Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about Ashita no Joe? I just finished it last night and bawled my eyes out

Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about Ashita no Joe? I just finished it last night and bawled my eyes out.

We do. I saw a thread fucking yesterday.

I REMEMBER JOE

Because it's shit

Because it's sadly not moe enough.

ippo is better, except for the last arc.

Was she moe?

Yes

HEEEEY JOOOE

Most of nu/a/ has never heard of it.

I tried reading it, but couldn't get into it. Dropped it and read Baki, which I instantly loved.

>crying over a shit Gurren Lagann reference
you have to go back.

I'm glad I powered through season one, because the pacing and animation in season 2 is much better.

waifu material

Should've read the manga instead

"New Sup Forums" is much more familiar with it than old Sup Forums, though. It wasn't even fully translated until a few years ago.

I loved it.

She was perfect.
What a shit luck she had, tho.

The anime was translated though

>Bantamweight max is 118lbs
I still can't believe it

>720 dempsey roll

I watched the anime back in 2010 after, yes, the Gurren-Lagann reference. What I didn't realize is that GL actually made a bunch of references to AnJ even prior to that: the cross-counter.
Joe is the complete opposite of Ippo and his trainer isn't retarded. Joe was born in a slum and was willing to give his life to achieve greatness, even if that greatness was as fleeting as a dying candle. You work your whole life to reach the top, wether it's become a manager or reach retirement, and all that awaits you and your burnt out youth is death.

>all that awaits is death
Only for dumb fuckers like Joe who was reckless, impatient and stupid. Mendoza was fine after dozens of fights.

>he uses no guard and cross counter, meme techniques which lets him get his head bashed in for free
>literally never sees a doctor, just sleeps off serious injuries
>trains when injured, also overtrains
>challenges people willy-nillly, regardless of circumstance
>never listens to anybody
>fights two weight classes below his ideal weight
>that fucking life-threatening weight loss arc
He had the potential to easily become champion but he threw away because he's a brainlet.

>Mendoza was fine after dozens of fights.
The real moral of the story is that even if you achive success in your career with hard work and have a lovely family, a lot of money and perfect health, at any moment some little shit can appear from fucking nowhere and ruin your life just because he is bored.

Who would hypothetically win in a fight in their prime, ippo or joe?

Best girl

It has a REALLY slow start

Considering Joe actually learns to dodge he would win with little effort
yeah, Its pretty bad until Rikishi gets introduced.

Mendoza felt fear because he realized that he had a family and a life worth living. I don't think his life was ruined by Joe but he probably quit boxing and lived the rest of his life as a family man.

>I don't think his life was ruined by Joe
Mendoza took heavy physical and psychological damage in that fight, he still have his money and family but he lost his health and career.