Re:Zero

NEW CHAPTER WHEN

How much longer until things start really heating up? I want to see Subaru use unseen hand some more and eventually succumb to its darkness

friday

there was no need for a thread, but i'm alright with it.

So, fun fact. Despite the fact that the LN cut Subaru actually making a magical contract with Roswaal, the magical contract with Roswaal is still in. Somehow. Like he secretly made a contract or something for reasons? Both Tieba and 5ch seem confused about this development. As if Tappei had forgotten all about the contract, and only remembered it later.

That seems to be how the LN has been handling things. Garfiel is a quarter-blood? Only revealed the exact moment it's 100% necessary to keep the plot intact, rather than being part of the underlying tension. Roswaal having a magic contract with Subaru? Instead of being part of the stakes of the final loop, you only learn of it after everything is over. When it's necessary for people to trust Roswaal.

Also, Subaru's conversation with Betty about her memories of Rem was cut, but it's still hinted later that she does in fact remember Rem. It's just not really part of the story.

>LNfags will defend this

Yeah. People actually thought those points might have been rewritten, but nope. They're just more poorly woven into the story. Like how Subaru finds the lab because Satella accidentally blendered it into his brain, rather than him learning it from Betty's teleport. Or Invisible Providence just showing up only at the exact moment Subaru needs it, without the foreshadowing for it.

The fact that Puck takes so long to finally get stuck in his crystal, has all the time he needs to say goodbye to Emilia, and it's not even her fault on top of it, also makes that less of a parallel to Subaru's situation with Rem.

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Kind bro translate please.

>Like how Subaru finds the lab because Satella accidentally blendered it into his brain, rather than him learning it from Betty's teleport.
What the fuck is going on with Tappei? Or you think it might be the editorial department?

My guess is that it's as others have said before. Tappei is best at writing organically, and Arc 4 is a product of how he wrote it the first time. Any time he makes a change, he's disrupting the natural flow of what he wrote. Because he's not willing to just scrap the whole thing, this results in him just including inferior versions of scenes or forcing the same result to occur despite the differences.

Oh, and I'll even say that's how Pyroxene strikes me. It's a convenient plot tool to ensure the plot is forced back on track every time the differences would otherwise grow too large.

>pyroxenel
I also wonder how Arc 5 will now be as Puck already has a suitable crystal now and won't have to be away and there is no longer that reason to go to priestella

It'll break.

Oh no. See, the crystal still apparently was only just good enough for him to be active for so fucking long. Not enough for it to be a change that has any real impact on the plot. I'd say the end of Arc 4 leaves it all in the same state as it did in the WN. Despite everything happening differently and in stupider ways.

Let's keep this thread alive.

I have to sleep though, so I count on you!

>subaru-kyun, i brought the ingrediedents for the "yaminabe(i googled this and apparently People, usually friends, bring outrageous ingredients that are unknown to the others. And they cook them in a pot without knowing what's inside and eat it in the dark. This is called as yaminabe. )"(?)
>alright, with this all the member's ingredients have been gathered.
>are you ready?
>as a matter of course i'll stay for the chivalric order, i commend your courage. (julius really fucks me up whenever he talks, i don't know what any of this means)
>thank you~
>this is a traditional dish from my hometown...
>you prepare the ingredients and other things you have while being unable to see the other's dish, we cook it and serve it. like a so called, test of courage.
>other things?
>this time there are no other things.
>alright, im putting out the lights.
>fwoosh
>sorry, ferri-chan saw it
*beam beam beam*
>AAAAAH~~~ YOU FELINE~!!
a couple might be wrong, like subaru's explanation and whatever the fuck julius was going on about.

Frederica is for _____

BREEDING

feline blowjobs!

>Like how Subaru finds the lab because Satella accidentally blendered it into his brain, rather than him learning it from Betty's teleport.
This one baffles me perhaps the most. How would you even get the idea that changing actual foreshadowing into the result of RNG could be better in any way
>See, the crystal still apparently was only just good enough for him to be active for so fucking long
But we know for a fact there are multiple of those crystals

>But we know for a fact there are multiple of those crystals
Just resign yourself to the fact that the rules work only as they're convenient. Why was Puck able to be so active for so long, without turning into a giant beast? Because it was convenient.

holy jumpin' jesus

I was considering reading the LN, but after this fine mess I think not

Otto

Jesus Christ. They better fix this shit for the anime. Like, at this point plot holes are now starting to form in these rewrites.

Marry Petra
Fuck Beako
Kill the one whose name I don't even remember

beako has the functional body of a human being, so it's possible that you might get her pregnant.

>it's possible that you might get her pregnant.

Is Lewes supposed to be a half elf?

It's the functional body of a 10y old human being, so probably not?

I think so. She said in the sanctuary SS that she was hated because of her ears iirc.

Plot twist, Gamma or whatever the fuck the evil Lewes was called is the actual vessel for Satella

opps I thought I was on /c/ but I'll just keep going.

Is there going to be a point where we just stop talking about the LN? This is really bad, and the hope that this is the work of a extensive input from editors is waning.

It's Omega. And currently she's the vessel for Echidna.

Wasn't it implied that she's not all of echidna, as in parts of her personality didn't transfer over?

Just do what everyone else around the world does. Tell yourself it's another world-line.

Dear lord, i hope this never gets S2.

It will, despite its appearances here it is very popular. If the LN had enough content it probably would have gotten another season.

>check reddit bc of that one user who said he got a translation form there
>there's a lot of comics i've translated there
>notice the difference in translations
>suddenly notice the huge amounts of miss-translations i've made all this time

It'll likely be announced with the OVA. My hope is that S2 will only be Arc 4, as that arc easily has enough content to fill a 2 cour season. I just hope that some of the stuff the LN cut will be put back into the anime, especially the ones crucial to the plot like the contract with Roswaal and Garfiel's quarterblood

Thank you.

>especially the ones crucial to the plot like the contract with Roswaal and Garfiel's quarterblood
Those are all in the story. Just they aren't revealed until the very last second. Which makes very little sense in Roswaal's case, where he apparently just suddenly reveals he's got some kind of special contract marks. After everything is all said and done.

>as that arc easily has enough content to fill a 2 cour season. I just hope that some of the stuff the LN cut will be put back into the anime, especially the ones crucial to the plot like the contract with Roswaal and Garfiel's quarterblood
umm sorry to dash your hopes but no way in hell is the anime going to add more scenes except ones that add nothing but good visuals.

It's okay, you do them for free on a anonymous image board without any recognition. You could even pretend that it wasn't you that made those mistakes and no one would know!

>You could even pretend that it wasn't you that made those mistakes and no one would know!
>no one would know!
still kinda discouraging, i think i'll study for another year before attempting to translate again. i'll still translate for the catfag though, i mostly wing whatever i translate for him

Oh, I know I mistranslated the hell out of some early stuff I did a long time ago. I'm planning to fix that right up at some point.

I should really stop coming to these threads the LN changes are really depressing me.

I wish

Don't worry. I'm personally never going to bring them up again.

Thank you for translating, and for continuing to translate for me bro.

Anyhow, I think I've built up enough confidence to give Arc 1 another push, to see if I can't make something that sounds like I have even the vaguest understanding of what I'm looking at.

Reminder Re:Zero is future Earth and Dying Earth.

And the dragon isn't the Dragon. The dragon is just a host for the Blood.

N-NANI

The dragon could be the sun, giving both have a connection to fire. Also Satella is a satellite which crashed in Subaru's time, Subaru will have to go back in time using the death of the sun/dragon to save his world but it would mean erasing Emilia's. I wonder how everyone would react if it actually took a more science fiction approach rather than being a fantasy like we all suspected. I'm not up to date with the novels yet but is there any light shed on why Roswaal wants to slay the dragon?

It's what everybody is always saying. The Dragon's blood is what's special. The Dragon's blood even seems like it's alive. What it infects somehow becomes a part of it in some way. So the dragon is just a dragon, but the Dragon is the blood.

And Ferris is one of God's angels.

Now that Crusch has been infected, he's at least a little closer to joining her in the aids-infested choir.

SOURCE

How many chapters is arc 5? Please don't be as long as Sanctuary.

70ish

FERRIS'S BIRTHDAY IN 5 DAYS

Mimi is like Ferris but fat and ugly cherub.

Mimi is a cute and a lewd

I want to reproduce with this girl

why was everybody such a fucking dick when subaru kept getting killed trying to save emilia?
If i was him I'd never forgive them.

What do you mean?

When emelia and the town kept getting killed by the cult. Subaru tried to tell people what happened, they didn't want to help him since they would benefit from emelia's death from the throne.
It was pretty dickish of them. They even knew he was talling the truth.

Don't be a retard.

He doesn't have to care about them. Hell, he could despise them.
It would still be suboptimal to let them die and he needed their cooperation. Nothing says he still likes them.

I want to commission lewds. Who should I go to?

Nobby

The Drawthread.

I wonder what the next IF will be about.

How would the story have change if Subaru was a cute girl instead?

There's your answer

A cat is fine too!