Record of the Grancrest War

Oh look, it's a fantasy anime without isekai elements for a change. Pretty sad that this is considered refreshing nowadays but I'm not complaining.

>from the creators of Lodoss
How the mighty have fallen
This art style is pure cancer

Did you like Kratos's anime?

Anime is cancer as fuck and a clusterfuck leaving out alot of important elements. the novel and manga have potential but i just dropped the anime.

>Pretty sad that this is considered refreshing nowadays
I agree, it's pretty sad that you watch so little anime that you think non-isekai fantasy is rare.

I thought the first episode was very engaging and well done.

The pacing is shit.

High fantasy anime is rare.

Sounds like it's just as bad as the Lodoss anime.
Lodoss OVA is the only good adaptation to date.

I haven't even read the LN, but the first episode was pretty wonky with the breakneck rush through scenes. Within five minutes, some lord was introduced, the good guys showed up in his throne room out of nowhere, his counselor betrayed him immediately, and they had conquered his realm.

In the last year, we've had Kujira no Kora, Made in Abyss, Guruguru, Berserk, Granblue Fantasy, Virgin Soul, SukaSuka, and Mahou no Sho. And that's not counting stuff like Rokudenashi or Nanatsu no Taizai, which are clearly fantasy but you'd probably exclude for whatever reason.

>all this Isekai trash
RETARD

>any of that
>isekai
Oh, so you were just baiting all along.

The female protagonist is pretty hot, but I don't like her tummy. I'm not one to judge, I know, but I wish it was more toned.

Its moving too fast and its suppose to be 24 episodes

generic fantasy with shitty mary sue

Will I like this if I liked Lodoss OVA, hated Lodoss anime and hate the artstyle of nuAnimu like this one?

maybe

I fucking hate the fact that A-1 skipped the visit to the towns. They just ignored 3-4 chapters from the manga just to do this half-assed "fight". I haven't been this upset in a long time.

did you watch it? it's straight up trash

It's from the author not the artist

I know, and it angers me.

Yah the first ep got me into it, it had the potential to be very good but the 2nd episode dropped the ball.

In the Manga he said not to hurt them cause they were gonna be his subordinates. How is this nigga gonna get back his eye?

Well, fantasy got an slight increase lately but overall is still rare in its pure form, most part of the time is mixed with something else

worst girl

At least the MC doesn't suffer from gynephobia, nor blush in front of girls. But main girl is a annoying cunt.

She's pretty hot though.

This

>Muh manga events in an LN adaptation

every time

I manage to keep going until about that point, with the fucking yell of the incoming protagonist finishing to kill my interest.

are all the LN volumes translated? if yes, is there an easy way to find them?

What the fuck? They skip the part where Theo and Siluca visit the villages? Why?

>MC doesn't suffer from gynephobia, nor blush in front of girls.
because this series isn't for shounentards but for seinenfags.

They probably wanted to get this arc done as fast as possible. Haven't read the manga I can't blame them. It's very by the numbers. Don't know if the LN is better.

>Oh look, it's a trash fantasy fantasy anime without isekai elements for a change.
It's bad and suck equale the isekais so stop shilling this shit or never complain about isekai again.

Is it true they fuck by vol 4?

This is the last (You) you'll get from me, but you are the retarded and insecure one if you need to have emotionally impaired adult males in your anime to enjoy them. Shows like Texhnolyze and GitS are ok, but the average fedora tipping seinenfag, which they usually attract, is worse than the neckbeard moefag wizard.

In fact, I'd argue that people who exclusively seek "adult entertainment" are really close to being complete normies as far as anime is concerned, and as such, have no place here.

>skipping that and theo chilling and working with the villagers
Fuck you to whoever decided that.

>Haven't
Should be Having.

I'm looking forward to seeing that valkyre chick devouring her little boy commander

they fucked every day whenever they are not on sortie that the whole base heard them loud and clear

Daamn. Sounds like I gotta read the manga

Is the manga there yet? I'm trying to hold off on spoiling myself, but if there are Mikuni Mizuki sex scenes then I won't be able to restrain myself.

best girl

>Oh look, it's a fantasy anime without isekai elements
and its trash, really made me think.

It is fantasy suikoden user.

Literally me

guess I need to pick up the manga after all.

The first episode did absolutely nothing for me. Is it supposed to?

Guess I'll have to read the LN, some events happen differently like .
And fuck, Aishela is so fun.

Why editing this out? Are they trying to portray Theo like some useless male lead?

Perhaps it's just manga original.

Haven't watched the anime but i like the manga cause i like the character design on manga better although he needs to get back to drawing hentai

>Perhaps it's just manga original.
what's a damsel in distress

This season's Alderamin

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

The first episode is too rushed for anything to make any sense. If mages could just summon demons like that to level up crests why isn't every Lord worth his salt fucking God, since they can just get their contracted mage to summon demons and grind the hell out of them? Why don't they have super soldier programs where they just give entire groups of people Crests and force them to grind summoned demons? Can't MC just get his contracted mage to summon a bunch of demons and immediately become overpowered as fuck? The world isn't properly fleshed out for us to even empathize with MC or his aims, and why would the Princess Bride call off the marriage jist because her dad got killed by a fucking demon? If anything, the appearance of demons would have caused humanity to unite and develop better countermeasures, no?
Finally, how did the brown butler instantly know what the mage was going to do in testing MC? Does this mean she's done this before and has potentially killed a bunch of people? Nothing makes sense in this show and its awful.

I agree that there was a lot of rushed shit, but half of your questions can be answered with the fairly-obvious assumption that summoned demons are only useful for low-level Crests.

Why is Siluca so shit?