If you wanted your children to grow healthy, what anime would you make them watch?

If you wanted your children to grow healthy, what anime would you make them watch?

>forcing your entertainment taste onto your children

Mob Pscho 100, good lessons about self improvement, differences in abilities, not simply being taken advantage of and bros before femsaitamas.

Id make them read. Actual books.

Nourin

>wholesome anime with a good message
ONE confirmed good guy

Elfen Lied, Deadman Wonderland, and Tokyo Ghoul

It will have a scientific role model from the professor. It will be funny and will teach them about the beauty of everyday happiness.

I remember my dad made me watch King of Thorn when I was in middle school. Not sure why, he wasn't even big on anime.

Sure gave me a /d/-tier fetish though.

>forcing your shit taste onto children
That's cruel and unusual punishment and there are laws against that, user.

SoL so they could learn to act like a hip anime girl.

I'd want them to grow to be successful, responsible, and decent people so I'd show them nothing, and spare them from the fate I had. Of course, it's not like I'll have kids anyways, given where I am.

Everything KyoAni. They're all good and have no negative teachings to them.

None. What a stupid question.

Would you rather have your kid cosume whatever random shit TV stations or youtube trending puts in front of them or stuff you've selected yourself because you think it's good ?

Totoro

>or stuff you've selected yourself because you think it's good
Why does it have to be anime?
Why does it have to be "random"?

Assuming I do care for that child, allowing them to consume anything at random is a non sequitur.

>Why does it have to be anime
>Expect my child to consume the pure unfiltered shit that is western comic and animation

Yeah no

Why does it have to be either anime or western comic and animation?
There are other options, user. Don't be so close-minded.

>Why does it have to be either anime or western comic and animation
Kids and cartoon are associeted with eachother

>There are other options

Like?

I wouldn't.

>your children

Good idea. That'd make them eat vegetables.

>your children
>your
>children

Hokuto no Ken
Ashita no Joe
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Macross
Gundam

Alfred J Quack and Moomins.

Old stuff I watched when I was a kid like YYH, DBZ, Gundam, etc. Then he/she can make his own choices.

>Kids and cartoon are associeted with eachother
It doesn't mean, because they're associated with each other, that those are the only options.

>What other options could there possibly be?
Children's books which could help them practice reading?
Colouring books? Drawing?
Actual bed time stories which are not limited to bed time.
Myths and legends of the country from which they're from or others.
Or if they're too young to grasp the concept of a book, nursery rhymes. Though, if they're too young to grasp the concept of a book, they're too young for anime and western comic and animation as well.

>Why does it have to be anime?
It doesn't, I answered anons who were talking about forcing their "taste" in general
>Why does it have to be "random"?
Because you don't make the TV programs or chose what is the latest craze on youtube. You can try to regulate it in part but if you expose them to outlets you don't control because you don't want your taste to affect them, what they're gonna see is random.

>Children book

Shitty ass drawing with shitty ass story, waste of money. Fuck no

>Colouring books? Drawing?

Color in the manga

>Actual bed time stories which are not limited to bed time

Let them watch some Hyouka, guarantee sleep like a log

>Myths and legends of the country from which they're from or others

It is optional, they are gonna repeat that shit over and over in school anyway. Only the bestest best refined taste in my household

>You can try to regulate it in part but if you expose them to outlets you don't control because you don't want your taste to affect them, what they're gonna see is random.
Maybe my issue is that I'm talking about children below 5-6yo and you're not.
If they're 10 and above, the values that the family has nurtured in them should be doing the "controlling" for me. If we've managed to teach the child that there are certain types of programs that are 'inappropriate, stupid, harmful' and so on, then I can safely let them browse whatever outlet they want.
I am aware that they will show interest in whatever is pointed out to be bad or inappropriate but if they look it up and consider that it is more or less what I've told them, then I don't have a thing to worry about.

It's all about trust. If they trust my views, they might share them.