Why did Maidragon flop?

Why did Maidragon flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2017/11/02/films/kyoto-anime-studios-dedication-nuturing-talent-leads-big-screen-magic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because KyoAni are greedy jews that have unreal prices for BDs. It's why Nichijou flopped as hard as it did too.

>yurishit
thats why

Because it was shit

It didn't? 3.5k DVD/BD + merchandise, it didn't do great but it at least broke even.

I love this show

Everything flops.

Because it was fucking terrible

Prove it flopped (aside from Lucca's breasts).

tips fedora the animation

No S2

It was mediocre outside of the production values were decent.

There have been countless shows that did better than Maid Dragon which never got a season 2. And many shows that did worse that did get a season 2. There are many factors to an anime getting new seasons, from the source material to merchandise sales to the team working on it.

Try again.

One punch man sold a shitton and still it took over a year for a season 2 announcement
Give it time.
Kobayashi a cute btw

It broke even though.

Literally no plot and yuribait SoL shit.

I'm pretty sure I saw plenty of plot, though the best girl had none.

>One punch man sold a shitton and still it took over a year for a season 2 announcement
They still haven't even MADE a season 2.

It was a product truly ahead of its time and the only 10/10 I've ever gave. Sadly, it seems like the world wasn't ready for such masterpiece.

because it was a bad anime

Because shows that sold better that season (Konosuba, Youjo Senki) were simply much better.

Reminder that the gap between S4 and S5 of Natsume Yuujinchou was 4 years. Just give it time.

>only 10/10 I've ever gave
that last episode alone was worthy of an entire point deduction

>no plot and yuribait SoL
you say that like its a bad thing

Kemono friends basically steam rolled over any anime that was airing

Because no dragon or half-dragon forms. Catgirl shit is trash, people want something closer to dangerously cheesy on the furry spectrum these days.

Then why is it kill?

You know the saying the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

T-That's what I tell the ladies...

>took over a year for a season 2 announcement
That's because they needed time for the manga to progress

Be patient, these things take time.
JC staff has to digest all the fanboy tears and manga chapters as well as prepare their collective asshole to shit out the putrid, writhing mass that will be OPM season 2.
Hope everyone is excited for the tournament arc in slideshow form

Lack of fanservice

Why do normies love this show so much, especially Kanna?

>3.5k is breaking even

C'mon, I'm a fan of this show but this is asinine.

The Power of MOE!!!

Because it's not from Kirara magazines.

Manabi Straight was said by the producersto have broken even with 3k~ discs sold, and that was during a time where discs were way more important.

Why the manga shows nipples whike the anime isn't? I want to see lucoa's uncensored glorious nipples animated.

yurishit and tumblrite target audience

Because it was entirely predictable and failed to make any level of lasting impact beyond /ss/ implications.

Because you keep making the exact same thread over and over.

CHU CHU YEAH

WITHOUT JEWS

Those sales breaking even are more related to Kyoani's production polices how 3.5k. Moreover, it was over middle-of-the-road compared to other shows during that season.

It didn't added anything new to a over saturated genre, and it came out in the same season that Gabriel Dropout, a show that at the very least had a great cast of character.

she knows de way.

cause it's boring af and pedobait

S2 can literally not come soon enough

because
>the only reason you didn't die was because you were so contrarian and inexperienced that you don't think the existence of God is plausible

Aired in the same season as Kemono Friends, Attack on Titan and Tanya's Saga of Evil.
But really, it sucked to any other anime in the same season as Kemono Friends

yuri

>Kemono Furfags
>implying anyone except soyboys on Sup Forums liked that crap

define "soyboy", because i'm pretty sure actual soyboys dislike KF due to it's 3DCG animation.

>t. I watch only pirated torrents so it wasn't because of me

If you watch moeshit, you are a soyboy, PERIOD.

Average cost of an anime series is $2M, and this show had 13 + OVAs. Probably puts them at $2.5M production.

Series only generated $1.6M in revenue. Who knows what percentage of the cut retailers took.

Gabriel did similar.

Gas yourself back to

Threadly reminder that Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidoragon was a fucking brilliant, fun series with a fantastic cast of characters, and every episode was an unbridled delight.

Apparently some faggots on Facebook or Reddit or whatever also liked it, so it's easy to spot the Anons who frequent that kind of shit-hole, because they all now come on here and pretend not to like this series.

Did it? I loved it.

Because you're a silly dumb salesfag.
I wish flop was an auto-ban word around here.

Because Jimi exposed his private parts on stream.

>Series only generated $1.6M in revenue.
Source?

Season 2 of the manga has oppai loli

How many times do we have to say that it didn't? It averaged over 3k in disc sales, so while it wasn't a runaway hit, that couldnbe considered average at worst. Also, it was apparently a streaming hit in China and other places, and the merchandise and manga sales were good too. A blockbuster hit? Of course not. But it's not a flop either.

It didnt show Kibayashi magical Girlpenis

I barely made it one episode of this trash. It was one of the most retarded things i have ever seen. A drunk dyke convinces a dragon to be her maid. What a fun idea. I thought. I was so wrong.

Yurishit that tried to push some gay family dynamic. Also the "loli" is normalfag/ironic anime fan bait to the extreme. Also the jokes weren't very funny.

Worst part of the show was the dragons. It could've been one of the best kyoani shows if not for that stupid shit with different worlds and factions and shit. That was just a distraction and ultimately pointless.

It could have been written well. The dynamic between the main three character and even her friend and the evil dragon was good, but god DAMN did the shouta jokes and giant breasts dragon get old

Found one:

>I'm from reddit or facebook if I don't like your shitty yurifag comedy show
Kill yourself, /u/.

But you did like it. You're just pretending not to.

Are you sure you even watched it? There wasn't any yuri. Saikawa orgasms don't count.

mah nigga

>it flopped

What kind of mental gymnastics is this?

>bait
It's literally a rainbow family without explicit sexuality on camera.

I watched the first episode and dropped it because it wasn't very funny. Also I don't like gay dragons.

Doesn't take much gymnastics to repost the same thread over and over again.

well shit.
Now I want that.

Boring garbage.

>Kyoani animates flop dragon
>Shat animates the best selling franchises in the industry
>Kyoani still makes more money
How?

Better finance management perhaps?

sweatshop labor

Kyoanus is actually one of the few studios that pays their animators in yen instead of ramen cups.
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2017/11/02/films/kyoto-anime-studios-dedication-nuturing-talent-leads-big-screen-magic/

well I'll be

Not really, it's maid, as the title says, girl and daughter

Good guy Kyoani

Probably a combination of how Monogatari is an extremely tired franchise at this point and Kyoani's low-impact production philosophies. Also Free! and Hibiki continue to somehow passively make shittons of money. On a side note, is there a breakdown like this for 2017?

Not enough filters

Apocalyptic bringers of ruin are not allowed to be this soft.

Iruru best girl

>how many levels of new are you on

>Yurishit that tried to push some gay family dynamic
How is this a bad thing?

It didn't.
>muh sales
It was one of the most popular anime of the year

Producing shitty shows without substance shouldn't net you any money. Thank God it flopped.

This has been the most popular normie attracted moe show, since K-on or Nichijou. How the fuck is it a flop?

I know fuckin stacies who have watched this anime.

Cringe.

Popularity in the west doesn't mean a damn thing.
What matters is that the japanese audience buys the BDs.

It was popular in Japan too. It's got a shit ton of fanart. It was popular. The end.