"One last thing before I get started. Is Kakashi sensei on a mission outside the village?"

>"One last thing before I get started. Is Kakashi sensei on a mission outside the village?"

If naruto never convinced Pain to bring everyone back at the end of this fight, how much better do you think this whole story could have been?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04e8UupoY30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that alone would have bumped naruto to an 8/10 series

It would have saved the whole shit

should have just killed off tsunade, the town was fucked anyway

Kishimoto would fuck it up, latter, in a different way, maybe not as hard. But he would fuck it up.

O

MY

REVIVAL

JUTSU

>"One last thing before I get started. Is Kakashi sensei on a mission outside the village?"
Such a good line.

How the hell did Kishimoto write a really compelling arc and just did 5 shitty ones after that

Not much better. You'd still get the zombies and the aliens

It would have been much better, even if Pain was only able to bring back 1-3 people and so there'd be a painful choice to make at least. The series got less mature the longer it ran, which is funny. You'd expect it to adjust at least a tiny bit to the aging readerbase, or stay similar to the start where it was funny, it was for young teens... but still had some gritty stuff.

That would have been an excellent way to write the story right there.

One thing that kind of pisses me off about "fighting" animes in general besides sparing the bad guy is when there's a BS moments repeatly where a character should die but no one dies at all, or in Naruto's case, ever.

I know Neji died, but he really wasn't a central character. His group was the most isolated out of the four. The only death that really got close to me was Shikamaru's sensei.

The 5 kage meeting arc was fine, if a bit underwhelming.

The Danzo fight was alright, the bit with Naruto and Sakura in that village was nothing short of delicious, and the Sasuke/Naruto confrontation in that bridge was a great way to bookend that arc.

It didn't really plummet until the beginning of the Ninja war arc.

Yeah I'm fine with the 5 kage meeting, Naruto hyperventilating over his boyfriend was shitty though. Defeating Pain put lots of expectations on him for the future, but he just went emo for a while instead of showing his grown up side.

Jiraiya's death was a big thing too. And he didn't undo that so that's good.

Would've have been much better if a single couldn't flatten a whole village in the blink of an eye.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Nagato reviving the village was actually fine and the fact that he turned a new leaf on his own when Naruto was actually very unforgiving of him was what tied the whole thing together. Nice added touch was how he mused that his renewed faith could be treated as miracle in of itself, with it possibly being the work of a "real" god.

Of course, all this thematic subtlety gets thrown out the window when everyone and their mother gets a Rinnegan in the next couple of arcs.

*a single ninja

To be fair Pain was supposed to be a god and took down Jiraiya who was stronger than almost all Kages (Hashirama excepted of course).

It would've been fine if that's where it peaked.

Pain was supposed to be this dude with the eyes of god. Literally.

I agree, the only bad part is that it makes light of the fact that the MC would have had to learn and adapt to loss by nullifying it. Of course it didn't bring back Jiraiya and Tsunade was still in a coma so overall I don't think it was a bad choice, but Kishimoto should have made the story darker in the next arcs instead of zombie war

>The Danzo fight was alright

>an arm full of Sharingans
>that can bend reality however the user wants it to
>closes after being used
>spend 10 chapters until the edge lord realises it
>anons already predict the counter ability to it correctly that gets used later on by Itachi

Such a great fight.

He was out of it afterwards for a considerable time tough.
Without the other 4 or 5 Pains he'd be mincemeat. And iirc it shortened the lifespan of Nagato according to Konan.

An arm full of Sharingans is pretty cool and not out of nowhere since Orochimaru did that kind of bullshit before. It's not that OP when the previous arcs introduced "I look at you and you burn to death/die by illusion", and a lot more interesting too. The only bullshit is Sasuke winning that fight but he was helped a lot.

Accounting for this exact point , if Pain/Nagato was the only god-themed character in the present timeline, I feel like it would have left a better impression since it actually works with the idea of creating miracles as a god. Problem was, it didn't stop right there and things got more ridiculous almost immediately after. It's kind of sad how almost everything past the Pain Invasion arc turned when the entire Itachi/Pain saga was so good. I think it doesn't help that nearly everything that the series had set up as the main conflict (Naruto becoming a hero of his village, confronting the leader of Akatsuki and Sasuke's vendetta against Itachi) was practically dealt with through Itachi and Pain's respective character arcs, so Kishimoto pointlessly had to come up with new plot threads just to sustain the entire war arc.

>naruto became hokage without being a sensei
kishi faggotry ruins everything

True, I forgot about Jiraiya's death. That certainly did have major character development for Naruto.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boruto went through something similar (besides the fact of his father possibly dying of course.) Although that would fit because Jiriaya was in a way like a father to Naruto

It would have been unnecessary for the show's plot, as it would introduce a lot of unnecessary side character and each would have to have their own little story

Although I think it would be better filler than what we got for half of the show.

I strongly believe that Pain reviving everyone was the biggest "fuck this" moment of the series so yeah, it probably would have helped the story

Let's be serious, they won't kill Naruto or Sasuke, the main characters of the original series, in the sequel. Not for real, at best they'll die and come back later somehow. I'd be more worried about characters like Kakashi, whom are loved by the viewers but not expected to play a big role from now on, or someone like Lee or Chouji, a parent from the current generation who doesn't have a big role but can be used to motivate the kids. Or Shino, since as their sensei every new character knows and cares for him.

I disagree

Sasuke hasn't been too relevant than Shippuden, the only reason to keep an eye on him for now is that he knows something that the audience does not know yet, possibly about the ayylmao ninjas.

I think he would make a good sacrifice too because it would drive Bort and Sarada closer together.

>next gen could have been sensei naruto teaching some little shits and dealing with a baby bort causing trouble in side episodes
>instead we skip straight to age 40

Danzo should have won, he was a far better villain and might have ended up making missing nin of the whole cast by ostracizing them and implementing some kind of regime.
Good way to explore the negative shit the village does, give weight to Sasuke's buttrage and make naruto mature and want to be hokage to change things rather than to be DA BES, right?

Where were you when an animator posted this animatic to his twitter and the REEEEEEEEEEEing of entitled sasusakutards that this was not their OTP and jealousy over Bestgirl made him delete it?

Honestly the whole ninja war was unnecessary, it could've been just kabuto reviving some great ninjas here, some there and naruto and some other guys making his way through them just like the Sound 4 arc peaking at kabuto reviving madara

>tfw this is probably the closest canon we'll ever get to seeing them being truely affectionate towards eachother

depressing part about watching SJ animes. Naruto would be so much better if they upped it to "M" rating with character development, story, fights, etc. It wouldn't even have to be Berserk tier edgy, Claymore is a good example of this.

Don't take me wrong, I'd be ok with Sasuke dying. Better him than Kakashi for example, and it would definitely have a bigger impact on Boruto and Sarada. I just think he's way too popular to be killed off in a sequel.

Well we'd still have the arc with all the new characters that made everything shitty. Even the canon episodes felt like filler. This show really should have just ended after the Pain arc.

They're japanese, so the small amount of comfy public interaction is supposed to evoke a close couple.

Compare with a couple that isn't supposed to be that close or happy like the Salad situation, there's no cuddly stuff whatsoever but there's that veneer of polite pretense that's also very japanese.

I too browse Reddit

Great comment user, consider it upvoted

I would have liked to see Naruto have to make a choice of the one person to save. Not that something being edgier always makes it better, but it's better than killing off a bunch of characters to provoke an emotional response and then immediately bringing them back.

how do you think the sex between sakura and sasuke is? haha

>havent even kissed
A turkey baster full of medically extracted semen, probably.

>have you ever kissed dad?
Thats an unlikely sentence to hear

>So cut I couldn't help myself

..lewd

O
MY
SNAKE
SUMMON

Kawaki when?

It would've been better. Kakashi tsunade and the others had no reason to come back except for some flashy filler fights. And Kishi was already about to introduce all these new characters, its better to do alot with less characters then have alot of characters not do anything important

Naruto never really had a nosedive in quality for me. It felt like it got slightly shittier subtlety as time went on ever since the chunnin exams ended with some short-lived high points every now and then.

It was supposed to end at the Pain arc.

I still find it quite hard to believe people legitimately lost their shit because their favorite character didn't end up married with kids to the MC. For the longest time I thought it was people just being ironic.

Must be a First World thing

Thing is, the hate wasn't even from narusakus, it was ss fans who technically...kind of got their ship. But it's so shaky and bad that they're extremely jealous and hateful of naruhinas, who they see as stealing their self insert sakuqueen's limelight.

>when Naruto was actually very unforgiving of him
Negro, what? Nagato only decided to use his mass resurrection after Naruto had already stated that he didn't want to fight him because he wanted to reach out and understand his pain

What did his question imply anyway?

He was essentially confirming Kakashi's death.

The fact that those eyes were originally Madara's was retarded.

Reminder that Pain was pretty much the only villain that stumped Naruto with his own talk no jutsu. He had no answer.

Really? How can you not understand a show made for 12 years olds?

>Guy enters the fucking hyped up 8th Gate of Death
>Blows half of Madara's body off in a single kick
>Madara regenerates it back and leaves no permanent
>The fight could've gone Guy goes out with a huge bang after Night Guy and manages to terribly cripple Madara for Naruto to clean up
But no, instead we get ninja Jesus saving him with bullshit Sage of 6 paths powers and totally ruined Guy's final speech to Lee. Kishi fucking ruined an otherwise amazing scene

At least Guy got crippled to uselessness. Pain's attack was entirely made irrelevant since not only was everyone revived, they easily rebuilt with Wood jutsu.

>Kishi fucking ruined an otherwise amazing scene
This happens more often than not in the series and Boruto will be no different

So how DID Naruto end the cycle of hatred?

unironically through the power of love and friendship

The only good thing to come out of Pain's attack is Naruto being viewed as a hero. Fuck even reanimated Nagato got the shaft and just accepted defeat once Itachi broke free of Edo Tensei. Like Nagato was there for literally one point of conflict that was made irrelevant

Well the story went to complete shit during the 4th great ninja war...so not much

It's fucking hilarious how overpowered the thought of revived Nagato was, and then Itachi just stabs him with his totally fair sword that seals everything it stabs.

well Mr. leader of Kumo, Suna, Kiri or Iwa
do YOU wanna fight Aryan Jesus fox man?

youtube.com/watch?v=04e8UupoY30
why was this one better than the anime's?

by becoming a living nuclear deterrent and tricking people into following him thanks to his base 20 charisma.

They didn't seem to have a problem with wanting to fight the god of shinobi who enslaved all the tailed beasts and even ended up killing him, Hashirama.

they give no shit about that

remember when naruto bowed to the raikage because he didn't want to lose his boyfriend sauce and the raikage told him to fuck off because he was being a little bitch?

Then only after during the was he realized that Naruto truly was a token of love and friendship and decided to vow for him

By making his village/country so powerful that trying to oppose it is pointless since he and Sasuke can whip out entire countries.

Tbh that's basically what Pain was trying to do with his super nukes.

>implying he did

The last episode of Boruto litteraly had shinobis fighting over a village, with civilians wounded in the process

Should have listened to Madara or Nagato. This wouldn't be happening.

Well the Shinobi Union only prevents competition between the five great villages. Rouge ninjas are going to be a problem no matter what.

Actually Sauce had the best plan, the other two were just puppets of the angry alien mom

Are they really rogue ninja though?

No, they are ROUGE ninjas, they are french and wear all red.

>mfw I started Re-reading the Naruto Comics

It was fun seeing a picture of Tobito so early on, but you could easily feel the series downfall after the Chunin Exams

>Sasuke went full Emo
>Naruto learns the Rasengan
>Boring Akatsuki stuff

tout en accord avec le plan

By altering history books

>comics

>Then he and Naruto had a fight for fun.

I cried

>tfw we come back full circle with everything even Neji's prophecy

Because the anime one has him just basically shoot a dragon at Madara into the flower.

Getway anime of the worst kind bla bla bla

the longer Naruto ran the more it tried mimic DBZ but far less charming. I'm glad I dropped it before the insufferable ending.

I know the author was a fan of DB and all, but man, haven't seen as big a crap dropped on character development in some time. sellout.

oh thank you. that's where it started getting bad in my opinion too.

I didn't start reading naruto to watch basically dbz power up transformations. that was awful.

>Respected ninja scientist Orochimaru

>Leaf Village is forever destroyed
>Akatsuki is over
>Naruto's dream is over
>He becomes more or less a Ronin, wearing the Leaf Village bandana on his arm as a symbol
>Sasuke decides to kill the survivors because he needs to REVENGE
>Naruto btfo him, comes back and makes Leaf Village Part 2 as a new Hokage

Kakashi should never die.

This. You don't need to be any ultimate detective to realize that the plan all along was for Pain to be the ultimate boss of the series, so the whole revival thing was fine, it was supposed to be the end (at least, for what I think, in the original plans).
But because the series had to continue, they started an infinite series of "AHA! I WAS THE MASTERMIND ALL ALONG!".
After the Pain Arc, Naruto ends as a character. He gets power ups, but he doesn't grow at all. All of his growth already happened: he became the frog sage, defeated his mater's other student and saved the village, like his father, which would make him into a Hokage.

But, the show had to go on. And so they kept bringing power ups, they kept bringing villains, they kept bringing Sasuke.

Tobi was already hinted to be planing everything way before the Pain arc. The real fuck up IMO was making the final villain not the whole Akatsuki, not Pain, not Tobi, not Orochimaru, not Madara, but a whole new character introduced in the middle of the final fight

True

They knew it would continue before the Pain Arc even began, so yes, some changes started quite early, but you can easily see how they just don't fit with the main arc.

There would be a lot of loose ends if it had just ended at that point in time though. Sasuke, most importantly, but there's tons of other shit too.

But yeah, if they had solved all that stuff, then the Pain arc would have been a fitting ending to the series. In the scene where Naruto was being revered as the hero he had always aspired to be... I dunno, it's just a beautiful scene.

I personally regard the time from the Rasenshuriken training up until early on in the war to be the best part of Naruto as a whole. Everything the series had built up for finally reached its conclusion in that period and a lot of it was executed brilliantly. Seriously, literally everything happened around there. Shikamaru and Asuma, Jiraiya vs Pain, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Sasuke and Naruto finally being acknowledged as a hero after saving the village.

That was some good shit.

You now remember that this happened.

>There would be a lot of loose ends if it had just ended at that point in time though.
Basically what I've explained in - the author didn't finished the Pain Arc and the editors came in and said "write more". Rather he kept a outline of the overall story and Jump probably just started to send it back to him to expand it every time they realize that the story was approaching it's end. So to end it all on the Pain Arc was probably the original draft, but he was forced to stretch it.

I do agree that the scene of the village praising him is one of the best, if not the best, of Shippuden, but the downfall of Naruto started very early on. It's just that, if they had stopped while thing were still looking decent, most of these problems could be ignored. But as they kept going, the problems pilled up while the good points started to disappear. And now, if you look at Boruto, it's basically the culmination of all the problems of Shippuden, in a single series.

>Naruto
ban him

>so the whole revival thing was fine
I don't really agree. It might have been less bad, but setting up some giant climax to finish it with "lol none of it mattered" is still shitty. I mean even Harry Potter had the balls to leave a lot of characters dead, and that's even more of a kids' piece of media. I think it would have been a good ending to leave them all dead, or even to just not kill them off in the first place. Maybe one person like Neji.