Hows that backlog coming along?

Hows that backlog coming along?

Pretty good. I've only got LoGH left

I was chopping away at it, but my decision to watch every new show this season is slowing that progress.

Does it count a adding to a backlog if you drop the show without finishing it? Because honestly at this point I don't give a shit about anime, I just add numbers for the bragging rights.

What, do you brag to your tulpa?

Currently stuck on Witchblade episode 14
gonna watch GTO or Futari wa Precure afterwards

Gave up on my anime backlog, it's too hard for me to start a show nowadays and stay committed. I just watch seasonal shit now. Manga backlog is going great, just finished Fire Punch, what a fucking ride.

>Hows that backlog coming along?

I die a little inside every time an Sup Forumsnon calls my taste shit and claims it's because I haven't seen enough anime.

>because I haven't seen enough anime
But that will always be true, for all of us.

7 series, 7 films, 3 OVAs. Not counting films that have come out recently but don't have subs yet.

I thought the bare standard around here was 300 anime. I'm only around half that and that's WITH shows I dropped partway through.

Working on Unlimited Blade Works right now. Fell asleep in the middle episode 3 last night, was really high on shrooms.

My backlog grows ever larger by the day
help

Every few days I see a book I think I'd like to read and impulsively buy it on Amazon. I've read less than ten books front to back in the last seven years. I've been stuck on a single novel for a year and a half. It just sits the bag I take to work every day.

I could use my books for furniture at this point.

Try tons of stuff out and drop them if they don't seem good enough after 1-5 eps. Only way to cut that backlog down to size.

It doesn't count unless you finish them.

I've been making a good amount of progress lately, but thank you for reminding me to catch up in Pingu too OP.

Getting my way to number 1000 completed. Currently at 942 I decided to finish a bunch of classics which is slowing me due to how long they are. Galaxy express 999 is being done one episode per day and will be #999.

Dennou Coil is brilliant, I envy you for being able to watch it for the first time.

pretty gud, watched 24 shows already and added about 30 more

I've given up on the idea of finishing my backlog. I don't have the courage to delete it either. I just look for shows depending on how I feel at the time.

It sounds like you're already free of its grip. Just delete it and carry one picking up shows as you feel.

>Picked up Jojo ages ago.
>then started Brotherhood on Monday.
I'm a fucking idiot.

"Backlogging" is so stupid.
Just.... watch anime?
like what the fuck is that?
why is it even a thing?
do you somehow not have enough hours in the day? If you're here on Sup Forums it means you probably do.

>biting off four squares at once
What a greedy child

Why is that? Not enough time? Too much seasonal anime? Not enough willpower? Don't want to force yourself? N-Not like I'm listing these by experience.

You're talking as if watching anime is some sort of ordeal you must put yourself through

Last two definitely make it sound like that but I don't feel like that at all, I really do enjoy watching my cantonese urn paintings.

endless trash

>on-hold
Do people actually do this? Why not just finish an anime if you started it, or drop it?

You add things to a list you plan on watching, might not feel like watching right now, etc.
That's what a backlog is.
If you didn't keep a list like this then you'd basically be a slave to seasonal anime.

>do you somehow not have enough hours in the day? If you're here on Sup Forums it means you probably do.
Why do you assume everyone spends like 4 hours per day at least on this site? Are you projecting?

you put things on there that aren't out yet you idiot

meant for >

>Why not just finish an anime if you started it, or drop it?
Because you could be in the mood for something else, not feeling it but you might consider giving it another shot later or something.

certain shows don't have a weekly release, like ova's that only come out every 3 months or even later. Only real reason to have an on hold, cause you might as well drop it otherwise

next time just delete your post and rewrite it

Ah right fair enough.
I would jump lump those in with my backlog.

Its slowing down now that I picked up most current season shows

Same. Gotta do some serious marathoning in the few weeks between season.

If you haven't seen them you haven't seen them.

3TB left, but it's all 1080p BD FLAC, and a few are remuxes, so more like 2TB.

>tfw I've only seen 60 anime and half of them are from last season
I'm catching up, I promise!

You know what you must do.

I do now.

I use it for shows that I've "soft-dropped" and am open to rewatching later on. Meaning that I didn't hate it, but I just wasn't in the mood for it at that particular time.

My PTW is no longer two times the size of my Completed list, so I've got that going for me at least.

Finished Ajin (was mostly crap) and am currently catching up to Mahotsukai no Yome. School Rumble is next, but maybe I'll instead start finishing my movie list

Why is 99,99% of Sup Forums doing the retarded seasonal anime race? Watching tens of shows over the course of 3-6 months sounds like a terrible idea, all it does is makes you burn out. I always wait for BD release to watch a show so I can watch it in nice quality when the dust and shitposting has settled, one show at a time, I only start a show after I finish the previous one, haven't dropped a single show yet (was close to dropping Mirai Nikki though). Is it so hard to overcome ADHD and peer pressure?

Same. I got a bunch of books for Christmas and I've only opened one of them. Before then, I'd been reading the same book since the summer.

The problem is that I view reading a satisfactory amount of a book as a significant time investment when I have so little time in the day for relaxation, so I usually just end up watching anime and putting my reading off.

Don't do it, this stuff fucking hurts in real life. Books are hard.

By this time next week I’ll be in the 350’s!

Yes.
>spend many hours each season watching some of the anime that sounded sorta appealing in their descriptions
>see random thread on Sup Forums about one of the shows you decided to skip
>that user says it was AOTS
>can't go into the thread and bro it up with fellow Sup Forumsnons
>can't go into the thread and tell others why their taste is shit because you haven't seen it

I finished my last book just yesterday and will start the next one this evening, alongside the enxt stuff to watch from my backlog. Never give up!

Just started Sakura.
Hope I can get to clear card while it's still airing.

I cleared my backlog years ago.

I watched so much shit I can barely find anything interesting in backlog. Got more fun rewatching series now.

Pretty fine I guess. I'm watching about 10 series' and about 4 them are already finished series'. And I've almost finished one of them.

202 Anime (including movies) and counting.

>Kara no Kyoukai on hold
Literally how? Did you pause the movie midway or something?

It appears that people don't actually enjoy the anime, just the interaction surrounding it. I wonder if that says more about the medium or the people consuming it.

Why wouldn't you watch anime when it's airing? Do normalfags wait for new GoT season to be over before watching it it? Did Rowling drones waited for series to be over before reading it? Do you understand how dumb you sound when you advocate to stop watching anime when it fucking air? Imagine Sup Forums not reading Superman or Batman because it's still outgoing that's completely fucking retarded.

I have autism please be nice to me.
I have been afk for 6 months and so this is pretty much up to date.

When an issue of Superman comes out, you don't expect a much more polished version to arrive half a year later. You should rather compare that to manga, not to anime.

Christ, user. Use MAL..

PROTIP: Refusing to add an S to the end of "anime" is admirable, but when used like you just did, it betrays a basic lack of understanding of what the word actually means and WHY "animes" is wrong.
"anime" is not a singular object you can count. It is a medium, a incorporeal noun. Compare to the English words "music" or "technology". You don't say "I listened to 60 musics last week", but removing the S and changing it into "I listened to 50 music last week" doesn't make it any less retarded. Just say "I listened to 60 songs last week". Or, in your case "I've only seen 60 shows".

I keep picking up shows that aren't even in the plan to watch list.

I watch things while it's airing because I want to discuss them with Sup Forums. Also shit like Killing Bites is airing uncensored so it's not like waiting on BDs is gonna do me any good.

Also because I have no backlog. Watching 10 eps a week is hardly going to burn anyone out. I'd do 50 on a good day.

Go watch sora no woto.
Now.

I'm never getting that backlog trimmed. Been going strong starting this year to get below 250 but I keep adding more at the same time

Are you trying to bore him to death?

I use it for series with lost episodes

Just coming off finishing my finals I'm too tired to even stay attentive to watch anime.
For the first time in a few months last night I slept for 12 hours straight and damn it felt good.

I'm trying to comfy him to death

It's somewhat moving along. Last I was generally pretty lazy, but so far I've been productive this year.

I say shows in real life.

It's much easier for me to watch 25 episodes of different shows a week than to marathon one show.

>can't go into the thread and tell others why their taste is shit because you haven't seen it
Are you new?

>with option of english dub
Those lists should be empty.

I've spent most of the day merging my anime backlog into this folder. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

i've pretty much cleared it with 2 months of NEETlife, watching one season per day on average

still have 4 animus and 6 mangos on HDD to go through, LoGH sitting on it since forever

20 minutes before going to sleep and reading the time spend on the shitter is all you need to get a lot of reading done. Most novels only take 3-8 hours reading time. Over in a flash.

I don't like the system it uses, nor do i like having my log public.

Seen it, was good but not as good as I hoped it would be.

It's just an option user. Usually the sub is the choice.

Okay, just make sure you don't watch the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in anything except the original Japanese, even if you watch the series dubbed.

Seen it.
I really should update that list....And yeah the dub is appalling either way.

Same goes for the series, fucking horrible series.
The movie was very good, but it demanded wading through that pile of dog shit. Not worth it tbdesu

It grows bigger with every passing day

I thought the series was great, easily in my top ten. If you didn't like the movie I'd just say you had shit taste and be done with it, but I think we just have different taste. The series isn't for everyone, but the movie is a 10/10 masterpiece.

Half of the crrently watching ones are seasonal and the other half is shit that I haven't touched in months.

I am feeling good, I found the motivation to keep working on Urusei Yatsura, and I've left only 70 or so precure episodes before I fully catch up.

I only have about 20 shows left that I really want to watch, everything else on my backlog looks like a 7/10 at best.

My new years resolution was to watch one episode of UY a day. 12 episodes in and Kurama is best girl.

I'd make more progress if I weren't constantly rewatching things with friends. I rewatched Evangelion three times, Gurren Laggan three times, and all of JoJo two times last year, and that was only the multi-cour series.

>watching Evangelion with other people

why

>watching anything with other people
why

>Watching anything
why

>anything
why

why

wh

Is that fucking treasure island?

Yes, also called Takarajima

y

Yeah. It's pretty shit. Don't know why it's rated so highly compared to other renditions of the story. But hey. Maybe weebs just have no standards.