Scanlation/batoto thread

Debate - slightly resizing text to make it fill up speech bubbles more, yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/994691?
www94.zippyshare.com/v/PO16hcr8/file.html
my.mixtape.moe/lzjbtl.zip
alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/428000082/514
photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/levels-curves/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How slight is this "slightly"?

Call it ten percent either way.

-select text layer
-edit > transform > scale
-hold shift key while dragging box

>baitoto
Fuck off

Post comparison.

>batoto
It's going to be remplaced by someone at some point anyway.

Keep it the size of the original text unless it's impossible
It looks like shit when the bubbles are completely filled with text imo

If there's a ton of space left in a "normal" dialogue bubble (ie. not whispering, murmuring, etc), then I think slightly larger text is fine.

Sorry for bothering you anons, but Shudan scanlator here. Does anyone have raws for the final chapter (from WSJ issue 6)? Usually the Yuuna-san user usually saves our asses, but if someone's willing to share them i would be extremely grateful. Public raws are beyond terrible this week.

What do you mean by "beyond terrible"?

i mean physical magazine rips, no way we're working on those

Post a page.

So far we only worked with digital scans, we won't change just for the last chapter.

Oh, I expected the public raws to be digital. Did you even download that: nyaa.si/view/994691?

yeah, it's the same

I just redraw the bubble to make it big enough to fit the text
Ain't nobody got time to deal with Raita-style bubbles
FIght me

Try that: www94.zippyshare.com/v/PO16hcr8/file.html

>redrawing bubbles

You're a brave man.

that and are the same thing

It's actually very fast to do, the only thing you need to "redraw" is the black border of the bubble, and you can just use a simple path for that

Well, shit.

It's alright, user. Hopefully the Yuuna user will save the day (again). I guess we'll work on the volume extras in the meantime.

I'll tell you a little secret
Due to some bizarre incompetence all images on galleries on jump store can be accessed for free beyond the tachiyomi and have been since forever, you need to change the page number in the image file
It's just a matter of writing a ripping tool
IIRC the old OMD tool was able to download everything for free but not anymore because they changed the domain

user who usually helps you in Yuuna threads here
Here is the last chapter
my.mixtape.moe/lzjbtl.zip
Thanks for translating this cute manga, user.

Huh... really? I was aware that like 2 years ago you could rip stuff at least from jump+ with OMD, i even used to do that for certain series. No idea how to write a new ripping tool, though. I'm a noob with computers, sadly.

>final chapter
man they have no luck do they

I fucking love you. It's been a pleasure to work on Shudan and thank you once again, my friend. Oh, and feel free to come and hang out with us on the weekly jump livejournal threads whenever you feel like it, you've been a lifesaver to us.

I did this twice
Fucking runes that can decompress into a goddamn sentence on their own

I hate redrawing these grainly lines. It's not even hard but fuck redrawing them on every page.

>magazine raw has a black rectangle with "samurai" written in hiragana inside it
>volume raw has a black square with a single kanji inside

AAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN'T FIT SEVEN LETTERS IN THAAT

>that heavy stroke

What's the rule of thumb for stroking?

2 or 3 px generally, I don't recommend going bigger than that.

Good, I've been switching between those two.

And if the nip text used bigger strokes?

I'd personally still use 2 or 3, it starts to look really ugly when you increase the stroke size after 3 px.

>not liking thicc strokes
Faggot.

I just use whatever the stroke the original text had
Biggest I've gone is probably 5-6 pixels

Make is so fucking big that you never have to worry about redrawing anything.

I don't actually do that but feel like it's the most reasonable choice when most readers don't give a damn about redrawing since most releases are shit at it. It sucks wasting days working on redrawing specifically so that people don't notice it's there.

This manga goes way the fuck over the top for stroke, otherwise I'd be doing that.

Embrace the strategic laziness.

Calm down with the leveling of those blacks user. Also clean those disgusting jpeg artifacts.

Am I the only one getting "Illegal channel name" when trying to join madokami?

Yes.

Haven't gotten around to the cleaning yet, but this manga is pretty damn dark. Pic related is digital.

What is the best way in dealing with horrendous scanner artifacts, such as the scan lines in this picture? Can this be cleaned up and mitigated in post processing, or do i have to find another source for properly scanned RAWs?

>500x711
Is this a fucking joke?

alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/428000082/514

Sorry, I've got no idea how to get images off the jap site and that was the only other one I found. Just to give you some baseline for the colors.

I was more surprised about the fact that such a small resolution was official. I might start reading this manga, black haired elf chick looks really cute.

I think official resolution is closer to 600x900, but it's Alphapolis so I wouldn't be surprised.

34 chapers at the moment, covers right up to the end of the third novel. Quality of raws improves as you go but they do start off pretty shite.

And yes, she's adorable.

Well the tank scans are pretty shitty but you definitely want to fix the highlights/shadows even if a lot of details are already crushed.

I'm trying to learn as I go, but as it stands I suck ass at cleaning up the raws.

This page doesn't look completely straight to me, I may be wrong but you should check it out to be sure.

Something going on?

Were you living under a rock for the last week or something, user?

At this point there's a fucking gigantic yellow notice on its front page, where the fuck have you been?

It isn't, it's about half a degree off. You're the first person to notice that.

Did you miss the memo? It's kill.

Learn how to use curves.

ImageSource("C:\Users\Hyuri\Desktop\1515876356950.jpg").AddBorders(1, 0, 0, 0, color=$FFFFFF).ConvertToYV24(matrix="Rec709").GradFun3(thr=200, radius=1).GradFun3(thr=200, radius=1).HiAA(ssf=1.2).Crop(1, 0, 0, 0) + Surface Blur radius 4 and threshold 7.
Yes, not a single fuck was given. And no, you can't really salvage that shit.

Whelp, thanks anyways. I'm going to find the Doujin one of these days and do it myself.

>Curves
Thanks for the pointer, I'll look into it.

Are there any good guides to learning how to do redraws? I'm typesetting a non-h doujin from the bounties on e-h and doing some redraws to make it look better but this is literally my first time doing either

Tools: brush, clone stamp, content-aware healing brush.
Analyze how the tones works, if the linework is blurry or not and other small details like that.
No need for guides, the proper way to learn is proceeding by trial and error until you're satisfied.

Can someone share a shounen jump+ ripper? Would be much apprciated.

I''m almost sure someone is giving one through PM at the cafe.

Pen tool as well, if you're dealing with lines or something similar to that. Though I don't understand using brush, unless you're dealing with colored pages or a manga using tones instead of patterns.

I don't have it but you can download the chapters in Firefox using the developer tools.

So, where will you all read your manga now that batoto is going the way of the dinosaur?

On my hard drive, using CDisplayEx.

>batoto owner wants $10k for the site auction

lol

What kind of advantage it has compared to levels?

It enables you to target a certain range more precisely. It looks intimidating at first. Play around with and you'll work it out.

If there are any free translators out there, I'm trying to find one to resume Killing Bites translations. I already have the raws and a cleaner. All that's missing is someone who can make moonspeak into non-meme-filled English.

Does it work for highlights/shadows as well or do you use levels for that?

Yes, you can use it to level an image.

photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/levels-curves/

manga.sh

Soon user soon

M A S C O T S