Violet Evergarden

>***,201位/***,173位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 2018/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]

Is it me or, for the hype this show received, this is not exactly a good start? The show had perhaps the biggest promotion of the season, and it couldn't even hit above rank 100, and it didn't hit the Top 200 either. Even Pop Team Epic and Takagi-san are ranking higher, and it's only a hundred ranks higher than the Antarctica show. And preorder ranks tend to go down, not up, until the next episode airs, so there's a chance it would go below this soon. What went wrong?

>Netflix
dumb OP

>hype up a show for 3 years
>it's generic shock and totally flops in sales/discussion

Oh no no no

Character looks like a saberclone.
Boring and flat characters.
Eyecancer.

Are you guys really talking sales when only a single episode has aired?

people love saber clones
and she's not flat

Nero is a saberclone too, just because you have bigger boobs doesn't mean you aren't one.

She is flat though.

All shows have had only a single episode so far. While it's too soon to know for sure if it will be a hit or a flop, it's interesting to see if it's doing well from the start or if it's strugging.

I don't get the hate. NOBODY is talking about this show in prior years. Why does it warrant this controversy?

>NOBODY is talking about this show in prior years.
Try again.

How can we talk about in prior years a show that just premiered yesterday?

I WOULD FIND A WAY

It shall be the greatest selling TV anime of all time, mark my words, friend. I am putting my internet dignity on the line for this show. I've waited my whole life for this.

Screencapping this so when you commit sudoku I will have a way to explain to your family why you did it.

Some people just hate KyoAnus that much.

Its probably all the faggots who wouldnt shut the fuck up about this show in Devilman threads

Meanwhile.
>**1位/**1位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/03/23 【Amazon.co.jp限定】 ガールズ&パンツァー 最終章 第1話 (特装限定版) (「中村桜の アヒルさんでも分かる!総火演の楽しみ方講座」BD付) [Blu-ray]
>**2位/**2位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/03/23 ガールズ&パンツァー 最終章 第1話 (特装限定版) [Blu-ray]

Mizushima really like fuck with kyoani.

crybaby fags need to shut up the most

>What went wrong?
Two words: Taichi Ishidate.

HAHAHAHA MORE LIKE NOSALES FLOPGARDEN

Muh kyoani shop.

That might be completely true, but there is no fucking reason for a bunch of Violet fags to show up in the Devilman threads when it first aired to just let everyone know that the actual AOTY has yet to air

When you have people actually act pretentious, the real meaning of the word, you cant help but relish in their suffering

I pity people who were expecting anything better.

It's another crappy KyoAni LN adaptation. This shit is never good.

To be fair, VEG has been getting discussion ever since it won the kyoani award.

I thought this show is directed by that Fujita whats-her-name.

>another season won by all-girl anime

Perfect.

Industry was never in such a good state.

Meanwhile

>***,198位/***,187位 (***,434 pt) [*,*15予約] 2018/01/31 ポプテピピック vol.1(Blu-ray)

She is only the production manager, not director.

>What went wrong?

Nothing for now. Hibike, PW and Maid Dragon hit the rankings way worse. But Hibike and Maid Dragon climbed up a lot. Even this season with Overlord it started off low, Now it's above VEG.

Safe Bet would be it sells like Hibike. Unless KyoAni totally fucks up. I see nothing but positives.

Oh so everything bad comes from Ishidate and everything good must come from Fujita? Ohhh i see now how you people think.

It will sell similarly to Kyoukai no Kanata.

>everything bad comes from Ishidate and everything good must come from Fujita
I said nothing of the sort. Did your mother drop you on your head as a kid?
The man in charge takes the blame. It's common sense.

Ishidate is one of the worst directors when it comes to setup. Most of the exposition is done through awkward dialogue or internal monologues, this retard would fit right in any powerlevel shonen staff, fucking lazy I tell you, Kyokai no Kanata was also filled with this shit, I still can't believe there are anons in this board right now who consider him a good director.

It's a pretty low ranking.

Japanese comments I read on futaba and 2ch were mostly unimpressed besides the animation.

Don't lie to me. Everybody on Sup Forums were hyping for month how this was going to be Fujita's debut anime but once shit hits the fan, you conveniently shifted the blame to Ishidate to save the face of your super special snowflake director

>AFA
You from SG user?

>Everybody on Sup Forums were hyping for month how this was going to be Fujita's debut anime
Only the sakugabooru clique of retards. That hardly constitutes "everybody on Sup Forums".
And whatever dumb shit some imbeciles posting on Sup Forums say, it doesn't change the fact of who is actually in charge of VEG and hence responsible of how good or bad it ends up being.

It's "Fake Moe - The Anime" all over again.
>aren't I autistic uguu
Violet in a nutshell.

I miss this dork.

Nah, saved that image from a long time ago.

I don't. She was fake as fuck.

Who is the semen demon on the left, why don't I know her, and is she French?

Meanwhile

It goes op and already outdid PTE. OP Btfo

I miss the cat!

The only hype was from retarded weebs, japs could read the mediocre novel and and aren't so starved for muh steampunk that they wanted to believe this would be any better than it

First episode was alright.

But many first episodes this season were way more than allright.

Have seen the first episode in cinema.

And I was quite surprised that the audience had a fair share of women and children. Fuck hell, in the last screen I was sitting right from a mother with her two children.

>***,108位/***,110位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 2018/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
It's doing pretty well, actually.

Let's see if it can continue. Best thing to do is wait a few days and see if it can maintain that performance. Even some shows that later ended up selling poorly had initially high ranks (like WUG from last season)

>implying

A rank of 108 is good, though. But long term trends rather than short spikes are more important.

Kyoani doesnt really need that much sales to profit from VEG, especially after a deal with Netflix of all companies. I'm curious if it'll get better after the next episode.

Way too early to guess at how well the show will do based off of stalker.

Wait for week 5 or so.

Not having cowtits=/=flat

Not that user, but you seem quite curious about AFA (or Singapore) in general.

>pop team epic outselling violet everfilter

Yeah except that people have been hyping this ever since it was announced that the novel won the KyoAni award. That was literal years ago. It was obvious back then and now it's confirmed that ya'll losers just set yourself up for disappointment.

I'm from PH so SG is close to me, and I'm interested in ASEAN events in general.

—Major, do you remember… that you embraced me when we first met? You had feared me for a long time. Even so, you kept me by your side. Most likely, I definitely had been thrown away because I would settle in the hands of anybody. Even so, I had wanted to be useful because you needed me. The days in which I was unable to see you were of continuous lacking, as well as experiences that seemed to give place to more of it. I had always wondered why you had told others to say that you had passed on. One day, should I have managed to meet you, I had wanted to reply to your question of "why can't you understand my feelings" and to the words "I love you". Major, was I… was your Violet… still loved by you?

Best waifu

Its at 198 already? Holy shit it's dropping fast.

>disbelief in KyoAni
You fools, KyoAni will find a way.

You can't just smear vaseline on a lens and call the resulting pictures artistic.

When will you KyoAnifags realize that they're a shit studio? KyoAni is the epitome of style over substance.

Settle down yurishitter, the AOTS and best seller hasn't aired yet.

Cute girls anime have pretty much 50:50 gender ratio.

That's SHAFT though I agree Kyoani is not a very good studio either

>What went wrong?
Your mother chose not to get an abortion.

Nothing is beating GuP. Trigger crap will fail hard.

Phantom World, KnK or Tamako also had an early jump then only kept falling.

Is this your first Kyoani show? Half of the posts in any given thread will be about how shit this show a show is. They could make K-On!!!, make enough money to buy Switzerland, and people would still call it a flop.

Everything KyoAni made since Free was a flop. Maidragon probably made money with chinese streaming since chinks loved it but that's it.

Most of SHAFT's shows are engaging, though. I can only think of a couple KyoAni shows worth mentioning.

You fucking ignorants, you absolute morons! Do I have to teach how to appreciate this gem of animation, this CROWN JEWEL of anime? So listen carefully you literal children. This. Show. Is. Deep. Now, do I watched this? No. But I already know everything and I can assure you that this show is a masterpiece. And trust, I can recognize a work of art when I see one. Want to know how? It's simple you donkey, by the amount of dialogues. The more dialogues show has the deeper it is. If you don't know this rule then you should leave this thread and educate yourself you fucking imbecile. And one more thing - if I ever see one more of those "clever" and "snarky" comments about how Pop Team Epic is better than Violet Evergarden then let's just say you will not live through the night. Don't feel threatened, feel warned.

Trying too hard.

You falseflaggers are worse than salesfags. I hope the time you wasted writing that out was worth it, because you'll never get that back.

>> 166922276
>> 166922464

Saber Clone??? Where it is?
Saber "is" Clone

Its already far behind. Way for a meme to backfire so much, PTE were shitposting about sales in VEG threads before release, and now in just few hours got decimated.

>being this triggered to make this

>Out of all the designs only Jeanne's really look similar.
>Posting designs from stuff released after FSN and/or with characters that share very little similitudes with Saber.
>Being this triggered that people associate a very popular character with a haircut.

Pathetic.
I hope the guy will also make one with Yomi ;_; and hime cut characters, that ought to be fun as well.

> Sakura flop
Shoujofags and hetmagicalgirlsfags rip.

>"Sakura Nene"
Neck yourself immediately.

This board is different from what I remember. When did we start forcing anime series? I mean, we did it but not like this.

Fuck off saleshitter

Now all we need is a wojak and this thread is complete

>***,*79位/***,*79位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]

Still no points

*79位/*79位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
***,128位/***,162位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 2018/04/04 ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン(1)(Blu-ray Disc)

>he doesn't have a one episode rule

Wait until episode 3 for it to become the next Madoka

it's too het to be next madoka lol

>to become the next Madoka
A dissapointment?

It goes it goes it goes UP

***,*67位 (---,---pt) [-,---予約] 2018年04月04日 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]

Is this the part where we dance

Is it finding a way?

How much does sales honestly matter, if it helps Netflix get subscribers?
It's probably also one of Netflix's cheapest projects.

Netflix has nothing to do with VEG other than buying the license for streaming rights. Do you think every anime on Crunchyroll was produced and funded by crunchyroll? Fucking retard.

You took offense very fucking quickly, user. Chill out.
Never said they produced it, but they bought exclusive rights and provided funding.

67位/*79位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
*96位/128位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/04/04 ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン(1)(Blu-ray Disc)
*97位/120位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/05/02 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 2 (全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
*98位/125位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/07/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 4 (全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
*99位/126位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 18/06/06 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 3 (全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]

Assuming the netflix contract already covers most of the cost of the show, the BD sales are probably just the cherry on top. Also looking at how netflix has the show dubbed into six other languages already, that would put it above most of the other anime netflix has rights to. Certainly not on the level of some of their originals where they pay actors $300k an episode or whatever though