Houseki no Kuni

>Euclase and Jade are the real brain of gems
Sensei is just a robot

What exactly is in Laphos's eye?
What is this "human particle" to be recognized as a full human being?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13Anm8_0UgY
youtube.com/watch?v=BcZMw-IYVcE
animebytes.tv/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=23523
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As much as I like this series it might be wise to go easy on the threads, there doesn't seem to be much to talk about until the next chapter drops.

the "human particle" was clearly intended to be a strand of DNA

They'll die out eventually.
I'm just waiting for an S2 announcement even though it's giving me a very deep appreciation of what the lunarians must feel like waiting for sensei to do his job

Its sperm.

Agree. Actually I dont care about chat threads and image posting, but I dread these threads turning like the absolute shitfest Tokyo Ghoul threads are.

HnK doesn't really seem like that kind of series, though. Plus, it's not as popular, for better or worse.

I wasn't kidding last thread. If there are any drawfags here, can I get a gembutt Mitty?

Each new thread is already moving slower than the previous one, and though discussion might not be going anywhere, the thread is still kinda civil and comfy I would say.

Nevertheless I agree to post less, just let me post another Euc.

Why do human particles make Phos feel sick?

humans smell bad

gems have no sense of smell

>2018
>Still thinking you can police threads
It'll die out when no one cares to keep making them, and then pick up again when there's something to discuss. There's no point in trying to fight it.

Morning sickness

There seems to be a mistake with chapters 5 and 6: 5 ends on pic related

And 6 properly begins on this page.

The immediate thing Phos can do for Cinnabar is BUILD A BETTER ROOM out of that cave.
jeeze it should be easy to at least carve out some basic room layout

Human sperm.
she got impregnated by it.

I occasionally lurk this thread to see if there's any announcement I might have missed. The closest thing to look forward to is the full OST release on the 18th. If the theory the manga ends on Chapter 108 is true, which is around 4 years from now, then I'd wager that we won't have Season 2 until next year. Season 3 will come 2 years after that, ending the series satisfyingly.

Can I ask for some .gifs? I've managed to gather 600+ HnK images and yet it is barren of gifs from the actual anime

this is the only one I saved from these threads.
I believe if you don't mind going to the site which-name-shall-not-be-mentioned-here you will get quite a few.

>does her absolute best as the Speaker even though the job seems to wear her out
>diligently gives reports to Sensei for headpats
>helps Rutile with her work even though Rutile bullies her
>was the only one to give Phos the benefit of the doubt even though Phos repeatedly trashes her for being a boring nerd
>goes as far as making it her job to wake Sensei up at the cost of always breaking her arms

Isn't Jade the most pure hearted gem? She really doesn't deserve to be bullied so much by everybody, 2D and 3D. I hope Jade gets vacation days where she can just sit on Sensei's lap and be lovingly repaired and headpatted by him until she falls asleep in his arms.

>If the theory the manga ends on Chapter 108 is true, which is around 4 years from now, then I'd wager that we won't have Season 2 until next year. Season 3 will come 2 years after that, ending the series satisfyingly.
I'd be okay with this.

jade exists for rutile to bully, and i wouldn't want it any other way

Jade has Euclase to share the burden.
They are the kindest and strongest pillars sustaining the gem society.

Pretty much this, I really wish the series was biweekly, it's not like there's drastic artistic detail on Berserk levels or anything.

But all that beta...

I really don't see how the manga could be prolonged that much, I feel like it's gonna end in 20 chapters at most.

You can wrap up a lot in 20 chapters with the pacing this manga has but I doubt Ichikawa would skip up on that sweet symbolism, it's looking likely that we'll go the full 108. There's still quite a lot to cover, especially if we get a long backstory arc on humanity before and around the time things went to shit and etc.

The 108 symbolism could wrap up to 108 years since the start as well, considering we're at 102 right now, it doesn't necessarily have to be chapters.

Reminder that we are 103 years in-story since the beginning of the series and the 108 could be that

I keep forgetting that key portion. Years skip by so fast in this manga though so I don't know, 25 or so chapters for 6 years..? I don't even care as long as all the remaining mysteries are gone over in depth and the character arcs wrap up nicely. It would be sad if it ended too soon though.

youtube.com/watch?v=13Anm8_0UgY

Are you making your own waifu, Sup Forums?

We're already at 102 years in story and we're already exploring the moon side of the conflict. Ideally there's only anywhere between 20 to 30 chapters left. Not only that but Phos is like 2 parts away from completing the 7 treasures I think? There's the carnelian and I think one more portion.
>Pearl Eye
>Lapis Head
>Gold/Platinum Alloy Arms/Skeleton
>Agate Shell Legs
>Phos torso and other parts left (could serve as a replacement for Emerald)
So really we're close to master scholar Phos.

I really don't see it ending soon, there are still so many unanswered questions, and answering them all in ~20 chapters would be extremely (and unnecessarily) rushed:
>Why isn't Sensei praying
>Professor's/Sensei's backstory
>6 meteors/moons and the end of humanity
>What is on the other moons
>Who is Aechmea
>Who is Cicada
Also the 7 treasures and other nuances I'm forgetting.

>thinking these will be resolved
babby's first mango

>rushed
The manga is 60 chapters long at the moment, you know. The moon infodump took what, 5 chapters?

ost when

god damnit I just realized I forgot to add something interesting to the last update. I wasn't planning on it playing a huge role in the story but it sucks I forgot it

any leaks yet

For the chapter? In a week at most

>In a week

The first two might be, the other are unimportant or can be answered with just a few lines.

I really hope we get Alex going nuts or moonies gem interactions. Although it said we were going back to the gems on the land.

The human particle is an abortion desu

daily dose
youtube.com/watch?v=BcZMw-IYVcE

*knock*

For anyone on animebytes:

animebytes.tv/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=23523

>He doesn't think it'll be resolved
Wew lad

>to share the burden
>stands to the side and smiles while Jade suffers

Euclase could probably very easily run things by herself but clearly has some sadistic pleasure watching Jade struggle.

My wife LaPhos is very cute

Why is 2d HnK so kino? I mean the CG wasn't that bad but you can't really compare it to 2d animation

I agree

I like the 3D better

because it was just a trailer/promo, and as such each frame of its animation probably got more work than it would have if the whole anime was made in 2d
I still prefer the 3d in any case

Your wife is a broken-down mess, why aren't you trying to help them?

Goodnight
Also the poster below me is a trashy lunarian degenerate, don't listen to what that tsuki cum says

Euc is best gem

Always knew Eucfags were moonies

>pic perfectly describes Lapisfags

LaPhos really needs to get the hair back on. I know the author is going for the androgynous look but fuck long hair was so cute.

What would she look like with Padparadscha's hair?

Euclase must have felt so bad, that Lapis was so hot and gave her so much trouble.

I don't see why dusting is such a big problem. There are plenty of slugs on the moon, getting dissolved then transferred into their shell it's possible to chisel it out then get rebuilt like Phos was.

She'd probably cut it extremely low to be honest, you saw how distracting Lapis hair was, Pads hair would be twice as worse. We need a drawfag though, LaPhos with Pads hair might be nice.

I never understood this theory. Snails would just eat mixed dust and have shells with mixed colors that still have to be separated and rearranged in order to reform the gems. It doesnt help at all.

Playing with the gems propierties like density or electromagnetism might be a better idea to put some order in that puzzle. But lets not even begin with the "repeated gems" issue.

It's like there's not hundreds to thousands of gems grinded into millions of pieces on the moon. The Admirabilis can't distinguish which gem is which either so they could be eating hundreds of gems without noticing it. If they categorized the shards it'd be possible to bring back the grinded gems, as of now though there's no way really.

The legs had no inclusions. That means gems turned into shells are DEAD!

There was agate without inclusions inside the shell when Phos got new legs. What if that is what happens when they eat the gem sand, as opposed to a single gem?

This theory is flawed because there's probably thousands of Lustrous dusted across the moon, so easily tens of thousands of shards. If the snails consumed random shards they wouldn't be able to bring back one gem in specific because there'd be too many gem properties at work. The worst that could happen would probably be those fucked gem mutants from SU but even though I doubt it.

Aechmea's order of things doesn't sound very convincing when he asks to be made nothing in order to bring dust back to gems.

They could just heat dust to room temperature to liquify Arcty at least.

I don't completely trust Aech. but I doubt he cares at this point. He wasn't hostile with Phos until she tried to attack him and in general was very hospitable. Of course if his hopes get dwindled he might lose his shit.

Or he grew that shell by being fed artificial grms.

>Go fix sensei so we can be prayed
>We'll fix Pad and the dusted lads while you work on that
The priority is to reach the afterlife, I doubt he minds doing something in the meantime. Getting prayed away is easily worth fixing all the dusted gems.

That could bring the despair to new peaks. Phos getting back her boyfriend but all the gems she convinced to go to the moon with her don't see their companions back, including Caern who is almost like a replacement in Phos's selfishness.

That'd be risky, heating the moon might affect the chemical properties of the other gems. If only they had a way to pinpoint specific gems so the slugs could get to work.

>thousands
>tens of thousands
FINELY GROUND DUST SO LIGHT IT FLOATS!
ENOUGH TO FORM SAND DUNES THAT COVER THE MOON ALL THE WAY TO THE HORIZON!
AT MINIMUM IT'S HUNDREDS OF TRILLIONS OF GRAINS EVENLY MIXED AND SPREAD ACROSS THOUSANDS OF ACRES!

Even the thought of attempting to sort that is insane. It would take a unimaginable amount of time to sort that, and that's ignoring
>some gems have complex multi-mineral structures
>there are many gems that have identical or very similar compositions
>after all this time a significant amount of dust could be underground, blown to the other side of the moon or back into space by meteor impacts, or otherwise destroyed
>SNAILS HAVE EATEN A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF THEM AND TURNED THEM INTO SHELLS

Does anyone buy the synthetic gem meme? It might just work for slight issues like filling up holes as seen with Pad, but having to create a whole body might malfunction.

There's one simple and effective way to bring all the dusted gems back.
crash the moon into the ocean

Including tons of slugs on the Moon right now would serve no purpose in the story right now if they didn't find a way to work around that. Even if the moonies get what they want and disappear, the slugs can still help them.

I really hope the ending isn't going to be something along the lines of every gem migrating to the moon with two Phos existing, one with the original phosphophyllite body and her patchwork suffering persona, saying this truly was the Land of Lustrous.

>after all this time a significant amount of dust could be underground, blown to the other side of the moon or back into space by meteor impacts, or otherwise destroyed
I think reading this one in specific hurt the most. Just imagine the gems who have been grinded for centuries now, just floating through space and are likely half way across the galaxy, fucking shit I hope Ichikawa didn't take this route. I don't exactly expect Phos to arrive on Earth again with thousands of restored Lustrous either but there needs to be some sliver of hope.

Not the whole moon, heavens, just heat the dust bucket by bucket. And it just needs heating to spring ambient temperature, which all the other gems are fine at (moon is cold, that's why Antarcty is still dusted).

>this truly was the Land of Lustrous.
Keikaku doori. I really expect LaPhos to lose all her memories at some point though, the torso might really kick shit into overdrive.

I've been wondering for awhile, is Aechmea a literal retard?
>Grinds gems up and tosses them on the moon to turn it into a star for ??? reason
>Puts slugs in captivity and sticks them on the moon as pets
>Said slugs consume the very gems you're using to shine the moon to shine their shells
What the fuck is the point?

I need to reread the mango, but how does the synthetic stuff work again? Aren't they essentially ripoffs with similar properties?

I don't know, I think the ending will involve them moving to the moon somehow with Phos as the new leader. I'm somewhat expecting an ending where the moonies can't be prayed away at the moment so they make a new society with all 3 species.

Whole synthetic gems don't work because they don't have human-born inclusions. They also tried mixing synthetic bodies with parts of "human" gems but that didn't work either, possibly because the gems' state of mind after being abducted to the moon and learning the state of their past companions simply made the gems unable to piece themselves together, quite literally, just like it's happening to Yellow and Alex.

Now, this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I personally believe that the story about just abducting gems and grinding them to dust might have been half a lie. While that idea fits right in the mind of a tortured soul, like the Lunarians, at some point they must have realized how special and valuable the gems as a whole are.

As angst filled as the Lunarians make themselves sound, they act really genki and seem energetic as fuck to be honest.

>2d animation
>posts stills
If it were 2d we would get no animation.

>X character's action have no clear explanation YET
>even with all the information given, fans can't figure out X character reasons behind his actions
>X character must be a retard
I'll never understand this.
there is always the chance that all of this, everything aechmea is doing and saying being confusing and seemingly with no clear purpose, is intentional from the author.
there's plenty of examples of media of any kind where the actions of a character seem to have no sense, go against what he's saying, and even seem random as fuck, only until the real reasons are revealed and everything makes sense, yet every single times something like this happens, people forget that it can be intentional and that the main goal is to actually make readers think it makes no sense.

Well, with Shiro we got introduced into the concept of "finally finding peace". We don't know about Sensei's motivation, but he may want the moonies to find peace themselves, because praying their soul away may just return them into the cycle of rebirth, as they are not enlightened souls but the worst of the scum who never got anybody to pray for them. But without a humanity that would just trap them forever, unable to ever move on.

Sensei is kind after all.

>at some point they must have realized how
I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly planning to make Lustrous pseudo humans to pray them away since they've been cultivating human particles in the lab. Who knows how that would effect the inclusions though.

Like every other dead inside person

Well of course he has more motives but his current goals of making the moon a star while placing slugs on the moon as well seems so pointless. I'm on the theory boat that the moon is secretly a satellite of some sort, plus there's the other 5 moons that have yet to be brought up so..

That makes sense. I don't understand how that worked with the game board but oh well. You just think the Lunarians would finally become "enlightened" after being on the moon for all these centuries. Maybe in order for them to become truly find peace, they have to communicate with the Lustrous. I still think the "they may want to become whole" shtick from Ventricosus might be important.

How would everyone react if they got rid of the CG and did actual animation for Season 2 ala Kemonoshit? I'd probably be kind of disappointed to be honest, this is the first time I've enjoyed CGI in an anime.

Ewklus... rabu...