Wow, I just can't believe how gorgeous this anime looks, AOTY right here. Are the other studios even trying...

Wow, I just can't believe how gorgeous this anime looks, AOTY right here. Are the other studios even trying? It's basically Blu-ray tier anime but for TV.
And yes, it was a bit slow, but who the fuck cares when it has such god tier art direction

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7pswml/why_you_should_not_tamper_with_violet_evergardens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a bit slow
Nigger they literally introduced her character, included some gore flashbacks to give a taste of her fucked up past and then presented her main goal in just one episode.

Gorgeous art but this filter and the blur are crimes against humanity.

Shitty generic "autist discovers the meaning of love" plot? Check.

Horrible shoehorned in melodrama? Check.

AOTY? Check.

They know what they're doing. My only problem with it is the damn gray filter that makes dark spots brighter.

It makes my eyes hurt, I think it's unnecessary. Especially since I saw how the original looked, and they put so much effort in it. It looked amazing, so I don't get this filter + blur choice.

>it was a bit slow, but who the fuck cares when it has such god tier art direction
No.

Anybody else ready for non stop shilling of this show while it airs, only for it to fade into obscurity after it ends?

That's the actual point.
It's an artistic decision and it looks great. I don't get why people hates it

Nigga did you miss the non stop AOTD threads since the pre airing? They don't even try to hide it.

Art is subjective so you kind of answered your own question.

Sorry to hear that, user. I personally prefer the filters and the blur instead of fish eyes.
Besides, VEG is in no way the only show this season that makes use of these after effects.

Uncultured plebs wouldn't understand. You simply lack the mental capacity to fully comprehend the boldness that is pain-stakingly drawing frames by hand to cover them up with a computers blur effect. Truly audacious in its highest form

How the fuck does kyoanus afford animating all these detailed characters? Why can't other studios do the same?

You mean all that ape shit shilling since the trailer?

Exactly why it got shitposted so hard upon arrival.

get your eyes checked user and learn how fish eyes work

If only you read EUROPE NOVELS then you would understand. Truly.

Basically.

Only Kyoani cares about anime

Simply because Kyoani makes timeless shows, making them appealing in any time. Other studios just make whatever garbage they can for a quick cash, and those shows usually get forgotten like 1 month after they finish airing.

It's a kyoani trademark. Most other studios treat their animators like dogs so you really can't expect this much from them.

It's largely on their scheduling and work conditions really. The production flow is super good.

Woooooow.
>such a first episode
I've seen shows do much, much more than that from five to ten minutes into the first episode. And you'd be surprised if I told you there were zero infodumps, zero spoonfed exposition or any rushing! Good writing is really amazing when you think about it!

>they know what they're doing
No, they don't.

They actually treat their animators like people.

>that horrible contrast on the second pics
Thank god the user responsible of those edits doesn't work at Kyoani

They're willing to put in a little money, time, and effort on something rather than cheapen it for more profit? idk

Autism girl is gonna get raped, attacked, or witness one of those 2 and its gonna trigger some war memories and shes gonna go berserk

>god awful contrast and jarred lines on the bottom ones
Yeah they do, mr.expert.

What a nice pic

What said. They don't make it rushed and since they're in control of their own work, the scheduling and production is reasonable.

It's doing pretty good in pre-order sales so far though, which probably means at the very least it won't flop and people will remember it.

>contrast
LOOK AT THIS DUDE

They use a lot of character close ups and then hide flaws in the background. Means they can have more facial detail than other studios but if you look at far shots they have the same low quality look any other anime will have.
It's why they tend to focus on more dramatic show rather than action series and tend to avoid large group shots. When they don't do these sort of shows you get different art styles that are a bit easier to draw like Kobayashi's.
Some people will get mad because they think I'm insulting kyoani but this is actually the reason why they can afford the character detail they do.

>dude filter lmao

Remember when people were bitching at how bad the fight scene looked?
Turns out it looked great, even the rifles breaking on impact were animated and the brightness was toned town.
It really makes you think huh.

Top image has no contrast, same settings as user's HSB settings, bottom has contrast adjustments.

>They use a lot of character close ups
So just like everyone else? Anime is literally 60% talking heads.

Anyone have good setting recommendations?

>no based sakuga blocks
It's shit.
but seriously that was some really nice animation sasuga kyoanus

They use it more often than other studios even if it's very prevalent in the industry. They also tend to use the same art style for their serious works which helps them save time while keeping detail at the cost of that kyoani face that has crept into their work in the last few years.
Again this isn't a terrible thing since you DO get higher quality art but everything has a price.

what a shit girl

Mine for MPC

Sorry I fucked up, that's another user's settings with Blender, pic attached is my own.

>same art style

>Kyoani makes timeless shows
KyoAnus makes shit shows. That's why they have to make their art so good, so people will think the show as a whole is good.

I know you got choked up with rage upon reading that but maybe try reading the full sentence?

So, the same two art styles. Why are kyoanusshills so thin-skinned?

>AOTY right here
>because it looks gorgeous
>No because it's good
As expected from KyoAni

Looking foward for the train hijack chapter where Violet goes full war vet having a PTSD relapse.

I honestly thought the Major raped Violet with those comments about her being a dog.

>They use it more often than other studios
That has nothing to do with kyoani and more with the stuff they decide to adapt. I don't blame shaft for 20 minutes of talking heads and 3 of random action. That's just comes with trying to adapt nisio stuff.

Why is it always foggy in Passionatelyland? Yes, Leidenschaftlich means "passionately".

>same art style
Nice meme.

I know right

what MPC settings are these?

Right but look at kyoanis differences between their shows. Nichijou and Maid Dragon while both still looking good don't have the same level of detail as something like Evergarden.
The hyper defensive people on here will never admit it but there's reasons outside of artistic choices. Kyoani is skilled but they aren't magic they have to find corners to cut here and there.

God, I fucking love Natsuki so much.

Do not reply to fatefags.
Hide fatefag posts.

If anyone wants to cringe:
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7pswml/why_you_should_not_tamper_with_violet_evergardens/
>redcucks are defending this

Nichijou and maid dragon manga have simple character designs and are comedies. So theres was no reason to make a complex looking anime.

How autistic are you that you spent all that time working on that picture? You could've been watching your backlog.

They also both have far more animation than the more serious anime kyoani has done. Maybe there's a practical reason for that?

No we won't. We can take a joke.

Yeah because they're adapting stuff. Maid dragon have dragon fighting with each other so you get some action scenes. Hyouka is a mistery novel so you get people talking.

/r/etards being retards. More news at 11.

Why do people on the internet still unironically use food analogies

I think somewhere along the way you missed my point.

Are we supposed to know the major is already dead? Did Kyoani hijack a story they said was so amazing yet again?

reminder that violet wants to know what love is

>tfw though reddit couldn't go any lower
>it does
>again
boi

They always do.

Nice pic. Saved.

Maid Dragon had plenty of detail in things like Kanna's clothes and the dragon designs.

>"how amazing it looks after a small contrast change" when no it doesn't look amazing at all. It looks washed out and bland
>looks washed out and bland
Do these fucks read what they write?

You've got no idea what you're talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

>As a professional wedding and event photographer who edits 100.000+ photos every year, I have some things to say about all of this
I couldn't give a shit who you are.

Stop forcing this you fucking autistic manchild.

I honestly can't tell if the OP is making a parody of the kind of people who watch KyoAni shows.

But yes, KyoAni shows are made from the ground up to appeal to teenagers and socially retarded otaku men who want to fall in love with drawings of bishoujos.

I'm sorry but what exactly is your point? How are they cutting corners if they're simply adapting a source material?

I feel like most of reddit is swayed more by italics and emboldening than actual logic.

violet is voiced by nier's 2b
the voice actress may use this emotionless tone

>Did Kyoani hijack a story they said was so amazing yet again
Since K-On's success, I think they went overboard with this kind of scheme

>KyoAni shows are made to appeal to Sup Forums
Nice insight.

>But yes, KyoAni shows are made from the ground up

no, it's based on the novel
despite some people may not like the story, they all agree the animation is great

Nothing in your post refutes any of my points.

>otaku men
>who want to fall in love with drawings of bishoujos
You almost had something and then lost it. Get off the board, MALfag

>Filtered with VSCO tier shit
I can live with that, at least the "camera" work is done well
>Base stupid what is love story
I'm ok with it, it's like a romantic story for little girls
>MC is someone quirky but loved and will grow to be a great whatever bean
I can live with YA tier MCs
>Music is nice but compressed as fuck
Well, with subs I can make out what they say

It's so mediocre in so many ways but I'm enjoying it, especially the threads.

I love when some faggots make collages to show MINUTE differences and don't know what overall style means.
Sure, one is a bit bluer than the other, and one has tsurimerer eyes than the other, but you can tell very, very easily that it was made by kyoani.
In fact, if this were not the case, a lot of people wouldn't easily say "the kyoani style" and recognize it immediately.
I don't see why it makes you guys so mad when it's in fact a good point.

Are you saying we shouldn't be happy, user?

>socially retarded otaku men
What about the socially retarded otaku women?

>nips make eyes cover 30% of a character's face
>minute differences

Here's your (you) fag

Less detail then what we get in works like Evergarden or Koe no Katachi though even though they have more complex designs at a base level.
Go back and read the initial post I replied to. I'm explaining how they afford to animate and detail the characters. They're using the art style of the series they're adapting to find corners to cut and make animating it easier and more affordable. Kyoani is just good at this but everyone else does it too.
This is normal animation technique information. I don't understand how people like can get so upset about it.

Look at your post and then look at the guys posting random pictures. Who is mad again?

>thick upper line
>same round irises with identical highlights
>same eye to face proportion for the most of them
Say what you want, but their designs are very similar because it's easier to animate this way and is more recognizable as a brand thing. Compare it to any other prolific studio like Madhouse for instance, and you'll see that KyoAni doesn't have much variety in comparison.

Sorry but I still don't get your point. Maybe I'm just retarded but what corner were they cutting while animathig this? Adding talking heads in the rest of the episode? Novels tend to be dialogue heavy.

nice

Quints of 5 don't lie.