Quick reminder

KnK is more emotional and superior

Wrong.

A silent voice makes literally no sense unless you read the manga.

I agree, but not that one.

You don't need to read the manga to know the movie's message is bullying is bad and you should bone cute deaf girls more.

Waste of quads

hey, are you that deaf user who defended Koe no Katachi?
I want to apologize you once again for having you bullied last time (few months ago). I am sorry for that.

Guys please don't argue, they are both shit.

More like Koe no Katashit.

According to Sup Forums Your Name is better.

my name is the best tb h

Manga was much better, though

Thanks for letting us know you're retarded OP.

Sup Forums only liked kimi no na wa because they only cum to the titty fondling scenes.

DON'T FUCKING LIE ANONS, YOU KNEW THAT!

Haven't read it, and I loved it.

Both are good, stop hurting yourself, user.

You faggots are wrong about both films.

The REAL kino is In this corner of the world.

KnK a shit.

The only thing KnK did better was the soundtrack, and its not even fair since they got themselves a prodigy to work on it.

I can't hear you over YN's piles of money and awards

Quads confirmed

The pacing slowed down too much towards the end of KnK and dragged a bit, it became a mess. Like that one scene where they run to the bridge after he was hospitalized. Wtf?

I was fully immersed while watching KnNw from start to end. It is a better film.

That scene is fucking kino fuck you

It was bullshit. It could have been saved if they kissed, but it just ended up being stupid

overrated, definitly
trash, far from it.

It's sad that the kino buzzword has invaded Sup Forums as well. Well, at least those who abuse it are not as cancerous as salesfags.

It's not though. Knk is a character driven drama, with weak characters and poor development, it hinges on emotionally manipulative scenes which lack the proper build up and 90% of the cast is completely vapid and only serve to bring the film down.
The director is a complete amateur who failed to realizes the original work couldn't not be adapted to film and would need major reconstruction, only taking it's strongest elements. "deaf girl and ishidas relationship", but instead they try to copy the manag and failed miserably.

As a result the film just fills lacking, non of the emotional punch is there and a lack of proper build up and character motivations made it's most pivotal scenes feel forced.

It's a bad film and an even worse adaptation, further solidified by it's poor reception.

kimi no na wa is quite litterally the best japanese animation every made, it's a rom-com with and interesting twist that managed to truly capture the heart of it's audience. It's charming and serious and feels truly human, nothing is overblown and the emotional gut punches actually land. That couple with gorgeous animation, relatable characters and an amazing score it's by far the better film.

your name will last forever, knk is to be forgotten, and can only really be brought up in this context as that one film that got completely overshadowed by a true master work, this thread wouldn't even get replies if you hadn't mention your nam, stop lying to yourself, just be honest.

>mayoiga
Now we're talking kino.

Kill yourself, ironic weeb.

What the fuck are you retarded? This was the most laughably bad scene in the whole film, and that's saying something since scene after scene was worse and worse as this flop dragged on.

The movie was never about them falling in love. It was being able to communicate. The beginning of shouya's arc was that he shut himself from the outside world. He did it upto the point of about to commiting suicide. He opened himself again because he found a reason to live again.

>that brain-dead bridge scene with all the characters forcing drama one-by-one

literally lmaoing at your life right now. garbage flick.

Is this pasta? I hope it's pasta.

>Sup Forums only liked kimi no na wa because they only cum to the titty fondling scenes.

just accept your Nanaki and it'll be fine

>he didn't understand the climax of the film
I thought Sup Forums loved show and not tell narratives.

Koe no katachi has
>a deaf, non-lewd cutie
>a down to earth story
>doesn't feel like a mediocre shojo/seinen miniseries
>better emotional and artistic themes, but they're not 2deep and they confuse everyone

YN got mainstream and big money because it's just another fucking love story with time travel (gee where have i seen that before?)

Sup Forums doesn't know good kino when they see it

And the Tokyo Anime Award for anime of the year goes to...!
Any other event/festival doesn't matter to this industry.

The only thing that would have made KnK perfect is if this bitch had gotten her just desserts.

If you like poorly-executed melodrama

Also I don't understand Sup Forums's criticism of YN, the plot is easy to follow and the drama feels natural, unlike KnK

100% agreed
Hope you fucking newfaggots didn't seriously think we like KNW. You guys need to browse for at least another 2 years before trying to fit in.

Not by much,

I actually really enjoyed both but I agree. Your Name has a whole bunch of fantasy elements going on but it manages to feel grounded, with some exceptions, despite that.
Koe no Katachi sometimes lets itself get dragged down at times by melodramatic bits despite it's more grounded premise. Which is too bad because I think without that it would have been exceptional.

>Also I don't understand Sup Forums's criticism of YN, the plot is easy to follow and the drama feels natural, unlike KnK
I don't know what criticism you've been seeing but my main criticism is how the two MCs fell in love despite never actually meeting each other or interacting with each other in any meaningful way.
Naturally the rest of the movie felt pretty hollow after that.

we don't give a fuck about you

I've seen people here unironically claim they didn't understand the story or that it was confusing. Or that it was somehow boring
>the two MCs fell in love despite never actually meeting each other or interacting with each other in any meaningful way
I don't mind this since I didn't watch the movie for romance despite it supposedly being important. My enjoyment of the movie came from all the body-swapping shenanigans in the first half and them trying to save the town from the meteorite in the second half

I don't know, maybe I watched it for the wrong reasons

People just love to compare these 2 despite nothing in common.

5cm and Nausicaa is superior to both of them

>bullying is bad

ITT: Keit-Ai versus Katawa Shoujo

Yournamefags cold like that too .

could*

I don't get what's the appeal of Koe no Katachi. First this retarded kid was no reason bully for other retarded kid, then he had a COMPLETE FUCKING 180 (as if that ever happens IRL) and then him and other retard get together bunch of other retards and they are being jerks to each other and have this big ass contest of who possibly can be a bigger jerk to one another and the answer is surprisingly not Ueno. So, they are jerking off to each other and break up like 3 times and then get together like nothing happened like 3 times, then do the same thing when 2 of them jump off the window but only one breaks his fucking anus and then it ends.

Kimi no Wa Na is just e-dating allegory with Ghost Trick as filler to get 2 hour mark. It really wasn't tied together in any way, it's like 2 separate movies.

I liked them both.

>First this retarded kid was no reason bully for other retarded kid
Kids that are different in any way are usually the ones who are bullied.
>then he had a COMPLETE FUCKING 180 (as if that ever happens IRL)
It happens over time. His friends reject him after he tries different ways to connect with them.
>and then him and other retard get together bunch of other retards and they are being jerks to each other and have this big ass contest of who possibly can be a bigger jerk to one another
They had other contests like jumping from the bridge. This was just another game to them to stay relevant.
>So, they are jerking off to each other and break up like 3 times and then get together like nothing happened like 3 times, then do the same thing when 2 of them jump off the window but only one breaks his fucking anus and then it ends.
If you try to reconnect with people that were you bullied, you're going to have misunderstandings and conflicts; the person still might get flashbacks.

That was one hilarious summary, but it doesn't have much to do with reality, though.

Your Name is the only good Shinkai movie and it's not as good as A Silent Voice. And I'm using the English names because I'm an American and I like to trigger white American fans of anime.

>this thread
At first I thought OP was just false flagging but it seems he was another insecure Kyoanifag raging that his beloved studio got one upped

KnK movie is almost unintended comedy, you have to be retarded to take it too seriously.

The manga is a bit better but it's still forced melodrama tier

You can copy and google pasta you underage retard.

>s how the two MCs fell in love despite never actually meeting each other

It's not a traditional romance, the characters fall in love by living each others lives and in turn become a large part of each others day to day, they end up thinking about the person all the time.
Once such a prominent persona in your life you maybe took for granted that longing and need to get that experience back grows dramatically.
They didn't realizes how important they became to one another until it was over.

Them falling in love through unique means is part of what makes it so touching in the first place, it shouldn't have to be typical.

Why cant nips make a decent movie? Dont get me wrong it looks great but nobody will be watching this in 3 years.

The fact that you need to explain these things(you did a poor job by the why), is damning, the director is truly incompetent to not have been able to properly convey these things.

>nobody will be watching this in 3 years
Nips tend to rewatch movies they love over and over
I believe Summer Wars still gets an annual screening at roadshows every summer

Underrated post

Thus Keit-Ai won by default.

Somebody post that Star Wars opening reel!

nonononono

look at the top of his heaaaad

He didn't explain a thing.

heh

summer wars is at least something special, both these movies could easily be replaced by any other romance film.

I watched them both right after each other ironically enough, just yesterday. They were both pretty great. KnK really nailed it as n adaptation of the manga, and Your Name was just fucking amazing. Loved em both. You know what I hated. Anticlimatic endings to romances. Just fucking kiss, fucking christ shit. I want fucking payoff.