Violet Evergarden Episode #2 Thread

Violet Evergarden Episode #2 Thread

Stream of 2nd episode will start in 2hrs (00JST):
jp.leopard-raws.org/?stream

Are you ready to watch a best kyoani work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NHWmeMSjOlU?t=472
desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/violet evergarden/order/asc/
excite.co.jp/News/reviewmusic/20120420/E1334846361635.html
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アニメ監督
jisho.org/search/演出
youtube.com/watch?v=-j8sX95vkfc
ejje.weblio.jp/content/演出
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

penis

It's boring

I want to like this show because I like Kyoani in general, but for every thing it does well, it balances it out with something done poorly. The art is absolutely beautiful, as are the designs, but they put these horrible filters over them. It'd be one thing to do it during scenes that called for it, like when they were on the boat and the sunlight was reflecting off the water, or the camera was actually under the seagulls pointed up at the sun, but this here? I can't wrap my head around why they think that's okay. It feels like Takemoto is the only great director they have left, and everyone else has been tainted by the shitty ideas they got while making Hibike. That show sucked no matter how many idiots pretend it's a great drama with fantastic visuals. Melodramatic high school girls yelling isn't suddenly a good show because of sweeping CG backgrounds while someone runs through a city, or filters that could give Ufotable a run for their money any day of the week. Character animation isn't well done because the camera jumps between 14 different cuts for a 30 second conversation scene, and always includes 2 shots of someones shoes, and a shot of clenched fists. What happened to a few well done angles and subtle but emotional movement? Look at this scene here:
youtu.be/NHWmeMSjOlU?t=472

The way Kobayashi reacts to the news, and the single camera cut to a head on angle with the light coming through the window are better than anything in Hibike, and better than what we've seen in VEG so far. That scene where Violet gets the report about her CO with the ridiculous zoom ins on the clenched fists was just bad. We don't know the characters well enough to do a big emotional scene, and we don't need the death hinted at that overtly. I'm hoping it picks up and they make use of the interesting setting and wonderful designs, but I'm worried they'll spend less time actually developing the characters, and more telling literally telling you what their feelings are.

desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/violet evergarden/order/asc/

Thank you for all your work these past 3 years, and please don't ever give up!

Meh. Should have given it to some other director, not ISHITdate.

If 2nd episode will be like the first, i drop it

Yamada is saving Kyoani. Everything good made in the last 4 years featured her as the main director. Tamako Love Story, Hibike, Koe no Katachi, the latter of which is going to end up as their 2nd highest grossing film.
Free? Bad
Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
Phantom World? Bad
Chuunibyou? Bad
Amagi? Bad
Not to mention she directed K-On, their most successful franchise. Aside from those Hyouka, Nichijou and Disappearance are also good but everything else the studio made ranges from mediocre to bad.

Episode 2 key staff --
Animation director: Chiyoko Ueno.
Storyboarding: Haruka Fujita.

Apparently the first episode was a clusterfuck of a production because they wanted it ready for the early prescreening last summer; this might explain why it was so lame.
Hopefully this one is better.

The Tamako TV series was okay, Koe no Katachi was good, and Hibike was shit.
>Amagi
>Bad
Opinion invalidated.

Ishihara directed Hibike, not Yamada. Yamada was only something like a director of cinematography.

>The Tamako TV series was okay
Who are you kidding? It was dog shit even worse than VEG so far; much worse .
Only Love Story is good.

I want to suck Hodgins' dick.

Do we really need 4 VEG threads up?

Wow... Going through the threads feels like watching Titanic sail, and eventually getting to the part where it hits an iceberg and sink.

Will this be a slice of life? Would have been better if it actually was romance

Yamada was series director, and because Kyoani is tightlipped about who does what (the tryhard sakugafags who want to catalog every cut based on info they pull out of their collective asses hate that) you can't really say she was "only" anything.

It wasn't dogshit, it just wasn't as good as the movie. The TV series wasn't noteworthy, and is only really worth watching for the movie.

It'd be okay as a slice of life if all the characters weren't written to be so stiff and humorless. Or if they actually tried to create an interesting post war world.

SoL/drama in a setting like that can work really well. SnW didn't have a ton of action or drama, but the worldbuilding and characterization were fantastic, and so were the few really dramatic parts. VEG will be good if they go for that feel to build up to the whole "Emotionless robot learns feelings" things, but it'll be shitty if every episode is as hamfisted as episode one with them explaining what she's totally not feeling.

VEG is as much SOL as KnK (deaf girl) is comedy.

SoL doesn't just mean borderline retarded girls eating cake.

No, it was dog-shit. Especially the scenes with the islanders. Every time Dera was on screen I wanted to pull my hairs out.

>Yamada was series director
No. She was シリーズ演出 not 監督. She handle little details or stuff Ishihara didn't care about like photography while he focused on the big picture (as a director usually does).

Episode 2 was also aired last year buddy, buckle up.

amazing post user

When is it up on Netflix?

Sora no Woto was mediocre as sin. If that is your point of comparison, well, I really don't know what to say.

Tomorrow for non muricans.

Not that guy, but I found Sora no Woto to be a thoroughly enjoyable show with endearing characters.

>No. She was シリーズ演出
Should have known an ESLfag that's pretending to know moon and how animation works would be the kind of idiot that thinks Tamako TV is shit.

>Sora no Woto was mediocre as sin.

So you're an idiot with a lot of chutzpah. Got it.

>emotionless robot learns feelings
She's neither robot nor emotionless you retard

I guess you'll find Violet Evergarden to be the best anime ever made then. I wish I had your shit taste. It'd make things more fun.

Is Violet just really chuuni?

No, I'm just not a retard that copypastes words in Japanese that I don't really understand to try to sound smart. That's /jp/ style shitposting.
excite.co.jp/News/reviewmusic/20120420/E1334846361635.html
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アニメ監督
Try doing some reading.

Did you not understand what the quotes around those words were for or are you just pretending to be retarded?

FMA did it better.

Fucking faggot

>Sora no Woto was mediocre as sin
Now this is just bad bait.

Why can't we have a normal thread?

>was mediocre as sin
>unique setting
>good worldbuilding
>nice relationships
>background drama is well done and comes to play an important role
>mediocre
Your taste is a sin.

This isn't a SnW thread you fucking autists. And yes, it was mediocre unless you are a braindamaged manchild and likes garbage to make you feel warm inside.

>this shit again
>the exact same articles too
面倒くさい

what is a normal thread in Sup Forums these days ?

>Are you my master?

Not everyone can have your shit taste anons.

Anime has big production values, KyoAni is behind it and hyped for more than a year, this is the recipe for shitposting so I wouldn't bet on it.

First episode was also "just" nice, something that truly didn't met many people expectations because they were expecting something mindblowing like retards.

Honestly... they couldn't find a more pretentious name for it.

>Oh, look! I'm watching Violet Evergarden. I'm so sophisticated and elegant!

Sasuga Kyoanus.

>pretentious name
How does this work?

any better streaming site ? will like to talk as streaming

>ESLretard that doesn't know moon has argued about something incorrectly before
>ESLreard thinks that anyone who can actually read is one person
>ESLretard doesn't even pretend to read the articles linked
この醜い日本語ができるフリをやめない?

Yeah, it's not like it's named Scarlet Eternalgreenhouse. user is being a silly goose.

>confusing ESL with EOP

This isn't even good shitposting.

What's so violent evergarden? The title just sounds like your average cute gardening anime.

Reminder that those who never read a Europe novel has no right to criticize this anime.

I'm not confusing anything. ESLfags from /jp/ that can barely read a sentence in Japanese love to pretend to be Japanese experts. You're an ESLfag, and you're moon is shit. You're the stereotypical third world floorshitter from /jp/ pretending to be knowledgeable about something you don't actually know anything about. Now actually read what I linked and try to find something that says otherwise and supports your retarded claim, or fuck off you with half-assed translation of シーリズ演出

くそまじめのろま

You mean i need to read your European trash before calling this trash anime trash

>buzzwords
>buzzwords
>no u
Nice.

Leopard streams are the best in terms of video quality

No, actually I find VEG to be a boring piece of shit. Wish I liked it half as much as SoW.

黙ってくんない、池沼君?

>Literally no answer about the actual discussion
That's about what I expected. Stop spreading bullshit information, some naive user might actually fall for it.

>didn't read the novel
>didn't even read a Europe novel before

And you think you can voice any opinion here?

Fuck off.

Any idiot who actually falls for your shitposting deserves it.

FPBP

I didn't even translate the term you cretin. I merely pointed out that it does not translate to "director". That's 監督 and it was 石原立也's position.

Pretty ironic how you cry ESL.

Those who have read any decent European novel will know it for the trash it is though.

おこった?

You have no taste and shouldn't even be in this thread.

jisho.org/search/演出
Please just stop using words you don't know. Copy pasting things you can't read doesn't make you look smart.

へいきだもん

C'mon user, if people think the european novel adaptation is bad then they'll probably think the actual novel is worse.

Tales of earth sea anime was trash, howls moving castle weakest miyazaki film etc etc.

Get fucked, Anus lickers.
This is what AOTY looks like.
youtube.com/watch?v=-j8sX95vkfc

I wonder, is the ESL faggot who links all sorts of shit and pretends to be an anime expert, the same guy who's been shilling Violet Evergarden for months and made this thread? The sperging seem awfully familiar.

the music sucks ass

Then fuck off from this thread.

>months
He’s been shilling since 2015

meh, not into stupid premises or sport anime

You do realise your own dictionary reference proves you wrong, right?

What's that? Looks pretty bad.

Only Europe is the first world country.
EOP countries:
>Murrica
>Britbong
Both are third world countries.

How do we get rid of him user? At this rate it will be impossible for us to ever have a thread about a Kyoto Animation series on Sup Forums because of him spilling his spaghetti all over the board.

>stuff Ishihara didn't care about like photography
Man he taught Yamada that shit in the first place.

>T*rkey
>It*ly
>Gre*ce
>Sp*in
>first world

Can you not actually read English at all? Here's another one for you.
ejje.weblio.jp/content/演出
>演出ヘルムート・ライナー
>directed by Helmuth Reiner
Now tell me again how 演出 can't be translated as director. I'd love to see you argue with a Japanese dictionary.

>167197094
Go away ESLN-kun.

>Shitposting harder because you're literally arguing with the dictionary about what words mean
We're done here. Try not to spread your bullshit in the future.

>監督 = 演出

There's nothing to argue about. You're functionally illiterate.
監督 =/= 演出

fuck off seaniggers

30 minutes niggas

>Can't argue
>Fuck off seaniggers.

Saw the first episode, shit was boring af, back to watching Boruto and Black Clover

>replying to bait
Check your own pic.

kyoani and the shounene boogieman.

I greatly enjoyed watching SnW with Sup Forums for the speculah, I like Iyashikei anime in general, the show still holds a special place in my heart, I'm pretty sure you are trolling or an asshole, but mediocre is an entirely fair way to describe the show and all of anime no chikara in fact.

So I don't know which is the real first post that you guys are arguing about but how can anyone think that 監督 = 演出?

You just need to watch a lot of anime and take a look at the opening and end credits often enough to figure out which is which.

>implying anyone here except for maybe two people can read kanji and knows what they're talking about