One Piece

Looks like G3≃Powermochi.

Luffy has upgraded his COO, COA, strength, speed, and endurance in about an hour since re-entry into the mirror world. If g3 is this strong now, just how powerful is g4?

Or maybe Katakuri's running out of Haki.

More like Oda is a hack.

Katacucks on suicide watch

If there was an edit or "re-master" of sorts for One Piece what do you think would be changed or you would want changed?

I think the most significant concept alterations could be:
>bounties are different from the beginning and balanced with the grand scheme of the series in mind
>Haki is a concept touched on more, particularly armament with it's visibility, with armament perhaps being introduced as early as Whitebeard and Shank's clash or Ace vs. Blackbeard

In terms of story events:
>Coby is slightly older and bigger and less pathetic looking but still wimpy overall
>Grand Line is known to be mysterious and deadly but is not a complete, unknown mystery in East Blue
>other Sabaody Supernova are hinted at earlier on, notably Kidd and Law, perhaps through newpapers or posters
>Blackbeard isn't as affected by Jet Pistol at Impel Down though he does get caught off guard and hurt a little

I'm not sure how Crocodile would be handled, he is the most difficult to really deal with. CP9 and Haki is also somewhat awkward, especially considering the line about how even the Vice-Admirals, all known Haki users, acknowledge Lucci.

>>bounties are different from the beginning and balanced with the grand scheme of the series in mind
Other than Crocodile, whose bounty seems wrong?

>Aphelandra will never serve you soup
>Aphelandra will marry you
>Aphelandra will never let you use her enormous body as a bed and her chest as your pillow

>luffy about to win
>katachad gets his own powerup and beats him down again
The only way luffy will survive is if the smoothie coup thing happens so katakuri needs to go.

Dark Souls helped me cope with that. A little.

Would it be better if they forego bounties in the first place? That shit is irrelevant and only serves as powerlevel. It'll be a different thing if strong bounty hunters introduced all throughout the arcs.

I think they're perfectly fine as pseudo-powerlevels. I don't get the complaint against their scaling. Besides maybe Crocodile.

The absolute state of Katafags

>Ace vs. Blackbeard
Do they even have Haki?

>implying Gear 3 got stronger when he's just using it against Peerless Donuts

My sides.

Will haki imbued dick make the sex a bbc sex?

Does Oda think all Katakuri fans are annoying 15 year old girls? RUDE!

A number of the earlier ones really, especially the Shichibukai

Crocodile being a New World pirate of apparent renown before the Whitebeard incident and having merely 70 million looks strange.

Just the best ones. Keep up, user.

Thats a stretch, probably around 10

haki was in chapter one when shanks arm was bitten off

Why didnt shanks use CoA

Ay YO! Hands up nigga!

That was obviously Shanks's first use of it, just like when Luffy pacified Duval's bull.

Besides Crocodile, I don't see what's wrong with their bounties. They don't represent their peak strength, but that just means they got the Shichibukai offer before revealing/realizing their peak strength.

he wasn't trained in it yet

Damage control

No, not really. Post-timeskip hasn't been any different. Do you really think Weevil is only worth 480 million? The guy Kizaru calls a real monster and reminiscent of a young Whitebeard, 480 million? That's less than Ace. That's less than pre-WCI Luffy. You think that's an accurate bounty, user?

I think Oda specifically undervalues and overvalues certain characters through their bounties, while others he doesn't give a shit about and just says it like it is. I think the Straw Hats and Shichibukai, for example, are underplayed, while the Beast Pirates will be overplayed, and the BMP are played straight.

Crocodile is the one exception because there are certain things that seem instantly worth 100 million to me and having a Logia seems like one of them. Having confirmed Haki control and being a giant seem like others.

the anime isn't started until 10 years after the manga for better pacing.

Haki is implemented from the very first chapter. Sabo doesn't exist.

Filtered :)

>If there was an edit or "re-master" of sorts for One Piece what do you think would be changed or you would want changed?

Shanks probably wouldnt lose his arm to a shitty sea monster at the start when hes supposed one of the strongest dudes in the entire fucking world that can cleave ships in half.

Is this a joke? I don't think I've met anyone hating on Perospero.

I hate perospero

Being strong doesn't make you invincible. Old age fucking beat the shit out of Whitebeard, a disease beat the Pirate King. Even if you're a fucking monster, sometimes shit can still get you, and in this case, a sea king's big fucking teeth got Shanks'

He licks men. This makes him GAY. No one likes gays.

Shanks losing an arm was Oda writing that part without thinking he'd have the series last for 20 years and power creep making every character be Frieza.

Maybe shanks didnt lose his arm afterall. Look at jimbo

He wanted to lick Nami in a scene. So this doesn't make him gay.

Gays like gays. Checkm8

>shanks senses the final war approaching
>regrows his arm due to immense haki meditation

Shanks always had to lose an arm in the first place. It's his sacrifice for plot purposes to spur Luffy into being a proper pirate

Why do you think G3 is significantly less powerful than G4? It's not like Saiyan transformations.

It's just gear 3 with haki. Stop trying to make things complicated. And Luffy hasn't "upgraded" all of that at all. His COO haki is just getting better through extreme usage. He's still only using COA because full on gear 4 will drain his haki

>A number of the earlier ones really, especially the Shichibukai
Like WHO. You keep saying that, but Crocodile was the only bounty that was way too low

Katakuri will get mindbroken the second he lands on his back.

Elephant Gun could barely scratch one of Cracker's biscuit soldiers and Gear Fourth utterly annihilated them

I like sucking gay cocks. no homo

>>bounties are different from the beginning and balanced with the grand scheme of the series in mind
I disagree heavily, bounties should never represent power levels. Oda has the right idea about this. The brains of a terrorist organization that has 0 personal combat power and petty crimes whatsoever should always have a bigger reward than a mass murderer.

ototo Donkī Kongu

A bet on the new age.

I still can't fucking believe that Law killed both Monet and Vergo.

They do roughly represent power levels. There are exceptions to the rule, but Oda specifically uses them to hype up how strong characters are. Perospero himself used it this way.

Honestly, I think that bounties should stop being a sort of "power level" where it should really be based on crap they did.

Like it would make sense for Luffy to have one of the highest bounties because of punching fish bowl.

I mean, where do you think this sort of money would come from on the hypothetical where you bring them in? The marines? Yeah right.

Blackbeard got the money when he brought Ace in.

i still can't believe that monet is coming back using jinbeis arm as a horcrux to revive herself in wano before revealing the will of d and raping eneru who came back from the moon. bravo oda.

Why can't we admit that Zoro and Sanji are both cool and Nami and Robin are both goddesses?

Well, in-universe, it is based on their crimes and their potential for future crimes. It does work that way - in-universe. It's just that in reality it serves as a hype device for the readers. It's completely arbitrary, because nobody's going to capture these people and turn them in, but I don't get how that hurts the series for you, or whatever. I like them personally because it gives us a look into what Oda thinks of a character's strength without having to actually see them duke it out and listen to featfags argue.

Haki doesn't enlarge stuff, it just imbues it with willpower.
Basically he wills his fist to hit or defend against something.

Bounties were never power levels, only powerlevel faggots think they are. It's a threat level, which is why Kid's was higher than Luffy, since he went around killing civilians. And punching a CD doesn't make you a threat, it makes you an idiot. Beating down big name pirates, attacking government facilities, demonstrating a degree of strength that can make the Marines and government wary of you, thats how you earn bigger bounties.

This is a 13 year old girl.

>Haki doesn't enlarge stuff,

But Bounties aren't always reliable when it comes to physical power, Usopp has 200 Million on his head and he sure as hell doesn't have the power Luffy had in Paradise.

Punching a CD IS a threat because it means you have either the balls or stupidity to do it knowing what they are.

yea I guess it could.
Maybe that's just what he looks like without his coat on..

Mochi is an utterly ridiculous fruit. Even if Luffy manages to master CoO in this fight how can he ever out do the fruit disadvantage without awakening?

Guy is one of the four yonkos. Gets a limb bitten of by an east blue fish in chapter 1. This is somehow good writing and a master piece

Luffy doesn't necessarily have to defeat Katakuri right now. Just meet his crew at 9pm or whenever they were meant to meet.

If BM is casual and chill after eating the cake there might be another way to end this conflict.

Sanji could beat Katakuri with donuts.

Mochi is the better fruit overall, but it doesn't seem like Katakuri has any particularly devastating attacks - just really versatile ones. I can still see king kong gun powering through a bunch of donut arms and smacking Katakuri for the KO. Katakuri said that mochi can do everything rubber can do, but he can't use air pressure from compression in the way that G4 can so it seemed like a foreshadowing of how he was going to go down.

Shanks wasn't a Yonkou at that time was he?

So... Does the Tametabako or whatever the name is have will or something? Did it explode to help the SH? I didn't really understood what did stussy mean

Don't you understand that shanks lost his arm on purpose so luffy feel he was in debt with him and that forced him to keep going because "muh shanks lost an arm because of me, I must give him this hat again"

Dude that chest was filled with explosives and rigged to detonate when it was opened. Reread the end of Fishman Island if you want to know what happened.

Stussy was just giving them even more reason to hate the SHs

I think she was just implying that the Straw Hats were craftier than anyone had assumed, and was suggesting that their attack on BM was far more methodical and calculated than it may appear.

We don't know the timeline for Shanks' Yonkou status. But since he was z Hawkeyes rival since before losing his arm, its safe to say he wasnt exactly weak during romance dawn

Sea kings are glass cannons. You can't defend from getting chomped on by a giant fucking monster, even if you're also strong enough to kill it in one hit.

Shanks went to his physical limits to get out to sea that fast and grab Luffy, he didn't have time to defend himself or think about fighting back.

Shanks swims from the shore all the way to where Luffy was drowning because he's a fucking retard in mere seconds.

I'm going to go with the assumption that he has Haki slightly greater than current Luffy at that point. So he's probably super focused on getting there and not "calm" so his observation haki isn't kicking in.
He then doesn't really need to armament himself cause in his mind he just needs to catch Luffy.

Once he gets there he notices the sea monster but that's just way too little time to do anything. He still manages to ONLY lose his arm before intimidating the Sea monster.

mont d'or and tamago were seen discussing the possibility that the chateau falling down was also part of the strawhats and their allies' plan. the former was firm that there was no way that they thought of something like that and that the tamatebako exploding was just a mere side incident. the latter instead was saying that even if it was related to them or not, it didn't really matter in the end since it happened right during an enemy invasion and they could very well take the credit for that anyways

stussy actually confirming their doubts only give the big mom's pirates another reason to despise the straw hats even after all the shit they've already caused

I thought this was a case of him not wanting to cause trouble.

What's super funny is that all you losers are nitpicking the first fucking chapter of the series out of soon to be 900. A chapter that mostly doesn't have too many plot holes.

>really calm
>cant see half a second into the future
>cant even see evil intend

Reread jaya

He's drunk off his ass and didn't give a shit.

His spear attacks are devastating and would probably one shot Luffy but Oda is a hack and for plot purpose avoids Katakuri using them.

I meant devastating as in island-busting like King Kong Gun is.

Shanks has the water water fruit so does not care about getting wet. You can see on his triple scar he already fought blackbeard with haki so he is depleted and cant muster up any. The sea emperor that attacks and rips his arm off used armament haki and speedblitzt him in water. Shanks sacrificed his arm for the new era a true saint. You can stop nitpicking now

If Luffy could block Cracker's Pretzel he could block Katakuri's Mogura. The fight's not over yet so he may bust it out another time. For all we know his Armament Haki's better with Chikara Mochi (which trashed Gear 4) than with Mogura, since he hasn't shown any Armament abilities when using Mogura.

Sounds like oda dickriders doing mental gymnastics again. The simplest answer is oda is a hack

Name one time a character has defended from a Sea King's bite.

>Shanks lost his arm to a Sea King
>Luffy beats that Sea King in one single punch
HACK, FUCKING DROPPED

mogura may be a wall destroyer but base luffy was able to avoid any of its attacks

>Looks like G3≃Powermochi.
Hey there, you seem to have made a mistake in your reasoning. Allow me to provide you with visual help.
The pic in the OP is a picture of Luffy succesfully anticipating Katakuri's attack, not blocking it.
That's all, you can carry on being a faggot who can't even read a chinese comic right.

Not an argument

Seeing this thread going up in flames when you point out that Shanks is a jobber and haki is shit

>hackposter is a HxHfag and a Wojakposter
Nice job completely invalidating your shitposting.

Why not? He just unlocked his Haki, like Luffy did. And Robin pretty much shit on Cavendish and Usopp isn't remarkably weaker than her.

Fabulous!

Name a single character who has survived or walked away unscathed from a Sea King biting them. Go on. Name one. Just one.

For the last time, bounties are not just a measure of strength. They are a measure of how threatening an individual is to the world government, which is why Robin's was so disproportionately high for so long.

Crocodile just wanted to establish his own kingdom via an insurrection in some sandy shithole country called Alabasta. The WG really doesn't find that as threatening to them as, say, punching a tenryuubito or knowing how to read poneglyphs.

It was ten years before the start of the series, you fucking retard. In One Piece, that's a goddamn eternity. The Straw Hats haven't even known each other a year.

I'm talking raw power here though, Usopp can't be an Island Buster, he'd just snipe the ruler.