Batoto closure

So guys, there's about a week left before a huge source of scanlations goes under.
Are there gonna be any alternatives ready to go? Or are we regressing?

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/group/_/t/tribuo-scans-r5350
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why does he has a nigger name?

Maybe he doesn't want his real, white, name being associated with chinese comics.

Because choosing a name taken from a condiment seems like a good idea when you're a teenager.

>waaah i'm too retarded to use free blog sites like tumlr or blogspot to post there download links to my scans

It's a mustard name

Don't fuck with mustard.

>Its closure is killing of scanlators too
I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't think Sup Forums is your place to be.

>like tumlr

GET OUT!

Dumb fucking faggots. That retard cries because he has no place to upload. Shitlr is a good platform, who gives a fuck if retards post there too. Nobody forces you to go to the xOtherkin-soyboyx.tumblr.com when you want to download new chapter from mangascans.tumblr.com. I bet you hate your favorite manga/anime because it got popular. Gas yourself hipster niggers.

Dind't you hear they took the announcement down. Batoto isn't going anywhere.

Let's be fair here, compared to making an account on Batoto and uploading scans there, maintaining a separate website (and the download links), which will be rarely visited, is a waste of time.

The front page announcements expire after a few days. It's still closing.

>Yfw you have to go back to manually check everyone of the series you're reading for updates instead of having Batoto do it for you.

>Tribuo

Good riddance. I'll keep Mikakunin alive, I've been waiting for this day.

Just shut the fuck up already

What manga was the fucker scanlating?

Not until a suitable replacement is created.

Bakaupdates does the updates for you if that's all you want.

I might as well ask here. Can somebody link me to the madokamisektric club pastebin for the status updates?

bato.to/group/_/t/tribuo-scans-r5350

So now our only escape is XDCC?

there is no escape
anyone who was on irc before is still going to be in the future

We upload manga to sadpanda now.

Obviously, the solution is to bring back onemanga. And when that goes down again bring back batoto.

Dropped Myuu & I, dropped Hero-Sama, How is the Water?

Fuck this guy.

>Not having a RSS reader with there RSS feeds in there.

when to madokami open registrations again please help

>XD
get out.

Works like a charm.

Chapters came at a glacial pace anyway.

pls

>sjw site closes
Thanks god?

Why don't you guys start working around something like win-o-threads?
maybe you can work something steady enough to get the attention of a bunch of scanlation groups.

There will be new scanlators and those will adapt.

god i wish it were that easy but publishers dont have epeen like scanlators

Sup Forums does, but on Tuesday though.

What? Like 10%, 20% at best of all manga gets licensed. And that's not counting all selfpublished manga.

>10%, 20%
You're off by a few magnitudes

Being generous. Although lately yanks have been licensing some more nicher stuff.

>redditard scanlators who can't into mediafire are already closing down
Good

>Manga gains a decent amount of popularity through batoto
>Now it's closing down
welp
fuck

Does the author stll not want money for his furries?

Does this honestly need to still be mentioned every time?
If the funding project for an English translation is successful
He's focused on publishing Dakini physically right now

He tainted his name with stupidity for quite a while, I'm afraid. I still keep Pandemonium in my to read list though.

Who cares?
People who gave a fuck will go back to how it has been before all of these quality of life pages popped up.
You go to mangaupdates, go the the scanlator's website, and download the release.
People like the fag who posted that note simply sought a way out and are using this as an excuse now.

>He tainted his name with stupidity for quite a while, I'm afraid.
He barely even has a name for himself.
Sup Forums is just autistic, really.

Scanlators especially ones with teenagers in it tend to have massive ego than actual publishers that can issue DMCA.

True. But not as authistic as the mangaka. He was praised for the Wizard Village quite a lot though.

Simply untrue, but whatever. Dakini is actually good, but people would rather focus on the negative shit. I've pretty much stopped talking about it on Sup Forums because every time I do this exact thing happens.

i just want xdcc as standard back
or fservs i guess would be okay but probably excessive

>simply sought a way out
They don't need "a way out", they can just quit updating one day. Plenty of groups have done this.
>People who gave a fuck will go back to how it has been before all of these quality of life pages popped up.
Here's the thing: the quality of life pages were good. Not perfect, but good. Batoto increased the number of scanlations, it increased the image quality of easily available scanlations, and while it wasn't perfect, it was good while it lasted.

What happened to Sup Forums's plan?

IRC is a reliable way to get shit, but fuck me would I rather not have to. Download queues were literally slower than dial up. I remember Do You Like Horny Bunnies? taking several fucking days to download.

>Batoto
>Good
It might have been good at one point but it degraded hard

irc's been quiet for days now, though pantsudev is starting to code on github.

Torrents and ipsf meme.

It was still good.
Not perfect, due to bad actors among the moderation, but good.

They were honestly never that slow for me. With episodes in particular you can start watching before it's fully downloaded, which is one particularly nice benefit. I think you could do that for chapters too but you'd have to reload them due to the way my reader worked.

The whole point is to have a centralized location to get everything.

theres nothing wrong with either of those. the concept works well enough for sadpanda

IPSF doesn't scale well with the size of data they're going to be feeding out.

> Batoto is closing just when the Idolmaster cake manga starts to be translated there.

It's not fair

>CGshit
Good riddance.

You have already regressed, spazzing out over a random online reader.

Even here metafag, Really!?

CG is the cancer that killed im@S soul.

Few dumb exceptions aside, batoto allowed scanlators to host manga in original resolution. This worked fine.

>If you exclude the bad, it was good
Thanks captain obvious

Ended up as Mangafox with torrents

>im@s
>soul

this guy sounds like a literal retard.

Why are scanlators such fragile pieces of garbage?

Even being generous, you do no comprehend the sheer amount of manga that gets released in Japan. Less than 5% of it gets translated in any form.

We can't help it, it's our ego.

The site that was made as an alternative the last time a big supply of manga went down is still there.

>Shitlr is a good platform

To begin, no because they can close your account due to "posting illegal content" so you can end up with nothing and more important, that puts you in direct contact with Tumblrinas, might as well post it on Twitter to the same effect.

>tfw the only manga I've been reading in years is OPM
Manga fucking sucks outside of where the anime ended 9/10 times. Very rarely do you get a Rosario Vampire out of Jap comics

>why are people who translate cantonese doodles for attention such fragile pieces of garbage

Scanlators don't use it and you can't expect every manga to be read by people who upload to madokami. And before you bring up scraping from kissmanga, kissmanga scraped from Batoto.

Because people who do work for others on the internet are massive powertripping faggots 90% of the time.

Sounds like you're just a casual faggot, honestly. Especially if the one thing you're reading is a generic action series.

>Sup Forums
Because they did such a great job with pantsu, right?

>Scanlators don't use it
Well now that Batoto is down, they may as well start.

watari kun

Not to mention the layout works terribly for manga.

Scanlators can't into madokami.

Also casuals don't give a shit about downloading, and with how much of attention whores scanlators are they won't be uploading to a platform that doesn't give them the illusion of a massive audience

>Watari-kun
Well shit. I hope someone else pick it up

No one can start using it if no one can sign up for it.

On that note, I've seen a number of licensed series that were only ever uploaded to Madokami, so I sure hope there's a backup of that somewhere in case it goes down, because otherwise we might lose those permanently.

See

what are good RSS feeders?

>Sup Forums
>making backups

Not an argument. Batoto owner bends over to any DMCA.
And i doubt that tumblr staff are going to ban your literallywho manga scans. I saw shitton of blogs there with illegal content that exist for more than a half of the decade.
>might as well post it on Twitter to the same effect
Twitter compresses every picture and crops it if it's too big so you'll have to open twit and open picture to fully view it.
>Not to mention the layout works terribly for manga.
IIRC you can have custom css theme in tumblr

And I thought user I replied to didn't comperehnd it. Nice, no other industry makes me happier.

fucking neck yourself

> And i doubt that tumblr staff are going to ban your literallywho manga scans
Wasn't there a whole shitstorm about two years ago because some fansubbers started a retarded war of reporting each others' tumblrs to some anti-piracy group that got them all shut down? I remember that being the reason Senketsu ragequit and possibly launched that big DDOS on nyaa (I can't remember if we ever figured out if that was really Senketsu's doing or not).

Do you know how CSS works? It can do a lot, but it can't fix tumblr.

scanlators want people to read their work, most people don't know how to access secret club

>kissmanga scraped from Batoto.
looks like they will be scraping off mangareader, who scrapes off mangafox, who scrapes off madokami from this point on.

Not their fault that (((they))) came and ruin it.