A Place Further Than the Universe

I just caught up.

Anybody else feel like this show is going to make them cry by the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=giiuqTdBSTc
youtube.com/watch?v=GA4Ozqt7338
youtube.com/watch?v=WFJKa-X4rWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well there will obviously be some drama when she finds out her mother was eaten by shoggoths.

Well yes the shoggoths but I meant heartstring-pulling moments outside of that.

Cry and laugh. This has a serious potential for everything.

It's all so happy-go-lucky that I'm really scared I'll get a hernia then subsequently depression when/if the story gets dark.

Though before that I hope they make a penguin friend

>implying the ultimate twist wouldn't be that nothing bad happens to them, they find her mother and go back to Japan all good

user you can't be "lost" in Antarctica for three years and not be dead.

We'll all be clapping by the end.

pls no

>I'm really scared I'll get a hernia
That would be quite something.

>Though before that I hope they make a penguin friend

Picked up because of this thread. I wasn't expecting the first episode to be so good. Its nice to see something original.

Where is the place further than the universe?

The real twist will be that the show does a genre shift to horror in the middle of the series as it becomes a Japanese homage to The Thing.

They will find out once they discover the dimensional gate that Shirase's mom entered and never returned from. It's going to be something like Event Horizon.
youtube.com/watch?v=giiuqTdBSTc

I'm so pleased to hear that. Usually when I make threads, it's in part because I hope I can help somebody else discover the show I'm talking about. And I share your feelings exactly.

Is this an anime adaptation of "At the Mountains of Madness"?

It's in your heart. It's friendship, and we never even had to leave Japan to find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GA4Ozqt7338

Calling it now, the twist will be that they never actually reach the south pole

We've all got our fingers crossed that it's cute girls doing lovecraftian investigations.

I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, you and I are in agreement.

Get out of Sup Forums.

Pretty obvious the mom died in Antarctica.

Lies, she's living peacefully with the Nazis in New Swabia.

That or Nazis.

I'm hoping Nazis

The Hollow Earth with Nazis.

This is an adventure anime where the girls go to Hyperborea the original homeland of the Aryan peoples.

No kidding. I wonder if part of Shirase's arc will be fully coming to terms with that, if she doesn't accept it already.

Lies.

She is alive and in the Hollow Earth.

I feel like all this talk of Cthullu and Hollow Earth and The Thing and Nazis is going to lead a lot of anons to unnecessary disappointment.

I mean I was already disappointed by this show before it even aired because all I could think about when I read the synopsis was At the Mountains of Madness.

The black hole hellhole dimension from SMT Strange Journey

I've always been curious about the title. Antarctica isn't "a place further than the universe". Lovecraftian shit will happen.

Lovecraft is lame as sin there, I said it.

It's a metaphor about how we explore space a lot but nobody goes to antarctica dummy

It's obviously a comedy. Her mother is going to end up having been alive this whole time. The ending will be an "eeeeeeh?!" as the camera pans to the sky.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

t.Lovecraft

This would be dumb as shit, but I'd laugh as it happened.

based

>something original
in what part this generic CGDCT is original tell me

They should do it faster or i'll drop this anime

In that it's not CGDCT.

It's cute girls undertaking an extraordinary and emotionally freighted coming-of-age adventure that will make you laugh and cry if you have a heart in your chest.

>we explore space lot
Nigga you can just go to Antarctica if you want, I mean literally YOU

It's a bad translation. The kanji for sky is the same as universe ore something

The twist is that her mother is a hostess in a tokyo bar and the girl made up the whole story because she is autistic.

>Nigga you can just go to Antarctica if you want, I mean literally YOU

How come I can but these teenaged japanese girls can't?

I like blue.

Underaged.

That's what these threads have been predicting though.

The story

>implying you can just "go to Antarctica"

I just can't imagine a comfy CGDCT in Antarctica. The wasteland is anything but comfy.

>CGDCT
This word has just melted people's brains. Every show with a cast of 4 girls is now the exact same thing.

You can go to Antarctica, but as far as I can tell all commercial antarctic travel circulates through the Antarctic Peninsula and a number of island groups in the Southern Ocean via Argentina. All travel to the main continental mass is restricted to government facilities and their associated research expeditions, as depicted in the show.

>muh twists
>muh reveals
>muh realism

Why are these threads so consistently philistine

The South Pole would indeed be much more arduous than just getting to Antarctica.

>girls undertaking an extraordinary and emotionally freighted coming-of-age adventure

Don't worry, I'm sure nothing bad will happen

>Every show with a cast of 4 girls is now the exact same thing.
Because it is. It's just a rearrangement of the same cliches.

>no such thing as levity in real life guys :^)

>make them cry by the end?

I'll make you cry right now you sissy faggot.

WTF I want to go to Antarctica now.

>as far as I can tell
only if as far as you can tell is bullshit flat earth sites
its just a really inaccessible and thus expensive trip
they even have a visitor's center at the actual south pole

Anyone else want to eat the Antarctica snow?
All that snow. All of it never been close to being touched by human hands. All fresh, so white, so clean, so pure. If I could eat an Antarctican ice cube I'm sure it world be the most amazing thing ever.

it's just fucking cold water dipshit

That's fucking disgusting. You know why?
Because the snow sure as shit has been touched by human hands. Specifically, carbon emissions from volcanoes, fuel engines, and power plants. Not to mention all the other shit pumped into the atmosphere every single day (like methane from landfills).

But hey, if that's what you really want, go for it!

inb4 the twist is they cause 2nd impact

I really like this show a lot, the girls are all so cute.

It doesn't have to go full horror or something, but if it really is just cute shenanigans I'll be really disappointed. There should at least be a dramatic struggle against nature.

I've wanted to for ages, which is why I was really surprised hearing the premise of this show.

is there a moe anime where girls isn't cute?

These girls are above average cute.

>only if as far as you can tell is bullshit flat earth sites
Actually it was just tour planning sites, which as far as I'm aware aren't part of the spherecuck conspiracy.

But I see that you're right. I had no idea. Although the $50k per head cost for a trip to get down there certainly makes my brow sweaty.

Someone is gonna get survivor' s guilt.

Yukachi having all the fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=WFJKa-X4rWs

I don't like this foreshadowing.

>It's cute girls undertaking an extraordinary and emotionally freighted coming-of-age adventure that will make you laugh and cry if you have a heart in your chest.
Damn, you opened my eyes user. Here I thought it would be just a CGDCT anime in a snow setting.

It kinda is, granted I enjoy these kind of shows but they do follow similar patterns.

What if the twist is actually that they don't find anything, at all

What if the twist is none of them are girls?

What if the twist is the anime stops before they reach antarctica?

I will be so fucking mad

What's going to happen in Australia?

The boat sinks before their eyes. Then MC wakes up and continue to waste her remaining youth at school.