Netflix

Is anime saved or doomed?

Yes.

Sup Forums is doomed.

I don't see the problem with it, they just give some extra bucks to the anime industry to broadcast shit in the west. Worst case scenario there will be more "ironic weebs", but again just ignore those fags and they won't do any harm.

scenario A: anime is saved
>anime is infested with normies now! REEE

scenario B: anime is not saved
>fucking normies ruined anime! REEE

Sup Forums is always stable

Has it ever not been?

If Netflix' plan is to just hand out cash in exchange for padding out their catalogue, then it's all good.

>No more moeshit for creepy virgins
Fucking saved

If Netflix wants to beat the competition, I think an anime strategy would probably be better for them in the long term than shit like Bright.

How do they feel about muh suffix? I miss my Onii-chans and -chans in general

They produce nothing but terrible shows, so it's okay.

Most the shit Netflix releases will be hot garbage so I wouldn't really worry too much. Crybaby was a rare exception to the rule

Going by Devilman crybaby I'd say it's saved considering Crybaby is the best anime since I don't know what.

Saved, I also really enjoyed the Castlevania anime

Anime is about to improve for the masses, and get worse for the Sup Forums secret club.

This. We are approaching a sort of anime renaissance and there's nothing Sup Forums can do to stop it.

If they helped fund VEG then I have no problem with it.

Just give the good studios the money.

>pic
Shoop of "norm flakes" when?

>anything that isn't a pretentious art house or some power fantasy ass pulls is moeshit.

I really dislike that Netflix tries to influence what shows get made in the end.
CR supposedly tried similar shit, but they fortunately don't have the money to have success with that.

Amazon is a fucking shithole for different reasons (e.g. Alexa), but I have never heard about them actually trying to change the anime industry.
Japan fucked up when they didn't create a platform of their own, but at this point such a platform would create even more turmoil, so I hope they don't start now.

Japan still doesn't care about what westerners like and there's nothing you can do about it. Maid-dragon and Cowboy bebop are still flops.

Define "saving anime"

As long as they have zero say in what goes on in the series themselves

So you mean it's going to get casualized and every show is going to be the same thing? Just like open world RPG and shooter video games.

That's true, in fact Japs are idiots with no sense for bussiness. This is why the current industry is all sort of fucked up, they try to appeal to a niche crowd with overpriced products, lots of small studios barely surviving and trying to shit out as much low quality crap as possible, tons of anime being glorified LN commercials that will never see an ending or even a second season. I'm not saying they should pander to the west but they should know how to make some money, there is an entire world to use as a market instead of a small percentage of smelly otaku nips.

>Sup Forumsermins being a fucktard as usual
yeah you guys are the only ones dumb enough to believe that Netflix and shit like that will kill anime.

Children of the whales was good.

Anime is in a very good position right now and I doubt it'll be shaken that easily.

The REALLY problematic stuff has been mostly quietly purged well over a decade ago (the occasional Mitsudomoe & Made in Abyss scene notwithstanding). I very doubt any Netflix out there really cares enough to tell a studio "Don't make a cute girls SoL", much less go down into the tiny scene-by-scene details of "add scene X" or "remove shot Y". That's not how distributors work. Walmart doesn't tell Paramount what to put in its next summer blockbuster.

Even if we're taking into account the idea of economic pressure (i.e. bad shit sells well on Netflix), I doubt it'll make much of an impact. It's not a zero sum game, even if the Netflix audience grows big enough to really make a splash (unlikely anytime soon), it doesn't mean stuff other than battle shounen would suddenly stop being made. In fact, studios ALREADY face these exact financial incentives: The most popular series in Japan are One Piece, Naruto and SnK. The otaku stuff has always been and will always remain a viable niche. There's also a steady supply of would-be animators, screenwriters, mangaka and seiyu in the doujin scene; studios are good at tapping that for cash, ideas and manpower, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

>Netflix tries to influence what shows get made
Do you have a single shred of evidence to back that up?

>every show is going to be the same thing
You mean like right now, with video game shit, harem shit, and idol shit comprising a huge chunk of current anime?

Ah, I didn't realize it's still 2013.

>there is an entire world to use as a market instead of a small percentage of smelly otaku nips
Haha OK. Get back to me when you can compare otaku retards who CONSISTENTLY fork out hundreds of dollars per customer compared to Westerners who illegally watch 99% of anime and consider $10 a month for Netflix to be the absolute most.

>Godzilla finally gets an anime after 60 fucking years
>it's a netflix exclusive, done in motion capture CGI and subbed by Funimation
>it was supposed to be a series, but Netflix made it into 3 movies