This actually looks really fucking cool holy shit
youtu.be/-j8sX95vkfc

Megablox

The sport looks highly unbelievable.
That face at 0:56 is Rikiishi as fuck.

Bump

Bump

Bump

It looks amazing, but what the fuck, this is sci-fi. Kinda crazy. It's hard to believe is based on Ashita no Joe.

Also, Yoko seems to be behind of it as usual. Who is doing the charcter designs in this?

Mc looks cute. Will pick up.

>That artstyle
>That animation
>Those designs
>That soundtrack
Next season can't come soon enough

This could have just been it's own thing. I can't tell what is supposed to be connected to Joe at all besides both being boxing stories.

How are there heads not flying off with those gear arms? And what's the point of fusing robots with their bodies for boxing?

Yeah I agree
They're probably gonna tie it in somehow but I wish it was its own thing

Looks promising

has potential, feel like this year is really kicking it up a notch for anime originals compared to the past few

Is it based on a work by the same authors?

>literally "Tomorrow's" Joe
BRAVO NOLAN

Megablox

>Spinoff of a series that ends with the MC dying because he continued to fight while being punch drunk
>Give everyone power frames
Unless they also have brain fixing pills or are genetically modified boxers with extra-hard skulls this just seems stupid. It looks fun but why couldn't it just be another show about regular boxing.

Joe dying isn't really canon, the author left it ambivalent on purpose. I'm pretty sure there's an interview where he says he survived and wnet on to live with Yoko as well. The meaning of the ending scene is that he "reached tomorrow".

I'll watch just for the art style.

Wait this actually looks really fucking great why is this thread not at 300 replies.

The mecha arms look really stupid

Because Sup Forums is filled with moeshit plebs who haven't read Ashita no Joe.

I hope netflix picks this up so that it doesn't inevitably flop.

Future Joe?
That could be pretty great

got the interview?

>Wait this actually looks really fucking great why is this thread not at 300 replies.
This, sadly.
Just so you wait some faggots calling this series as a fujobait.

I like the art style, but I wonder what the reasoning is for adding robot arms for boxers that doesn't just end with all participants getting more fucked up than usual

>that logo
>those designs
Pretty sure some pre-prod guy from Kabaneri is working on this.

No, I think I just read about it in Hox's thesis on the manga, and he doesn't have it either.
>hoxtranslations blogspot se/2014/04/many-thoughts-on-good-manga-10 html
Ctrl-f "Now a word about the ending" if you don't want to read the whole dissertation. Nothing conclusive, but convincing nonetheless. I'll look around for interviews on the topic, but don't wait up.

Could simply be that a point of the story is they care less about permanently injured boxers in the future in exchange for a bigger spectacle.

Animation looks amazing, when they want to do it, TMS gets the job done.

Yes, it's Kabaneri's concept designer.

>Ashita no Joe spinoff
>it's actually an ARMS anime

Damn, I fucking knew it. Looks so cool.

thanks

The Bold text on every scenes reminds me of Trigger's KLK & Quentin Tarantino's Movies.
Looks dope.

>Boxers already get brain damage
>Give everyone power armor so their punshes blow the head right off

This
>let's increase the amount of brain damage they get

Looks cool but how is it related to Ashita no Joe at all?

I'm more afraid it'll be too related and be basically a rip-off/remake.

"Spiritual successor", as I recall.

Do we know any staff?

I don't know dick from tits, this is the first time I've heard of it. TMS Entertainment, apparently, no clue who they are.

I'm guessing the coach and the girl are older versions of Joe's coach and Yoko? Might be wrong though

TMS are also the people doing Baki. They did the preview for the anime last December, if you recall.

Why? Why not just remake Joe? That looks fucking dumb.

You can't dwell on the past forever.

>Baki
Well at least it will never get as retarded as Baki.

No fucking joke. It's really nice after the wasteland of 2017

Joe is perfect no reason to remake it.

This im kinda hyped for however

Makes me want to Dempsey roll just thinking about it.

So is LOGH and they're still remaking it for a new audience who doesn't watch old shit.

This looks dope, and reminds me a fuckton of the new Lupin in terms of style.

>TMS Entertainment, apparently, no clue who they are.
Lurk 50 years before posting.

is this a stand alone could i watch it without reading ashita no joe?

How the fuck would we know? It's not out yet

Read Joe anyway, its first-rate manga material.

Looks pretty awesome but what said. They should give the fighters some sort of hi-tech protection if they're gonna vastly increase the punching strength.

Looks awesome,
I need my boxing anime fix after the Ippo fiasco.