Dr. Stone 42

readms.net/r/dr_stone/043/4813/1

As usual, great chapter

THE VILLAGE SYMBOL WAS A ROCKET ALL ALONG

CUTE
U
T
E

The village was founded by astronauts returning from space who weren't stoned because they weren't on Earth I take it?

>the reporter creaming herself in the right

Seems like it yeah

Why is Ruri such a slut?

>one piece
What did he mean by this

Im just curious how its lasted for 3700 years without any real advancements or issues.

Senku's dad did a bad job with the village.

Yeah.

And I am to believe that this village is like 3,700 years old without and progress.

Repopulating is almost impossible, villages with that small of a population plateau after a while

>almost 4000 years old
>still a fucking village
>no technological advancement or whatsoever despite being found by scientist
>no language d/evolution
Yeah, sure.
4 thousand years of inbreeding doesn't sound good at all.

I think it was more along the lines of him returning and freaking the hell out over everybody suddenly being stone, searching for years attempting to find his son, then settling at an older age and having tons of inbreeding.

You think his dad saw the origin of the explosion from space?

>3700 years later.
>Still has a relatively small population.
>Still hasn't discovered even simple metal working.
>Height of fashion is barbarian ragged tunics with rope knots.
>Cuisine is just basic cooked meats and vegetables.
>These are the descendants of literal rocket scientists and pilots.

I don't think his Dad actually had more children.
More like founded the village but it was really more of a station at the time and he was searching for people unaffected by whatever happened until he died.

At most they were 2 or 3 people, just imagine the amount of inbreeding there was, plus it's kinda hard to engineer stuff when you are busy fucking surviving in a world with no technology and fucking lions preying on you

I'm holding out for better explanation. 3,700 years of stagnation is really, really fucking jarring even by shonen manga standard.

It was mentioned a couple of times that there is more villages out there than just this one. They originally think Senku is an exile/criminal from one when he first turns up.

They returned form space, astronauts with all their knowledge and the village still looks like shit?

Eh, if we are to assume that Senkuu's father started with the pristess thing which the 100th story's title hints, the first person to tell the 100 stories about would be his (new) daughter.

What is Africa

I wonder if he can continue the inbreeding

Africa didn't start off with Astronauts, who are no slouches intellectually or physically.

This twist is outright retarded and can make or break this manga if not properly explained. What is an acceptable explanation for their lack of progress be?

Inbreeding made them retarded.

Maybe his father or the crew were scared of scientific progress that made all humans into stone and didn't pass down shit in science?

The only explanation I can think of that won't piss me off is he founded the village with people he found and taught them how to survive in the wild, but then left to search for his son intentionally avoiding anything science-related. It's still dumb, but I'd prefer it to the "lost knowledge" view I can see them doing.

Father was affected by stonefication, but because of big distance it wore off sooner.

Holy shit that page quality is garbage, even for mangastream standards. What the fuck happened?

Maybe the astronauts got turned to stone later?

maybe the astronauts where turned to stone so the village may be new. maybe they could send only two persons back to earth and shit like that so they decided to send the daughter and son that ishigami had with an other astronaut while in space. then they started the village and passed on their bedtime stories as the 100 legends. may sound retarded to not send two rocket scientists but it may be one of those "even if humanity will be fucked I have to save my child" kinda thing

Even without the founders passing anything down over 3000 years is a good deal of time to recover and discover things naturally. Especially since the world didn't completely go to shit and get overrun by nature and decomposition and stuff right away.

>i literally read it as leg-ends and was confused as fuck for over a minute
Is this a typesetting failure or am i just retarded?

they could as well all went down to earth but all the adults died immediately or something and the only thing the under aged where left with was some shitty shelters like the one ishigami made when he first woke up.

Silly humans.
You think that we made only 1 flash.

Learn to greentext.

Or maybe his dad and the others aren't bastions of knowledge like Senku and didn't possess enough info to pass down
Either way, if there is little need to advance very rarely would a tribal village pursue science, especially when people in this manga can K.O 3 looks and cut through thick trees like it's nothing

Lions, not looks

The story was going so well until this shitty twist.

Oh well, I'm still curious about the petrification thing.

Exactly.
The biggest problem with this reveal is that 3,700 years is too fucking long.
It'd make much more sense if the village is like 200-300 years. Long enough for technology to fade away, short enough to explain the lack of any advancement from stone generation.

Knowledge don't magically lost themselves over time. Especially if it's to be believed that Senkuu's dad came back not long after. Some technology might even be still usable.
And who is he starting the village with? Surely not some random magical cavemen with no technological knowledge whatsoever right?

So the petrification thing was triggered by his Dad in space?

Why didn't his dad look for the statue of Senku?

all these Unless we get better explanations in the future this shit makes no sense.

At this point it'd make more sense that way.

Senkuu's dad stoned people on purpose to get rid of all technology for whatever fucking reason.

The plot twist will be that there was a Tsukasa type faggot with Senkuu's dad who succeeded with his ideology resulting in this shit village and other being as shit as this 3700 years later.

Because muh symbolism Senkuu will defeat Tsukasa which his father failed to do to Proto Tsukasa and prove that sciene is the right way by advancing faster in a year from now than they did in 3700.

That's why it looked like they had foreign blood, his dad wasn't alone and came back with other astronauts from other countries. Also it's been 3700 years and you fuckers are complaining about how they don't have any technology left.

Keep in mind human beings have been around for like a million years, and homo sapiens for like a hundred thousand. Serious advancement only kicked in when people started to develop written languages.
Now this doesn't excuse that they are descended from rocket scientists though. But then again, super inbred.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A DILF

>need metal
>pick up a car
>need a furnance
>explroe the city or an industrial area until you get one
>need potable water
>get a chimestry book

wew this shit just got REALLY retarded.

Lions weren't on the outside inmediatlya fter the stonefication, they could go to a university or library and salvage the knowledge.

Even if everyone was turned to stone technology was still there.

When you are living in a world where there are no enemies for 3700 years, each new generation is just going to lose more and more incentive to keep up knowledge they don't need for survival

What is Senkuu's father was stoned as well with his crew, but on the moon the people were freed a hundred years or two before people were freed on earth?

We don't even know how much it took them to come back from space, shill the fuck out.

That bulge though.
Oh no. He's hot!

if it was his dad I'm sure it were an acident by him trying to get some of those space gifts for senkuu.

>shill the fuck out.
I'm trying

Books would still remain.

Look, It's 5 AM here alright?

3500ish years would have passed, everything would be fucked by the forrests overgrowing above whatever building.

Maybe they were more advanced, there could have been some sort of set-back: disease, disaster, violence within the group and so forth

Exactly. Tribals mostly focus on living, secondary shit like scientific advancement would only come if there was an impetus. You can look at the tribes of Africa
Still doesn't explain why daddo didn't just nab the remaining technology. Maybe the people who caused the petrification decided to dispose of everything including modern infrastructure and books.

so how come we are still finding texts and papyrus from over 4k years ago today, whene ven the volume of information stored was way less than it is today?

It's retarded that there are no cities and libraries and books 3700 after, but that they weren't salvaged WHEN it's implied there were humans still aftyer the petrification it's even mroe retarded.

Also, isn't this a direct ripoff fromThe Planet of the Apes?

Why do you think Byakuya returned to earth fast?
I think he came back like 15 years later and died before he could teach his new children.

Depends entirely on how something is preserved. Papyrus for example is frail as fuck and vaporizes after a few decades if you don't care for it.
You underestimate how fast cities and such deteriorate. Most of our ancient ruins have been restored or maintained, cities fucking dissapear after a millenium unlike what you see in distaster/distopian future fiction.

THere are vaults, ther are stone libraries thata resturdy, there is a lot of information, something would remain after that long, even if it's little, and even more if there are astronauts that just came back to earth a few days after the incident before nature could start doing it's work.

even if it's 15 years, they should still be able to salvage some knowledge.

what if the astronauts got killed by whoeverÅ› behind the stoneification soon afte they got back to earth

>so how come we are still finding texts and papyrus from over 4k years ago today
Well what do you think? A society trying to explore the past =! a society trying to survive day by day

It was implied that there have been criminals who were banished

Stone structures like we have them get fucking rekt by things like wild growth or weather, and that's under a century. Sewage would go down pretty fast, which means floodings everywhere and water damage is quite severe. Steel would last about 300 years if unattended, after that it will rust away.

This is a city abandoned for 40 years.

And Hashima is protected now because it's a tourist location

And we are still in Japan, 3700 is plenty of time for a few earthquakes to hit.

Yes, that made more or less snse for it to be hard to find something, but it's retarded that a society founded by astronauts soon afte rthe petrification did not recover knowledge.

>soon afte rthe petrification
We don't know this.

people here unironically think that he didnt do it on purpose?

Stone flash was clearly done by someone and that someone definetely acted against the astronauts, I doubt we'll know anything about it for a while though, seems really some endgame stuff.

What if the explaination is time dilation or something ?
Would that be possible ? I'm no scientist.

unlikely, the planet's axis shifting kinda confirms a lot of time passed

That's a LOT of inbreeding if that's the case. There aren't that many astronauts.

What if Senku's dad just fucking died after starting the village