I don't get it

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/aavyij.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me too.
this show is for brain damaged kids with clip thinking

>a 4koma commedy is too deep for me
If you didn't get the overarching story/joke in episode one then you're unironically a brainlet. I'll give you a hint,it's more than just references for the sake of references.

I've never seen Sup Forums go from loving something to hating it because it got popular this quickly.

I see many anons claims people don't get it. Then explain this, there's the scene where it references Your Name clearly.

I don't see how is it funny. Can you explain?

>explain the joke
>joke is no longer funny after being dissected
>hurr that's not a funny joke,this anime sucks
I'll give you a hint,everything from 2:49 to 7:49 is a one segment and is directly related to each other. The screen glitches serve as more than just transitions,too.

To be fair, you do require a very high IQ to understand Poputepipikku.

Dude you really think that the average folk will expect an actual plot from this anime after having it being sold to them as a meme fest? I bet most people don't even know kadokawa sold KF fidget spinners, or that Bkub was a huge KF fan and resented Kadokawa a lot for what they did.

#
>the show is simple enough for brain damaged kids to watch
>I dont't get it

It's just some retarded shit. It was always retarded, I never understood why it was popular, ever. I choose to just not watch it and suggest you do the same.

I appreciate the advice,but no thank you.

no thanks, we're good. see you never.

you know after a week of not getting that whole slideshow bit, i understand that first episode, and goddamn that joke about the anime execs making shitty ideas into anime because its popular with anime fans is just real biting. bkub must really hate the anime industry

The opening is really good though
my.mixtape.moe/aavyij.mp4

It's pretty hard to find it as it gets pretty much instantly removed from youtube/dailymotion/niconico whenever it gets uploaded there. I guess they wanted to keep the secret until saturday's episode.

To be fair you need a very high IQ to understand Pop team epic

Beef or chicken?

This joke wasn't funny the first time people made it,much less the next 30 times after that.
It's unironically true,though

hey faggot if they give me autistic shit for half the episode, it doesn't make it better when they reveal they were being autistic on purpose

That's fine,comedy is subjective. Just don't act like the whole joke is references if you know that isn't the case.

Exactly, its not even a joke. Its nothing.

The funniest thing to come out of this anime is the people who call the show stupid without realizing it's literally 2deep4them

Kek

wtf I love PTE now

If you say you were being autistic on purpose, you were still being autistic.
and when people say that the show was being autistic, they are not wrong.

>what the fuck is satire lmao
Stop embarrassing yourself,user.

forced memes the anime

Nice revisionism, but Sup Forums has always hated this fucking garbage.

What do the nips think of PTE?

Most of them like it decently but think that it should be a bit shorter The first episode has 2 million views on Nico.

Nice revisionism, but Sup Forums has always loved this fucking masterpiece.

How can someone be this delusional.

something that shouldn't be overused, lest people think it isn't satire.
which happened

the threads were only out once a month and slow for a reason. a majority of people thought it was aids.

It's shit.

Gee I wonder why a manga that had threads about it once in a blue moon would suddenly get multiple daily threads after its anime adaptation started airing. Never seen that before.

Sarcasm aside, HnK threads after the first episode were way more cancerous than PTE's.

would you say Sup Forums has always loved HsK? No. only when the anime came out. the threads were a small minority of people that liked it.

People are acting like they have the whole show figured out when most of them fail to even understand the first episode. The segment you're complaining about only lasted for 5 minutes(x2,but I'm confident that the repeated episode gag will only be for the first episode),1/4 of the show's running time. It's not near as bad as you're making it out to be. It's not like every episode is going to be the same joke in that segment,either.

I'm saying that the few people who came to those threads all loved HnK (wtf is HsK?) and were grateful that they found about this series. PTE had the same treatment, occasionally someone would post chapters of the manga and people would sit round and laugh, or complain that they don't get the joke. Since the anime gave it a lot of exposure, you got more people complaining about the joke, and a few spouting IQ/autism memes. But we're leaps away from the level of early-airing HnK that devolved into SU/genderposting

Sup Forums in general has always loved Bkub. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either delusional or new.

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic

So what's the point of doing 2 voice overs?

Halving the budget for the episode, retards will eat it up anyway

There's was a strip in the manga where the characters asked to be voiced by well know male VAs if there was ever an anime adaptation,and the absolute madmen actually did it. The second set of VAs are the real ones,and this is only a one time gag I hope.

Fuck that, the male VA worked out a lot better.

>unable to explain the joke
>deflect by saying if i explain it then it isnt funny anymore
pretty sad to be honest. guess i am just too educated, smart and knowledgeable of the medium as a whole to find any enjoyment in this abortion. when a shows dedicated fanbase is unable to make a point, you know that there is nothing to elaborate on in the first place.

don't you guys think those people who spam the same ironic posts on Sup Forums again and again truly are the worst? Not only they spend their time on threads they don't even like, but they bring nothing new to the conversation.

You forgot your ironic weeb checklist. The shitpost doesn't really feel complete without it.

making a thread costs the person 30 seconds. a properly constructed OP generates so many you's that he doesnt even need to join the debate anymore.

The joke has been explained in this thread you shitposter.

people caring about getting (you)s is a meme though, right?

Except replace the word "joke" with "reference".

I'm down with whatever as long as we don't get 2 versions of the same 12 minute episode every week.

>he unironically thinks that creating a shitstorm isnt satisfying as hell
watching people fight is pretty hilarious.

I don't get it
its a meme
guys who legit dont get it
are brainlets
fpbp got late again

I like this meme,keep posting it.

>not the first post of this IP
>responds to the OP
really makes you think

That false opening was amazing

I hate the voice they gave her
At least the long haired one sounds nice on the second version

I wish they dedicated a little more time to the fakeout instead of pulling the plug at the title card. They only adapted 1 strip instead of the 5 in the manga leading up to the reveal,so there wasn't any setup for the punchline. It just kind of switched from Girldrop to Pop Team on a dime.

have hope to have an episode with Sugita and Nakamura

>secondaries complaining
You don't get to complain since you're dirty secondary subhumans. Being a secondary always overwrites any criticism. Too bad.

Also, Momonoki Five duo (Hikasa Yoko and Nakamura Eriko).

>I've never seen Sup Forums go from loving something to hating it because it got popular this quickly.
What about Katawa Shoujo?

hasn't that always been Sup Forums rather than Sup Forums? And as far as I know /vg/ threads have kept the torch burning till today.

There's not much to get. It's about two weird looking girls with awful personalities doing absurd shit.

You're supposed to pretend to get it. The people who actually "get it" are losers who wasted their entire life on animu so they get all the "funny" references.

>those people who can't enjoy PTE unless they "get" every joke

>hasn't that always been Sup Forums rather than Sup Forums?
No. Hence my point.

You're wrong,but you're a cool dude.
>image

>All these secondaries who watch five minutes of the first episode and think it's Japanese Family Guy
If anything, it's Japanese Jerkcity.

but jerkcity is almost never funny

youre wrong. i got all the references and i still wasnt amused for a single second of it.

I can't believe I live in a timeline where Pop Team Epic genuinley is too deep and subtle for 80% of anons

So what about the Sonic,Skyrim, and Clifford the Big Red Dog refrences?

The next episode comes out on Saturday, right?

Only time will tell

The next episode began as soon as the first episode ended. It's airing right now. user,you are the Pop Team Epic

Can some anons please tell me at what point in this I was supposed to laugh? Because I didn't laugh once. This was redditcore garbage.

Le epic ruze, my famalam senpai xD
My jimmies have most definitely been rustled.
And I almost got away with it to =3=, if i weren't such a big guy 4UUUU

Why does this show attract so many crossboarders?

Great addition to this thread,user! I'm really glad you decided to post this!

*Sheathes katana*
*Tips fedora*

Live long
And prosper

*Turns around and walks slowly into the light*

That's understandable,Pop Team Epic's humor isn't for everyone.

LOL FAKE INTRO WOW SO META THIS SHOW IS SO SELF AWARE XD

You too!

You're supposed to laugh at how the show is pretending to be retarded while also being actually retarded

>Episodes plot was made as simple as possible so even the most mindless meme loving fan should be able to get it.
>Directly tells you whats going on at the end.
>Even has a fidget spinner during the explanation so the ADD fucks will pay attention.
>It was still somehow 2deep4u for some anons.

Embarassing.

It's not that it was "too deep" you retard. It's that it was unfunny meme trash.

B-b-back the fuck off?
*growls*

Literally a Family Guy tier joke

Explain the joke then.

>Kuso media cannot be funny
>"Only Pretending to be Retarded" isnt literally what is funny about it
>Humor is objective

I never knew the "a" in Sup Forums stood for "autistic"

Will it be the Jackass of anime?

I'm glad you enjoyed that gag so much,user!

it's pretty close to actual Sup Forums humor, downright to the memes that require you to get the references.
Thing is, nowadays Sup Forums hates their own humor, or at least the one they've had in the past. 4channers hate reddit/9gag so much that when those started mimicking the Sup Forums culture, people started renouncing their own culture, rather than being associated with those people they hated. Of course I'd argue that you could tell the difference between people who actually understand the origin of the memes and people who're just spamming memes they don't understand to fit in but the frontier between the two got blurred out years ago.

And the worst part is that being an oldfag is now looked down upon. Newfags don't respect their elders, so culture doesn't get properly transmitted anymore. Hell if people even visit Encyclopedia Dramatica (or if it is even up to date).

Anyway I like Pop Team Epic. I don't always get the gags the first time but that gives me good reasons to read/watch it again.

>referencing memes and pop culture
>BUT ACTUALLY IT'S REALLY META AND TROLOLO SO YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE!!!1!