Dumping an Elfen Lied chapter I forgot existed

I was re-reading parts of the Elfen Lied manga because I was feeling nostalgic and forgot about this entire section that's honestly pretty good.
Bando's the fucking best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qyF7WpIAEoI
youtube.com/watch?v=hZPECFQ4NhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The end of that bit.
Use the thread however you want. I may dump more Bando segments if enough people want me to. I often forget the time he tried to strangle kids at a school when he only had one arm and was blind.

who the fuck was this guy? I don't remember him

He's the Professor with the glasses.
It was after his daughter died.

Dumping some Nozomi.

Young Lucy and Nozomi interacting would have been interesting to see.

Keeping things chronological, here comes chapter 43 where she was first introduced.

Geez you really like diaper don't you?
I prefer hobololi but mainly because she's good to Bando

The original translation makes some pretty odd mistakes at times. For example, panel 5 and 6 here are actually Kouta saying "Nah... I didn't see any PANTIES, did I?", which makes Nozomi's reaction a lot more understandable.

>leave the word for sandals untranslated
>translate a pair of sandals missing as them being too small
Oishii-Illuminati...

Here it comes...

I noticed in the chapter where Bando fights Nana the translation was bad too.
Original translation has him saying that .50 AE is a 9mm slug, when he was actually saying .50 AE has more power to it than 9mm.

Quite possibly one of the most awkward moments in any manga. Lynn really loves girls humiliating themselves completely.

Wow that's brutal

>Notices bulge
owo wat is this?

Here we originally had Nozomi mentioning how her father called her an embarrassment and how he has no need for a coward like her, even though she tried her best to make up for her issues by studying as hard as she could. Makes his dismissive attitude towards her studies at the start of the special chapter all the more infuriating.

And this is why you never drink fountain water.

Here, Kouta originally says that while it must feel terrible for her to be afraid, he also feels bad about being feared by her.

The exact moment Nozomi proved her status as best girl.

cute

Pretty much every single speech bubble is off here.

>I couldn't just ignore it...
>Even though I'm the one who's at fault...
>You saved me, so...
>That's no reason to leap forward into a punch, ya know!
>Nozomi-chan, I guess you're not as clever as I had heard...

On a random note, Yuka randomly switching to an exaggerated country accent on this page was a bit of a meme in Japan.

Yuka certainly has reason to be confused by that last sentence. What Kouta's saying is that she has a weakness that nullifies all the gifts (her voice and smarts) heaven gave her.

youtube.com/watch?v=qyF7WpIAEoI

What I din't get throughout this story is how the fuck up someone would ever be infatuated with this guy?
He has no redeeming qualities! Plain hobo asshole! Guess it has something to do with the fact that the girl was abused and raped. Still weird though.

kono nyuu da

Nyuu knows how it is.

Bando was awesome. Epic douche-bag with a heart of gold.

and great theme song:
youtube.com/watch?v=hZPECFQ4NhE

I only read it for the rape scenes.

Being Nana is suffering.

It's got some good shit too, but it's quite the "edgy teen anime" stereotype. Surprisingly, I thought the same of Higurashi till I tried it.

One timeskip later...

I unironically enjoyed elfen lied

He's GAR as fuck. She has good taste.

Not so secret panties anymore.

I watched and read it when I was like 12-13 years old. Sometimes I wonder how all those bloody dismemberment and psyche butchery influenced my development.

>He's GAR
He's like your everyday alcoholic father. What's so GAR about him? He don't even that good of a fighter. And has no dick at the end

> He don't even that good of a fighter.
nigger, he came the to closest to actually killing Lucy.
It took 2 interventions from Mayu and not!Alucard to fuck him over.

> starts off as an edgy cunt
> becomes the best character in the manga
> gets a loli and a robot body
Bandou is the only thing i remember fondly of this edgefest

He pushed Lucy and Mirako's shit in. The crossbow guy's too. He's probably one of the three strongest characters in the manga.

Back to her special chapter.

pic related

> strongest
user, this isn't a battle shounen...
I mean, it's not like he didn't have special equipment and immense prep