Boku no Hero Academia

What year is the series supposed to be set in?
The first chapter establishes that Quirks emerged in the modern world, and that at least 5 generations have passed, so it has to be over 100 years.
And yet, even though heroes have a bunch of sci-fi tech, technology for the civilian world doesn't seem to have advanced much; their cell phones, computers and cars don't look any different. A throaway panel tries to explain this lack of advancement on the chaos caused by the rise of Quirks. This however doesn't explain why architecture, fashion, values, prices and culture seem to be almost exactly the same to that of modern Japan, only with superheroes added in.
It's like Hori forgets that this is supposed to be the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/broken-window-fallacy.asp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Age when?

FUCKING STOP WITH NEVERENDING "not"GENERAL HERO ACADEMIA THREADS
THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK UNTIL NEW CHAPTER WILL BE OUT ON GOOK SCANS
I DON'T WANT THESE THREADS TO BE SAME OVER AND OVER SHIPPERFAGS CIRCLEJERK OR SHITPOSTING TIRADES WITHT THAT ONE AUTIST

Shut up cunt

>captcha: 2000 mina

Here I am.

Doing everything you can, I presume?

Quirks created a fuckton of setbacks in regards to what it meant to be "human," and prevented much technological progress from advancing as a result of the newfound conflict in government, economics, and etc.

Holding onto what I am

It's an alternative universe mate, don't think too much into it.

>BNH has a shitty writing
In other news water is wet

>Just turn your brain off bro

What do normies think of Deku?

>mfw an American was grape near me

There’s literally a trope for that you dimwit

MomoJirou is best

I made a comic instead, user
sorry

Kek. This is way cuter than BakuCamie

what the fuck is cammie saying?

Black things

bland

She's saying she's naughty and offering to step on his half and half dick. And she's gonna do it in public where everyone in Japan(?) can see it. She'll stomp his dick so hard that he dies.
And then they'll go get pizza.

prove to me how he is not best boy

pro tip: you can´t

Best boy got cucked by Tetsux4

But that was decades ago. There's been peace for years, there's no way Apple wouldn't have launched the iPhone Infinity+2 in that time.

>wine glass

user, its the year 2016 and many places in America and Western Europe still look like they are still set in the 70s.

Get out of your room and travel more faggot.

The year is 2218

>spoilers in 24 hours
>nobody cares

What killed the hype?

If we scream harder, I’m sure the spoilers will come earlier! COME ON WE CAN DO IT

Pic related exists

It has to do with visual shorthand. The idea is that if something looking unusual isn't the focus of a scene, it should be instantly recognizable. A good example of an anime fucking that up was when Kore Wa Zombie had a dyson fan in place of a regular one. Sure, there's nothing unusual about dyson fans, but the audience needs to take a moment to process what it is and it ends up distracting. It's the same reason you occasionally see comics and cartoons use archaic "bells on the top" alarm clocks over people using their smartphone as an alarm.

The reason MHA doesn't have advanced fashion or technology is because being set in the future is only a device to explain the setting. Constantly seeing weird technology and clothes would only distract the audience from the story being told.

You seem to forget that Hori too explained that the war between quirkless and quirk ruined technology development.

>muh space programs
So literally nothing is different from real life

I don't think he explicitly stated it was between the quirk and quirkless. I think it was just a bunch of fighting.

make more user, this is good

It’s implied, at least at the start of quirks becoming a thing.

>the war between quirkless and quirk ruined technology development.

That would've been a better setting than the 'faux 2015 in 100 years' setting it has now

Bakugou exists.

The “social friction between powered vs non-powered factions” has been done to death, the manga won’t even pass 20 chapters. Besides a lot of the appeal come from the current form’s exploration of “how would society like ours change if everyone has power”

Nice.

Cute as fuck, thank you

I do like Todo hanging a girl who isn’t a total wet blanket like Momo

Spoiler plox. What time is it in nip land?

Spoilers in 2 days, friend

spoilers in 3 hours

Utter shit

So a discount rip off of X-men?

Mad rude fampai

Emphasis on "back then", it was a long time ago, why hasn't anything progressed in the last couple of years?

Shouldn't Quirks have made it EASIER to achieve interstellar travel?
Someone like Uraraka with her gravity cancelling powers already eliminates one of the biggest barriers to space travel: getting stuff out of Earth's orbit.

You'd think she'd have gotten tons of offers from JAXA or something.

War and civil unrest set back human progress.

The world wasn’t has peaceful as it was now, All Might made it that was (at least in Japan). I assume info structure was destroyed during the early days by people who though they were better than those without Quirks.

Stupid auto correct. I meant infrastructure.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to best squad

The premise that war stagnates technological development is flawed, if anything it leads to increased government funding in certain fields of science. Nuclear power came from the Manhattan Project during WWII. The Cold War is the reason the US and the Soviets even bothered going to space. The internet was another Cold War invention of the military.
All those giant robots that UA has are probably based on their world's equivalent of the Sentinel program.

>left to right reading

Virtually everyone else is. What a shitty filler arc.

Why are you so bitter? It was fun and everyone loves the squad.

>Bakugo, Todoroki, Inasa and Camie are praised for their hard work, no permit yet
>bants on their way back to UA dorms
>suddenly Gigantomastia appears
>Mt. Lady tries to engage it in kaiju fight, but fails
>All Might takes the wheel and tries to escape
>mass destruction everywhere
>Endeavor tell All Might that he'll protect the future
>no chapter next week

How exactly does a conflict like that not end in M.A.D?

Fag

>Calling it filler when Big Daddy is more relevant than over half the cast of the previous arc

That was a war between governments, governments of two superpower nations competing to spread influence, no less, with available resources to pump into RnD.
Something like a quirk war, which could concern a very personal existensial crisis, is more likely to start from grassroot movement(s) and pits people in the same nation against each other. The closest real life approximation would be a civil war, but even then it’s not entirely accurate since a quirk war would be motivated by something like “do you have an extra limbs or not?”

>Reas HK's lifeline doujin.
Why do this kind of shit always make me feel joy but also sadness and bitterness inside at the same time?

Because you know you'll never have a cute gf/wife like Ochako.

;_;

S-shut up user.

>Deku is different from All Might because he has empathy
>he can't smile all the time because he can't go through life experiences realistically while doing so

If this is true then why did he force a smile when he came back to the dorms?

he is broken

i love endeavor

>ywn ever have a Bakugou BF
How am I supposed to cope with this despair?

I'm super jealous of that one cat getting a face full of his monster fire cock.

Is there chapter this week?

>Bakugou BF
Unclear on the concept.

Best

That's why Africa is full of technology development, right?

no

maybe

B-Boyfriend, user.

What's wrong with Africa?

I meant the concept of Bakugou being a boyfriend. It sounds unnatural.

>3rd and 5th panel
I come here to forget my HS days not to relive them through a extra

Africa actually has some of the fastest growing economies in the world right now. They're making big strides.

S T OP.

>this nigga

No shit that a continent that had literally no economy to speak of and got invaded by chinks started growing faster than everywhere else.

Is it really “development” if it’s just chinks invading and funding infrastructure projects for their benefit though?

Another example of Hori forgetting that this is the future is the scene where Gran Torino complains about kids these days with their cell phones, and GT is shown using a payphone to call All-Might, implying he has no cell phone. This despite the fact that he must have grown up with cell phones, it makes little sense for him to reject a technology that was around since before he was born.

or the cat sleeping between his big bara tiddies

well yea, the chinks are bringing opportunities that didn't exists before. It's still going to remain a shithole, especially since it will soon be the fastest growing continent in the world population wise. Not saying everywhere in Africa is bad though, I was in Cape Town during Christmas on vacation and the city was better than many American and European cities I have been in.

How come All Might isn't more popular? He's easily the most charismatic in the series

Japs have chronic shit taste.

Did you ever get to confess user?
Also, anyone tha can read moonrunes?

Too bara in his hero form and not cute/handsome enough in his skelly form

Your premise is faulty. The U.S wasn't invaded during ww2, they watched from the sidelines, saving their money, and only invested in science once they were committed to the war effort. Also nuclear power built on research gathered decades going back to Madame Curies work.

War is a motivating factor but if you're losing your funds in war instead of in research, you're not going to see scientific advancement.

You are falling victim to the "broken window fallacy"

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/broken-window-fallacy.asp

They like him a lot

If he were young and bishie I bet the fujos would be all over him and Deku.

Okay, an explosive bf like Bakugo*

>You're cute, Kendou
>Hah? ...what...are you saying...? *ba-dump*

>you will never hug deku
>you will never flirt with him and embarrass him
>you will never kiss him
>you will never be hold by his strong arms

Why live