BLEACH

Remind me why people hate this arc?
Re-reading everything and aside from the rushed ending I enjoyed it.

It was good right until the Shinigami showed up, and everything became pointless.

Because anime youtubers tell them they're not supposed to like it

facebook mindbreaking Ichigo was awesome. I don't know why people say they hate the whole arc when it was good until .

It has a sizable fanbase on Sup Forums. Lurk more.

Not enough Shinigami. Most of Bleach's readers just didn't care about the human characters as much as they did the Soul Reapers.

This.

The shinigami only showed up cause the arc was failing so bad though, didn't they?

Wish he kept this form instead of the bone armor

Yeah, that arc's ratings were inversely proportional to the writing quality.

That was kind of the point, the bone armor was more fitting of Ginjou

What the fuck was the deal with Ginjo anyway?
Why did he get a Bankai when we didn't even see his Shikai?
All I remember seeing him do is absorb Ichigo's powers but he never used HIS OWN Shinigami powers.

Arc got cut short before we could get his full backstory

Fullbring first form (Cross of Scaffold) was the equivalent of his Shikai, his Bankai was like Ichigo's in that it was his Hollow Power.

Nothing in it mattered. Nothing. None of it. Nothing before Rukia stabbing Ichigo mattered. The training? it didn't matter. The new characters? They won't show up past the arc. Tsukishima fucking with Ichigo's friends and family? Dealt with offscreen. None of it mattered a god damn bit and so the arc was complete fucking trash. But all the Orihime stuff was good, Kubo probably had fun writing her.

Ginjo didn't ever even say how the shinigami betrayed him did he.
Hitsugaya acted like he knew a lot about Ginjo he just didn't let on.

Fuck the japs for not letting me get more screenshots of Ichigo looking mindfucked, this arc was a goldmine.

The Fullbring Arc could have been a turning point for Bleach. It was giving off JJBA vibes but Kubo had to fuck it up

It had a lot of convenient fights, like if your power is to lit things in fire then your opponent's power just so happens to be extinguish it (an example, I know Aizen designed that Arrancar to extinguish Yamamoto's flames).

Because Bleach has glacial pacing and aside from the first two arcs and the last arc, reading Bleach week to week is painful.

>Ginjo didn't ever even say how the shinigami betrayed him did he.
It was his entire character motivation

>the only substitute Shinigami aside for Ichigo (which means he was high in reiatsu and got powers from someone)
>never seen using a Zanpakuto
>Hollow powers because his mother carried Hollow blood, which also creates Fullbring powers
>his Fullbring is his Shikai, and when he goes Bankai he uses Ichigo's Hollow powers instead of his Shinigami and Hollow powers wich are only mentioned, never shown

I know that's the only thing Kubo actually showed about him but you realize that it makes no sense right?

Oh, I thought you mean the Thousand Years Blood War.

Yeah, no one cares about the full bringers.

Yes but how.
What did they do?
What, once he found out they were keeping an eye on him through the badge he instantly swore revenge? Did they take anything from him? Kill anyone?

He has a pretty big hateboner for shinigami but I don't think there's any real specific reason.
As far as I'm aware the only time we see him as a shinigami is the one panel with Tsukushima as he's dying.

A lot of this is answered in the novel. Ginjo is a 4-way hybrid like Ichigo, but different in composition and power. In the past Ginjo was betrayed by Soul Society, they attacked him and his fullbringer friends, a lot of them died. In a rage he killed the shinigami that attacked him and was deemed a traitor. The one who ordered the attack was Ukitake, it was at the orders of a very powerful noble who is implied to be the novel's antagonist.

As an extra, Tsukishima can alter the contents and outcome of a person's past with his Book of the End and freely insert himself as well, but he cannot insert someone who never existed in the first place. Ginjo was the half-shinigami in the real past. And Uryu was Ichigo's cousin during Rin/Souken's funeral in their real past.

Alright but here's what's really been bothering me.
White, the hollow-shinigami hybrid Aizen made, is pretty damn powerful.
So powerful that it completely wrecks the Espada he made years later with presumably better knowledge and technology.
It's common knowledge the Hollows used to, at one point, be human, right?
So who was the base for White? It must have been someone with ridiculous reiatsu, right?
Why is this never touched upon? Aizen just 'shows up' with an uber powerful hollow-shinigami hybrid.
What was the base for the hollow? Who's shinigami powers did they fuse it with? Wouldn't the initial soul behing White's creation be a pretty big deal? How the fuck did Aizen get his hands on one so powerful?
Unless I'm an idiot speedreader and just didn't catch it.

I didn't like how the Fullbring went from a Melee based power to straight up magic with no rules whatsoever

>different in composition

Huh?

>Ginjo was the half-shinigami in the real past. And Uryu was Ichigo's cousin during Rin/Souken's funeral in their real past.

Huh?

>So powerful that it completely wrecks the Espada he made years later with presumably better knowledge and technology.

Well, it then has quincy powers and Shiba bloodline added to it.

>So who was the base for White? It must have been someone with ridiculous reiatsu, right?
Why is this never touched upon?

I think it was made out of a lot of shinigami souls mashed together. Sword Guy says something to that effect I think. But I was never entirely sure, as Kubo did seem to hint that it was made out of someone important.

Kubo should have doubled down

You forget about Arrancar arc 21-32.

The FKT war arc and Fullbring were the only bad arcs