Kyoanis greatest work

>kyoanis greatest work
>cgi water in the intro sequence
>these fucking blur filters on virtually every single frame enforcing pseudo dof when it isnt even required for focus purposes
how can people defend this?

like, what the fuck is this?

or this? theres no fucking point in enforing this shit here. the characters covers 40% of the goddamn screen. it doesnt enhance the mood or anything, neither does it help moving the eye towards the character. what sort of hack is in charge of this shit?

Apologize

Its almost like the CHARACTER is supposed to be the FOCUS and NOT the background. Are you filterfags seriously this retarded?

it looks great, youre just being contrarian

the character covers 40% of the fucking screen you mentally deranged bimbo. there arent any distracting elements in that shot, so theres virtually no reason to limit dof. are you mentally handicapped or something? subtlety seems to be a foreign word to you people. no one would focus on the background when the central point of that shot is a moving object.

Smoke chamber

I literally can't spell it out any simpler than I already did. Just accept that you can't understand what is happening and move on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS Sup Forums? WHY CAN'T YOU RESPECT KYOANI JUST LIKE FOR ONCE WHYYY

THIS WAS HER TUUUUUUUUUURRRN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LIKE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

KyoAni are a popular woman-powered shithole.
Only women, cakefags and anti-lolicons will ever praise them, but they will do so continously with VEG.

I feel so bad for the background artists. They work their fucking asses off and then the post-process team just destroys their work with lazy computer-generated blurs.

Viewer-generated smoke from all the assburn.

It's the shitty TV source as well. Wait for the good source to come out tomorrow to see if you can properly shit on it, at least. If this truly looks like this, I'd be genuinely surprised.

Higher resolution isn't going to remove the shitty DOF effects you moron.
We can only hope they remove them in the blurays.

Resolution isn't the only thing different between Netflix and TV sources, numpty.

Sorry faggot, but an increased bitrate and decrease in artifacts aren't going to change how they actually made the damn show either.

The thing is, I'm not talking about the depth of field blurring backgrounds. I'm referring to the white filter that seems to be over everything. Like, I have extreme doubts the show is supposed to look like there's smoke everywhere all the time.

Now people are placing guilt on the TV rips.
KyoAnifags couldn't be more defensive.

So you think the TV broadcast added a constant shitty filter on it somehow or for whatever reason? You think this wasn't intentionally added by KyoAnus?
You'll find out soon enough you silly fuck.

I'm no KyoAni fag. I just know how they are, and it just would surprise me if it looked this bad. Because it really does look awful.
i'm not leaning one way or the other. I would just find it surprising that a KyoAni show would look like dogshit, given their track record.

Given that it looks like they fucked this show up going overboard on post-process effects, I'd say it's pretty likely they added the smoky filter.

>CG the studio
>good

That's really disappointing. The premise seems to be a nice coming-of-notautism/adventure story, which I can totally get behind.

people who think that the smoke filters are related to the tv releases should take a look at the production process if the ending sequence (the battlefield scene). theres like 4-5 versions of it, and the final one looks by far the worst. dont know if someone here saved the webm.

because they paint over photos and when its a blur they dont even have to do that. you actually think there's a well drawn background hidden under that?

Got a link or something for that? I'm intrigued.

>Because it really does look awful.
You're nitpicking, or I have really bad vision. I didn't notice most of the things people complain about till I was made aware of it and actually took the time to look at it.
I'll admit that it's not like every frame is a painting, and there's plenty of flaws, but for what it is, it's absolutely fine. It serves its purpose.

actually managed to find it

The final cut is considerably less visible than the one right before it.

Nice find.
>The final cut is considerably less visible than the one right before it.
I think that's intended. Combat is chaos. Maybe they were going for that? Intended loss of detail?

To me the infantry running at the wrong pace in the background is more unnerving than the filters.

Even beyond the post-processing muddy haze, the color palette for most scenes in the first episode is really ugly. Maybe that's intended as visual metaphor, and hopefully improves as the story develops, but it's really off-putting. Like the mustard-grey highlights on his reddish hair here that don't make any sense in terms of light sources within the scene.

Google examples of DoF in film before you decide to post again

So is she a android girl?

Or just a kuudere?

>its used in holywood films, therefore its the correct way
thats not how it works. whats next, youll bring up another one of nolans masterpieces? maybe the dark knight rises this time?

pic related is the correct use of dof. moving objects in the background, many characters to focus on etc.

They shouldn't have done those last two, completely ruined it.

What generates more butthurt? PTE or Kyoani?

JAPANIZU DOORU

I can't tell if the first or the last one is the worst.

I don't know if you are retarded or just pretending.

Weren't you watching the last scene? Only her arm is a robot and her heart.

>1. What is this
>2. Oh that looks pretty amazing
>3. Hell yeah this is my stuff
>4. YES YES
>5. Huh, what's going on
>6. WHAT'S GOING ON, stop, please, stop.

Nature spent decades creating that background and they just blur it out. Disgusting.

Yes, you're retarded.

>trust me I’m an expert in photography and know how to PROPERLY use depth of field

Very nice

I fucking hate movies, that's pretty much the reason I mostly watch anime in the first place.
Making it movie like isn't a good thing at all.

>cgi water in the intro sequence
All water in anime these days is made with cgi, newfag

Still haven't watched the whole episode, but seeing the difference between the last two cuts, the final one really seems a bit too much.

>cgi is bad meme

>CGl is bad meme

kek

>I fucking hate movies
Why? I would call you an ultimate pleb but maybe you have a good reason for this terrible taste

The last one looks the best. I'm not seeing the problem.

>The only studio able to incorporate smooth cg and visual effects to hand drawn animation properly
>bad

Water in Free looks so much better than this shit. And Free was in 2013.

>The only studio

BTFO.

Anyone who thinks their use of DOF is good is retarded.