91 Days

What did Sup Forums think of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Czj0m3vZhBY

Other urls found in this thread:

91-days.wikia.com/wiki/91_Daze?file=Daze1.png
youtu.be/nqJcGG0FRW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good show. I miss it.

Do not gay the Angelo. He had a lovely wife that he shot.
Same studio as Natsume Yuujinchou and Durarara.

Looks pretty gay to me.

Nothing gay about starcrossed bros trying to kill each other and going for week long roadtrips in a model T.

Bad show, but it was something different and the threads were comfy, so I think of it fondly

>Same studio as Natsume Yuujinchou and Durarara.
While I appreciate what Shuka did, especially with how they formed just to finish Drrr, but how is that relevant in any way?
Not to mention you may make people think that it was done by Brain's Base

Loved the show, alongside Joker Game from the season preceding it.

Definitely my favorites from those seasons.

I loved it, OP was good, ED song was in my top3 ED last year.

Everything they touch is gold.
tfw missed the threads. Not holding hope of an archive. Just marathoned it yesterday and the day before. imo 9/10. VAs were all top notch, too. What was possibly bad about it?

For me it was kinda lack of more mafia operations, like the ones shown in the OP.
They could have made that one recap episode into "mafia guys doing mafia things", but oh well - it still was one of the best shows that year.

I really liked it, threads were nice and comfy too. It helped that every episode had a lot going on, perfect for watching it weekly.

It would have been less awkward had it been about the Yakuza.

It had a lot of mafia ops though. Tens of thousands of rounds fired, hundreds of cases of booze moved, the lawman threatened, his car bombed, attempted hits, family fueds, brother fueds, eating high class lasagna, drinking booze, smoking 900 times per episode, shooting restaurants and bars, courting politicians, hinting at brothel ops, gambling... What exactly is it missing for you? Cement boots?
Only thing that pissed me off was lack of trigger discipline and terrible aim, but since nips are noguns I'm resolved to it.
Still trying to figure out where exactly Lawless is supposed to be. Somewhere between the rocky mountains (roadtrip) and chicago, but on the water... Architecture from the OP looks manhattan, but that doesn't explain proximity to rocky mountains, but does explain the proximity to water and island geography.

I always assumed Lawless was somewhere in Illinois, maybe close to the Canadian border for their initial booze runs.

>What did Sup Forums think of this?
The final thread dissolved into a pineapple thread.

The show itself was flawed but had great pacing and is really fun to watch imo
The threads were great too, and so was the OVA

It's a really good show. I even bought the blu ray that came out in November and it included all the 91 Daze shorts. 91-days.wikia.com/wiki/91_Daze?file=Daze1.png
I really liked the OP/ED and the OST. 91 Days was my favorite anime of 2016 followed by Thunderbolt Fantasy and Ajin. The OVA was cute but I was hoping to know what happened to Nero and Angelo after. Though the last light novel I guess hints at what happened to them.

Fell about in the second half, as is typical of anime originals.

I wish Nero shaved the weird goatee.
I just want them to be hsppy
I remember I cried like a bitch at the end and when Angelo and Nero yelled at each other in the forest.

Did some research. I'm thinking it's Detroit.
>closer to the rocky mountains than the east coast
>close to both Chicago and Canada, but smaller than Chicago
>lots of lakes and woods
>architecture matches
>along a river
>important city during prohibition era for bootlegging
>pretty far from the ocean

I have zero memory of the second half.

Those aren't right.
Do you think Angelo escaped to Florida? I noticed they showed ads for Florida a few times so I couldn't tell if it was another possibility for Angelo, if he decided not to finish his revenge.

Someone post the Poison knife edit. I can't find the damn file in my folder.

I read translation of the epilogue. Angelo is confirmed dead. When Cerotto meets Nero he ends up wondering if Nero actually wants to die since he carelessly gets so close to Lawless

I read the epilogue too but what I got from it was that Nero just didn't want Cerotto to ask about Angelo probably for just Cerotto's safety. And I guess Nero probably looked like he wanted to die since he's still pretty traumatized about everyone he loves is dead except his sister. I can't see Nero killing Angelo at the end after he told him about living. Cerotto at the end is even like I wonder what they're up too but I don't want to know.

For me it was one of those cases where I was excited for the premise but then the anime fell flat.
Feel the same with Joker Game on the last season.
At least the threads were nice tho.

I tried so hard to make myself get used to the thought that Angelo died, l I didn't even think it was possible for him to live after reading the epilogue. Thank you user, I like this interpretation.

Stop misusing spoiler tags

No problem user. Funny, it was the opposite for me. I was trying to get used to Angelo being dead after the last episode but then the epilogue got me thinking that it's possible he's still alive
Does anyone remember how some of us thought Nero's little brother and his brother-in-law were fucking? Or how we thought the little brother was actually Angelo's brother? Though I guess they made them look similar for parallels.

Really great show

LASAGNA

lasagna de orco una delizia

There were a lot of insane theories, probably due to the fact that half of the watchers watched this show with their brains turned off. Thats one of the reasons why it was so fun.
Also, I hate english dubs but this one was surprisingly not terrible.

I was wondering that as well. Nero said he would give Angelo a reason to live. But then beach scene happened. I think it was clear that Angelo firmly wanted to die from the tree scene, so Nero gave him what he wanted. Also the "see you soon" was Angelo's death flag.
Still wish the ending just had them going on bro tier roadtrips until the money ran out. Maybe daylaboring or something after that. Nero was too pure. I don't know, was the purpose of this show just to destroy the audience?

Nero was too pure indeed. I remember people hating on him in the threads even after the ending, saying how Angelo should have killed him.

I love the mafia so this shit was really nice for me since Japan doesn't cover it alot, I thought they did most of the things right.

Ending was a bit eh but I can live with it.

I'm halfway through Joker Game and it's good so far. Kinda overdosing on NIHON STRONK and the characters aren't memorable, but I'm enjoying it. Germany Amnesia was best so far. Robin Crusoe was second. I didn't like Shanghai or Boat.

It was okay but it was definitely held back by all the QUALITY.
Cerotto and Lasagna-sama were my favorites.

It's good to have another good mafia anime that doesn't have fantasy elements unlke Baccano, Gungrave (which I also enjoyed greatly) or Gangsta (which was pretty shit).

The threads were great since it was anime original and we had some great unpredictable parts like this absolute madman

Shit, that episode was pretty crazy. And the thread too.
Fucking madman.

Nero didn't fire a shot that night. Once Angelo heard that, it was obvious he wouldn't kill Nero. On the other hand, Angelo had a point that if it happened again, current Nero would have fired, so he's not exactly innocent. Hence the suffering ending. But I don't see how anyone could hate him. He's designed as a likeable character.
Still wish best girl didn't fuck everything up. Corteo is not good at keikaku. He should stay in the kitchen making moonshine.

I really tried to enjoy it, and I did sometimes, but some others I just dozed off and ended up paying 0 attention which meant by the end of the story I was kind of fucking confused
I got no one to blame but myself I guess

really good, solid ending, it didnt really leave anything desired so im not hoping for any more of it, its good as it is

Yeah I really like the show but the funny quality moments did distract from the story sometimes. The blu ray was a huge improvement.
This is the best song from the OST.
youtu.be/nqJcGG0FRW0

It rips off several elements from Godfather, features fujobait and the city where everything happens seems to be more like some provincial shithole than a major sea port.
The visuals are cheap, there is not enough gore too.

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me
The music was unimpressive shit. Mostly.

It may rip off of the Godfather and other Mafia films, but at least it brings some diversity to the table. Especially that the modern seasonal landscape desperately lacks grounded serious shows without any fantasy bullshit or SoL that manage to tell a good story.

>but at least it brings some diversity to the table
That's the only excuse for 91 days and Joker Game to exist. Too bad japs couldn't match with western spy and mafia movies.

>not enough gore
Might want to try Crybaby or some other edgeshit.
>fujobait
>implying having more than one male character immediately makes something fujobait
>especially when they're all plotting against and shooting each other

>major sea port
Given that Nero has never seen the ocean, it is not a sea port city. It was stated the city was not the largest, and was smaller than chicago. Also, for the 1920s, it seemed pretty fucking big m8. Obviously it won't be modern Tokyo size.
>godfather
Never seen it. Go back to Sup Forums.

Hard to have an s2 when all but one character is dead. I'd rather have something with a moving ending than something that never fucking ends until the author dies or loses interest.

I unironically consider this to be the AOTY of 2016. Too bad that it is so damn underrated, because most people didnt try it, because they thought that it is just some bland american gangster movie knockoff, while it was actually better than any of those american gangster movies.

I wish it would have lasted 91 episodes desu

I'll bite
>Might want to try Crybaby or some other edgeshit.
I'd rather rewatch Scarface.
>implying having more than one male character immediately makes something fujobait
Not really. Making them cute instead of making them handsome makes them fujobait. Damn, I can't explain it properly.
>Also, for the 1920s, it seemed pretty fucking big m8.
Maybe. But, honestly, it seemed to be more like a large "urban-type settlement" than like a town.

It's certainly in the top 3, if not AOTY. 2016 had a few good titles out. I don't know why I passed when it was airing. It's probably better marathoned though. If I had to wait a week between eps I'd go crazy.

I gave it an opportunity because an anime set during the prohibition era looked interesting.
But it was pretty bland and the constant QUALITY didn't help either. I still watched it to the end so that's something.

Yeah each episode I got excited for and almost went crazy waiting 2 weeks for the episode after fango's lasagna since they aired a recap episode.

>while it was actually better than any of those american gangster movies.
Explain further.

He's exaggerating, it's nowhere near Goodfellas' level.

I don't see why it should. It's like criticizing Pacific Rim for not being Evangelion or any whatever good mecha anime are out there. It introduces a type of story that's not usually found within a medium, and that in itself is a good thing. Sure, you can say fuck it I'll just watch anime if I want my fix of giant robots, but you shouldn't hold everything on the same standards, because that would be retarded and hypocritical. Mafia movies have had decades to improve, but serious grounded mafia anime can be counted on your fingertips.

>I don't see why it should
Because 91 Days is presented to us like a ganster show.
> It's like criticizing Pacific Rim for not being Evangelion
I haven't seen Pacific Rim. But I suppose that the comparison is retarded, because those are two different kinds of mecha. Speaking of gangster movies, there are also several kinds of them, but it doesn't seem that 91 Days should be treated like something special.
>Mafia movies have had decades to improve, but serious grounded mafia anime can be counted on your fingertips.
Imagine yourself being in charge of some 3rd world country's education system. You have a huge heritage from western scientists and teachers translated and prepared.
But instead of building the modern education system you're saying "Fuck this, let's start with building the schools in the way they were fit in 18th century and then update the system if something goes wrong".
What's the poing of reinventing the wheel?

Nope. I find american maffia movies to be very overhyped. Scorsese is sucking that maffia dick, making all of those positive maffia movies.
91 days took an original and un-american look at a revenge story. America glorifies revenge. A big part of their movies are about some guy being wronged, going on a revenge quest, pulling it off and walking off into the sunset with the girl. 91 Days on the other hand shows revenge as an unhappy, unfulfilling and confusing thing. This show just showed how fucked up the whole concept is. I mean, the dude wants to avenge the death of his loved ones, and along the way, he kills someone that he also considered a brother. In the end his revenge leaves him feeling hollow and unsatisfied. They also showed maffia as less like fun goodfellas, and more like the evil men that they are.That is the kind of shit that hollywood wont do, since all they do is praise the maffia and fetishise revenge.

It was fun. Really good show desu

It's mafia.

The fight scenes were shit. I had high expectations for it but it really dissapointed on the action front, which is my favorite part of anime..also ending was stupid 6/10

>huuurrrrr not enough explosions and car chases
>ending made me use my brain and wasn't happily driving into the sunset

>>Sup Forums

I'm sorry but this poor remake of The Godfather doesn't reach up to the levels of any Gangster movie.

It was good until it got really retarded towards the end.

>I'm sorry but this poor remake of The Godfather doesn't reach up to the levels of any Gangster movie.
Yeah, because the american gangster movies have a pretty low level. 91 days already passed that hollywood garbage level early on.

"tips fedora"
don't you have some rick and morty to discuss on reddit

Listen, I know Hollywood is garbage, I agree with you on that. But there's no need to shit on the myriad inspirations behind this poorly drawn mediocre anime to defend it.

>But there's no need to shit on the myriad inspirations
I dont see why not? Im not a huge hollywood movie enthusiast. I dont find them that good and I dont have a nostalgia boner for most of their ''classics''. For example, I despise Tarantino and all he has ever made, and I dont care for scorsese and his constant mafia dick sucking. I like that european/japanese kino more.

good anime, I really enjoyed it

Never watched it, never been. Guess you're familiar with what they discuss there, huh?

>poorly drawn
You cannot possibly argue this.

It wasn't good, but it did enough right and filled a unique spot so it was worth the watch at the time. I don't think it will have any lasting appeal though.

>implying 91 Days has anything on Gomorra la serie

Good Pineapple

It was a pretty decent show actually, shame about the QUALITY though. Quite liked the ending. Threads were ultra comfy too.

Kinda liked it but it was boring and dumb some times.

It was pretty OK. Bonus points for trying to do something different than the usual.

For some reason when an anime does mafia stuff I really cannot get into it at all. But I like all sorts of western mafia stuff.

Post Angelo's mom , she thicc

Decent show. Would have been better without the last episode.

I liked it, it had its problems but holy fuck the shit it pulled made up for them
>mfw the opera house

Was Angelo the last keikaku doori MC?