How can a show be so consistently good?

How can a show be so consistently good?

It has cool themes in it

It's a comedic cowboy bebop

Creative freedom.

I think you might be retarded, or were you just high off your ass when watching it? It was pitiful as a comedy, such a waste of good animation

imagine being this wrong

t. brainlet. QT feels pity for you..

The only good episodes were the ones that went straight for surrealism without trying to be funny or tell an engaging story. There was a lot of creativity on the visual side but it's like they got the director's stoner nephew to fill the writer role.

>it's totally deep man, you just don't understand shit comedy like we do

Nobody said it was deep you dumb faggot.

The main character has the ultimate design, nothing looks cooler than a 30 year old with a pompadour, especially a cool pompadour and not the fag Pompadour that's popular now.

Sub or dub?

Sub. QT's voice is awesome

That Groundhog Day parody episode is better than any episode of Gintama

With comedy you can't for a you don't understand or you are wrong. I didn't like Dandy either, I tried and it was a big forced and embarrassing comedy. Sad, because I like Gintama a lot, so I still wonder why I couldn't like Dandy. is a mystery.

Who /booty/ here?

Dub, there's no other way. Ian Sinclair is perfect for Dandy.

me me! I would love to visit Boobies tho

Both

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Space Dandy

That episode was unironically 11/10.

That and the rock band episode are fucking amazing.

I now casually end up saying
>Exactly! That's what I'm saying!
because of Johnny.

How many times do Dandy and his crew die?

Also, that sentient plant episode was trippy as fuck. I miss 2014 lads

Dub. The show was originally made with the dub.

Space Dandy has many episodes that won't be topped for some time. Coupled with the perfect finale, I'd say it's a bit underrated. Episodic nature turned a lot of people off. Plus some episodes that were crap.

They all die in Episode 1.
Meow dies in the "Giant Booby monster" Episode
They all die in the Zombie episode but that's not really an issue.
I guess a Dandy dies in the Limbo episode.
To an extent Meow and QT Die in the guitarist puppet dude episode, though they're probably revived by Dandy in the end.

I think the only Space Dandy episode I actually just hate is the Planet Pushy Boyfriend episode.

But even then the art had a really nostalgic style to it that I can't truly despise it.

Sub of course.
Stop repeating this retarded myth.

It didn't pander to japanese audiences

The only retard here is you, you retard

Only plebs watch Space Dandy in Subs.

Season 3 never ever by the way

a waifu for EVERY man

>consistent
I like Space Dandy but this is not a word you should ever use to describe it. It's almost as hit-or-miss as Nichijou.

What do you think is the most agreed upon worst episode?

Undies and Vests. Not just saying that because I agree, I see people shit on it all the time, even big fans of the show.

Episode 6 easily. Even though it has the best ending in the series.
Funnily enough I didn't like the musical episode, (except for the 80's montage) but everyone else seemed to like it.
The cloudian episode was also pretty bad.
Aside from that there were no other episodes I thought were bad, the first half of episode one was boring but the second half was great.

As for the best episode, I love the space race episode the most.

That's perplexing, I really enjoyed that one just because

>Are you sure about these sleeping arrangements?
>Silly asking, why not together on heart shaped bed?

it isn't

>The Cloudian episode

Oh fuck that was an episode, yeah that was really shit, not even paired with good art or direction to save it.

>thread makes me go through the episode list to remember which episodes I liked and didn't
>mfw I don't remember half of the fucking series, especially first cour
it's amazing how unmemorable the show could be sometimes, considering its main claim to fame was experimentation and variety. seriously, does anyone remember the episode where Dandy gets a dog?

I do, it was really sad when Laika died

That shit hurt me when he built that rocket to send her off.

Alternate versions of the trio. Cour 2 opener.

>most agreed upon best is most agreed upon worst

Dub, that's obvious

Exactly!

Yeah not agreed upon worst but hated it the most. Just random bullshit pile on in an effort to be funny. Didn't work at all.

I don't care what any fag says, I love JYB and hearing him in this episode made it twice as enjoyable.

I dunno, OP.

That whole Talking Plant episode was a bit too esoteric for me to really enjoy.

It did though, easily the funniest episode in the series. It wasn't spork random, it was grounded enough that the absurdity stood out, but more importantly the script and VA nailed it. Depressed Dandy is the best thing from the show.

>that part when Depressed Dandy is explaining why he depressed and his version of Meow comes on screen
Probably the funniest moment of the show for me.

The whole Depressed Dandy Crew is just amazing, the execution was perfect.
>QT walks in making robot noises

[MEOW]

Merry companions are like a wagon in space BABY

It's not deep but there is an ordered beauty to the madness.

Dub by far
It's not a myth you moron.

I agree, it's almost as good as Cromartie high.

no one said it was deep you idiot fag
it was enjoyable therefore good

It was extremely inconsistent, at least during the first half

the comedy was meh but when I tell people to watch it, I don't tell them about the comedy, I tell them about the visuals and the interesting concepts

Yes I'm sure all those dozens of Japanese directors and scriptwriters worked in fucking English. Just because the dub was produced early and the show technically aired on TV in America first does not mean it was "originally made with the dub", whatever the fuck that even means.

I find it hard to describe what Dandy's draw is, I usually just say "It's Dandy, it's hard to make it sound appealing"

I've only convinced one person to watch it. They enjoyed it of course.

>most agreed upon best
dead planet?

>Space race episode
>Loli alien episode
>Zombies episode
>Laika episode
>Fish planet episode
>Plant planet episode
>Dead planet episode
>Musical episode
>Scarlet episode
>Rock band episode
>John travolta episode
>That ending
Space Dandy was one of the best things to happen these last few years

It was made with Americans in mind because Watanabe's work has always been more popular in the US than Japan.
Cowboy bebop was popular in Japan, sure, but not nearly as popular as it was in the west.

JYB's problem is that he basically has 1 voice which is very distinctive.

But hes still a good actor, when it fits, he's great. He just doesn't have too much range.

Most people loved the alternate dandy episode.

Really, I think the episode generally agreed to be the worst was the pants vs vests episode

the musical episode was meh, the music wasn't good enough

Say what you will about the musical episode, but wew lad this joke was amazing.

>worst episode
Pants vs Vests
>best episode
A World Without Sadness, Baby

>It's not a myth you moron.
based on what the dub cast has said in various panels, it sounds like the japanese audio was recorded first actually.

Good run guys, see you when Season 3 comes out

Never ever

/thread

>watanabe is working on a new music-inspired anime with BONES
>it hasnt been confirmed that it *isnt* Dandy

hope is still alive, baby

New season when.