What the fuck happened?

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm seriously thinking of recutting the episodes so that they make sense.

Violet Evergarden is a overhyped piece of trash, people are just gasming all over KyoAni's animation/art but it has so little substance wtf

They're still much better than most studios on aggregate (especially since they treat their workers like human beings), but have definitely declined since 2012 or so. Too many mediocre LN adaptations and a shift in directing style that has culminated in what looks like an Instagram anime today.

That said, Maidragon felt like a return to form and was a fun, charming slice of life. Hopefully in the future they focus more on manga adaptations, which is where their two best anime (K-On and Nichijou) come from.

But didn't you guys boasted about their in-house light novels being their greatest strength that sets them apart from other studios?

A studio of mostly women made a show intended for women and tried to sell it to guys.

I never did that. Maybe other people did.

Oh look it's the daily kyoani hate thread

No idea. Probably a bit of hard work and some luck with landing good material to turn into an anime.

>baww i trashed on other companies before but why are they now trashing on me?

Shitty LN turned out to be a even worse adaptation. More news at 11.

We all know you did.

Nice projection

You don't know what projection means, do you

They fired Yamakan.

This

A BD user's cut version would be appreciated.

There is no LN for Violet Evergarden dumbass

Not really, no. Out of their LN adaptations since 2012:

>Chuunibyou: okay first season, second was shit
>Kyoukai no Kanata: awful
>Amaburi: liked overall - funny and great fanservice, but shit villain
>Free: lol
>Hibike: mixed, had high highs and low lows, especially in season 2 (loved Asuka's arc but the first 4 episodes were boring as fuck)
>VEG: mixed so far

Forgot Phantom World, which is about the best way to sum up my opinion of it

Also forgot flop dragon

How do you manage to breath and walk at the same time?

Not a LN adaptation or a flop (just swamped out hard by Kemono Friends, as was everything that season).

they got too much money and got full of themselves.

Can't even refute my point, nice

Have you shitposters just mentally blocked Koe no Katachi from your memory?

I don't know. They went from literal nobodies to being the leading studio in the industry and a model to everyone else. It's pretty much all thanks to Yamada's leadership. Can you imagine anime nowadays without Kyoani? I'd probably give up on seasonal anime and just watch the old stuff.

You're braindead.
kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/

t. Sakugabooru shill

What are you mean?