didn't hate it but it missed so many things, like empasizing how it was Akira's pure heart that let him conquer Amon, Ryo was also overall pretty butchered as a character.
I also hated how nearly all action scenes were so fucking dark I had no idea what was going on.

Someone post the whole compilation I lost ,please.

At first I hated the idea of Devilman being done by Yuasa, since I cant stand his art style. But now that I am actually watching Crybaby, I can see that if that shit was done by someone good like Madhouse, it would be way too graphic, even by anime standards (It would be on par, or more graphic than shit like Hellsing ultimate or Berserk movies). The cartoony and stylized artstyle goes well with all the sex, nudity and gore in crybaby.

>Don't praise shit because it's old.
But it had god-tier animation. That's praiseworthy enough.

Yeah, I agree. It covered the important parts, which are strong enough to hold the series up on their own, but they really could have used an extra few episodes.

what happens next?

Same with people who shit on the 90's JoJo OVA. Yeah it mangles the plot but holy shit does it look good.

Nothing.

I like all Go's concepts and ideas but it's a shame he never improved beyond 1960's level art.