Violet Evergarden

I thought you guys said it was going to be good. AOTY they said. What the hell?

Looks AOTY to me.

How was it?

>you guys
>they
it was mostly one dude

Or it could be a bunch of dudes, or maybe it's just two dudes in all the threads.

it was shit lmao

>lmao
Found the crossboarder.

still shit

Yes, your post is still shit.

I think the series is meant for the people who actually read the source material or at least what I feel for the episode 1.

There's nothing implicit in the laws of nature which says that stealing things is wrong, because the laws of nature don't have anything to do with morality. Neither the concept of 'theft' nor the concept of 'wrong' are innate to humans. They have to be taught. The key difference between this idea and Searle's Chinese Room thought experiment is that this idea allows the contents of the 'poster' to be altered by material from the 'IN' slot. Every human starts off with a blank poster, and over the years, it's filled with more and more rules for taking the 'input' of human social interaction and converting it into 'output' – your own participation in that social interaction. So, if we're talking about 'theft' being 'wrong', we have to think about it in terms of the 'input', the 'output', and the 'rules'.
Anyway, all of these 'rules' get used to process the 'input' and eventually the 'output' pops out – let's say, for instance, that you decided to take the banknote and return it to the guy who dropped it. In this case, the rule 'theft is wrong' won out over 'money is something to be acquired'. His idea was that every human is fundamentally just 'shuffling symbols' inside the 'box' – mindlessly accepting input and manipulating it according to arbitrary, abstract rules that we only have because 'culture' or 'civilisation' imparts them to us through meta-rules. Internally, there's no such thing as society, or even morality – just rules and meta-rules, which the vast majority of people go about their lives entirely unaware of.
It's not impossible for people to become aware that they exist inside a 'box'. In some cases, they even recognise the nature of rules and meta-rules. People whose process of ideation is no longer unconsciously governed by rules and meta-rules – these people are 'sociopaths'. sociopaths are those who are aware of the arbitrary nature of the rules that govern the nature and method of their human interactions

Violet is a sociopath

Violet was picked up by Hodgins and told that Gilbert ordered him to do so, all the while Violet repeatedly asks for Gilbert's location and wellbeing. Hodgins takes her to granny's house and tells her to treat her like her mother (grannys son died and Violet coldly told her she can't replace dead people) and just try to be happy, because that's what Gilbert wanted for her. As he left, Violet ran out in after him and told him she could still fight, that she doesn't have to be thrown out like that for her injuries, but Hodgins told her the war had already ended. She was then taken to where the Auto Memories Dolls work and was assigned to Benedict to follow his instructions. After changing clothes in front of him, she's given the task of organizing letters that have to be delivered. She did so without rest and finished early so Benedict told her she could try delivering them. He meant the next day but she autisticly went out to deliver them right after, and Hodgings found her in the streets. Later she was given the chance to watch an Auto Memories Doll in action (Cleavage-chan) and she admired how Cleavage-chan could tell that her client was in love. She was then like "wow, how did you do that" so she went and asked Hodgins to let her do the same job, because she wanted to understand what it means to be in love. He tells her that usually you gotta understand that shit before doing the job but ok. Violet then revealed that Gilbert's last order was to find love, cue the flashback to when he was dying and Violet's arms were hurt. She tried to carry him with her teeth but he said to stop, to run away, be happy, and find love.

I missed a couple scenes and there was some dialogue that I didn't understand but that was the overall plot of the episode.

>find love
He ordered her to live and told her he loved her.

Not him but sounds cute, will watch

The savior of anime came.

You are correct, its not AOTY. It is anime of the decade.

My bad

Didn't even see it myself and though I wanted it to succeed, I knew the amount of hype surrounding the anime would bring it crashing down.

Looks SHITTY to me

Subs when?

Was it autism?

Hype/hate on Sup Forums means nothing.

God I wish I were that doll

It is "Age 0", she litterally has mind of infant. She matures a lot as story goes.

CUTE

Except they moved shit around from the source material.

But we said this was gonna be AOTY.

They rearranged novel in chronological order as opposed to source, and added quite a few new stuff. It is handled pretty well so far.

>we
Just a bunch of kyoanus drones spamming threads.

And it is.

>Mind of an infant

>Kills fully grown men, can read and write

It's not age 0, is the generic autism chan archetype, some bitch who lacks basic social skills and is ignorant to a lot of common knowledge

Did you not bother checking my image for the context of my post?

>inb4 too many insult against Kyoani and mod deletes it again.

Did mods really just delete the thread full of people saying it was "meh"? There wasn't even any major shitposting going on in it.

>het shit

Disgusting

What did you expect?

Mods are fags.

We are a safespace now user, don't be rude.

Is it the only anime you saw this year?

I'm seeing at least three threads up, sounds like they just deleted additional ones so that they don't clog up the board.

That's sad, i missed the thread but i'm kind of surprised everyone is feeling the same, it's a 4-5/10 for me.

This is why TRIGGER fans should the one who become mod so he can mediate the war between SHAFT and Kyoani.

WHat's your aoty then?

now change your IP and reply to yourself about twenty times, that'll show those girllovers

>There wasn't even any major shitposting going on in it.
Don't you guys ever get tired of being told to fuck off?

die generalnorm

No, it is litterally what it is. Until the events in this episode she pretty much was just a tool of murder and war - mechanical and unhesitating. She is not human in first place and she never developed the capacity for anything but war - at which she is perfect and naturally blessed.

The episode is litteraly her "waking up" and she still is just a tool following her masters last order. The "infant" in here means despite all the murder, she is blank state and innocent as one - not that she is mentally handycapped: she is smart and later wise. She is not human though. It will take long to viewers to understand that simple fact, just as to characters in novel. Not once she though of herself as human being - she`s a tool.

Is she mimicking how she tried to carry Gilbert with her teeth?

No, that is not how it work now. It is recommended so by Hiroyuki to make the board looks lively and singular general type thread is prohibited.

Are you talking about the thread that autosaged?

>so that they don't clog up the board.
It was because it was mostly people saying it was disappointing, so the littl emod felt offended and had to delete it.

That was Madoka. We've been over this many times.

>We are a kusoanus shillspace now
FTFY

>murderer
>innocent

relax, she's just a girl with mild autism.

Huh? He made that announcement here, and I am never went to Sup Forums.

It only had about 100 posts and people were regularly posting before suddenly disappearing.

indecipherable posts are forbidden by global rule 3

>mfw I wasn't part of the hypetrain.
>mfw my expectations weren't set unreasonably high as a result.
>mfw I can enjoy a decent show for what it is.
Some people never learn.

No, she is avatar of the Goddess of war Garnet Spear, born out of blood and murder on the battlefields of not-WW1

You can explain your post first, sire.

>decent show
Well you posted flop dragon so your standards aren't that high I suppose.

Is it because she's not used to metal arms?

yes

Any subs for [Ohys-Raws] Violet Evergarden - 01 (MX 1280x720 x264 AAC)?

This, unironically

Yeah. And I'm having a moderate amount of fun right now.
Isn't that the point?

But the main thread on page 10 is full of people saying it was disappointing.

I want Violet-chan to be my bodyguard.

I wish that dragon would flop on my face

This is an English language website, and as a result, anyone who is unable to communicate in English is required to remain on Sup Forums.

None of you memers believed me when I said the South pole show was gonna be AOTS and Veg and Franx were gonna disappoint
Look where we are now

Well you can read my post and replied it.

Franx is not out yet though, kyoani disappointed us today but trigger could actually make a good first episode very soon so who knows.

Looks like museum WW1 panorama

>expecting compelling material from a LN

>IT'S SHIT
>OVERHYPED
Top kek it's almost like shows are judged based on opinions and you fags can say whatever you want. I already knew Violet will be shitposted to death, stay classy Sup Forums, stay classy.

First episode was amazing actually. Now where is the yuri?

>Women beating up men in war
Preemptively dropped for bullshit.

>Courageous German Woman Defeats Eternal Anglos, Coloured, 1918.

tfw you're now more excited for darling in the chromosomes and the matrix: fate edition

>KyoAni fags are yuri fags
sasuga

This was pretty good, I'm liking the setting and music.

Is that Not!WW1? Looks like shit.

Yes? Do you know KyoAni's shit nearly always has at least some yuri subtext?

Not until second half of season where Violet saves Lux from rape isle cultists.

I'm waiting for island deity girl and some anime originals most probably.

show is so boring shitposters have absolutely no recourse but cut-and-paste yurisamefagging, as expected

It was glorious we can now laugh at Kyoanus drones and that alone makes the anime watchable.

KyoAni loves adding blatant yuribait to their shows without ever giving any payoff and yet people fall for it all the time.

She's a combat robot.

>1 anonymous poster is all KyoAni fags

How new are you?

>Kyoani
>Making good anime
Kyoani only makes massproduced garbage that normie weeaboos will eat up

More German propaganda, I see.

OK tell me what's expert weeboos then?

How about Free?

What if they get to her first? I don't think it would change much of the story and Kyoani likes yuri.

They're basically girls user.

1st Impressions
picture : A+
music : A+
cast : B
story : D

The usual Kyo-ani.