HxH

I am rereading Hunter X Hunter , because I was tired of other manga/anime. Before this, I was starting to adhere to Sup Forums's seemingly current opinion that it's an overrated manga. Reading it again made me realise how wrong that opinion is. Everything is so well thought, so intense and foreshadowed. Even fucking Zushi using Ren for the first time gave me shivers. Togashi may not be a very talented drawer, but he ridiculously talented at composition and imparting emotion in everything he draws/writes.

Now to the question: how can anyone actually have the fucking audacity to even suggest that any human character apart from Gon has ever shown even the tiniest amount of feats to suggest they could touch Netero, sometimes even 50yo Netero. HxH is NOT about powerlevels, but still, I am left absolutely livid with fucking faggot serial soy ingesting fanboys on the internet saying that stupid Chrollo or Hisoka could defeat Netero, even at 50yo. How can people be so fucking stupid?

Sup Forums is for isekai, moe and harem
get out

How can you make something with properties of both rubber and gum?

Nen is magic. Transmuters can make their aura have literally any properties, with the appropriate training and sacrifice.

Chrollo with prep time is literally invincible. He could even beat Meruem by formulating a plan to catch them with Black Voice.

As for the retards denouncing HxH, ignore them. Togashi's writing is an intelligence test and they failed it.

But Hisoka, especially post-death, can absolutely wipe the floor with Netero. Chrollo may just be able to defeat him too, but only after meticulous preparations.

Netero past his 100s attacked faster then Pitou could activate its ability. You are literally a fanboy. He could one shot every human character as soon as he saw them. Meruem was just ridiculously resistant because his aura was unbelievably monstrous. Meruem could only win because he took almost no damage and was able to adapt to Netero's every move. You are completely delusional. Adult Gon would just straight up murder every other character except Meruem as well.

This is bait.

Was gon-san stronger than the king?
Because he sure was faster

>Intelligence test
HxH is a masterpiece, but you don't need to be intelligent to understand fictional stories, especially manga. It's about having good taste. If you think of yourself as intelligent because you like HxH then I have bad news for you.

With a proper plan, even Netero can be defeated - Gon managed to trick him in the air ship, remember?

My personal opinion is that Adult Gon is the strongest character to appear, except for post rose Meruem, because of Meruem's abilities. But in raw power, Adult Gon is just straight up ridiculous.

>I don't like it so it's bait
Fuck off.

>the absolute state of Chrollocucks

He couldnt kill the fucking clown with a year of prep time and his entire crew.

The point of the Chimera Ant arc for me was partially how effort and preparation only takes you so far. Meruem could represent nature and how some things are so grandiose that they are untouchable by humans, no matter their efforts and talent.

>my husbando isn't the best so I'll say it really loud until everyone agrees with me

>Isn't the best
Virtually undefeated and canonically the strongest human after Ging, who is a Gary Stu anyway. There's no need for me to shout the obvious.

Yet Meruem was taken out by a cheap bomb. Even though he was the strongest character in the series, his strength ultimately couldn't save his life.

No he would've gotten wrecked be Meruem before the rose power up, he probably wouldn't even last as long as Netero did.

Hisoka is a good character, but he nowhere near the strongest characters shown. I know you're baiting, so I'm just telling you that I really like his character as well (except Greed Island, where he becomes a pansy).

I meant more in how individual humans can compete with nature. The conclusion could be that humans surpass nature when they compete against eachother, and not nature itself, hence the bomb and that line "humanity's infinite potential for destruction".

He just overwhelmed Pitou so easily and so much that I believe he would be at least as comfortable as Netero. But speculating is just that, hence why I started.my response to him with my personal opinion.

Meruem was so fucking OP he was nearly a Gary Stu, Pitou was like Tonpa compared to him that's how much of a gap there is between their powers.

I guess that might be the most accurate way of seeing it, to be honest now that you say it.

Also, just went through pic related, my whole body has goosebumps, fucking masterpiece.

I gave it 50 chapters and it did nothing for me, just seemed like a very cookie cutter battle shounen. Can't rule out it getting better later on but 50 chapters is more than enough for any series to get good.

Yeah I love it when there's some powerful being or god that also has some form of magic but humanity is still able to kill it with the power of technology.

we don't know how big of a gap was between their powers
I mean, the Royal Guard still wasn't useless, so they couldn't have been mere amobes in comparison to him.

Meruem is just smarter than him plain and simple. He'd have to take him seriously though.

You are missing out, but if you think that even the first 50 chapters are typical battle shonen then you probably read a different manga.

The thing that gives me the impression that Gon was a threat was that Pitou recognised him as such. That and the way he utterly blew her the fuck out without any effort. The gap between Royal Guard and King is surely big, but the fight was so one sided that it really gave off the impression he was just on a ridiculously higher level. Even if he is more of a strategist, in raw power/aura Gon would probably be the closest character to the king.

Watch the new anime

The thing about Chrollo is that he can literally have any ability, and use multiple at the same time. People have already commented that Meleoron's true invisibility power and Knov's scream could've one shot the king.

Obviouslly Chrollo has neither of these abilities that we know of, but the posibility remains.

He needs to acquire the abilities first. And Meruem just proves that raw power > everything else in the end (if the difference is big enough). Also those shitty theories prove absolutely nothing, we know nothing about how scream works.

>He needs to acquire the abilities first
I get that, but the possibility exists. Chrollo knows it himself too, he said himself all he needs to do is stay away until he has what he needs, and then to strike.

>Meruem just proves that raw power > everything else in the end
Actually considering the fight was power vs power it doesn't prove that. Netero just had a lot of speed, it's not like he tried any trickery in thatc stage in the fight. When he did use trickery, he basically destroyed the king there and then, and even after the king saved him, Netero's trick finished him off. So if anything, the fight proves that raw power can't do more than overpower someone who faces it.

>we know nothing about how scream works
That's not true. We saw an application of it. That single application is all that's considered.

Unless Chrollo gets known by the king, I think he could pull off an assassination. Getting in the king's range unprepaired (which is a massive range, no doubt) would be suicide. I think it's unlikely but possible.

>So the strongest and most experienced Nen user in the known world goes in prepared to blow himself up because he was counting on it being impossible to actually defeat Meruem, and a famous criminal would just be able to one up him easily...
Your argument is literally "b-but you can't say it is impossible!!!". Any character could potentially kill everybody else, following that logic, and this discussion is thus stupid.

>he was counting on it being impossible to actually defeat Meruem
Netero believed in power via martial skill. He faced Meruem head on. He lost because Meruem's raw power was greater than his trained power. In the end Meruem's durability, speed, and tactic beat Netero's. Just because Netero was probably the strongest full on character we had seen at that point, doesn't make it sensible to spout "durrrr there's no possible way someone could beat Meruem what so ever!!!!!"

>Your argument is literally "b-but you can't say it is impossible!!!"
No, my argument is that it's entirely possible within the restraints of Chrollo's power and mindset. Chrollo would know not go against him without having a valid strategy, as displayed, and outright mentioned in his heaven's arena fight.

>Any character could potentially kill everybody else, following that logic, and this discussion is thus stupid.
I don't believe that's true, but if you believe that, and you think discussion is pointless, why are you dicussing it?

My dude, why would he even be able to come up with a working plan? He was outskilled by Kurapika, and he even failed in assessing how his own teamates would act. Saying "we don't know all his powers, he could have something strong hidden" is absolutely worthless. He has no powers that would allow him to go and not get one shorted in the first 0.001s they met. I'm sorry, but people that actually think Chrollo and Hisoka are anywhere near the performance level of the top cats in the series are clearly overreaching.

This scene made my entire decade

>Saying "we don't know all his powers, he could have something strong hidden" is absolutely worthless.
Did I say that? I don't think I did. I said he has the ability to take and use two abilities, and that we know two that is a commonly seen as overpowered.

>He has no powers that would allow him to go and not get one shorted in the first 0.001s they met.
You claimed it was worthless saying what he could have, is it not equally as worthless saying what he doesn't have, when you don't know if he does or not?

It seems you don't understand, you keep talking about Meruems "raw might", you keep talking about what Chrollo has instead of his potential to have. Have you actually read HxH? Because it seems you atleast did not understand it. Powerlevels don't come into the fight as much, almost all of the fights are won with tactics rather than pure strength. Chrollo's abilitiy is good becasue it allows for an insane ammount of combinations, not because he can jump from one nuke to another. Let me break it down for you one last time.

1. Chrollo is known not to fight in unfavourable conditions
2. Chrollo has an ability to make the fight favourable by taking new abilities from other people
3. There's two known abilities which fit within Chrollo's own, that could kill potentially anyone from stealth

the possibility is there. Denying it is delusion. If you're so against it, you should be aruging against that specifc combination of powers from a more practical stand point, such as "Chrollo couldn't hold his breath for that long"

It really is a great series overall, but the janky shoe horned in healing arc and the absolutely trivial and boring ship arc really tarnishes it.

Implying black voice could even pierce any part of Meruem's body. The softest part is probably his eyes, which he would just grab in a millisecond.

>Meruem dick suckers are over taking chrollocucks and hisokucks in terms of fanboyism
who would've guessed.

Friend, he can only have one ability activated at each time. He couldn't hide and switch to use scream before getting found out and killed. Unless his new ability allowed that, haven't reread his fight with Hisoka. And scream worked on a soldier ant, we don't know if it could be overpowered.
Chimera ant arc basically showcased that against certain odds preparation is meaningless. They even make it a point to mention exactly that which you said (aura size isn't winning odds) and to have that handed out to them during the final fights.

My favourite "powerhouse" character is actually Netero, but Meruem just destroys everyone in a fight, it's not even a contest.

Healing arc was really bad, but the ship arc is refreshing, I'm liking it a lot.
While I thought the healing arc was stupid, I must admit that I am rooting for Gon to regain his Nen and eventually evolve to his full potential, as he could. I would love to see him brutally murder another cocksucker like Pitou.

We're only 12 chapters into the arc, at least give it some time before calling it boring.