Is this the most epic anime of all time?

Is this the most epic anime of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFugear3b9s
my.mixtape.moe/aavyij.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. It's, dare I say, Pop Team Epic.

The catch is that they got the same seiyuu for the professor.

The fire one
You
Know...
TTGL

wow

Bulbasaur is the right choice.

I still don't get why Sup Forums is so assblasted about this show. It's just another 'lol random dumb anime xD'

It's not just an anime, it's the anime of the decade

its like the big bang theory of anime also its popular on Reddit

Sup Forums has been dickriding bkub and Poputepipiku for years, but unfortunately they had to start hating it because others like it.
There's some dissonance going on. Some fear in letting go.

But Evangelion is also popular on reddit and Sup Forums loves it

was the first episode anything like the manga? I thought a lot of people were thrown off by it

>also its popular on Reddit
Why do you even care? And how do you know? And why do I give you the (you) you wanted with this post?
4chans obsession with reddit is rather cute.

Will people start liking it more after it's done or will it stay at least a bit divisive?

It's pretty much 11 minutes of manga material with 2 minutes of anime original content.

people will forget about it after its done unless it manages to get 100k sales or something. Sup Forums's attention span is way too short nowadays

It's the manga in anime form, it's more or less the perfect adaptation.
Except for the doubling with different voice tracks.

Why don't you marry reddit if you care about it so much

cause girls cant carry girls

Maybe from the professor's perspective, but it looks like the left to me

so then why was there so much shitposting about it? Just secondaries who never read PTE before?

What did you think about the first episode?

underrated

>Sup Forums only cares about shows that sells over 100k

Like 1% of this board actually reads manga, what do you think?

I mean yeah, ultimately.

I try my best

it was good and i liked it, but i hope we get an actual 24min episode this week (wich im probably watching more than one time honestly but i want more content)

ahahaha, who comes up with this stuff?

It's a currently airing thing, meaning the people who hated it but couldn't talk shit about it due to its long running sacred cow status now have a reason to.

Yes. Leaked deleted scene from episode 1
youtube.com/watch?v=wFugear3b9s

cringe

Sup Forums hates fun. It's nothing new

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic.

To be fair the golden rule of anime is to watch 3 episodes before making up your mind, so anyone saying it's already shit after only 1 is probably a newfag

Not even second most popular, Citrus and Violet is more popular there.

I'm sure Sup Forums was very ready to love it and spam images of it from the get go, but alas, it reached meme status too hard and too fast. Reddit and Facebook and ironic weebs co-opted and absorbed it almost instantly, ironically because Sup Forums used reaction images from the Manga so hard that even normais could see that was the source, which means Sup Forums can't like it anymore. That impulse to differentiate themselves as well as the frustration of not being able to enjoy what they wanted to express enjoyment for leads to this backlash effect you see every goddamn season

This is why I love the fact that anime is Japanese. It's like they have a buffer from our retardation and can just keep doing their own thing no matter what the tryhards and normalfags in the west say and do.

>show gets vaguely popular
>"wtf, it's shit now"
Wow... so this is the power of Sup Forums

my.mixtape.moe/aavyij.mp4

Pipimi is THICK

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Pipimi’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pop Team Epic truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Pipimi’s existential catchphrase “I'm not upset,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as bkub’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Pop Team Epic tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Bump for Supremacy.

>I still don't get why Sup Forums is so assblasted about this show.
Sup Forums right now is a lot more bitter than in its early days. Had this show come out ten years ago, Sup Forums would be all over it and reposting memes of it. Conversely had TTGL come out today, Sup Forums would say it's trying too hard to be ebin xDDD and they'd hate it because Reddit likes it because, shocker, sometimes a good show can have mass appeal.

It humiliated kyoanus, so yes.

it may even be the most popular anime of all time

>Sup Forums hipsters

Being a bkubfag, absolutely love it. I also love how animeonlyfags react so far.

Can someone explain this scene? I mean it references Pokemon, but where was the joke? The same happened in a lot of other scenes like with Berserk. For example the Your Name reference was played as a joke in the context, but these kinda aren't.

Well, Sup Forums?

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>Is this the most epic anime of all time?
You fucking bet

Gundam SEED is really fucking bad

best OP of the season
I'd be perfectly fine with never seeing it in the actual show

Newsflash, bkub reaction images are not imageboard exclusive.
>ironic weebs
You're using both the terms "Ironic" and "Weeaboo" incorrectly, please articulate yourself better in the future.

my god.

No, sorry user. The truth is that Pop Team Epic is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of bad jokes and 0 characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive lolsorandom faggotry and REFERENCES. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for wannabe normie ironic weebs who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The super-over-the-top characters all trying their hardest to be funny, the meme, the ugly as fuck designs, the whole self awareness 4th wall faggotry and everything about the Pop Team Epic world fuels their sense of self satisfaction for "getting" something that doesn't make any sense, while the meme jokes, the emphasis on references, and overall randomness of the series, make it fit just right with the terrible sense of humor of your average preteen and his confused irony towards the rest of the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and ironic weeb retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Pop Team Epic is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Pop Team Epic threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

I get that in the second half

In the context of the episode, they weren't actual skits, but just progressively random references, presumably to show that the simulation couldn't keep Popuko asleep anymore.

w-woah
wish i realized this sooner

>normais
noice, new buzzword

Yes

beef or chicken?

BEEF.

Watch as people completely ignore you and keep claiming the show is shitty reference humor. It's not worth it.

>Sup Forums is one person
see
retard

A rise of popularity is always a result of something new bringing something that has fallen out of relevance back into public view, which in turn sparks up new discussion. With new discussion, people who generally didn't get an opportunity to express an opinion that differed from the established, dominant one now get a chance to. You might be genuinely retarded if you can't understand this.

I just realized this is Tomoyo42's room made by a VGfag with original characters.

Hey, it's robot-loving old man.

Finding the 4koma references in the OP felt fun

>Actual time went into making this
>It's nearly a minute long but the point could made in less than half that time
>"this entire show" >ONE episode is out
>Horrid production
Imagine being *****THIS***** fucking buttblasted.

Just like listening it every 5 minutes. The most pleasant earworm I got in a meanwhile.

>chrono trigger skit
its the greatest anime of all time

>Horrid production
>Actual time went into making this
You can't complain about both. The less shitty the production the more time it takes. You're setting up your opponent with an argumentative catch 22 which is pretty fucking scummy.

>getting so mad about something that's ironically making fun of low quality reference humor
I love how ironic weebs don't get satire and get so buttblasted over pop team epic. Hours of some dude's life was put into making this.

>ironically making fun of
Irony is cancer on a level worse than whatever "referential humour" it may be making fun of.

Get a load of this joke: Dragon Quest reference

Isn't it absolutely hilarious?

Bkub only rose to fame thanks to Touhou. All his original series sucked ass and summed into random references and "lol so random XD". Not to mention the incredibly simplistic art style even by 4koma webcomic standards.

You bet that his fans are mostly touhoufags.

It's like I'm finding another little detail every time. Also I really dig the OP so it's been easy to rewatch

Satire is a valid form of comedy. Brainlets like you just can't understand it. Your IQ isn't high enough to read between the lines, that's all.

If you weren't a secondary, you would know that the 4koma is social commentary on the state of internet and real life media culture. You'll figure this out a few episodes in, though.

>最終予測累積ポイント Blu-ray:1301pt(残り日数18)
It's an epic flop too!

>Satire is a valid form of comedy
Which the millennial generation has been completely incapable of handling with the tact needed to make it work. Then again, I wouldn't expect you to understand this. The internet induced brain rot has damaged you to the point where you're completely incapable of basic human communication without resorting to shitty memes. You're a prime example of someone who was raised with social media as a substitute for a father figure. You're a fucking disgusting lowlife.

GRUGG LIKE VIDEO GAME
SHOW MENTION VIDEO GAME
GRUGG LIKE SHOW

>you would know that the 4koma is social commentary on the state of internet and real life media culture
Yu-Gi-Oh is a deep social commentary on gambling.

The bottom look cuter.

>tfw got the Skyrim reference
so this is what being a gamer feels like....

Good job user! You are really dumb but you try at least!

It's shit. It just doesn't work for 13 minutes, nevermind 24. It's like watching 13 minutes of ad breaks.

Is there any difference in the two halves besides audio?

HHHhHHheeehhhhh
BebBOBmemememem HiPPO had
GOKU EYESSSSss
HEHEHEAHAHEHHEHh
SEIYEN EYESSS AHAHHHAHHhhh
hhhEhhhhh

Is bkub the monty python of our time?

None.

I really doubt you got the reference

French part is subbed. And that's it I think?

The second half has subtitles for the French skit. Aside from that, I don't think there's anything else.

You're not welcome here

when is the next goddamn episode

1d 15h 33m

Sup Forums is tsun to Reddit
>s-so what if I know EVERYTHING you like? It's not like I wanted to know

I legitimately don't want to know. Personally I call those people "reddit scouts". The ones who want you to believe that they're not redditors themselves but still always know what's going on there. But they're the same thing, and they're a cancer.

>reference
>reference
>reference
>I am an evil corporation man and we are going to use references to appease the sheep and get tons of money
good thing this happened because I was worried they were being awful cancer unironically but it turns out they were just pretending.
and as everyone knows, that makes it okay.

You're not old enough to even know why Sup Forums typically considers that kind of humor cancer.
Did you even know that that's the kind of humor Sup Forums used to have a boner for a long time ago? Hmmm, I wonder what changed. It's almost as if it happened just because Sup Forums wanted to disassociate themselves with specific things and not actually because they were elitist humor critics, like everyone basically tries to be today.