Too problematic?

Too problematic?

I wish it were more edgy.

Could use some rape.

If the author does anything actually sexual more than non self aware child boners he'll get shut down for the pedo he is immediately.

The word problematic is a pleb filter

Too perfect you mean. AOTY 2017. Kemono furries and gemsexuals get fucked.

It has tentacle rape

Nah, he won't. Doesn't matter what Americans think when he still sells in Japan and Europe outside the places like UK which technically already bans his work in it's current form.

Play the beginning of the scene where Riko's arm mushrooms are being torn off and on repeat and that should do it

Honestly the mangaka's hyper focus on children in sexual situations makes me wonder if he's a legit pedophile

If you think that's something new and shocking, then I have very bad news for you. Pedophilia is relatively common in Japan compared to west (no-one really knows why) and it's very common with manga artists. Tsukushi just makes it more blatant than most non-hentai artists and that's genius because he is Hayao Miyazaki (currently closeted pedo, but indirectly admitted it in past) combined with Horihone Saizou.

Pedophilia is common everywhere, Japan is just less closeted.

I guess that could also be case. Also, it's ironic that it was the west who started lolicon boom in Japan. Things like (then legal) CP from Europe and "art" photos of nude girls reached 70s Japan and started a kind of sexual revolution.

There is no evidence lolicon in shunga (old times erotic art of Japan made since the middle ages) and all the shotacon is related to cultural practices like shudo rather than idolization of prepubescent male form.

oh user, so innocent and unaware of how deep the loli hole goes.

no, too unfinished, and it didnt help that the author stopped the manga while working on the anime. too fucking soon

>deep loli hole
user, please.
one can only be so erect.

I love how the Western ruling class publicly admonishes sexualization of "underage" females, even when they are post-pubescent, and meanwhile they are the main consumers of human trafficking, "spirit cooking", and virtually anything degenerate, amoral and nihilistic which you can think of.

Too popular

Doesn't matter and never will.

There's no way he's not a pedophile.

I can't believe Riko got fucking raped

>makes me wonder
He makes literally no attempt to hide or feel any shame over it.

too furry.

MiA isn't Western mainstream enough for there to be any outrage about sexualized lolis. Maybe if OPM or SnK or DBZ Super did people would get mad, but not MiA.

I think it's a multifaceted issue related to how young girls act and what men sexualize. Basically there's a lot of emphasis in Japan on the importance of a girl's innocence, but Japanese men also heavily fetishize that same innocence. This leads to a lot of guys who think adult women are too scary and want someone more, well, innocent. Some of them follow idols, some of them read loli manga, and some become legit pedos.

On top of all this is a society that stays quiet about sex in general, so most Japanese people have no idea how many of their friends and family are lolicons. I worked in Japan and none of my coworkers knew ANYTHING about weird /d/ shit. They would have been shocked and disgusted to learn that corner of their country exists. Compare that with America, where most people know what furries and foot lovers and other common strange fetishes are. I think there would be major political backlash against a lot of loli/guro/ect if every Japanese man suddenly became as open with his sexual preferences as we are in the West.

It's a difficult problem to tackle without a major change in societal values. Japanese people just don't like talking about sex stuff.

Yes, don't let the toxic people here tell you otherwise.

Not that he SHOULD feel shame, mind you

>popular

Besides a few cross-boarders spamming Nanachi and having people call MiA fans furryfags, this series isn't that popular.

Tsukushi's got you covered

Is that armor giving that little boy boobs?

Honestly I love the story of this manga, but holy fuck. Like really dude? I like how dark it is, but I don't think children getting raped was needed. I just wanted to learn the past and the bottom of the abyss. Maybe all the white whistles too. Either way I cannot recommend this to many people cause they'll think im a pedo

Wait why don't I remember this part?

>that loli nipple
This mangaka is a madman

The fuck is spirit cooking.

It's been full of loli nipple you filthy secondary.

Reminder that Tsukushi draws his chapters in a long cocaine and shota-filled rage

>I believe no harm will come to you

Nice lie.

Anime only or did you speed read through chapter 43?

I watched him draw live.
So that's what his "walks" are. Just going next room to rape his meat toilet shota in new ways to fuel his imagination.
What a madman.

>tfw normalfags forever triggered

Ritualistic cannibalism

Awful series. Move on people. Best in a whole year of shit does not make it good.

Just like Steven King and all literary greats

2017 was a pretty good year. Typically there's only one good series per year if any, but 2017 had Kemono Friends, Made in Abyss and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou.

>typically there's only one good series per year if any
Maybe if you have unrealistic standards and watch two shows a season.

Define problematic?

No, it's just that I have a taste. Also, I do watch plenty of moeshit, shounenshit and even some haremshit, but those series aren't usually good enough to be good.

Need to watch Houseki no Kuni from 2017 cause it seems to be possibly legitimately good series that I missed.

>hyper focus
wut? I found the focus normal for the setting.

It's only flaw

Houseki no Kuni is better than shitposting on Sup Forums.

IMPOSSIBLE

Sup Forums meme
True. The west is "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" made flesh. everything they bash anime for can be found in YA and various other books. They close off themselves and them act like someone has come up with something "revolutionary" when 1 project tries something uncommon. I recall how big transformers and "end of the world" movies got because people wanted to see lots of destruction while anime has been blowing away cities for years
you got the wrong page. The toilet is the one who raped her

actually nothing wrong with that
that's where most creative genius shows itself

no one got raped. It also goes back to personal preference but I don't think its more horrific than people being chopped up and put into boxes so they can be living shields

>Awful series
wut? it good. even the edge works better than in Okamoto's works.

Houseki no Kuni is good. I wish the west had made it instead of steven universe

>The toilet is the one who raped her
She sat on him consensually!

only because there was no other option. if its war and some guy is offering you food for sex does not mean you were willing

True, the guro in MiA is far worse than the sexual stuff which isn't even at level of average seinen "ecchi" series, but normies don't watch those series, so they think sexual stuff in MiA is something crazy.

>willingly trade sex for food
>not willing
???

>monsters want to tear her apart and take her limbs
>"wtf the they are raping her??!?!?!? FUCKING PEDO MANGA XDD"
fuck off brainlet

Really, MiA just acknowledges that children have sexual traits, which some people find discomforting.

Meanwhile its depictions of gore are far more deliberate and disturbing.

>orth is a shithole
>people die left and right
>lots of orphans that are treated liek trash/fodder
>extreme tortures
>"LOL they shower her nipples, what is this pedo shit?! XD"

Just shows how ridiculously popular this series is because no-one familiar with anime and manga would be triggered by loli nipples so hard.

>>orth is a shithole
I dunno, seems decently nice other than the illegal wharf-slum.

Pee in pants is pretty problematic.

>mfw normalfags can't handle Tsukushi's genious.

What US anime "industry" outlet's review did you copy that from?

>he was fine with Prushsoup
>suddenly realises the manga is problematic when Rico gets tentacled

>delvers die all the time which results in tons of orphans
>the goverment is glad that brave adventurers' souls go back to the abyss
>the only thing children can do for survival is delving, but not all of them are lucky enough to find themselves in an orphanage
>Orth doesn't allow usage of autism tier relics, while foreing countries pay Bon to create super technology

The only problematic thing is the ever increasing furfaggotry.

Furfaggotry in generally getting popular again as evidenced by Kemono Friends. Tsukushi is just following the trend.

it's the child version of shinsekai yori

which means everything is kiddy and cartoony while still being fucked up

which makes it 10x worse because it has no adult visuals to go with the adult themes

"creative genius" isn't constantly doing hard drugs so that your sub conscious bleeds into your conscious mind while you're awake and starts taking control of your thoughts and desires because you're a repressed pedophile

creative genius is when you're a creative genius despite the fact of how oppressive your conscious is of your sub conscious

Made in Abyss? More like Made in a Piss.

But Tsukushi isn't repressing his pedophilia. He is totally open and shameless about it.

Or more likely he's aiming for the closet-pedo/lolicon audience.

I'm not sure I understand why the characters in this series are such young children anyway.
Doesn't make any real sense considering some of the stuff they do.

It didn't make sense in Evangelion either and it's the most popular show ever, moron.

I don't know why but he made me feel feels when Mitty got zapped.
and it's been a while since any medium made me feel the feels. Even sandniggers getting torn apart by IED's don't make me feels anymore.

He does at times go a bit to gory for me like breaking the bone to cut off an arm. I think hes far better at making you care/ feels trough backstory rather than trough schock.
but hey that might just be my inner jaded Sup ForumsSup Forumsck talking

> get back to Sup Forums
we are on your boards watching your animus

>but normies don't watch those series
Western normies are pretty okay with Game of Thrones (detailed sex scene with 13 years old Daenerys Targaryen in books) and "IT" (children fucking orgy). I dunno why everyone so mad about nude potatoes in MiA, especially after gazillion loli shows.

Literally no one cares. Go the fuck back

Go back.

My problem with it is that he seems to make the characters cute blobs as a cheap way to make it more chocking when they get brutalized.

It does make more sense in NGE since it's target audience is teenagers rather than adults.

But this is why MiA is good. It has all the good things of kids' stuff, but is no holds barred made for adults.

>loli peeing herself
literally perfect

Why does MiA's themes seem so controversial? It's fiction.

What's with the art? It's not bad, just making it kinda hard to read the manga. Not sure if it's the shading or composition.

I can't even believe he's just in his 30s
dude look like a gay santa

He is very high-test. Rare thing in Japan. Probably has Ainu genes.

Reminder that the bigger the moralfag, the more fucked up they are.

>he'll get shut down for the pedo he is immediately.
But he lives in Japan. All he has to do is slap 18+ and he is fine.

>Reminder that the bigger the moralfag, the more fucked up they are.
This. Just look at the swedish newspapers, talking about how all men are rapists and then it turned out that the very same people writing these articles did rape others themselves.

>Tsukushi is just following the trend.
You realize Nanachi was introduced in 2014 right?