Hayate the Combat Butler - Requiscat In Pace

Sort of old news, but with the publication of the final extra chapter, Hayate no Gotoku is finally over. Now this is a thread to reminisce and remember the fond halcyon days when Hayate was good.

What made you pick up Hayate?
Why did you stick with it?
Who did you support for the Hayatebowl?

In the end, I think Hayate was a good series when it started and a good series right up until the last few chapters. But, and this is important, Hayate as a series changed from what it was at the start to what it became. Where it started with a good balance of humor, drama, and grand ambitions it became an excellent comedy manga with tired pretensions and some pretty decent characters. Sakuya being written out and Izumi becoming a joke were unfortunate victims of this evolution, but at the same time I think the frenetic pacing and over the top comedy were the only things that kept Hayate going as long as it did. I don't regret picking it up and falling in love with Hayate, Maria, Nagi and the rest.

Also GODDAMMIT INCEST RUINS EVERYTHING again.

Hayate and Maria were never going to have the happy ending they deserved.

I hope Hata gets hit by a bus.

Truck-kun, you're my only hope.

He'll be hit by becoming a failed mangaka one-hit wonder.

tfw end of the world arc animated never

Why not a movie or an ONA?

Athena was a no show.
Hina was a no show.
Ruka was a no show.
Fucking Izumi barely made it.

And the one gal who was there at the very beginning had to fucking get the incest mark of all things. Fuck you Hata all I wanted was a Maria end.

NEVER

It seemed like Maria was going to be the main heroine originally. I have no idea what happened.

>didn't even mention the hamster
Well fuck you too.

how do you cope with the fact that you will never meet with your HnG waifu again?

Hamster has no future.

elaborate on the maria incest. was she hayates brother all along?

>Implying Hata deserves being isekai'd

It's over? I should probably find time to dive into it again. I think I remember reading up to around the castle or something with Hayate's first girlfriend trapped inside, due to mcguffins or ancient magic or something.

I remember being annoyed by more of the side girls developing deeper feelings for Hayate. With so many love interests, you know that most don't have any semblance of a chance, so it felt meaningless to pretend to add depth.

The anime
The comedy and A-tan
A-tan or hamster (never)

Also fuck you Hata

I still mad knowing this was actually planned and he didn't follow through with it. Fuck you Hata.

Picked up long ago when I was a horny kid thinking it's another harem romcom

See previous posts. She was Hayate's half-sister from another mother. Hayate's dad was a playa.

Al least now all the HayatexMaria doujins will have an "Incest" tag added to them.

Wait, so who won?

And Hinagiku?

Open end

Not kidding, Kotetsu.

>500+ chapters for an open end
Well, I'm glad I dropped this when I did.

Really fucking hated how Hina got no response. I mean come the fuck on, even the usual "I'm not ready" would've been worth something.

Hung herself after Hayate rejected her.

Wait so the extra chapter retcons the canon Nagi end? That would make me happy actually. Hamster and Hina deserve their harem opportunity to live on in my mind.

So Chiharu draws hardcore BL even though she’s a lesbian?

Well, I guess it’s not uncommon.

Chiharu is not a lesbian. She was totally into Hayate.

Why didn't Hina and Hayate hook up again? Somebody give me the basic gestalt.

Hayate has a complex and Hina never properly confessed until the end.

No, it wasn't an open end.

>Final Chapter
Hayate and Nagi start dating 2 years after the destruction of the Royal Garden.
>Epilogue Chapter
Set 6 months after the destruction of the Royal Garden. Maria decides that it'll take about 2 years from this point for Hayate and Nagi to grant her wish and prepare the present.
>Omake Epilogue Chapter
Maria returns to the Sanzenin Mansion 2-3 years after the destruction of the Royal Garden.

The implication is that the nice present Hayate prepared for Maria is his and Nagi's baby.

She wasn’t that into him. Also as a harem leader and a trap, Hayate is attractive to even lesbians.

Pathetic, lame, predictable "first girl tsundere wins lol" archetype. I regret that I followed this to the end just to be disappointed.

this is the deepest sorrow

I miss Hinaposting but now that she's died a withered, unloved virgin I can't support her anymore. She should've taken Hayate by force with Hamster.

What do you think Hayate was doing during the 2 years he wasn't with Nagi? He was dating Hina and trying to see if he could love her, but in the end he realized that he still loved Nagi more and went back to her.

I guess if Hina, Athena, Hamster and Isumi all got to fuck him first it's fine if Nagi takes him in the end.

did he ever find his brother?

Yes, it was a whole huge arc.

And Maria never hinted that Hayate's brother was also her brother. She just got stripped and dressed in a bikini by Hayate.

Yeah. He works as a lifeguard.

And is married to a doctor.