Why is Kyoani the most hated show on Sup Forums right now?

Why is Kyoani the most hated show on Sup Forums right now?
Violet Evergarden just have like the best episode this season and fags already went out full force shitposting and they can't even be creative about it. What did Kyoani even did to you guys except for making some quality comfy anime recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2018/winter/violet-evergarden/.126279
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's nothing implicit in the laws of nature which says that stealing things is wrong, because the laws of nature don't have anything to do with morality. Neither the concept of 'theft' nor the concept of 'wrong' are innate to humans. They have to be taught. The key difference between this idea and Searle's Chinese Room thought experiment is that this idea allows the contents of the 'poster' to be altered by material from the 'IN' slot. Every human starts off with a blank poster, and over the years, it's filled with more and more rules for taking the 'input' of human social interaction and converting it into 'output' – your own participation in that social interaction. So, if we're talking about 'theft' being 'wrong', we have to think about it in terms of the 'input', the 'output', and the 'rules'.
Anyway, all of these 'rules' get used to process the 'input' and eventually the 'output' pops out – let's say, for instance, that you decided to take the banknote and return it to the guy who dropped it. In this case, the rule 'theft is wrong' won out over 'money is something to be acquired'. His idea was that every human is fundamentally just 'shuffling symbols' inside the 'box' – mindlessly accepting input and manipulating it according to arbitrary, abstract rules that we only have because 'culture' or 'civilisation' imparts them to us through meta-rules. Internally, there's no such thing as society, or even morality – just rules and meta-rules, which the vast majority of people go about their lives entirely unaware of.
It's not impossible for people to become aware that they exist inside a 'box'. In some cases, they even recognise the nature of rules and meta-rules. People whose process of ideation is no longer unconsciously governed by rules and meta-rules – these people are 'sociopaths'. sociopaths are those who are aware of the arbitrary nature of the rules that govern the nature and method of their human interactions

Violet is a sociopath.

Dunno, but I already like VEG.

Just stop

10/10, would lubricate her engine

dumb gibberish poster gb2 Sup Forums

ITT: we misunderstand moral philosophy

>People whose process of ideation is no longer unconsciously governed by rules and meta-rules – these people are 'sociopaths'. sociopaths are those who are aware of the arbitrary nature of the rules that govern the nature and method of their human interactions
So you can't be aware of the rules but still choose to act within them? Realizing how society is established on meta-rules suddenly means that one begins to act without regard to them? Sounds pretty fucking edgy to me, bro.

>Why is Kyoani the most hated show on Sup Forums right now?
The real reason is it isn't actually hated, it's just being shitposted to death. Most people haven't actually seen the first episode or watched it without subs and found it boring because they didn't understand a thing. People saw threads and they just felt like shitting them up, it's that simple. For some reason they feel the need to ruin the experience for other people instead of just not watching the show if it's not their cup of tea.

the sameface is uncanny

>Dude KyoAni is like the greatest anime studio ever
>*shits out a SoL about gay guys swimming*
>look at these beautiful visuals and animations
>*blurs the everliving shit of each frame and apply 10 different instagram lens*
>no other studio can hold the candle
>*releases romcom with highschoolers n°182385*
>anime is saved yet again
KyoAnus fags brought this onto themselves.

I like KyoAni but this show is getting way too hyped. The animation in the PV like a year ago was disgustingly high frame rate, and Ishidate has only ever directed Kyoukai no Kanata which was one of KyoAni's biggest disappointments. Maid Dragon was a pleasant surprise but I doubt they'll surprise me back to back.

The only protagonist from a good show featured here is Tamako
and maybe Tohru

>characters only from shows that aired after 2012
really makes me think

Why are people bumping and sincerely responding to this slab of unreadable gibberish?

It wasn’t bad but the first episode didn’t live up to the show’s hype.

It should make you think about 2012 being the year they started adapting their own IPs, and them making those events about their IPs.

i just watched it without subs, & oh my god the hand draw cars and mechanical animation look amazing. The show also seems really interesting with the flashbacks and stuff i literally can't wait for subs. The only people that hate this show are fucking retards.

Why are you acting like people outright hated it and are having a shitstorm? The shitposting has been mild as fuck for a kyoani series so far. Its been several hours and the first thread is only just now reaching bump limit.

Kyoani put out clean crisp anime out time after time and people can't accept how consistent they are so they get shitposted.

>No source
>I can speak Japanese guys

>different character designers
>completely different eyes
>HAHA GUYS SAMEFACE
Based IRC crew, always in every thread. Oh wait, I forgot. You make these threads.

Oh I watched it and I did understand it. Doesn't mean there aren't tons of idiots that just want to shit up threads. I'm sure there are good and bad reactions but if you filter out all the shitposters you definitely won't feel like it's the most hated show on Sup Forums, like OP did.

KyoAni profits from their shows, no matter how bad the story is (Maid Dragon and Tamako come to mind).
And since Ghibli is dead, KyoAni has the best animation within the medium and are very consistent with it.

The fact that user's favorite show of the season will never look this good or have such a core fanbase kills him inside.

>flat characterisation
It's the first episode, do you throw away a book because it doesn't explain every ink of all characters on page 1?

>except for making some quality comfy anime recently?
Too much comfy anime is the reason. Like, can't they do something else with all that animation?
I mean, to put some faces talking you don't need all that animation, something more basic is enough. If the shows had great scenes, if it was good at least on a visual level it would probably more well recieved, but no, insted you have this scene of this character talking and her hair moves all the time what's the point of that?

Look at all those comfy shows with girls we have every season, they are quite well recieved. Like the one with the two soldiers. Lately we also had cg shows with a good reception, like Kemono friends or Houseki no kuni despite having almost no budget.
Why people hates them so much, well because they are doing exacyly the same than everyone else with the difference that they are expending way too much money to do the same.
IF you are going to do those superproductions and least put on the table something actually impressive like Devilman.

Fantastic. I haven't seen the episode yet but I don't want to fall behind on yet another KyoAni show. I can't find it in me to finish amagi and phantom sales.

VEG has soft gore in it though.

Based Netflix with their Netflix original shows saving anime and destroying Crunchyroll.

It shocks me that Citrus is more entertaining than this.

keyword soft. Light novel is more descriptive.

I am talking about characterisation from a mise-en-scene/directorial perspective (stuff like acting, delivery of dialogue, the way character interactions are constructed in scenes) not a writing one. Just like KnK had extremely flat, superficial character acting, so does VEG. It's phoned it.

>It's boring
>Character is flat
>Tone/mood are inconsistent
>Mediocre plot
>Forced animation
>It's a LN adaptation
>Kyoani has always been shit

Anymore guys, I'm gonna make a list and post them every threads to save your time.

Low IQ plebs can't handle the fact that KyoAni is the BEST studio since the inception of anime.
Violet Evergarden will be a classic that fans of Japanese animation and cinema will still hail as a masterpiece a century from now.
I can't help but laugh at the shitposters, SHAFT-fanboys and madhouse plebs who still refuse to admit how WRONG they are. As if their pathetic little korean-tier studios could ever match KyoAni's artistic vision and budgetary breadth.
But oh well, I suppose not everyone can be born as intelligent as us.

Every directorial problem KnK had is also exhibited by VEG, meaning inconsistent mood/tone, jarring transitions, and flat characterisation.

And? The story isn't about gore, it's there just to fuck up Violet's little brain.

>Kobayashi not there instead of dumb doragon

>Why is Kyoani the most hated show
>show

Have you actually watched or are you doing your best parrot impression right now?

>If I list all the grievances people have with the episode, then they don't count anymore

KyoAni's peak was 2010-2012 because Ishihara and Yamada both produced their best films and series. Plus Tamkemoto made Hyouka which I liked. Since then they've been lacking.

Yes. I watched it a while ago, when the TokyoMX rip came out.

This, it will be a classic on par with those of Ghibli studios, the only think haters can do is crying in a corner, pretending it's shit by shitposting daily on a anonymous image board.

>Sub not even out
>Only a watchable stream of first ep
>The show is shit, all kyoani show is shit, I will show them with buzzwords.

*studio

>more moeshit
Maybe they can change the formula after all this time. It's getting stale

If true, then you're in the minority on that.

Shitflix is slow, subs when?

>2 people repeating buzzwords in every threads
>very relevant guys

did you watch this with English subs?

名前:名無しさん投稿日:2018年01月11日

作画 S
内容 C

not gonna happen as long as people defend this sorta stuff

I don't need subs. And I didn't watch the livestream. I downloaded the rip from nyaa.

>yaraonに閲覧している
My my, teenagers flock to teenagers I see.

S3 when?

animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2018/winter/violet-evergarden/.126279

>it's not like anyone can understand what's happening through context or actual knowledge of Japanese when the image isn't in 1080p! Everyone is just sh-shitposting!

Success breeds resentment.

Reminder that ANN said Guilty Crown's first episode was exceptional too

Most of the episode doesn't look anywhere near as good as that scene though. Also, it had pretty limited animation for a KyoAni series. The detailed linework might be to blame since it increases the workload significantly. I'd rather have richer animation than more detailed drawings though.

>I don't need subs

>understand what's happening through context or actual knowledge of Japanese

Well, duh because it's the first episode

We have to wait and see how the rest of the episodes pan out

That scene is just a shifting background being showered with the proper filters. The episode itself was really well made, probably their most detailed work so far.

I don't know about you but my eyes were being massaged the whole episode.

>That scene is just a shifting background
The moving clouds time-lapse was very good.
>filters
I don't really like their usage of filters. I was talking about the environmental CGI in that scene. As opposed for example with the pretty crappy CGI of the ship in the intro with the letter flying around.

>I don't know about you but my eyes were being massaged the whole episode.
Too many stills for me. Like Violet talking with Gilbert in the street when he tells her she has a lot of potential, where they mostly just stand there for almost all the cuts of the conversation, with most of the animation being the lamp flames.

>What did Kyoani even did to you guys
KyoAni didn't. But a retard posting two VEG threads/day for the previous two weeks overhyped this as hell.

look, I love KyoAni and their shows but faggots like you make us look like the dumbest fucking retards this board breeds right now, even worse than the PTE squad. Trying to ironically wove in a rick and morty reference only makes it worse.

Subs when?

I don't understand how Sup Forums can be discussing this when the 10% that can understand the raws have shit taste, and there's a thread up with the faggot OP literally parroting nips opinions because he can't possibly have opinions on his own.

Kyoani should stick to dykebait shows where the dykes never fuck desu, appealing to virgins with 20 brain cells is all that they're good at.

>t. t/u/mbrite

It's just the IRC crew samefag spamming fabricated anti-KyoAni bullshit like they do every season a KyoAnime airs.

>now

Kyoani has always been a niche studio that was popular enough on Sup Forums to attract a dedicated contrarian backlash.

Waiting for subs is only going to prolong the drama. Watch it raw.

>Kyoani has always been a niche studio
How is KyoAni a niche studio?

It's a tiny studio that make like 1-3 anime a year and almost exclusively make SoL or variants of SoL, and are generally really consistent in the quality of their shows.

>comfy
The first and last defense of those with shit taste.

So is this gonna be like LWA where Netflix is incapable of releasing episodes alongside the Japanese broadcast and will upload everything once it's finished airing in Japan?

USA only, rest of the world gets weekly releases with one day delay.

God Netflix can be so retarded in America.

Only 亜人 got buttfucked. Everyone else gets their episodes weekly.

>the best episode this season

>tiny studio
It's not THAT tiny, retard. They even have more staff than Production I.G.
Kemono Friends studio is what tiny & niche studio look like.

>niche studio that was popular enough on Sup Forums
>exclusively on Sup Forums
Are we still in 2000? Kyoani anime are popular among casuals & normalfag too, dumbass.

And Guilty Crown was fucking fantastic

Is everyone just going to ignore how boring it was? It doesn't matter the artistic achievements if you don't manage to present it in a captivate way, you are supposed to win the attention of the audience with the first episode, this episode would have worked so much better as a 2nd or 3rd episode, so far is no better than the last Kino no Tabi or anything actually. All i'm saying is that the show isn't even half as good of what people are saying it is.

>zzz hyouka makes me sleep zzz what a flop
go away

They made Maid Dragon that's enough reason to burn there shitty studio to the ground

user, I...

Americans like binge watch

That's not the issue. It just doesn't make sense to release like that unless Netflix owns the production like Devilman. Otherwise you're literally losing viewers because they're going to want to watch it as it's released elsewhere.

They don't Simulcast in America because their broad audience of normies don't care to watch shit week by week so they aren't gonna change their business model

>completely glossing over Shinkai

Did you really think that would work on Sup Forums?

Because of false-flagging fags.
I didn't even bother reading Violet Evergarden threads because they were too much of an obvious bait with all the "aotc right heeaar"
Shows that attract too much attention on Sup Forums usually became hated fairly fast.

>normies
>watching VEG

Pick one.

>Shinkai is a studio
HUURRRR DURRR

I never said they watch it

my point is Netflix isn't gonna change their business model for one show for weebs who are just a minority of their normalfag audience

Well, you're here to watch it aren't you, newfriend?

Then why do they even bother getting into anime if they don't care about the audience?

>no K-on
>no Haruhi
How could they forget the two most popular shows they have and put all these literally who's in?

SUBS WHERE