Violet Evergarden

Anime and Novel discussion.

Netflix release is out, and is a way to watch - watch 1080, its native resolution of the show. Disregard Asenshi, use their subs separately if needed.

All those images are pretty, but the hidden part of all that detail is that there is very little movement in most of them. The water splash effect was very good though.

>kino

There was no need to smear a white filter over everything, waste of pretty images.

Does this show have good characters in it?

And yet it is still by far the best looking show this season and overall by standards of TV anime. There is also quiet a lot of movement, just the subtle character animation and not the spastic sakugabooru shit. There are bits like Hodgins shoes scene that have more work put into them than the scribbles of whatever other shows.

>and overall by standards of TV anime
No.

>webm
That is one of the few scenes with proper animation in this episode.

>ridiculous amount of after effects on every shot
The deviantart of anime, available on netflix...

have you seen any anime before

>violets reactions at seeing VEG threads full of shitposters

That walking animation looks robotic as hell, it has no soul, the rest is CGI trash

I can already tell this show is going to be shit holy fuck

Wh-why does it look like this

This cant be right. Why do her eyes look off when she moves?

Why do you make it a point to hate literally everything? I haven't watched the show yet but to dismiss it based on like 10s worth of webms is autism personified.

Then again we are on Sup Forums so I'm not surprised

the gays keep me from watching this

Yuasa BTFO animation with his flash cartoon and now KyoAni with simply making it look so stunning that no one cares about sakugaboru kiddis whining

When an anime makes such hamfisted attempts at being cute

Its forced as fuck and infuriating

U-um I have a dumb question about the novel, since I couldn't find english translations in baka-tsuki and novel updates says it's not fully translated. Is there a translator or a group of translators willing to translate this shit?

Ishidate is officially the worst director at Kyoani, no easy feat to be honest.

It is fully translated and all chapters are on novel updates. There are just two groups, one translated it quite a time ago, the other only started and is halfway or so.

He is the best and first episode of Veg proves it.

ignore the tsundere

All this mad of the shitposters. Sup Forums is pretty much the only place where VEG gets this much flak.

The ironic thing it serves no purpose as the show will be the new KyoAni classic and set new standards to TV anime regardless of amount of time spent trying to cry about it.

>novel

Hibike! Euphonium is a better read than Violet Evergarden.

The animation in your webm is mediocre as fuck though.

>Sup Forums hates anime
Go back wherever you came from.

As opposed to? 3 seconds of sakuga per episode in your favorite show of the season?

I am sorry, but VEG is simply not in the same league. Every bit of it is art.

Can't tell if serious or trolling.

Faggot, this isn't even KyoAni's best. Hyouka, Nichijou, and even K-On S2 were all better.
Fuck off.

sakugabooru loves VEG, it's only Sup Forums overhyping and caring about flashanimationman and pretending like it wasn't total horseshit

It was absolutely great first episode for VEG adaptation exceeding expectations and that no other KyoAni director could have done better.

Waiting eagerly for Fujita`s 2nd episode, it should be stylitically different from Ishidates. What a ride.

>joined at the hip since before I founded this company
WDHMBT?

Sakugabooru is run by a Kyoanifag, of course they'd love it, any critical post about anything done by Kyoani gets you a ban, try it yourself, be as reasonable and harmless as you can and they'll still ban you if you don't suck Kyoani's limp dick 24/7

Ah fuck, I usually use baka-tsuki, this version shit looks confusing.

kyoani is absolutely incapabale of containing their homo shit

I missed the pasta thread. Those were so good.

Nichijou is full on KyoAni going on goofiness and no restraints, while VEG is their most cinematic work.

As far story goes VEG is better than Hyouka, though Hyouka still is great. Visual VEG once again breaches ground to movie looking experience to watched in cinemas (which it was and will be after broadcast), while Hyouka with all visual richness does not reach that. Also for all shitting on Ishidate, the best Hyouka episode was his. Same as just about every show where he acted as episode director.

Best episode directions are done by Kigami, retard.

It's to prepare you for Free's 3rd season.
Also check'd

>ESL posts again about VEG

Considering that it's a blog about animation and KyoAni is the leading animation studio in the industry, that's not very surprising. I've posted couple of times there. Criticised kyoani stuff and their other sakuga darlings. Kevin is an annoying sjw, but I never got a ban there or my comment removed. You must have went full sperg Sup Forums to have been banned there.

Yeah, like Munto.

There are 4 separate Violet thread here, wtf is happening. just use 1 at the time goddamnit.

Theres no need for Free, KyoAni knows their audiences. It has both milfs, fujo appeal, moe and when Lux introduced they sure to add yuri bait

Kyoani is not the leading animation studio by a long shot. They have the most consistent works but their sakuga peak can't reach very high simply because they don't have any top tier animators working with them except for Kigami, but he can't do all by himself.

this episode was pretty decent, not amazing but good. honestly it's good that /a lowered my expectations a bit.
also first time seeing a forehead blush in anime, do they do this in other shows?

>It has both milfs, fujo appeal, moe and when Lux introduced they sure to add yuri bait
Not really a good idea to shove all that into a single show.

If I want to watch whores and playboys with filters, I'd go on instagram.

Holy crap, I almost teared up at that last scene. The raw emotion depicted through Kyoto Animation is incredible. The voice acting also hits hard, like damn.

Everything about this show falls into pretty much what I expected from Kyoto Animation's most hyped work in years. Hell, even I was overhyping it like crazy before its release.

What I'm afraid of is that too often than not, hype destroys a show as people end up setting their expectations to a unreasonably high standard just from a few clips they saw from PVs or trailers beforehand.

I am proceeding with this series with cautious optimism that it will blow me away

Also, for all of you that watched this in 720p from Asenshi, I recommend you to rewatch it later in 1080p when they re-release it to take in the full beauty and detail of the animation. It is truly a sight to behold

Why are you telling us about your perverse habbits?

excuse the autism, but is this a shitpost by chance?

Which is better, Kyoani or Ufotable?

Its a pasta, yes.

>depicted here: Veeloot Eboorkartoon

How cute

Fear not those who look at you from above, but those who crawl below your feet planing your demise

>plebs thinking that Violet Evergarden is about muh filters

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Violet Evergarden.

KyoAni did it better desu.

thanks. does anyone here sincerely think this show is good so far or am I going to be the contrarian this time around?

Nice delusion

nothing about either of them is impressive desu

It's simultaneously stunningly beautiful and really fucking stupid and edgy.

So many things in this episode break the suspension of disbelief by their sheer stupidity. KyoAni somehow managed to sell it all though.

They could have done this with so many other source stories that were orders of magnitude better, and it'd be undisputed AOTY/AOTD. Why pick such a shitty novel to pour your top animation and directing talent into?

Of course. In fact majority outsode of Sup Forums threads since they are filled with shitposters. There is no point for not shitposters to even visit threads.

I am persistent since i am novel fag and genuinely enjoyed the adaptation and it feels good to trigger insecure people who simply cant contain their envy to AOTY.

Ishidate isn't top directing talent.

So it's fine if the girls are fetish pandering cardboard cutouts but not fine if the boys follow similar patterns?

For an award winning boom the writing is kinda bland.

>Kyoani plagiarizes now

At least they acknowledge the better director. Still did it worse tho.

oto meemior doru

It only won the scam awards Kyoani holds every year

Neither do other studios. At least KyoAni produces everything in-house, instead of dumping everything on freelancers and outsourcing to other studios, and then claiming the credit for their work.

As opposed to? Which of said masterpieces air this season?

Your "disbelief" is mere ADHD and shitposting same way as Hyouka was shitposted when it aired. The episode is great and as fan of story it exceeded the expectations - being largely rearranged and having original content.

No one cares about what you think since you simply project your ignorant views on a story you have no clue about instead of just watching it and percieved what you are told as the visual language and amount of nuances in characterization in episode is insane

I mean calling it aoty from first episode alone is taking it a bit far but this was a pretty good first episode. I dont get the filtering meme and I think this is just me but I like it, though it's kinda overdone at places (final scene of the episode with the major could have benefited from being less cloudy and popping out more)

>no u do the thing

>muh gilbert
Fucking violet shut the fuck up already you dumb bitch

Your taste is so shit I feel like I'm going to puke. VEG is fake-moe shit like KnK. It is nowhere close to Hyouka in terms of story.
>VEG is their most cinematic work.
And this is just not true. That would be Tamako Love Story.

Madhouse outsourced entire Yorimoi episode 2 and it turned out better than the one it made inhouse

>hurr durr I don't know the difference between episode supervisor and series director
Moron.

It is "first episode" for you. For me its confirmation that KyoAni really had what it take to properly adapt the great story, leaving no doubt it will be AOTY unless they entirely fuck up schedule (which is not happening) or rewrite it into the ground (which so far does not seem to be the case).

Nice CGI.

DELET TIS

I can't understand how you can maintain a business of writing letters for people who can't write. Think about it, who'd those letters be addressed too? Wouldn't people with no education hang out with others of similarly low education? Who the fuck will actually read those letters? Don't fucking tell me the addressees come to that company later to have those letters read to them. And if you can't read or write, you probably don't have a great job, would you really have money to spend on a letter sending service?

And God, is the main girl annoying. It's stupidly obvious that the author of the LN either had no fucking idea how real people act or that he deliberately decided that making the main character of a romance a high functioning autist (you know, Chris-chan level, except pretty) is a good idea. It's a damn light novel though, so I doubt it was deliberate at all. I bet the others will be a bunch of anime cliches as well instead of anything resembling a human being.

At least the show is very pretty, so maybe I'll be able to stomach the awful, cheap characterization.

You read neither. Hyouka is merely "ok" novel that shined that way because it was adapted by KyoAni (same as K-on before). Haruchika as example was a novel as good as Hyouka, but got slaughered in PA Works hands, while would be brilliant if done by KyoAni. They just do quality work.

Yamada does not have what it takes to make real cinematic experiences for big screen. Her influences are indie stuff and her direction predictable. She also has a LOT less experience actually animating stuff and composing scenes and storyboards than Ishidate, who is best KyoAni director not in a last because he exactly knows his visual idea and can himself execute it.

No one cares that they use freelancers you retarded studiofag. All that matters is the end product. If a freelancer is good, he's good.

It's jaw-droppingly beautiful, and I like everything about the story and characters so far. AOTY no doubt, but may very well be AOTD.

And this, anons, is example of typical shitposter. Gets tiring, but at least feel rewarding knowing how much time they waste on this.

>You read neither.
I am talking about the anime you moron.

hope what you say is true, I've been looking forward to this for too long for it to turn out to be shit

the filtering meme is mostly shitposting or people too autistic to just sit and watch without nitpicking every shot like they're fucking martin scorsese

kyoani likes to use depth of field a lot to give shots a more cinematic feel, or isolate characters from the background for thematic reasons, it's a valid storytelling tool to use and it comes down to taste whether you like it or not

So they made all their super soldiers fight to the death?

There's probably a similar service for people who can't read to get their letters read to them. And the service isn't probably that common for people to be sending letters to each other like it was messenger, it may only be used on special situations. This auto memories whatever company probably works as a postal service as well, not just a "translator"

Oh look, it's the LNtard who knows jack shit about animation.

You are talking about story. You obviously have no clue about VEG story, so what point are you attempting to make? None. You are just shitposting.

The characters are pretty fun so far, I thought everyone would be pretty over-dramatic and sad from what /a was shitposting about.
I hope we get to know more about Lt. colonel , I wanna know why his eyes looked like he wanted to murder someone

I will sincery enjoy this season seeing all the haters btfo and pathetically scramble in shadows pretending it was not them shitposting for the first weeks. There is rarely such a leisure opportunity to see people make fools of themselves.

I am talking about the narrative you low IQ troglodyte. Not just the sequence of events, but also the manner in which they are told. And the manner in which the story develops in VEG's first episode is indicative of a great many things.
I don't expect a literal moron to understand this. I know you from previous Kyoani threads, so I won't waste my time again with you. I'd be talking to a wall.

>90% blur