LOL

LOL

>LOL

what kind of company is this

EA's mobile freemium subscontracters.

This is why I don't want to work in any kind of gaming company.

They somehow made a worse show than Isekai Smartphone. Incredible.

I though it was Kongou from the thumbnail

>worse
That's called secondary Prisma Illya

Most boring debut ever. There's a shit ton of content out too in the LN and there's really no reason why the anime needs to be so slow paced.

>Lvl. 1
>grazed by an arrow from a Lvl. 40~50 Lizardman
>doesn't die instantly

Holy shit, what is this scaling?

Pretty sure the arrow has to hit, not graze.

Kusoge devs. Not even once.

>episode 1
>MC wipes out an entire army
>reaches max and basically becomes a living god
Does this mean it's comfy sailing from here on out?

>160cm
IMAGINE

I unironically love these shows just to see how the rest of the western anime fandom gets so autistic and mouth-frothingly mad at it.

by western fandom you mean Sup Forums or the rest of the western world?

You mean like how his rock didn't instantly kill the wyvern?

What’s the point of levels if a 280 level difference isn’t significant enough to instantly kill an enemy?

Isekai Smartphone is actually very good despite the stupid premise. You should try watching it one day.

>getting mad at kuso-kai
Yeah, nah. It's called "getting baffled with a rinka-dinka-culuous powertrip fantasy".

Let's be honest here. "Throw rock" is probably a skill that only deals a set amount of damage regardless of your level.

They're literally just the average fantasy show most of the time, with game elements every so often. I don't get what makes casuals so pissed off at their existence.

>set amount of damage
>tears through a wyvern's wings

I want to the show to be less of this trash and more of that comfy as fuck ED.

Maybe the stat bonus from leveling is additive? If it is then he was just 10X stronger or a bit more than the wyvern, so it's feasible the stone wouldn't have 1-hit ko'd it. But yeah the show is kinda retarded anyway. I mean, they spent a ridiculous amount of screentime on him being working at a black company, when they could've got the point across much quicker.

or maybe he didn't aim correctly.

>I mean, they spent a ridiculous amount of screentime on him being working at a black company, when they could've got the point across much quicker.
>implying this wouldn't be AOTS if it was actually about slave game devs being overworked to death just to release a really shit mobile game
Nigga.

He hit the dragon's wing, not its head.

It’s a fucking MMO, you can bet the devs never specified damage based on where you’re hitting the enemy.

it's not an mmo, it's a parallel world you dingus.

Yeah, with all of their MMO elements carried over except for the ones that would make contextual sense.

the mmo thing is his special ability, arisa has a lesser version of that. She levels up during birthdays too, weird huh?

Did they do anything interesting with all that screen time?

No

All they did was set up his background as a programmer at a black company, and set up for the missing guy to be relevant later. They could've done that in at least a fifth of the time they took.

Even if it was about slave game devs, they wouldn't execute it well, so they might as well take a premise that's easier to do, like isekai.

The thing I hated is the guy sounded so complacent.

Wake me up when the harem is finally here.

See you in a fortnight, user.

The fact that neither the MC nor the dragon died when they were hit in non-vital body parts proves you wrong.

People get mad when a genre is popular and spammed
Same thing happened with battle harems

It's also a very cookie cutter genre which makes early parts more boring

The fact that this show and isekais using MMOs as their basis but not actually committing proves to me that this genre is shit. Even Log Horizon didn’t do it right, for all that it’s praised for it.

Someone else's show doesn't have to obey your autism

No shit, otherwise they wouldn’t get the teenage audience they want to actually watch it if it followed the logical paths of an MMO.

>critical miss

>No shit
so your complaint is baseless?

IF it was a critical miss the rock would have hit him instead, full force.

Isekai isn't a genre, it's a plot element. Unless you're telling me that Isekai Shokudou and Sword Art Online are the same thing.

>What are dramatic visual effects?

>genre: a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.
>subject matter

>using MMOs as their basis but not actually committing
What if this MMO in particular has damage based on body parts? Just because most of them are lazy it doesn't mean they all are.

personally I'm very fond of the anime genre

>still thinking it's an MMO
you're not backing down from this, are you.

Yes, you can have multiple layers of genre and sub-genres. Good job, user, you're learning.

>when is the next shieldbro manga chapter?

Isekai was actually fun though. Guy literally had a legit harem half-way through and was fine with it.

Well considering the korean scans are already out, probably by the end of the month. you should probably ask the scanlation team in charge of that instead of me though.

What I mean is that the game MC was transferred to might have had that kind of damage, which would explain everything that happened this episode.
It's certainly a more plausible option that "ah it's shit because all MMOs work like this but the anime doesn't".

i thought you were the one considering your name.

thanks anyway user

And given the fact that Isekai Shokudou is completely different from SAO despite both belonging to the isekai genre, hating all isekai-type shows just because they're isekai is stupid.

It's not even a game he had been transported to, it's a parallel world with magic and shit. The title itself says so: Deathmarching to the parallel word rhapsody!

Nailed it.

No matter how much you repeat yourself SAO ain't isekai.

If he weren't, wouldn't he just have quit long ago?

A parallel world based on a (or two) game, as far as the first episode implies.

Yes, user, a parallel world based on a game.

Okay then, replace SAO with Konosuba. Doesn't change anything about what I just said.

Just because it's based on it doesn't mean it has to adhere to ALL the things that come with a game. That's why the arrow didn't kill him from a grazing him, and why the wyvern was ok even though the rock tore a hole through his wing membrane. Besides i'm pretty sure his AR thing is an ability exclusive to him, it's been a long time since i read it.

Speaking of konosuba, dat get.

This show is garbage and I would like to see anybody try to step up and defend it.

It's mid-level. Not the best but not the worse. There, defended.

5/10 it was ok.

It seems fun and I'm liking it so far. That's my entire defense.

And you're fine with consuming a show so mind-numbingly generic that it hurts?