Osomatsu-san

Some new episode preview pics.

As a discussion topic pitch episode ideas for Matsubara since he's all tapped out.

I hope the second cour doesn't fizzle out like the first

Is that your episode pitch? Fair enough, but I think there's other hesowars AU's I'd like to see more. Mahou-shoujo would probably be entertaining, or maybe Matsuno Quest. AU's are a potential goldmine for hijinks, but Matsubara never really does anything interesting with them. See: the sengoku AU from earlier this season.

How does he keep doing it?

What MBTI personality types do you think the Matsus have? Kara's clearly an ESFP "The Entertainer". For Ichi I'm thinking maybe an INFP or an INFJ.

I want an episode where Kara’s perfect fashion becomes a short lived internet meme due to a viral video and he enjoys brief fame without ever realizing that everyone is making fun of him. His brothers would have to ruin it for him somehow.

They got their beach episode, but there’s still been no obligatory onsen episode.

All I know is that Ichi needs something better this season than that shitty bedtime skit.

The others may change, but Karamatsu will always be Cinderella.

Ay yo all these characters look the same

this 2nd season has been a massive let down

High school episode. Fujita/Matsubara pls.

You were a massive let down.

I've said it before but an episode-long plot where the brothers go camping and all sorts of things happen. I feel like we're in need of another episode that feels like an adventure. Both peaceful moments and chaotic ones, a nice mix.

Also an around-the-world-in-80-days kind of movie where the brothers get split up but some cross paths so it explores all sorts of duos. The Alvin and the Chimpmunk movie comes to mind.

Totty is Sleeping Beauty again too. But Karaella is just so perfect. Shame Matsubara/Fujita totally skipped the opportunity to have a Cinderella parody in ep 10.

I want a karaoke episode so badly. They can even go without Oso, if Sakurai doesn't want to sing for Osomatsu-san.

I'd love a broadway-esque musical episode. Osomatsu-san is great at parodying things from western culture like in s1 and hesowars, and I feel like s2 has been missing some of that.

I was disappointed when the stage show wasn't a musical (never mind that it isn't the regular cast, of course). A musical comedy seems like such an obvious choice.

>stage show
I wonder if it was worth watching. For me Matsus are not Matsus without their VAs.

I agree. I saw some subbed clips and it was just okay, nothing special. They give Karamatsu these incredibly goofy, enormous sunglasses to put on and off so it's more obvious. It's just not the same.

Without the voices, it feels like a bunch of cosplayers doing impersonations. It's just kind of cringe.

Oddly enough the part I remember being the funniest was an F6 skit where they have to detonate a bomb. It may have been because seeing real-life people act like that made it funnier.

>broadway-esque musical episode.
Fuck I want that so bad now. Why did you have to make me aware that I will never see this?

I've wanted this since only halfway through season 1. I've been suffering all this time. Welcome, user.

If we talk about it enough in these threads it will eventually happen, but never in the way that we want.

If it helps, there is an amusing musical parody au in hesowars. Though nobody seems to have translated the whole story, sadly.

Am I the only one that doesn’t like this set? Especially Kara, he feels so out of character.

I love it, especially how Kara looks. He's not a jock at all, if that's what you're suggesting. He's basically the equivalent of a guy making his own mixtapes in this.

I'm the opposite, lookswise it's one of my favorite AUs.

He’s not a poindexter either. He’s better off as a wannabe heartthrob poser, or a drama nerd.

But he's not a poindexter in this. He's still passionate about his music. And they all transform into greasers to get revenge on the popular crowd, which covers his wannabe bad boy side.

He's probably a drama nerd too, not much else can be said. The skits in the game even had "songs" (lyrics).

>hornrimmed glasses
>3/4 part
Looks like a poindexter to me.

To be fair, so do about 90% of all anime characters.

Oh, you mean appearance-wise. I was saying that he's not academically smart, as the description of a poindexter tends to be. I'm not sure what else to say, since you're missing the point of the au then.

Can someone explain the appeal? My friend is suddenly really into it out of nowhere and won't talk to me about it.

Why won’t they talk to you about it? The appeal is that it’s funny and the characters are really likable and relatable. That’s literally it.

They probably don't want you to know about their degenerate gay muppet incest shipping. For some people it's a touchy subject.

Choro's an ESTJ

Fuck, he looks so happy it almost makes me want to stop bullying him.

It's the pure, innocent happiness that makes it all the sweeter when you break him.

Karamatsu looks like Rivers Cuomo in this set.

aw man, I do love me some Ninja Hattori

I too like ninjas.

Karamatsu's worn a lot of skimpy outfits, but there's something special about this one.

no

I don't understand why Kara is making fun of Choros new hair, I always thought that dyeing his hair is something Kara would do.

Not even Kara is that dumb.

Choro dyed his hair like a normie would, plain brown. He didn't go far enough. Kara would probably dye his hair in stripes of blue and blonde.

Recent episodes have kind of enforced the idea that Kara is more aware of people's attitudes towards him than he might let on. He probably knows when his fashion is bad, he just does it anyways for attention.

Karamatsu's dumbness is boundless. He was probably just jealous that he didn't do it first.

Ichimatsu has been so fucking shafted this season. People talk about Karamatsu being the least favorite of the staff, but to me it feels like they’ve turned against Ichi.

He really has lost a lot of his charm. I miss Rental Kanojo Ichi.

The problem is that they dropped the wannabe normalfag angle too hard and too early. It’s like they think now that it’s been revealed his yamimatsu schtick was mostly a facade they can’t revert to the facade anymore. But the “Ichi is really just a marshmallow” joke isn’t a joke if he’s always a marshmallow.

Moeblob Ichi best Ichi.

It's boring, but the season itself has been pretty boring so I guess it's fair.

Moeblob Ichi is best in moderation. The thing that makes his cuteness endearing is that it’s rare and surprising. When it’s his primary mode of operation it just makes him boring.

>they can’t revert to the facade anymore
and it´s true

Soon he will become the new Karamatsu.

Karamatsu is becoming meaner too. Will he in turn become the new Ichimatsu?

I wouldn't say he's meaner, but Ichimatsu was never really mean either. Kara's definitely not the same character though.

everyone hsould be like ichi

S1 Ichi would have had no qualms about telling Choro that his new hairdo looked like a steaming pile of dog shit.

It's character development, if he's more grown up now is it bad?

Yes

that´s debatable

Ok.

Post Dayon

>its an AU

Darn, I was really hoping Karamatsu Taxi would be regular Kara trying to make his own business and it going wrong of course.

Idk if this has already been posted, but here's the Animage Best 100 character ranking.
Rip in peace Totty.

It's ok, it's not that bad. Totty is a good boy anyway.

thats pretty fucking edgy

no

F6 fucking when?

I like your attitude. I'm happy my boy is ranked so highly but given the rest of the order I'd say their taste isn't very good at all. Plus it's so hard to tell now if a character got that far because of people who like just them or shippers.

Why do you want F6?

>48
not bad

Totty is 46 actually, see the names.

I love how terrible some of the characters are on here yet they can still make it on the list regardless.

>see the names.

More cavematsu.

> he can't read basic hiragana/katakana
Git gud, user

You don't have to know even the basics you will all see them have the same matsu symbol next to them. After that just put two and two together.