prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_45sWHRdk8
otakucalendarjapan.com/?p=20380
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's Rick and Morty
I'd settle for "funny" honestly

so it's shit

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of pop subculture most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Popuki’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep aboutLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pop Team Epic trulyAREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Popuko’s existential catchphrase "Okotta?,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as bkub’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Pop Team Epic tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

wa

Nope, Rick & Morty is trash, but this shit is definitely worse. Japs should stay far away from humor, they fucking suck at it.

For starters prove yourself right and then let's talk about the opposite

its actually Japanese robot chicken/Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio.
Its a gag show with small sketch, maybe a fairer comparison would Right Now Kapow but with shorter sketches, considering the level humor is not quite adult cartoon level.

>muh japanese mlp
>muh japanese rick and morty

they're nothing alike you fucking retard

What was Japanese mlp?

Probably. But I liked more when it was called Panty and Stocking.

Kemono Friends. And Houseki no Kuni was japanese steven universe.

>For starters prove yourself right and then let's talk about the opposite
There already proved that this is an anime R&M

pop team is just silly random troll humor
rickandmorty fans see them self as intellectuals

As opposed to American "humor" which has about the wit and subtlety of a nuclear detonation.

Wha...

Its Japanese robot chicken

Source?
I third the robot chicken comparison

Still better than British "humour" where the joke is a guy in a dress. Everyone knows the best humor is German, anyway.

Subculture bitch detected.

Actually it's Japanese Tim & Eric.

I don't agree, user. Rick and Morty are funny.

The thing that pisses me off about Pop Team Epic is that it doesn't even do surreal humour well.

But user, RC is funny

>oppai pipimi

I don't know how to feel about this

>X is the [different version of] Rick and Morty

fuck off with this kind of thread, you're not looking for real discussion

Don't you mean Japanese Big Bang Theory? Rick and Morty is at least well-made.

British Humour is about how well can you push second-hand embarrassment onto the viewer, As a Brit I fucking hate it because it just hurts to watch.

Pop Team Epic is a shit anime that people force themselves to like because it's meme humor and they want to seem in with the memes because of online meme culture. It's ok to not like it Sup Forums.

Spoiler: it's ok to like things too

But user, the whole point is it not being funny and pissing you off. So if you don't laugh and think it's mildly annoying, it means "mission accomplished"!

so it's like the anime equivalent of that "joke's on them I was only pretending" comic?

I like it tho

I don't know what pisses me off more. The show, or the newfags who think that the show is somehow breaking new ground.

literally yes. Defenders say the anime is about trolling the audience, so if you don't like it you were successfully trolled.

Rick and Memey try to tell a story and pretend to be deep by having moral ambiguity, when really they're just corrupt ass holes out for themselves. Poptepic just wants to to be funny and insane, failing or succeeding doesn't factor or change it.

>le epic reddit pasta xDxDxD

Bird up

its more like wario ware the show pop team epic edition to me

pipimi boobie

Could it be that Popteam is quite big in japan right now? I saw one of these reactions videos of episode 1 on a japanese channel with western reactors and the views were huge. How did it become so popular?
youtube.com/watch?v=F_45sWHRdk8

This, rick and morty has basically fallen into jacking off about nihilism, "everyone but me is stupid", and everyone being an asshole shit that every atheistic 16 year old can't get enough of. It's pretty much an extremely ham fisted bojack horseman.

is it. the first episode had over 2 million view on nico.

Are you actually japanese user-kun?

>only the first 12 minutes
Some of this dumb animeonlyfags ruins the fun.

Worse, PTE is anime Big Bang Theory

It's opposite of that
otakucalendarjapan.com/?p=20380

it's not japanese rick and morty because it's Japanese Teen Titans Go!

even TTGO! isn't randumb enough. it's more like Japanese Uncle Grandpa.

>hates subculture Bitches
>kills Deculture representing said bitches were trying to brainwash Popuko.
>Pipimi burst in and killed Deculture
>"I am here to save you!"
>TITTLE

PTE is too deep for Sup Forums, it will be another decade until we understand what masterpiece of a subversive criticism of current trends it is.

What kind of person would watch that video?

Japanese pop team epic fans apparently. I find it quite interesting how interested they are in the reaction of western fans. One would think they dont give a fuck at all. But 300k views is quite a lot.