Why does Devilman Crybaby trigger Sup Forums?

>International acclaim and popularity
>Not the typical moe show that Sup Forums eats up(Kemeno friends and Flop Dragon)
>T-The artstyle is bad
>Eva and Berserk copied major themes from it
Which one is it?

All this plus you're not allowed to enjoy "non comfy shows" on this board anymore

>T-The pacing sucks!
They say while they enjoy the latest moe slice of life show. Its just too much for Sup Forums. In the past it would have been different but now its sadly just a bunch of losers who dont want anything from anime but cute girls.

Plebs on Sup Forums are too dumb to understand DevilKino

THIS

Because it's annoying to have a million newfags all over the catalog and spilling into random other threads to rave about a mediocrity I read and dismissed years ago.

>Sup Forums is one person

basically this
they'll all forget about it within a month anyways

This 100%. You retarded normalfags act like Devilman is some new interesting idea.

Mainly the popularity, though the other ones are true too. Sup Forums is run by contrarians. You should have learned by now.

It pisses off otakus
see yuasa's twitter

Who cares about elevens? They don't post on Sup Forums.

>mediocrity I read and dismissed years ago.
>Tries to act smart because he didn't like a manga that's universally praised and probably inspired his favorite anime

>that's universally praised
Millions of flies eat shit every single day. doesn't make it any good though.

>Acclaim and popularity
>Not your typical show
>The artstyle is seen as bad
>Inspired a few shows

Here's your new favorite anime OP, you lovely contrarian.

Because normalfags think it's good while it's mediocre yuasa and shits on source material

It's a feeling I'm sure you're very intimate with.

It was animated in flash, literally a step downwards for anime, even taking into account Yuasa's style. Repetitive, cheap animation with too many inbetweens, flat and lifeless like that of a Western Sup Forums-tier cartoon, with gradient filters added here and there to add a semblance of depth. Pic related, what the fuck is this, a youtube video, or a clip from Newgrounds? If you saw the majority of this show without knowing its source nor that it was anime, you'd assume it were a Western flash cartoon. There is nothing reminiscent of Yuasa left in the finished product. The narrative itself is rushed and undeveloped, clearly indication 10 episodes is too little. Characters flip flop on a dime. It ends up amounting to cheap melodrama when it's a gorefest with tits here and there and then stops for a minute or two for Akira to wallow in a pretense of sorrow then continues. And tits is all it shows, because everything else is censored or only implied. I regret watching this garbage, and I worry even more about Netflix ruining anime for good.

At least half of Sup Forums likes it though.

Its a classic dude. It will become one of the greats of this decade.

It was sad to see old concepts being literally normalized so much nowadays that they are not interesting anymore.

>end of the world
>inner demons
>gore
>turning into a girl

I cant help but love yuasa thoug, ignoring retarded sex scenes.

You never cared about the manga, why pretend to be offended?

>Retarded contrarian
Fuck off idiot

>not even an argument
See ya in a month faggot.

You completely missed the point of that reply, you cum guzzling slut.

>45 years
Why is Sup Forums filled with dumb contrarian plebs?

Watch Kemonozume if you want crybaby but not rushed

>a manga that's universally praised
What?. It's a widely-loved classic, sure, but that doesn't mean no one has differing opinions. People shat on it all the time for being wonky or tone-deaf or rushed or whatever, and others praised/defended it.

Considering that he's talking about the kind of retards who'd never touched this super-famous manga in al its 45 years of existence until an anime for it showed up on Netflix, he's probably right.

In Japan not this shitty board

Crybaby was so good I'm still sad it wasn't a 26ep high value masterpiece it deserves to be.

wich is why it has so many manga/anime spinoffs and multiple ends right?
its literally bigger than haruhi.

>People bitch and moan about minor flaws of show so they can fit in
Devilman Crybaby is a AOTY contender.
Don't let people on here influence your opinion

You are embarassing yourself OP.
Either way, fuck off to Sup Forums.

If it triggers Sup Forums why not do the obvious and move it to Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

>muh contrarian
Reddit learned a new buzzword as it seems.

>Non arguments
Try harder

I loved it OP. Gave it a 10/10 and I've already rewatched it once. Most fun I've had watching anime in a couple of years. Sup Forums isn't one person

I just fucking said it was a widely-loved classic. Again, that doesn't somehow mean no one dislikes it, or that anyone who does is contrarian. For fuck's sake, Hana Yori Dango's been adapted to TV in like a half-dozen different languages, and that series pisses off 90% of people who read it.

FAGS.

>Using a non argument to argue against a non argument
Wow you sure showed him

>Act like a dumb contrarian
>Dude your reddit stop calling me that

>Arguing a non argument
Stop embarrassing yourself man

>Do I fit in yet

>triggered
>bitch and whine about people not joining the bandwagon
>basically being contrarian and using shitty muh popularity argument when anyone with half of a brain knows how far popularity from quality

I like it, but my biggest issue is that it doesn't follow the manga. The differences are for better or worse and quite a few were worse.

>if I use buzzwords over and over again they will become an argument!
You only make things worse for yourself buddy, no one will take you seriously eventually.

It's anime.
It doesn't matter that's on netflix

>when anyone with half of a brain knows how far popularity from quality
And yet people like you pretend they're mutually exclusive

Define anime in a way that excludes neo yokio/avatar/castlevania and doesnt exclude dmcb

>Contrarian is a buzzword now
Just because it suits people like you on Sup Forums perfectly doesn't mean it is

Made by Japs.
That's it

All those shows are made by japs, with hollywood deciding how they make it.

Try to spend years of watching shitty mediocre adaptation and come to conclusion that in 9/10 cases adaptations are gonna be either mediocre or plain terrible, and then tell me how great crybaby is.
Witness how every single fanbase has been ruined by their popularity and then tell me on all seriousness how contrarian Sup Forums is.

Take out the holywood part then

When you going to throw it everytime somebody don't like your favorite pile of crap, yes, it is gonne become buzzword, if not already.

>Why does Devilman Crybaby trigger /japan/?
This happens when you make anime for gaijin
> Kurose said that assessing DEVILMAN crybaby as an "international-level anime" is a "domestic disease." Also, he said that the show fails to utilize Japanese anime culture. He described the story, script, and direction as "quite awful" and said that some late-night anime are of much higher quality.
>he noted that people criticized his mention of the "otaku vs subculture" conflict. He explained that he intended those comments to demonstrate how Japan's domestic "abundant culture" can inadvertently become overshadowed due to concerns about the "outside."

the new devilman is shit, it looks like shit and the changes to the story are shit

No, they aren't. Castlevania was made by Murricans, as was Avatar. Don't know about the other.

>Moe fag gets BTFO and apologises

Calling people contrarian is not an argument, especially when you are being contrariran yourself.

>Muh still frames it's bad
Animation is meant to be moving

The fuck are you talking about? You are the crybaby.

>International acclaim
I don't even know what that means. You mean, Netflix paid reviewers from other countries to say positive things about their product?
>and popularity
Like all anime, then.

They are made either by korean slave labor or japs, much like most of "american" animation.

>Netflix paid shills still at it

>It was sad to see old concepts being literally normalized so much nowadays that they are not interesting anymore.
Just finished reading Devilman and I totally agree. It was an amazing descend into madness, but it all already felt so familiar. So many of the things it did aren't shocking anymore, especially the whole
>humans are no better than demons
trope is so overdone nowadays, but was probably really innovative back then.

I think the most relevant definition of anime is "paid by japanese, for the japanese" and everything "paid by hollywood, for the americans" is called cartoons. Deviman crybaby clearly fits the latter definition.

>animation is meant to be moving
Yuasa pls.

It annoyed me that Devilman, Seliene and other important demons were detailed and true to their designs but all the side demons were just simple shapes.

>made for japanese
Not really fit the definition then.

Aniplex did it. They went to talk with Yuasa and decided to pursue this project probably due to nagais 50th anniversary. Netflix probably got an offer or they went and asked themself and then they got the full distribution rights in japan and outside of it. So not really hollywood doing anything.
Fruthermore neither Castlevania or Neo Yokio were being done by japanese people. Those were complete American/korean productions.

>innovative
It's not innovative, it's called moral degradation, not to mention it's not something original in devilman either.

>yuasa anime is getting hate now
what a crazy timeline

Blame netflix
also did you miss the fags hating ping pong?

If netflix made a single executive decision about the content in dmcb it becomes a cartoon, if Yuasa made any decision to appease netflix content guidelines its a cartoon. If you can show none of those things happened then its anime.

Tatami Galaxy would be bashed every day for being a pretentious audiobook with cartoon-like animation if only Sup Forums ever heard of it.

Outside of funny shitposts about ugly screenshots ping pong is called a 10/10 anime, AOTY and 3x3core anime all the time.

Whatever, autist.

You mean the former? Its was produced by the japanese aimed at the japanese market. They had absolute 0 advertising in the west. Instead they completely focussed on japan in a way no other anime did. Even got commercials during the first broadcast of your name and a two page spread in the second biggest newspaper in japan.

I doubt story elements like those are intentionally done to degrade the morals of a society (not in japan at least since the culture is still in their own hands and not in those of a hostile elite), though I could agree that it may have that effect.
I'm not sure how the medium or the zeitgeist itself was around its release, but I do imagine that it was way more edgy back then than it is now

>flop dragon
That shit is more popular outside of Sup Forums then here.

So you're fine with devilman threads being moved to Sup Forums, great. Im glad we resolved this argument and we can all move on with our lives

anyone selling that newspaper online? would be neat to frame it.

Have a free shrug.

You mean on /u/?

reddit-tier response, desu

Certainly netflix wants to lure japs into subscriping to their service.

Try amazon.

That's a shit definition. As long as it's produced by Japan it's anime.

This
netflix wants that jap money and it will get it by using anime

Who makes that rule and who even thinks that? Last year crunchyroll was on several production committees of late night anime which means that they had some influence on the production of those shows. Guess that means that all that stuff were cartoons, though I dont think you would be willing to call them that.
And like I said Netflix is the platform. They werent on the production committee nor are they production executives, meaning they had no influence apart from giving Yuasa more freedom thant traditional networks.

Or drama.

They don't like being reminded God is real. Repent and submit to Jesus Christ, and to Rome, Sup Forums. A better life than this is waiting.

And propagate hollywood values of racial inclusiveness in japan.
Just imagine how many interracial sex scenes yuasa next anime is going to have, aimed to please the japanese audiences of course.

>Devilman is not Sup Forums
Advanced shitposting

Of course thats why they took devilman of all things. This probably earned them a lot of subscribers.

I actually think the manga relies too much in exposition and with exception of Akira and Ryo no other character was really important, and even then I don't feel any of them were better than their DC versions. The tone shft was also too soon, like if it came half way the manga's write instead of something thought from the very beginning.

Haven't seen the other animu adaptations, but the manga's just plain better. Gave this one 3 episodes and was like "why bother watching this when I can just reread devilman"?

Go Nagai is fucking terrible.

violet evergarden is a cartoon as well then