This is the Citizen Kane of anime

This is the Citizen Kane of anime

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/5484581/japan-its-not-funny-anymore
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hated it when it was just a manga. Now that it's animated too, even more people will start posting it, won't they? Not to mention this will be the ironic weebs and the like.

Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku

Theres no such thing as an ironic weeb. Just shallow weebs that are complete faggots about it.

that assfaggotry is cloaked in the veneer of DAE 2010s humour gloss, hence the term "ironic" weeb

I hate what has happened to the word irony.

A thread died for this.

japanese comedy sucks, they laugh at this shit because they got told is a comedy, so they lol because of the pecking order status quo

also, japanese language has a different word order, hence the punchlines do not work as in the majority of languages, that's why the utilize slapstick and absurdism for cheap laughs

Mix those 2 things and the only people finding their shitty comedy any funny are the japanese normie and retard weaboos abroad

I'm french and I found the french part pretty funny

Because a french animator working in their studio actually made it, lmao.

I legitimately never saw anyone hating the manga here it's almost like the moment it got popular someone wanted to feel special

I can tolerate the animation, some parts of it, because is made by different people with different styles, sometimes just using the manga as guideline. But at the end half of it feels like watching it as a chore.

But the manga is worst as a mixed bag, specially depending on the translation, it's full of nihongo word play tv-tier comedy and absurd cheap shit for the average japanese manchild.

how did they got the VA of Wakfu to work on it ?

Yes, they did that part so ultra french to force that "is awkward and weird so you gotta laugh to exorcise it" japanese reaction. The studio is tickling their jap social mores and rigidity.

More like big bang theory of anime

>FEDORINGA

Weaboo is the operative word I think.

if he's smart, he'll get fed-up of japan any soon, as tim rogers did:

kotaku.com/5484581/japan-its-not-funny-anymore

any gaijin saying japan is a great place to live in is either a weaboo, a retard, or both.

This, totally this.

this actually makes bobobo-bo looks dedicated

Ain't the animator Belgian?

Why would he care about Paris if he wasn't French.

You don't have to be French to make fun of Parisians.

Somebody call Poirot, we need to find out!

>linking to kotaku

>normie
so this is the power of crossboarders

>someone wanted to feel special
The truth is that pop team epic is not special, it is not original and it's not funny. Any of those shitty comedy shows gainax make in between their epic postmodern giant robot shows to stretch their legs have way more originality and humor than a generic 4-koma ADHD inducing thing targeted to the average japanese young adult leaning on the edgy side.

PTE feels like it's this decade's Super Milk Chan Show.

das rite

>crossboarders
The same reason crossplaying comes from mixing the powers of faggotry and autism.

Anime of the millennium

Except not even Nips like this

I have never watched Citizen Kane. Am I missing good stuff?

it was cute the way she wobble carrying her

ep 2
WHEN

It will look like a ok clichèd movie now but at the time it was really something special.
Meme faggots from Sup Forums just use it as "bad shows no one likes but I do because I have enlightened taste".

Normie takes less time to type than normalfag and rolls off the tongue easier

I just want this show to be definitely good (too early to tell.) So not a lot of people can enjoy it, and it will become a memorable anime for me.

It's the kind of anime I wanna love but I'm afraid I won't ao much in the end.

So not only*

Sorry guys.

It's a four koma manga from the guy that got famous doing touhou and chen memes, it is 2ch diluted for the normie masses.

I'd guess that if you think Sup Forums and 2chan is the pinnacle of quality content, then pop team epic is really your "Citizen Kane" and the right manga for you.

I love absurdist humor so of course I'm a PTEfag.

Not surprising that different people have different expectations of anime. From the pool that might approve of something similar to Pop Team Epic, narrow that down to people who share the mangaka's sense of humor and you've got a small crowd.

inb4 persecution complex. I'm making an observation.

>I just want this show to be definitely good (too early to tell.)

What are you expecting, plot twists from a gag 4koma?

Put the name in the title so my filter works, thank you.

Imagine Fox or Adult Swim making a Sup Forums meme show.

That's PTE in japan.

>Meme faggots from Sup Forums just use it as "bad shows no one likes but I do because I have enlightened taste".
I thought you were describing Big Bang Theory, LMAO, then I re-read and was like keks, it still applies to both.

No, I tried watching Citizen Kane and it was just so boring.

>Anime of the millennials
Fix'd

>kotaku.com/5484581/japan-its-not-funny-anymore
> I don't like that people are allowed to smoke in my favorite little organic vegetable cafe, right there on the floor with the open kitchen. I don't want cigarette smoke near my organic vegetables! Hel-lo? That makes them pretty much not organic anymore!

>LMAO
You have to go back

She's moving to the melody of Come Get Your Love.

teh meme animu & mango

yeah, new forced memes for everyone!

Why do so many people look down on absurdist humour?

probably
>muh random = funny

>[fart sniffing intensifies]

whoa, so in your opinion PTE is monty python tier now?

Great alchemy there, turning shit into gold, great meme magic!

Absurdist humor and xd meme references is not the same thing.

I want a shitpost anime that's pretty insane but still humerous, with conventions thrown out.

It definitely is an insane shitpost anime, but I wasn't head over heels with the first episode. While I liked it, wasn't funny enough for me to love it and some of the references weren't done well. Also I'm aware of the Girldrop shit so I wasn't surprised/impressed of its inclusion. Although it interested me enough to stick through it and hopefully as a whole I find it quite good.

Who inironically waiting for the next episode?

keks now they are selling anti-pte stickers in japan

I can't sleep cause I want it fucking now actually.

>ini
> i n i

Great job hallucinating an opinion I don't have! You just keep attacking that strawman.

More like The Room of anime.

Probably is a cash grab, they monetize from both the fans and the detractors, it's a win-win for them.

Then don't use Monty Python to defend Pop Team Epic, you piece of shit.

>inb4 "oh my, I got offended by your illogical ad-hominem, I love non-sequitur humor but this is too much!"

>If we pretend it's supposed to be shit, we'll get away with it

lel this:

Do I need to be a normalfag to enjoy this show?

You just need to have brain damage

So many of you stupid cunts go
>Lol so randumb
As a knee jerk reaction to anything absurdist, that I wonder if you'd say the same thing about a similar franchise with more prestige.
It's not as if Terry Gilliam's animated segments couldn't be written off as "lol so randumb" and it's not the Pythons never referenced now extremely dated pop-culture from the period.

Here here Sup Forumsnons, open wide and enjoy this!

keks so you keep comparing both of them?

PIC RELATED, it's you pretending, also you're still a shitposting shit too lel.

luz

>tfw you will never be smart enough to understand the complex humor of PTE

Yeah, like how Rick and Morty fans claim to be geniuses because they say so and oh those sci-pop complex plots and existentialist-lite dark humor.

Same as when someone says is a geek because they watch young sheldon.

>I know!
>I'll call him a shitposter!
I'd also say you're projecting, but you don't seem the sort of person who needs to
>pretend
to be retarded.

>projecting
projecting
>also in the need
to know
>how to
green
>text
correctly

>inb4 "oh my, I got offended by your illogical ad-hominem, I love non-sequitur humor but this is too much!"

>>I know!
>>I'll call him a shitposter!

It happened.

brainlet

This part was pretty good. The level of absurdity was fitting and didnt follow your typical automatonic jap humor

But most of it wasn't. The ones that I thought that were absurd were the your name and the crudely drawn one.

When does it air again? In 4 hours or 5?

Good reasoning my friend, you sure are smart.

Great face saving damage control, man, you tried to defend Pop Team Epic by comparing it to Monty Python, then you negated you did that when got told and caught on an ad-hominem prediction acting as if all was just you playing troll for some "knee jerk" reactions and lulz. Yes it's absurdist humor but not all absurdist humor is the same. When get told about your shitty ways AGAIN, you try to play the "you're projecting" card.

Golf claps here, you should run for POTUS next time dude, since you are already the poster child of shitposting, defending the very essence of shitposting content, go get some million subscribes on twitter or something and became the next normalfag pundit of asurdist humor.

You're smarter for noticing it, sempai.

I know right.
>Do you have any grey poupon?

Are you upset?

Shush, don't destroy user's dreams, you bully, this was supposed to be perfect!

Great job hallucinating an emotion I don't have! You just keep attacking that strawman.
>lel

mi_sides.jpg

>The absolute state of this user
wew, I think I'll let you go now, hope you don't mind me living rent free in your head for a few days.

>I'll say you're trying so hard, because my effort wasn't enough.
>Still projecting as if my theory of mind is this good or let's see what else sticks.
>I give up
Actually I'm having lots fun with this, you keep messing it with each post, and each time you get told so epic, heh, since it's so absurd you should be having lots of fun too.

I never noticed how easy it was.

Yeah, it shows, you're quite easy to get, at first looked like a good sport.

Cheer up, don't be this "absurd", hue

so kuso means shit right?

Connotations, user.

user you weren't serious enough, learn from this