Your Name. Just got done watching this movie amazing love it. Still didn't cry to it since I can't cry for anything...

Your Name. Just got done watching this movie amazing love it. Still didn't cry to it since I can't cry for anything. What are Sup Forums thoughts about this film, and why is it so nostalgic? I've only watched once and fell sad.

10/10 will watch agian.

>I can't cry anything
This is the same for me when I watched this movie, people said they burst into tears. I did get suspense and that twist got me hard af. Still can't cry when it comes to anime

Am i the only one that didn't like the ending?

Not again .

Yeah I shouldn't, I always get sad afterwards.

Why is she tied up?

What did Pop Team Epic mean by this?

I personally found Pop Team Epic's adaptation of Your Name more inspired. I know it was only for the joke but I genuinely cried when the girl died. It was such a touching moment. Your Name was boring and pointless in comparison.

Idk it's just really geniune and well put together the characters are believable and feel real, no edgy traumatic depressing childhood needed, just great personality, good character interaction an well done facial animations.
Like by the end I was so desperate to see them finally meet each other, never have i been gripped by a romance like this.

The film has a lot of heart, it's close to home and of course i'm only scratching the surface, but it's an amazing film, glad you liked it. You should watch it again, you'll catch a few new things.

I think I enjoyed it too much wasn't paying enough attention. Before I could realise it a hour already passed and felt like 5 minutes.

W-what is he showing her?

They're in a loving, romantic relationship.

That doesn't explain the rope.

It ABSOLUTELY explains the rope.

Your Name is shit compared to this.

>▶
agreed, doesnt even hold a candle

Literally just finished watching A Silent Voice. That is always my go to when I am depressed.

What's it about?

I finally watched it a few days ago and it's honestly dethroned my previous #1 spot for favorite animated movie.
Theres some plot stuff that's iffy but the experience itself makes up for it.
I want to be optimistic about the American adaptation but every time I go over it, I'm not sure how they'd even make it work UNLESS they set it in Japan and hire Japanese-American actors but this is Hollywood we're talking about.

>I'm not sure how they'd even make it work UNLESS they set it in Japan and hire Japanese-American actors but this is Hollywood we're talking about.

OOYYYY VEYYYYYY

Great movie. Felt like I was missing or I'd lost something as soon as it finished. Not many films give me that feeling.

If they make either Mitshusa or Taki black. I will literally Elliot Rodger JJ Abrams and other people involved in the movie l. That twist got me good too

(((Let's))) add a black taki!

I am not that good at brief rundowns, but its about a guy who bullies a deaf girl. He takes it a bit too far and has to live with it. It never goes too far without buildup and it has plenty of scenes to tug at heart strings, the first scene always tickles at my depression and makes me choke up.

America has a city and a countryside. Oh, the string magic? Easy, local folk tale. The rituals and all? Forget it, replace it with some country music. See? Fixed.

Erased was well done, but that's not by Hollywood is it.

Sounds like fun might check it out.

>replace it with some country music

I think you mean replace it with rap and make it take place in Baltimore

I fetish where i bully a cute blind girl. While still being here freind I grope her butt boob etc. The thought of that make me cum buckets so this anime might go down my alley

I'd recommend it. I've probably watched it a few times now and it still plays with my emotions.

I hate this feeling, I don't understand when I ever finish a anime I feel sad all fucking day sometimes a week.

I think its just the idea that something you genuinely enjoyed is over. I use to get it a lot when I watched seasonal anime. I just stopped watching anime all together until someone recommended A Silent Voice. Still haven't checked out the new Kekkai season even though S1 was one of my favorites.

I thought of quiting anime just because of it. But no matter where I go I always get reeled back in.

Aside from the twist, I thought it was just so-so.

I'll say I enjoyed it more than your name.

That's the thing
I live in the South but there's honestly nothing here equivalent to those rituals and stuff.
Sure you could make stuff up but a big thing I liked in the original was how genuine things felt

I thought it was really meh. Don't get the hype frankly. The biggest problem I had is that the romance development was really rushed, so I didn't care all that much about them getting together or not.

I think it would've been more powerful if they'd ended on the bridge as they passed by each other.

>nothing here equivalent to those rituals and stuff.
Because we killed the indians

Exactly
You make a good point; that would be a good place to start, though. A growing town with a small Native population. But again, Hollywood

Totally. Disappearance is the greatest anime movie of all time. I wasn't bored a single second during those 2 hours and 50 minutes. Kimi no Na Wa is still good though.

Can't say I disagree with you.

>I think it would've been more powerful if they'd ended on the bridge as they passed by each other.
Holy fuck I can only imagine my feels ;_;

IMMMM MEEEEE!

Mediocre at best

kyon kun denwa

Eh I think this movie isn't worth crying at all.

I thought I was going to be depressed with it but instead just raged and laughed a bit, it just felt hella forced at times

I was quite moved by the second half climax and the ending, but I watched this movie very late and was kind of spoiled on the ending so I didn't get teary.

What I liked about it most was the character dynamics and how everyone was proactive, so it moved the story along. A lot of the anime movies I've seen lately have more expository dialogue than I care for. Even when there was talking they were done in interesting settings, like the weaving and walking to the sacred place etc.

They are a better liar then me when they say they didn't cry

I appreciate that Mitsuha looked cute in any hairstyle, short or long, ribbon or no ribbon.

It managed to make me feel for the protagonist in the end so I'd say the director did something right.

I remember when Mitsuha and Taki walked past each other on the steps, I was clearly thinking - don't you two dare not turn around and say something.

I felt emotional during the whole movie but never once actually shed any tears. The only anime let alone work of fiction to ever make me cry was Clannad but that was because it made me realize how shitty of a person I was.

Which encode is the best? There's a new one released every ガッデム week

KIMI NO NA WA IS OVERRATED

Now delete this thread, nigger faggot

Taki(Mitsuha) was pretty cute honestly

Why haven't there been any Your Name rip-offs yet?

Keit-Ai is still in production user

Shinkai style is not easy to replicate. I mean, his sense of lighting and tone is different from normal. You can find more beautiful and detailed background works (e.g.kyoani) but they're still not as unique as Shinkai.

>I can't cry for anything
Man tears only for his country and when his child die

Anything else is baby tier faggotary

Also this movie ending was so simply bad for them, and worst of all people considering it good ending

They don't fucking remember each other, it's like they died, reinacarnated and met again, absolute shit