Anime set outside Japan with non-Japanese characters

>anime set outside Japan with non-Japanese characters
>characters bow deeply with eyes closed when thanking or apologising to random schmucks

It used to be a thing even outside of Japan.

Only to the monarchies and the aristocracy.
Peasants and surfs never bowed to each other

*serfs*

If it is a fictional world, there is no problem with it.

Exactly. One of the passing amanuensis (not from Hodgins' company) in the novels is described to wear a kimono that shows her legs.

Not that way and it died a long time ago.

Is she a Gypsy or some shit? Who the fuck dress like that in WW1 Europe unless you're a whore. Hell whores don't even wear such revealing outfits.

And they also just happen to speak Japanese, what the fuck am I right?

>anime set outside Japan with non-Japanese characters
>everyone speaks Japanese
what's the deal with that???

indian sex slave

>it's just a fiction argument
fuck you. this is bad writing

Still not as trashy as Benedict's ensemble.

There is an actual gypsy character in the show though. It's the guy with the telescope next to Violet in the night scene.

There's multiple dubs, just take your pick and stop whining.

Smurfs.

Nope, you are just being retarded.

Ok
How about this
It's a fantasy world where Japanese social norms are widespread even outside Japan

It's a good way to show her tits, don't quibble.

Cause why not? It's fiction and you shouldn't put retarded limitations on what fiction should and shouldn't do. I think you also complain about tom and jerry not acting like real cat and mouse

>Anime set outside Japan
>Language is canonically a western language
>Reads from right to left
This actually annoys me

who cares

How much is her daily intake of semen?

日本語でおk

Rarely normalfags who probably don't even know what a Japan is here in the USA do that.

This honestly kind of triggers me. I don't mind if it feels like it's truly part of the universe to have Japanese-style interactions, but so far it seems more likely that the team simply didn't think about it at all.

All western scripts have their full origin in right to left writing. It was by simple chance we ended up using the left to right system.

>But Wikipedia almighty says...
Wikipedia is written by bigger mongrels than you. The arguments they present don;t make any sense for he writing obsessed cultures which retained the other way around to this day.

The red man also eats with chopsticks.
What bothers me most about it is that the anime doesn't take place in the real Leiden. I got my hopes up that they would animate one of my favourite cities.

Jesus christ how fucking autistic you have to be to be bothered by such inane shit,

I think your black level is set wrong.

did someone already mentioned that they use chop sticks?

>How should we, a species that is 90% right-handed, decide to write our text?
>I know, let's do it in a way that's really inconvenient and annoying for 90% of us
Sorry, not buying it.

not enough

>Howdy Partner
>Bows

> after war period
> dresses like it's 90s already

Because it's everywhere and only indicative of watching the same shit over and over and over.

How many shows have you seen with quarter/half foreigner females with blonde hair and blue eyes that exist only to be in a harem situation for the moron beta male japanese protagonist? I'm going to guess a whole lot.

That's because there realistically has to be fucking hundreds of those shows at this point and it's all the same shit over and over.

for real nigga?

Of course it's the 3D posting retard behind this post.

I thought people knew better than to not expect this type of shit from Japanese media by this point.

YOU CALLED, HONORABLE BATTLE BROTHER?
COURAGE AND HONOR!

So you're saying he entire Near East and East Asia is left-handed?
They use right to left to this day and actually write using their hands much more than people do here.

I expect it from average throwaway seasonal shit, but kyoani tends to be pretty good with the visual details at least so I had for hoped a little more from their hyped new show.

serfs up duuuudee!

Their job title is so fucking dumb.

I love how Gochiusa fans dealt with similar cultural issues for a show that was clearly set in post war France by concocting a dystopian alternate reality that Japan actually won the war, hence why everyone speaks Japanese and uses similar mannerisms. In short, solving the problem by (albeit maybe overly imaginative) interpretation.

But with KyoAni and a show that is set in an entirely fictional setting, the problem is because the studio is "too lazy" to cater to a preconception of an autistic OP who makes an assumption about a shows setting, characters, and lore within. If someone bowing to say thank you really annoys you (which I imagine it doesn't), how the fuck do you even enjoy anime enough to post on Sup Forums?

This is actually how Kyoani colored it.

>after war period
>has robotic arms from the 2100s

In Europe you'd place one hand across your chest, draw the foot back to scrape the ground, and incline somewhat. This style of keeping your hands by your side or clasped below the waist and going super deep is super Japanese.

I have to admit, that really rustles my jimmies.

That isn't bad writing. If it's a fantasy world it can have any customs the author wants. If it's set in Europe, then it should follow European customs.